PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Beno?

Twisted_Dawg
06-30-2007, 09:24 PM
What happened to Beno Udrih to have fallen into that deep blackhole known as Pop's doghouse that no man has ever escaped from? What happened to that young promising player picked as a first rounder after solid play in the Euroleague? That young player that was voted Rookie of the Month in his rookie year? Was he chronically late to practice? Fall asleep in film sessions? Forgetful? Dimwitted, halfwitted, nitwitted? Was it his man purse that turned Pop against him? Anyody have the anwser?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-30-2007, 09:28 PM
http://www.degeneratepress.com/travel/texas_2001/images/breakfast_tacos.jpg

FromWayDowntown
06-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Games 3 and 4, 2005 NBA Finals.

Twisted_Dawg
06-30-2007, 09:38 PM
What...he ate some tacos and got trapped by Detroit?

timvp
06-30-2007, 09:42 PM
His love of breakfast tacos and Latinas was supposedly his downfall.

jag
06-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Games 3 and 4, 2005 NBA Finals.

Exactly, that was his time to shine...and he fucked himself. He couldnt even get the ball past half-court.

Damn i wish he would have worked out. :bang

jag
06-30-2007, 09:44 PM

Explain the breakfast tacos, i dont get the scoop here in TN.

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Exactly, that was his time to shine...and he fucked himself. He couldnt even get the ball past half-court.

Damn i wish he would have worked out. :bang
In his defense, he was only a rookie. His sophmore year was where he really got screwed by Pop's decision to play Brick Van Exel instead of Beno...and Pop acknowledges it.

However, when he has played this year, except for the 19 point comeback versus Houston, he has pretty much sucked.

exstatic
06-30-2007, 09:51 PM
When he got here, he was a great shooter and passer, but has never been a great ball handler. Unfortunately, the first two skills appear to have deserted him now.

jag
06-30-2007, 09:53 PM
When he got here, he was a great shooter and passer, but has never been a great ball handler. Unfortunately, the first two skills appear to have deserted him now.

tacos?

HOEmada
06-30-2007, 09:54 PM
can we randomly just have numerous pictures of breakfast tacos on this thread?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-30-2007, 09:56 PM
god damnit blaze i just ate and your post made me hungry again

If taquitos and latinas are a cause for downfall then i couldn't possibly think of a better way to go out.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-30-2007, 09:58 PM
If taquitos and latinas are a cause for downfall then i couldn't possibly think of a better way to go out.

Exactly.

But Beno still sucks.

jag
06-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Ok...what the fuck is up with beno and TACOS??????????

L.I.T
06-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Someone stole his lucky purse.

Kermit
06-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Ok...what the fuck is up with beno and TACOS??????????
they taste good.

exstatic
06-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Beno put on lots of weight since he got here, and breakfast tacos are the supposed culprit.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-30-2007, 10:19 PM
they taste good.

So do Latinas.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Zing!

Kermit
06-30-2007, 10:36 PM
just a question...do you take your latinas with chorizo or bacon?

Beno Udrih
06-30-2007, 10:38 PM
What happened to me?

Beno Udrih
06-30-2007, 10:40 PM
What happened to me?
ploto... :depressed

kev
06-30-2007, 10:41 PM

I take mine with sausage.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-30-2007, 10:41 PM

That to me or Beno?

Because right now, I just can't handle anything getting into the eggs.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Okay, even I'm a little shocked at my last statement.

Kermit
06-30-2007, 10:43 PM
That to me or Beno?

:lol

caŽlo
06-30-2007, 11:32 PM
aside from the 04-05 finals when he couldnt bring the ball up.

this season. when he got the ball stuck between the rim and the backboard.. during junk minutes. that was it for him.

timvp
06-30-2007, 11:36 PM
The sad thing is that Beno is so highly skilled. He just has no motivation to succeed.

He's already retired at this point, the Spurs are just stuck with his contract.

Money316
06-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Doesn't matter -- It's all good.

T Park
07-01-2007, 01:06 AM
The sad thing is that Beno is so highly skilled. He just has no motivation to succeed.

Thats the shame, and story, of beno udrih right there.

Slomo
07-01-2007, 03:42 AM
His love of breakfast tacos and Latinas was supposedly his downfall.This is the first post in a long time that has triggered any kind of sympathy for Beno in me.

Those are powers of nature...

anakha
07-01-2007, 08:16 AM
That to me or Beno?

:wow

Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe we have our line for the day...

HJNTX
07-01-2007, 08:30 AM
can we randomly just have numerous pictures of breakfast tacos on this thread?
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ..and some GOOD Barbacoa please ...

mookie2001
07-01-2007, 08:40 AM
it was before the 05 finals

against seattle in the playoffs

he let luke ridnour, do the same fucking move, shoot from the same spot, wide fucking open and swish like 6 jumpers in 5 minutes

that was the end of his career

ploto
07-01-2007, 08:56 AM
ploto... :depressed
But I'm not a Latina...

mullet
07-01-2007, 09:38 AM
But I'm not a Latina...

unfortunately

IceColdBrewski
07-01-2007, 11:38 AM
It's always gonna be my opinion that Popovich ruined Beno with his constant ass-chewing every time Beno made the slightest mistake. Some players respond well to that kind of coaching, but others don't. Pop takes an in-your-face approach to young players who make mistakes. Just ask Tony Parker. I think Beno took a "to hell with you then" attitude after one too many ass chewings. Popovich is a good coach, but I think he needs to realize that not every young player is gonna respond positively to his military style approach.

angel_luv
07-01-2007, 12:31 PM

This is the first post in a long time that has triggered any kind of sympathy for Beno in me.

Those are powers of nature...

:lol :lol

ObiwanGinobili
07-01-2007, 01:16 PM
breakfast tacos will do ya...... shit I had some barbacoa and some bean and bacon this monrning. I still ain;t right. I need another nap.

anakha
07-01-2007, 03:11 PM
It's always gonna be my opinion that Popovich ruined Beno with his constant ass-chewing every time Beno made the slightest mistake. Some players respond well to that kind of coaching, but others don't. Pop takes an in-your-face approach to young players who make mistakes. Just ask Tony Parker. I think Beno took a "to hell with you then" attitude after one too many ass chewings. Popovich is a good coach, but I think he needs to realize that not every young player is gonna respond positively to his military style approach.

Very good point, but that 'military-style approach' seems to be what has made Pop so effective with this team. What other Spurs have praised about Pop is that he approaches everyone the same way, whether it be Tim or an inactive reserve - he won't hesitate to ream out anyone who messes up. Abandoning that approach because one player may not respond to it well would damage that sense of fairness you would get playing under Pop.

I think this is also why the franchise has been so selective about getting rookies and young free agents on the team - it seems to be easier to find players who can buy ino Pop's system and coaching style rather than finding another coach who can effectively and consistently get his message across to the entire team. There is a reason Pop and Sloan have stayed as long as they have.

Brutalis
07-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Obviously the Detroit 05' Finals made him look so bad. The Pistons defense was just that good against some young nobody. He is very inconsistent since. The reasons are obvious.

midgetonadonkey
07-01-2007, 03:16 PM
His love for his myspace page was also his downfall.

midgetonadonkey
07-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Fuck Beno.

midgetonadonkey
07-01-2007, 03:17 PM
It's personal between the two of us.

midgetonadonkey
He implied that I was overweight and couldn't run down a basketball court once. That bastard.

midgetonadonkey
As true is that statement was, it hurt.

T Park
07-01-2007, 03:18 PM
It's always gonna be my opinion that Popovich ruined Beno with his constant ass-chewing every time Beno made the slightest mistake. Some players respond well to that kind of coaching, but others don't. Pop takes an in-your-face approach to young players who make mistakes. Just ask Tony Parker. I think Beno took a "to hell with you then" attitude after one too many ass chewings. Popovich is a good coach, but I think he needs to realize that not every young player is gonna respond positively to his military style approach

bull

fucking

shit.

midgetonadonkey
07-01-2007, 03:22 PM

If that's the case, the Spurs don't need a pussy like that on their team. Tim is the superstar on the team and still gets that shit from Pop. Why should he treat a fucking scrub like Beno better than that?

timvp
07-01-2007, 03:26 PM
:lmao

You must be watching a different Spurs team. Pop has been as nice and understanding to Beno has humanly possible. He has yelled at him over his career about 1/100th the amount he yelled at Parker in Parker first couple seasons. Pop has given Beno every chance in the world to succeed.

As he, Buford and other coaches have said, they've tried everything with Beno. They've tried yelling. They've tried ignoring him. But mostly, they've tried babying him ... and nothing has worked.

Beno didn't get fat and lazy due to bad coaching. He just doesn't have the drive to be great. That was the knock on him coming to the United States as it turned out to be true. Beno peaked at age 16. Since then, it's been a constant struggle to get him to care about basketball.

He got himself in shape enough to get drafted and enjoy a good first half of his rookie season. However, at that point, Beno went back to being the Beno that Europe knew. He got fat, lazy and stopped working.

Coaching has nothing to do with that.

picnroll
07-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Maybe Beno will get himself in shape for a contract drive year. Naahhhh.

Bruno
07-01-2007, 03:40 PM
At the start of the season, I've said that Beno deserved to has a fair chance to prove what he was worth.
Pop has given him this chance and has even been very patient with him but Beno has failed.
The Beno faillure is on Beno, no one else.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Because this thread is on Page 2.

http://www.nyceats.net/eats/images/bfasttacos.jpg

T Park
07-01-2007, 04:09 PM
sniff sniff

Pop was too hard on beno

goood lordd :pctoss :rolleyes

ploto
07-01-2007, 04:55 PM
He got himself in shape enough to get drafted and enjoy a good first half of his rookie season. However, at that point, Beno went back to being the Beno that Europe knew. He got fat, lazy and stopped working.

I have to disagree with that one part. When Beno was in Slovenia he was known for playing too much basketball. He played on two teams at once and over did it at times.

Russ
07-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Like many Euro players, Beno was a fully formed player at a young age when he got to the Spurs. He was not gonna get better. It's nothing Beno did, the Spurs just had unrealistic expectations. They got what they bargained for - a serviceable backup point guard who wouldn't complain about playing behind TP for 10 years. It wasn't Beno's fault.

Kori Ellis
07-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Like many Euro players, Beno was a fully formed player at a young age when he got to the Spurs. He was not gonna get better. It's nothing Beno did, the Spurs just had unrealistic expectations. They got what they bargained for - a serviceable backup point guard who wouldn't complain about playing behind TP for 10 years. It wasn't Beno's fault.

I completely disagree.

It was his fault that it took him over 2 years before he realized that he needed to work on his game. (He said it in an interview)

It was his fault that he got out of basketball shape.

The Red Hood
07-01-2007, 05:33 PM
As he, Buford and other coaches have said, they've tried everything with Beno. They've tried yelling. They've tried ignoring him. But mostly, they've tried babying him ... and nothing has worked.

Really they said that?

Russ
07-01-2007, 05:40 PM
It was his fault that it took him over 2 years before he realized that he needed to work on his game. (He said it in an interview)

Probably just making an excuse to protect his ego and give some hope of improvement. I don't see Beno as lazy -- he wanted to contribute.

Kori Ellis
07-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Probably just making an excuse to protect his ego and give some hope of improvement. I don't see Beno as lazy -- he wanted to contribute.

You must be watching another player. He has said on several occasions that he didn't realize that he'd have to work to improve his game in the NBA.

He's incredibly out of shape most of the time. He reportedly doesn't work hard in practice and spends more time at night clubs than in the gym.

timvp
07-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I have to disagree with that one part. When Beno was in Slovenia he was known for playing too much basketball. He played on two teams at once and over did it at times.

When was the last time Beno played in Slovenia? That was back when he was young and still cared about basketball.

Once he started traveling around, he started getting "injured" more and more and got out of shape.

You love to call Jackie Butler lazy, fat and dumb or whatever but if you want to see someone who that really fits ... it's Beno.

The Red Hood
07-01-2007, 05:47 PM
You must be watching another player. He has said on several occasions that he didn't realize that he'd have to work to improve his game in the NBA.

He's incredibly out of shape most of the time. He reportedly doesn't work hard in practice and spends more time at night clubs than in the gym.

Really I always wondered what was happening with Beno I would hear about him being in Pop's Dog house but never knew why

ShoogarBear
07-01-2007, 05:48 PM
I take mine with sausage.Pretty good for your only post.

timvp
07-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't see Beno as lazy

I wish Beno was just bad but he isn't. He's lazy to the point that I don't think it's correctable. He's notorious for being the last one to practice and the first one to leave.

When the Spurs told him to put in overtime on his shot last year, he said like "I've never had to work on my shot, I don't know why I have to start now".

ShoogarBear
07-01-2007, 05:51 PM
:lmao @ how people bend over backwards to find excuses for friggin' Beno.

mowgli
07-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Beno has no more confidence in himself as a player. At this point in time, it would be best for his career, and the Spurs, to part ways with the organization. You know, a change of scenery and whatnot.

timvp
07-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Beno got himself in the best shape of his life to fool a team into drafting him. Perhaps he will try to get into shape this summer to fool a team into giving him a contract next summer.

I don't think the talent gap is that wide between Parker and Beno. Parker just wants it like 50,000 times more than Beno does.

picnroll
07-01-2007, 06:02 PM
I guess Beno is skipping his National team play to get in work since he's on a contract year. Best of all worlds Beno actually plays well this year to get that contract, the Spurs then get a S&T deal out on him next summer.

Kori Ellis
07-01-2007, 06:12 PM
if i was pops, i'd tell beno he's backup pg this next year
and then see what kind of shape beno comes into camp in

then
it will be

beno time.

Isn't that what he told him this past summer?

The Spurs intended JV to be the third string PG.

Beno is the one who got him promoted.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Maybe Pop should tell him he's the starter.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Maybe Pop should tell him he's the starter.

Then maybe Pop could shoot himself in the head.

ShoogarBear
07-01-2007, 06:46 PM
With a starter's pistol.

timvp
07-01-2007, 06:59 PM
With a starter's pistol.

Or a pop gun.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2007, 07:04 PM

ShoogarBear
07-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Or a pop gun.:madrun

timvp
07-01-2007, 07:32 PM
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/BertLars/benoud~1.jpg
Beno was once a 16-year-old superstar

http://www.pinnaclehoops.com/images/articles/article_53.jpg
Beno then bounced around Europe due to uninspired play

http://www.pinnaclehoops.com/images/articles/article_55.jpg
Beno worked hard one summer, got in shape and got drafted

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/tymarion/lbt.jpg
Beno then found the San Antonio nightlife

http://community.woai.com/photos/spurs2006mediaday/images/924615/original.aspx
Beno ate the San Antonio nightlife

To be continued . . .

T Park
07-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Whats really a shame?

Its been said thousands of times by the coaches, by Sean Elliott.

"Beno Udrih is the purest shooter on this team. Better than Finley, better than Barry."

He just doesn't give a shit about the team, nor the game.

It makes me SICK, to see how many friggen people want to just say "well its not ALL Beno's fault"

ploto
07-01-2007, 11:28 PM
You love to call Jackie Butler lazy, fat and dumb or whatever but if you want to see someone who that really fits ... it's Beno.
Beno's not dumb, but I have said before- I think he did not have to work hard at basketball when he was young, like it came too easy for him. I really think that he could be the best passer and the best shooter on the team. It all just saddens me to see that talent wasted. I keep hoping for the day I get to see him realize his potential. :wakeup

expander
07-02-2007, 01:03 AM
He is about to turn 27, he enjoys the nightlife. He drops $1500 on a Wednesday night, no biggie! Party all the time, Party all the time... :toast

ancestron
07-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Beno is too nice. get some tattoos or something, put on a headband and maybe lay into the occasional ref. if he could generate a little fear in the competition maybe he wouldn't be such a turnover machine.
Im sure the whole city of San Antonio would simultaneously erupt in laughter at the site of a tattooed Beno though.

ArgSpursFan
07-02-2007, 09:36 AM
He sould stop going to the gays bars in S.A and work harder.

Kori Ellis
07-02-2007, 09:38 AM
He is about to turn 27, he enjoys the nightlife. He drops $1500 on a Wednesday night, no biggie! Party all the time, Party all the time... :toast

He's about to turn 25 and it's okay to party if you can stay in basketball shape.

timvp
07-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Beno's not dumb, but I have said before- I think he did not have to work hard at basketball when he was young, like it came too easy for him. I really think that he could be the best passer and the best shooter on the team. It all just saddens me to see that talent wasted. I keep hoping for the day I get to see him realize his potential. :wakeup
Anyone with Beno's natural skill who doesn't work hard to at least stay in shape is dumb.

K-State Spur
07-02-2007, 11:14 AM

That may be true, but if you can't handle Pop's style, then it's also quite likely that you can't handle Lindsey Hunter's defensive pressure with rabid Detroit fans yelling for you to fail.

angel_luv
07-02-2007, 11:18 AM
As true is that statement was, it hurt.

:lmao @your rant

Best laugh of the day so far. :lol

Slomo
07-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Anyone with Beno's natural skill *who doesn't work hard to at least stay in shape is dumb.*and was drafted by a championship team in the NBA

I could forgive and defend a lot of his actions (partying and other stuff) but not that one. It's the best summary of why he is where he is. I don't know how much Pop is angry at him, but I would imagine that that fact alone would make him even madder.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-02-2007, 12:28 PM
http://www.tacovillaonline.com/_img/bcm5.jpg

Useruser666
07-02-2007, 01:14 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/tymarion/lbt.jpg

I hope those aren't his "Latinas".

ShoogarBear
07-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Did Beno really call midge fat?

angel_luv
07-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Did Beno really call midge fat?

You missed that part of the last quattro thread!

Let me see if I can find the link.

angel_luv
07-02-2007, 02:25 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61885&page=144&pp=26

Page 144 :angel
Starts with post 3724

ploto
07-02-2007, 02:55 PM
That's funny- but obviously not Beno writing it. :lol

angel_luv
07-02-2007, 03:03 PM

Why do you think it is not Beno?

I think it is him because
1) Beno does have a my space. He confirmed that to me in person.
2) On his friends list is Uros Slokar ( the same one I am friends with) which I doubt would be the case if that Beno were a fraud.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Why do you think it is not Beno?

Because ploto is the one who runs Beno's MySpace.

She also runs Rasho's Facebook and Samo's Friendster.

Kori Ellis
07-02-2007, 03:23 PM
That's his MySpace. So unless he's having someone else log in and post there, it's him.

T Park
07-02-2007, 03:59 PM
She also runs Rasho's Facebook and Samo's Friendster

and Bostjan's eharmony

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2007, 04:01 PM

ploto
07-02-2007, 06:42 PM
That's his MySpace. So unless he's having someone else log in and post there, it's him.
It's his myspace, but I don't think that's him writing that.

T Park
07-02-2007, 06:44 PM
OF COURSE NOT!!!!:lol

Its prob a mole in the Spurs organization trying to make Beno look bad :lol

ashbeeigh
07-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Happy Birthday Beno, everyone hates you.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2007, 07:17 PM

ploto
07-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Its prob a mole in the Spurs organization trying to make Beno look bad :lol
No, it's because Beno wouldn't care enough to even respond.