PDA

View Full Version : Andris Biedrins the Hold-up For a KG-To-Warriors Trade?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2007, 01:51 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46836/20070701/biedrins_the_hold_up_in_kg_trade/

Can someone post the article?

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-01-2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46836/20070701/biedrins_the_hold_up_in_kg_trade/

Can someone post the article?

The two grafs on RealGM is all there is to that article, apparently.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-heisler1jul01,1,5110703.column?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=2&cset=true

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Garnett, sought by the Lakers and Phoenix Suns in multi-team talks that broke down this week, may still be traded ... with speculation now centering on the Golden State Warriors.

Whether it was part of a deal the Warriors are working on with Minnesota or not, they traded guard Jason Richardson to Charlotte for North Carolina's Brandan Wright, a promising young big man whom the Bobcats drafted at No. 8.

The Warriors may now offer Wright with center Andris Biedrins and guard Monta Ellis and enough salary to make the deal work to Minnesota for Garnett.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-01-2007, 02:03 PM
I do that deal if I'm Minny.

Biedrins/Ellis/Wright for KG.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-01-2007, 02:19 PM

I'm pretty sure that Golden State is also including O'Bryant for that matter.

I don't think that KG would go to Golden State though. Without J-Rich, there entire team is practically B-Diddy and the Big Ticket. That doesn't seem like a legit championship contender to me.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-01-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that Golden State is also including O'Bryant for that matter.

I don't think that KG would go to Golden State though. Without J-Rich, there entire team is practically B-Diddy and the Big Ticket. That doesn't seem like a legit championship contender to me.

I agree, which is why I take that deal if I'm Minny.

Any contender won't give up that much talent until the trade deadline when they're ready to make a big move in the standings.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I agree, which is why I take that deal if I'm Minny.

Any contender won't give up that much talent until the trade deadline when they're ready to make a big move in the standings.

While Minny would do it in a heartbeat, Garnett has to sign off on any trade due to his opt out next year. That's really the only thing preventing him from being a Celtic this year, because an Al Jefferson + number five pick was the best offer Minny was going to get.

itzsoweezee
07-01-2007, 03:32 PM

wow, minnesota would be dumb to not do that trade and the warriors would be stupid to go through with it. the warriors are the type of organization to do something dumb like that.

picnroll
07-01-2007, 03:45 PM
If the Warriors can hold on to the trade exception and add a nice player with it they may have enought to contend.