PDA

View Full Version : Which team is likely to be "upset" in the playoffs next year?

SpursDynasty
06-30-2007, 07:32 PM
With the Warriors having a 6-1 record vs Dallas over the 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 regular seasons, and "upsetting" Dallas in the first round 4 games to 2 (making the overall GS record 10-3 vs. Dallas over 2005-2007), Cuban wanted to try and get his revenge by sueing Nelson for using inside information. lmao.

With the Spurs winning the season series 2-1 vs. Phoenix, and having a better Western Conference record than Phoenix, San Antonio "upset" the so-called "favorites" in the series, the Suns.

So with Dallas and Phoenix being the two best teams in the NBA :lol , we saw the biggest "upsets" of the century: Dallas losing to a team that beat them in the regular season series, and Phoenix losing to a team that beat them in the regular season series. Cleveland losing could also be considered an upset, because they have LeBron James and Daniel Gibson, and as NBA.com mentioned earlier in the playoffs, it's the James Era in the NBA!

So, having said all that, which team do you think will get "upset" in the playoffs next year? Dallas, Phoenix, or the Spurs? Dallas and Phoenix have got to be the two favorites to win the championship next year, because one of them was supposed to this year and they didn't, so they will be mad.

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't think Phoenix losing to the Spurs was an upset at all, nor was it one of "the biggest of the century."

Findog
06-30-2007, 07:55 PM
I nominate SpursDynasty for best SpursTalk poster. Comedy masterpieces!

Brutalis
06-30-2007, 08:01 PM
premature ejac

mavs>spurs2
06-30-2007, 08:24 PM
The only part I agree on is that GS over Dallas actually was a huge upset.

Stargazer
06-30-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't really get this question, unless you are simply defining "upset" as "a lower ranked seed beating a higher ranked seed."

If that's your definition, then it's really just another way of saying, which team is most likely to overachieve in the regular season and underachieve in the playoffs? By that definition, you'd have to say Phoenix and Dallas are both likely candidates.

SpursDynasty
06-30-2007, 09:07 PM
I don't really get this question, unless you are simply defining "upset" as "a lower ranked seed beating a higher ranked seed."

If that's your definition, then it's really just another way of saying, which team is most likely to overachieve in the regular season and underachieve in the playoffs? By that definition, you'd have to say Phoenix and Dallas are both likely candidates.

:lol

BobcatsDynasty
06-30-2007, 09:09 PM
The Bobcats beating the Spurs is an "upset". The Bobcats were just beating a team they're supposed to beat.

dickface
06-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Cleveland losing could also be considered an upset

you're a fucking idiot. go kill yourself.

Johnny RIngo
06-30-2007, 11:32 PM
The S0ns have been lucky to receive the Lakers(one of the only playoff teams with a defense worse than the S0ns) twice in a row in the first round. The Nuggets would take em. Better frontcourt(Nene, Camby, and KMart would abuse Amare) and better backcourt(Iverson runs circles around Steve Trash and his lousy defense while Melo scores at will against the overrated Floppin Bell). All they need is perimeter shooter to come off the bench and I could see the upset happeneing.

Xylus
07-01-2007, 12:21 AM
The S0ns have been lucky to receive the Lakers(one of the only playoff teams with a defense worse than the S0ns) twice in a row in the first round. The Nuggets would take em. Better frontcourt(Nene, Camby, and KMart would abuse Amare) and better backcourt(Iverson runs circles around Steve Trash and his lousy defense while Melo scores at will against the overrated Floppin Bell). All they need is perimeter shooter to come off the bench and I could see the upset happeneing.
Laughable.

Everything the Nuggets do, the Suns do better. The Suns would drop 3's on them all night.

Only a defense as strong as the Spurs' could take out an offense like the one in Phoenix.

SpursDynasty
07-01-2007, 01:45 AM
you're a fucking idiot. go kill yourself.

Cleveland beat SA both times they met in the regular season. And it's the James Era. Therefore, by the standards of this forum, SA beating Cleveland was an upset. :lol

SpursDynasty
07-01-2007, 01:48 AM
I hope Dallas and Phoenix don't make any trades. It's fun beating Dirk, Nash, and Amare and getting the championship. The Spurs have done it three times during the Dirk era of the Mavs and the Nash and Amare era of the Suns.

Looking forward to next season.

Findog
07-01-2007, 01:56 AM
I hope Dallas and Phoenix don't make any trades. It's fun beating Dirk, Nash, and Amare and getting the championship. The Spurs have done it two times during the Dirk era of the Mavs and two times during the Nash and Amare era of the Suns.

Looking forward to next season.

Fixed.

Last time I checked the Mavs eliminated the Spurs in the playoffs...8 out of the last 12 meetings too. You better hope we hope lose to an 8-seed again...You don't want any part of us.

Xylus
07-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Suns don't want any part of the Spurs, Spurs don't want any part of the Mavs, and the Mavs don't want any part of the Suns.

It's an endless, vicious cycle. :(

Findog
07-01-2007, 02:46 AM
Suns don't want any part of the Spurs, Spurs don't want any part of the Mavs, and the Mavs don't want any part of the Suns.

It's a very weird case of Rock-Paper-Scissors...Was I the only person outside of Phoenix praying for a KG-Amare deal? We have never had an answer for Nash/Amare on the pic-n-roll.

stretch
07-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Fixed.

Last time I checked the Mavs eliminated the Spurs in the playoffs...8 out of the last 12 meetings too. You better hope we hope lose to an 8-seed again...You don't want any part of us.
actually, the spurs have only beaten the Mavs ONCE on their road to a title, and that was in 2002-2003. They didnt win the title when they beat us in 00-01.

spursdynasty is fucking retarded.

stretch
07-01-2007, 08:01 AM

actually, the Mavs would love to play the Suns as well, IMO. probably more so than they would love to play the Spurs. the spurs play playoff, championship basketball. the suns do not.

johngateswhiteley
07-01-2007, 08:40 AM
why are _allas fans even talking about the Spurs in such a manner? ...hilarious.

BillsCarnage
07-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Upsets like the Warriors/Mavs series only come around once a decade or so.

NBA Junkie
07-01-2007, 11:13 AM
If the Suns get KG and lose Amare, they're one and done fo sho!

SpursDynasty
07-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Fixed.

It's about who wins the championship, not who you go through. Spurs have done it four times while Dirk has been in the league.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Fixed.

Last time I checked the Mavs eliminated the Spurs in the playoffs...8 out of the last 12 meetings too. You better hope we hope lose to an 8-seed again...You don't want any part of us.hey Findog, last time I checked the Spurs were one stupid Manu foul away from eliminating you in that series, so don't come around as if the Mavs have the Spurs number when it comes to the playoffs. I actually want the Spurs to get to play the Mavs, if only to dispell the myth propagated by Mavs fans that such a meeting would end in a certain win for the Mavs.

by the way I'm :lmao at you bringing out the regular season record, as if that has any bearing on what goes on in the playoffs... I guess you didn't watch the finals much.

SpursDynasty
07-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Fixed.

The Mavs had won 67 of their last 82 games but that didn't do them any good.

The Spurs are a playoff team, not a regular season team.

Findog
07-01-2007, 12:02 PM
The Mavs had won 67 of their last 82 games but that didn't do them any good.

The Spurs are a playoff team, not a regular season team.

Your claim was that the Spurs continue to beat the Mavs in the playoffs. Or did you forget about this?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1278/567468012_b65ce86f44_o.jpg

You better hope we run into Phoenix or Golden State again. You don't want any part of us.

SpursDynasty
07-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Your claim was that the Spurs continue to beat the Mavs in the playoffs. Or did you forget about this?

You better hope we run into Phoenix or Golden State again. You don't want any part of us.

That picture was the good old days for you all, wasn't it? :lol

And as far as running into Phoenix or Golden State, if your team is the best, you beat anybody. Doesn't matter who. Spurs could destroy Phoenix and Golden State. In fact, I think SA went what....6-2 vs those teams in the regular season and Dallas...2-5?

It's about beating who you play, not if you think you can beat the guys who won the trophy.

That picture is outdated though. Find one from this year's playoffs, but that might not be a good idea.

Findog
07-01-2007, 12:19 PM
hey Findog, last time I checked the Spurs were one stupid Manu foul away from eliminating you in that series, so don't come around as if the Mavs have the Spurs number when it comes to the playoffs. I actually want the Spurs to get to play the Mavs, if only to dispell the myth propagated by Mavs fans that such a meeting would end in a certain win for the Mavs.

by the way I'm :lmao at you bringing out the regular season record, as if that has any bearing on what goes on in the playoffs... I guess you didn't watch the finals much.

Didn't say it's certain that the Mavs would prevail over the Spurs, in fact, I think they would've lost to the Spurs this time around since they burned themselves out playing in fifth gear the entire regular season. When both teams are humming along and at the top of their game, however, give us some respect, we beat you the last time we both met in the playoffs. When we meet in the regular season, those are games both teams get up for more than a home game against say, Boston or Charlotte. The X's and O's dynamic is the same. If the regular season doesn't matter, then we should put no stock in the Warriors' 3-0 record against Dallas this year? If the regular season doesn't matter, then teams just get invitations to the playoffs based on how popular they are?

I'm just trolling in response to SpursDynasty's diarrhea.

Findog
07-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Are you still holding on to your claim that the Spurs "continue to beat" Dirk and the Mavs in the playoffs? I wasn't disputing this year's playoffs results. Do the Spurs "continue to beat" Dirk and the Mavs? Playoffs? Regular Season? Yes or No.

Like I said, we are San Antonio's kryptonite. If there's one team you don't want to see in the playoffs, it's us.

MrChug
07-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Are you still holding on to your claim that the Spurs "continue to beat" Dirk and the Mavs in the playoffs? I wasn't disputing this year's playoffs results. Do the Spurs "continue to beat" Dirk and the Mavs? Playoffs? Regular Season? Yes or No.

Like I said, we are San Antonio's kryptonite. If there's one team you don't want to see in the playoffs, it's us.

YOU'RE "SAN ANTONIO'S KRYPTONITE?!?!?!?" :lmao

God, it's funny how Mavsfans are just becoming a PARODY of yourselves. I know you do it on purpose but DAMN. Look, the fact is that we didn't play you this year to shut your fat yaps. THATS YOUR FAULT. You weren't good enough to get past a team that MORE OBVIOUSLY is your "kryptonite" (fags use metaphors, so I can't believe I did). You couldn't cut it. You lost.

BUT...even if your theory is correct (which it isn't). Then our kryptonite=a 67 win team and a team who has averaged over 58 wins this centure. YOUR "KRYPTONITE"? A team who has averaged about 32 wins in the same period....your kryptonite=basically nothing. That means you suck.

mavs>spurs2
07-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Comon Mr.Chug I think we can admit that Dallas is a bad matchup for you guys. Not saying that you guys can't beat us, but I think we have a better chance of anyone in the league of dethroning you guys.

MrChug
07-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Comon Mr.Chug I think we can admit that Dallas is a bad matchup for you guys. Not saying that you guys can't beat us, but I think we have a better chance of anyone in the league of dethroning you guys.

And I would never deny that, I really wouldn't. Okay, maybe "you suck" is too strong I admit, but still it's as if the average Mavs fan still looks at us no matter what the accomplishment and says "The only reason you won a championship is because you didn't play us"...that's just laughable to me. It is. Now do you pose the MOST formidable threat to dethrone us? Yes, I've been on record quite a few times stating that opinion. But to say we tremble in fear at the very idea of playing you in anticipation of a loss is just asinine.

Findog
07-01-2007, 02:35 PM
YOU'RE "SAN ANTONIO'S KRYPTONITE?!?!?!?

Hmm, we've won 8 out of the last 12, the last playoff series. Yeah, we can't hang with the Spurs.

Look, the fact is that we didn't play you this year to shut your fat yaps.

And I'm just posting in response to SpursDynasty, the most retarded of Spurs fans, disowned by his fellow Spurs partisans.

You weren't good enough to get past a team that MORE OBVIOUSLY is your kryptonite"

Duh, did I dispute GS beat Dallas? SD disputed that the Mavs can beat the Spurs. Obviously, this isn't true. Mavs fans know better than to get into a dick-swinging contest over who has the bigger trophy case.

(fags use metaphors, so I can't believe I did).

And pussies use anti-gay slurs. Hey, I love cooch and I got the girlfriend to prove it, but what is wrong with being gay? Are you 12 years old?

You couldn't cut it. You lost.

Duh, tell me something I don't know.

BUT...even if your theory is correct (which it isn't).

So the Mavs didn't beat the Spurs in the playoffs?

Then our kryptonite=a 67 win team and a team who has averaged over 58 wins this centure. YOUR "KRYPTONITE"? A team who has averaged about 32 wins in the same period....

So you're telling me that a core of Davis, Richardson, Harrington, Jackson, Biedrins, Ellis, Pietrus would win 32 games? Davis and Richardson missed a combined 50 games due to injury, Jax and Al came aboard in February. A full season together and they go 32-50? Is that what you're claiming?

Smallball teams like Phoenix and Golden State give us trouble. We give San Antonio trouble. If you can't face that reality, then sorry, you're hopeless.

Findog
07-01-2007, 02:37 PM
And I would never deny that, I really wouldn't. Okay, maybe "you suck" is too strong I admit, but still it's as if the average Mavs fan still looks at us no matter what the accomplishment and says "The only reason you won a championship is because you didn't play us"...that's just laughable to me. It is. Now do you pose the MOST formidable threat to dethrone us? Yes, I've been on record quite a few times stating that opinion. But to say we tremble in fear at the very idea of playing you in anticipation of a loss is just asinine.

No one's laughing at you, this whole thing started with SpursDynasty's typical diarrhea. I'm just giving it back to him in the hopes he'll go away. I didn't say the only reason the Spurs won this year was because we got knocked out, in fact, I've gone on record as stating that I think the Spurs would've beaten us this time around because we weren't playing our best ball in April. When both teams are at their peak, then yes, we are the most formidable threat to the Spurs. When I converse with others Spurs fans, I tend to be respectful. When I post in response to SD, I'm purposely a dick.

Switchman
07-01-2007, 07:54 PM

hahaha

Johnny RIngo
07-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Mavs have become the punching bag of the playoffs. Losing 8 of their last 10 playoff games proves they have no mental toughness. Still, Phoenix S0ns are one big implosion waiting to happen so I'll stick with them.

BUMP
07-01-2007, 08:06 PM
the Mavs don't want any part of the Suns.

i would much rather play the Suns than the Spurs.

spursreport
07-01-2007, 08:08 PM
actually, the Mavs would love to play the Suns as well, IMO. probably more so than they would love to play the Spurs. the spurs play playoff, championship basketball. the suns do not.

The Mavs would love to play an injured Suns team. If the Mavs couldn't beat a run and gun team like the Warriors with no inside game, they cant beat a healthy Suns team who have an inside presence and run that style better.

mavs>spurs2
07-01-2007, 08:14 PM
The Mavs would love to play an injured Suns team. If the Mavs couldn't beat a run and gun team like the Warriors with no inside game, they cant beat a healthy Suns team who have an inside presence and run that style better.

It wasn't the running and gunning that killed us, it was the size and athleticism Golden State had in the backcourt. Baron Davis and Jrich>Nash and Bell in terms of size and athletic ability. Terry and Harris just weren't physically strong enough to deal with Davis.

spursreport
07-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Fixed.

Yep a mentally fragile jump shooting team who hasn't won a championship, lacks an inside game, and are soft pussies who cant hack it when teams physically bitch slap them around is a team the Spurs dont want to face. :rolleyes

td4mvp21
07-01-2007, 08:22 PM

I actually did forget about that, considering it meant nothing.

td4mvp21
07-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh, and :lmao at Mavs fans talking shit. We won the fucking championship, you lost in the first round. Get it?

Findog
07-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Yep a mentally fragile jump shooting team who hasn't won a championship, lacks an inside game, and are soft pussies who cant hack it when teams physically bitch slap them around is a team the Spurs dont want to face. :rolleyes

If any of that were true, you would've beaten us last year. Try again.

spursreport
07-01-2007, 08:28 PM
If any of that were true, you would've beaten us last year. Try again.

Compared to now, you are a much weaker team in terms of mental toughness. Spurs went small ball and sadly gave the Mavs way too much respect. Small ball prevented us from giving them hard fouls as well. Miami and Golden State didn't respect the Mavs by any means other than they were a team they had to face but they didn't change their game. They taunted and punked the Mavs around with a cockiness and arrogance that intimidated the Mavs causing them to run scared.

Findog
07-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Compared to now, you are a much weaker team in terms of mental toughness.

Whatever you say, Dr. Phil.

Spurs went small ball and sadly gave the Mavs way too much respect.

Because they have to. Dirk and Howard together creates mismatches. Duncan can't guard Howard and he can't guard Dirk. There's only one Bowen to go around. We couldn't play big ball against Golden State bc Dampier tore his rotator cuff. Part of beating smallball is controlling the battle of the boards. Dampier isn't a high-impact player but his presence in the middle frees up Dirk to take on other tasks besides guarding opposing bigs and thus getting into foul trouble. He's not an All-Star by any means, but he's a big part of what we do. People want to castigate letting Nash go and filling his cap hold with Dampier, but being strong on the interior with Damp has allowed to do two things we could never do with Nash: beat San Antonio and make the Finals.

Miami and Golden State didn't respect the Mavs by any means other than they were a team they had to face but they didn't change their game. They taunted and punked the Mavs around with a cockiness and arrogance that intimidated the Mavs causing them to run scared

Mavs had nobody to guard Wade. As for Golden State:

Richardson: 6'6, 225 lbs
Davis: 6'3, 215 lbs

JET: 6'2, 180 lbs
Devin: 6'3, 185 lbs

Mavs need to address perimeter defense if they want to win a title. Popovich, Riley and Nelson don't share your opinion, nor does anybody else that has a clue about baskeball. Try again, and save the psychoanalysis for another topic, it's really embarassing for you.

spursreport
07-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Whatever you say, Dr. Phil.

Because they have to. Dirk and Howard together creates mismatches. Duncan can't guard Howard and he can't guard Dirk. There's only one Bowen to go around. We couldn't play big ball against Golden State bc Dampier tore his rotator cuff. Part of beating smallball is controlling the battle of the boards. Dampier isn't a high-impact player but his presence in the middle frees up Dirk to take on other tasks besides guarding opposing bigs and thus getting into foul trouble. He's not an All-Star by any means, but he's a big part of what we do. People want to castigate letting Nash go and filling his cap hold with Dampier, but being strong on the interior with Damp has allowed to do two things we could never do with Nash: beat San Antonio and make the Finals.

Mavs had nobody to guard Wade. As for Golden State:

Richardson: 6'6, 225 lbs
Davis: 6'3, 215 lbs

JET: 6'2, 180 lbs
Devin: 6'3, 185 lbs

Mavs need to address perimeter defense if they want to win a title. Popovich, Riley and Nelson don't share your opinion, nor does anybody else that has a clue about baskeball. Try again, and save the psychoanalysis for another topic, it's really embarassing for you.

Perimeter defense will only get you so far. I just look at the playoff games when the Mavs especially your "superstar" Irk couldn't hack it when the 2 teams that beat you got physical. You lack toughness, an inside game along with a true superstar type of leader. Last years Finals collapse was and still is a demon the Mavs fear and can't overcome. This years ass kicking from the Warriors (which set some new NBA records) added more to their already weak mental woes. Get physical with the Mavs and they become a jump shooting no hearted team that folds.

Findog
07-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Perimeter defense will only get you so far.

Yeah, a playoff exit if you don't address it. It's a fatal flaw for us.

I just look at the playoff games when the Mavs especially your "superstar" Irk couldn't hack it when the 2 teams that beat you got physical.

When the Mavs put Dampier, Howard and Dirk out on the floor together against the Spurs, Dirk is not a defensive liability. Dampier/Diop guards Duncan, and you have nobody to guard either Howard or Dirk, depending on who Bowen guards. Against Golden State, without Dampier, Nellie put Davis and four 6'7 wings out on the floor. There was nobody for Dirk to guard and they turned him into a defensive liability. Dirk is no Bill Russell, that's why we signed Dampier. This isn't hard to understand, it's basic X's and O's.

You lack toughness

You need toughness to beat a team like the Spurs

Last years Finals collapse was and still is a demon the Mavs fear and can't overcome.

Last year's finals loss was due to not having an answer for Dwyane Wade. "Fear," "Demon," "still," tell us more, Nostradamus. Dirk is 29, Howard is 26, Devin is 25, Diop is 23. Final chapter on Dirk's Mavs haven't been written. Good thing I can stop paying attention to the NBA since I have Kreskin here to tell me how the next 6-7 years for my team are gonna go. It amuses me and reminds me of the Mavs fans that were foolish enough to write off the Spurs as "too old," etc. after last year. I'm enjoying reading the premature obituaries for the Mavericks.

This years ass kicking from the Warriors (which set some new NBA records) added more to their already weak mental woes.

What records did it set? Biggest w-l disparity between two teams? Sure. Biggest disparity in talent, considering the Warriors got a major talent infusion with Jax and Al, along with Richardson and Davis missing a combined 50 games due to injury? Not even close. A minor upset, not a major one.

Get physical with the Mavs and they become a jump shooting no hearted team that folds

Get a premier penetrating guard that can create for himself and get to the rim and the Mavs are in trouble.

lack...an inside game

Does this look like a jump shot to you?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1278/567468012_cf82e9bc6b.jpg

Honestly, I come here to talk basketball and X's and O's. If you have something to add to the conversation, please by all means, stop holding back. If you want to discuss your abilities to discuss mental pathologies due to extra-sensory perception, as you seem to be claiming is a skill you possess due to your diagnosis of the Mavericks, perhaps your talents can be used for fields more important than the NBA.

Ken Loomis
07-01-2007, 10:10 PM
lol

spursreport
07-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Yeah, a playoff exit if you don't address it. It's a fatal flaw for us.

When the Mavs put Dampier, Howard and Dirk out on the floor together against the Spurs, Dirk is not a defensive liability. Dampier/Diop guards Duncan, and you have nobody to guard either Howard or Dirk, depending on who Bowen guards. Against Golden State, without Dampier, Nellie put Davis and four 6'7 wings out on the floor. There was nobody for Dirk to guard and they turned him into a defensive liability. Dirk is no Bill Russell, that's why we signed Dampier. This isn't hard to understand, it's basic X's and O's.

You need toughness to beat a team like the Spurs

Last year's finals loss was due to not having an answer for Dwyane Wade. "Fear," "Demon," "still," tell us more, Nostradamus. Dirk is 29, Howard is 26, Devin is 25, Diop is 23. Final chapter on Dirk's Mavs haven't been written. Good thing I can stop paying attention to the NBA since I have Kreskin here to tell me how the next 6-7 years for my team are gonna go. It amuses me and reminds me of the Mavs fans that were foolish enough to write off the Spurs as "too old," etc. after last year. I'm enjoying reading the premature obituaries for the Mavericks.

What records did it set? Biggest w-l disparity between two teams? Sure. Biggest disparity in talent, considering the Warriors got a major talent infusion with Jax and Al, along with Richardson and Davis missing a combined 50 games due to injury? Not even close. A minor upset, not a major one.

Get a premier penetrating guard that can create for himself and get to the rim and the Mavs are in trouble.

Does this look like a jump shot to you?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1278/567468012_cf82e9bc6b.jpg

Honestly, I come here to talk basketball and X's and O's. If you have something to add to the conversation, please by all means, stop holding back. If you want to discuss your abilities to discuss mental pathologies due to extra-sensory perception, as you seem to be claiming is a skill you possess due to your diagnosis of the Mavericks, perhaps your talents can be used for fields more important than the NBA.

I guess you dont watch the rounds when teams get physical with Dallas and they dont respond well to it. The Mavs were a better mentally prepared team that round against the Spurs (which isnt saying much) compared to where they are now. They have been exposed and 1 wingman who can drive to the hoop wont change how to make Irk Noheartski or Josh Webber jr rattle. Get physical with Dallas and they become a jumpshooting team who is scared shitless of getting their asses put to the hardwood. That is how you contain their offense and that type of punishment wears them down mentally and physically. Keep lying to yourself by using the 2006 semis as your coping strategy. Irk had his big chance to finally step up and prove he was the leader and couldnt do it. His confidence in postseason play is certainly rattled. He is scared to be the man and it has been proven over and over and over again.

Findog
07-02-2007, 12:45 AM
I guess you dont watch the rounds when teams get physical with Dallas and they dont respond well to it. The Mavs were a better mentally prepared team that round against the Spurs (which isnt saying much) compared to where they are now. They have been exposed and 1 wingman who can drive to the hoop wont change how to make Irk Noheartski or Josh Webber jr rattle. Get physical with Dallas and they become a jumpshooting team who is scared shitless of getting their asses put to the hardwood. That is how you contain their offense and that type of punishment wears them down mentally and physically. Keep lying to yourself by using the 2006 semis as your coping strategy. Irk had his big chance to finally step up and prove he was the leader and couldnt do it. His confidence in postseason play is certainly rattled. He is scared to be the man and it has been proven over and over and over again.

Well, I guess that settles it, Cuban should sell the team or trade off Dirk, Howard and the rest of the core and start over. I suspect this is what Spurs fans really want deep down. Mavs are 4-0 in Game Sevens with Dirk, they've been to the Finals, they've beaten the reigning champs. We're a lot closer to a title than we are to the lottery. "Scared shitless," "No heart," these are not terms that describe my team. "Inconsistent," "Erratic," yes, but these guys have tons of heart and buy into a team concept. That's all you can ask for.

Worry about your own team and I'll worry about mine. I wasn't here last year when the Mavs beat the Spurs and the hordes of obnoxious Mavs fans came flooding into SpursTalk to talk a bunch of third-grade smack, so I'll have to take the oldtimer's word for it. But there's a lot of it that flows both ways, even when all some of us wanna do is talk hoops. Considering how much bigger the Spurs' trophy case is, the level of venom towards Mavsfan, even given the rivalry, astounds me. I'm guessing it's a San Antonio-Dallas thing, not a Spurs-Mavs thing.

Xylus
07-02-2007, 01:27 AM
I think people--generally Spurs fans--grossly underestimate the Mavericks after their 1st-round loss. Last year was a fluke, and they'll be right back into the thick of things with Phoenix and San Antonio next year.

Findog
07-02-2007, 05:52 AM
I think people--generally Spurs fans--grossly underestimate the Mavericks after their 1st-round loss. Last year was a fluke, and they'll be right back into the thick of things with Phoenix and San Antonio next year.

Which is ironic, since they of all people should give Dallas some respect. If Warrior fans want to take the Mavs lightly, they can do that after the playoff series and the last two years of results between the two teams.

All of the talk about the Mavs being soft and whatnot and how they're "permanently broken" and need to be broken up refers to a desire to see the Spurs' main nemesis disbanded. Oh yeah, I'm sure Spurs fan would love to see that. Mark Cuban will be sure to enter that briar patch.

BUMP
07-02-2007, 05:12 PM

no. its too much. Mavs have no resiliency whatsoever and are doomed for years because of that series. they will never recover and will never win a championship. i mean you cant regroup after a first round loss. its impossible. they will be forever mentally dismantled.

dallaskd
07-02-2007, 05:13 PM
i would much rather play the Suns than the Spurs.

no

Findog
07-02-2007, 07:53 PM
no. its too much. Mavs have no resiliency whatsoever and are doomed for years because of that series. they will never recover and will never win a championship. i mean you cant regroup after a first round loss. its impossible. they will be forever mentally dismantled.

Yes, if there's one thing Cuban should do, it's listen to the folks at SpursTalk on what to do with his team. Their interest in this is naturally only to strengthen the Mavs for the purpose of strengthening the rivalry, and couldn't possibly be a desire to see the only team that can hang with the Spurs dismantled. I mean, it's a known fact that Spurs fans have extra-sensory perception and are all licensed mental health practitioners.

SpursDynasty
07-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Conclusion: So Dirk got the lucky roll in Game 7 last year. Proved to be a fluke, as the Mavs have only gone 8-10 in the playoffs since the "old and unathletic" Spurs "passed the torch" to them. Meanwhile, since the Game 7 loss, the Spurs have gone 16-4. And the championship.

Sorry, but a Dallas team who only went 8-10 since beating SA, shouldn't have its fans running their mouths. Dallas winning the championship is not going to happen, sorry. They look good on paper though. 67 wins :lol

Findog
07-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Conclusion: So Dirk got the lucky roll in Game 7 last year. Proved to be a fluke, as the Mavs have only gone 8-10 in the playoffs since the "old and unathletic" Spurs "passed the torch" to them. Meanwhile, since the Game 7 loss, the Spurs have gone 16-4. And the championship.

Sorry, but a Dallas team who only went 8-10 since beating SA, shouldn't have its fans running their mouths. Dallas winning the championship is not going to happen, sorry. They look good on paper though. 67 wins :lol

Fuckin' A SpursDynasty. What you said.

Comedy Gold. Comedy Gold.

HJNTX
07-04-2007, 01:52 PM
The only part I agree on is that GS over Dallas actually was a huge upset.
....and it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Just to see Cuban crying was worth it ... :lol

Switchman
07-04-2007, 03:17 PM
God that was an awesome series.

I could have watched 100 of those games and never gotten bored.

LEONARD
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Spurs