PDA

View Full Version : FIFA Under-20 World Cup Official Thread

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Anybody watching the games? The US is playing Korea right now. Its actually been a pretty decent game, with various opportunities for both teams. Some bonehead plays have really made this game interesting :lol A little earlier the US got screwed out of a penalty

resistanze
06-30-2007, 05:01 PM
I watched Brazil lose earlier to Poland; they looked like crap.

I was wondering which channel the USA/Korea game was on considering it's being played in Canada and it wasn't on the main station. Had to browse to a channel ive never seen before, just in time for the 2nd half.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2007, 05:05 PM
well you didn't miss much. The goals were alright, nothing special

resistanze
06-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Off the freaking post...Korea knows how to play.

resistanze
06-30-2007, 05:44 PM
So much speed...so little finishing by Korea. They over-run the ball too much and won't make the final pass to secure a goal.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2007, 08:10 PM
that was a crap game by Argentina. We just can't finish the play. We get there, just can't score the goal.

Spurologist
06-30-2007, 09:33 PM
I watched Brazil lose earlier to Poland; they looked like crap.

Damn. I thought Brazil would dominate. The guy to watch out for is Alexandre Pato.

SAtown
07-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Brazil vs USA = hell of a game. It's a lot more interesting than most of the Copa America games. These kids play with a lot of intensity

MaNuMaNiAc
07-06-2007, 08:23 PM
hell of a game? Brasil is playing like shit

resistanze
07-06-2007, 08:39 PM
USA deserved that win. I hope Brazil doesn't advance because it's torture watching them play. I dunno what part in Brazil they came from :lol

resistanze
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Also, even though I should be rooting for my countryman I find Adu rather annoying and almost impossible to root for.

Spurologist
07-06-2007, 08:48 PM
This young brazilian team lacks players that can finish. Pato was virtually shot down. If you combine Brazil's lack of finishing with Chris Seitz brilliant play, you can almost forget about scoring. Brazil got lucky to even score. Sietz is the next great US keeper.

Damn. If Michael Bradley could shot, he's a definite poor man Paul Scholes. Incredible defensive mid. He stopped a handful of Brazilian attacks.

Adu was decent. He didn't have as much activity as in the Poland game but made some nice runs. He was crucial in the second goal. I have got to see that reply when he lobbed the ball over TWO defenders and got through. His shot was blocked but it found it's way right to Altidore's feet for the tap in.

It was all Altidore today. It was like TD posting up Nash out there. Too much power for the Brazilian defenders.

AND to think Brazil probably won't advance.........

Spurologist
07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Also, even though I should be rooting for my countryman I find Adu rather annoying and almost impossible to root for.

He stole your lunch money????

resistanze
07-06-2007, 09:22 PM
He stole your lunch money????
:lol Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the hat trick by him, but something 'bout his game rubs me the wrong way. I dunno if it's because I think at times he goes down too often or he's too abrasive but there's something about his style that doesn't appeal to me much. Believe me though, I'm trying to get pass my finickiness!

This young brazilian team lacks players that can finish.
Agreed. Add the fact that they tend to pussyfoot around during large stretches of the game until they're scored on results in a second grade team usually playing from behind. I was expecting them to play more like how the Mexican team has played; there's a team that can pass and finish.

scott
07-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Wednesday , Jully 11, 2007 19:45 ET United States v Uruguay Round of 16

Sense
07-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Mexico leading their group on this one too :P

The_Worlds_finest
07-09-2007, 10:22 PM
If USA wins the SUB20 WC the world better watch out come 2010

cornbread
07-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Great game last night. Who does US play in the next round?

Spurologist
07-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Great game last night. Who does US play in the next round?

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4028/fifau20iw4.jpg

MaNuMaNiAc
07-13-2007, 12:01 AM
:lmao Mexican's won't look too happy if we eliminate them in this tournament as well...

MaNuMaNiAc
07-13-2007, 12:02 AM
By the way, did anybody catch the Aguero goal for Argentina?

It was awesome!

SAtown
07-13-2007, 12:15 AM
:lmao Mexican's won't look too happy if we eliminate them in this tournament as well...

La verdadera revancha :downspin:

The_Worlds_finest
07-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Nah Ive been slacking on watching other games, just been keeping up with my American brotheren. Man what a game against Uruguay! I was starting to get down, sure it was an own goal that kept us in it, but no question about the go ahead goal, watch out for Micheal Bradley, that kids going places...any word on the striker who went down? Altidore?

polandprzem
07-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Argentina you lucky flopsos !

Well, you could see the difference between Poland and Argentina esp. in the techique. Frickers from Arg were 10 times better at that aspct. But all in all it was not bad game.
For Poland it is always about a team play more then the indiwiduals they do not have and it is impossible to have in that country.

At least we are top3 in the World at volleyball :)

resistanze
07-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Mexico's tournament to lose, from what I've watched. They're in great form.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Mexico's tournament to lose, from what I've watched. They're in great form.careful there, they still have to go through the 5 time champs bro. Have people still not learned not to underestimate us?

resistanze
07-13-2007, 11:05 AM
careful there, they still have to go through the 5 time champs bro. Have people still not learned not to underestimate us?
I'm not referring to Argentina specifically; I've been saying the same thing since Mexico's second group game. I'm well aware that every team left in the tournament is capable of winning it all.

I'm just saying that if Mexico maintains their form, I can't see anyone beating them. Of course, whether that happens remains to be seen.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-13-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm not referring to Argentina specifically; I've been saying the same thing since Mexico's second group game. I'm well aware that every team left in the tournament is capable of winning it all.

I'm just saying that if Mexico maintains their form, I can't see anyone beating them. Of course, whether that happens remains to be seen.I do, I see Argentina beating them next Sunday :smokin

and I predict it will be 2-1. It will be close, because I agree Mexico is playing extremely well, but I think we'll come out on top. Ofcourse, I have to admit, I haven't watched Mexico play, just read the scores, so I might be way off here :D

MaNuMaNiAc
07-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Nice goal by Altidore for the States! Man if Altidore and Adu keep playing like their playing, the US is going to be a lot better in the near future!

MaNuMaNiAc
07-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Anybody seen this? I admit I didn't see it up until a few minutes ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIiaXWq1KHY

what the fuck were those Portuguese players thinking?? seriously NUTS! insane, mental, etc. Both red cards were deserved period.

:lol at the dude grabing the red card, as if that is going to change the ref's mind. Fucking moron! and then he starts crying... seriously insane

Avitus1
07-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Oh so now I find the damn thread. I feel like an idiot. Dah well glad to see I'm not the only one.

resistanze
07-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Talk about being persistent, tie game.

Poor goalkeeping.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-14-2007, 01:58 PM
:lol this game is fucking fun! both teams shooting the daylights out of the other. Austria just scored a lucky goal

Avitus1
07-14-2007, 02:02 PM
I like it when the teams argent afraid to take shots.

USA USA USA!!

resistanze
07-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Damn nice save by the US player.

Okotie fucked that up, should've shot the ball FAR sooner.

Avitus1
07-14-2007, 03:39 PM
USA needs to score!

Avitus1
07-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I almost went crazy, thank God for the goal post...

mardigan
07-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Hard to score with a man down
With that said they had so many chances

Avitus1
07-14-2007, 03:47 PM
True.

Looks like I'll be cheering for Mexico the rest of the way out. Not that it matters I always cheer for Mexico.

Typhoon
07-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Mexico eliminated by Argentina, Argentine goal made by Moralez.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-16-2007, 01:43 AM
this is an empty victory for me... after last nights debacle... still, Mexico can't be too happy with us

Phenomanul
07-16-2007, 11:35 AM
It was more of an own goal.... The goal-keeper would have stopped that shot if not for the deflection by the Mexican defender.

What I want to know is how Argentina's #4 can get away with slapping Mexican players in the box, in front of the ref no less, without getting ejected. He did it 3 times!!!

Frustrating loss considering the two best teams in the tournament once again had to meet before the final. Both Mexico and Argentina were the only two undefeated teams left in the tournament. Maybe this time Argentina won't feel that the other games are mere formalities and will actually play them...

Typhoon
07-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Argentina going to the finals after beating Chile...Crazy match, 6 players from Chile got arrested from assaulting the referee at the end of the match, what a shame... I do agree that the referee had some bad calls, but it wouldn’t have changed the outcome of the game, Argentina was clearly superior, even though they decided to defend most of the time, they took all the opportunities when they attacked… Chile what a horrible and violent to end a successful sub-20 you guys had.

Typhoon
07-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Argentina champion!

Great match! so happy for Argentina right now.

ALVAREZ6
07-22-2007, 11:59 PM
At least we won this tournament