PDA

View Full Version : Luc Richard Mbah a Moute!! Possible future Spur

yavozerb
07-02-2007, 01:19 PM
I know its early but just wanted to let everyone know, esp. those on west coast to keep an eye on this kid in 2008 cause he is truly our bowen replacement project!!

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Small Forward (Rank: #39) | 6-7, 215 | Age: 20
UCLA ()
Hometown: Yaounde, Cameroon
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Draft Projection: Second round to undrafted

Similarities:
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute can bring down the house with his athleticism.
(Lisa Blumenfeld/Getty Images)

Ron Artest.

Notes: Has only played basketball for six years. Is a prince in Cameroon.

Positives: Super long, athletic forward who does a little of everything. He crashes the glass, is a lock-down defender and has an emerging offensive game. Quickness and athleticism make him a great slasher and finisher. Great motor on both ends of the floor.

Negatives: Still learning the game. Not a great shooter. His form is OK, but he really doesn't have long range on his jumper. No real offensive moves in the post to speak of. Is mistake prone and streaky, but most scouts attribute that to his relative lack of experience.

Summary: His play during the NCAA Tournament as a freshman made him a top prospect. He has the energy and athleticism that every coach loves. But his disappointing play through his sophomore season hurt his stock. He'll need a big season for UCLA to get back past the first round.

Chad Ford

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Sounds intriguing. I'll definitely keep an eye on him. But what is his wingspan like? Hes not especially tall for our "Long 3".

yavozerb
07-02-2007, 01:53 PM
NBA Comparison: Luol Deng/Andre Iguodala

Strengths: Has the tools to become a big time player ... Extremely athletic and versatile wing ... Solid competitor ... Crashes the glass hard ... Has a 7-2 wingspan. Long arms help on defense and with rebounding ... Great attitude, plays very hard, listens and wants to improve ... Shot mechanics and fundamentals are good ... Solid free throw shooter at 75% ... Excellent on defense with great foot speed and the potential to become a lock down defender ... Has a great understanding for a player so new to the game ... In just his 5th year of organized basketball, so his upside is very intriguing ...

Weaknesses: Still getting his bearings after starting basketball late. Getting a feel for what he can do ... Must gain confidence and consistency ... Shows great flashes, but due to age and familiarity is not completely comfortable yet ... Must hone his offensive game, develop range ... His jumpshot still needs a lot of work ... Ball handling while it has improved can get a lot better ... Must cut down some on turnovers, but makes good decisions ...

Notes: Full name is Luc Richard Mbah a Moute ... A Prince in his native Cameroon ... Named Pac-Ten Freshman of the year ... Led the Bruins team in rebounding by a wide margin as a freshman.
nbadraft.net

AFBlue
07-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Despite his obvious strengths (athleticism, energy, defense, physical growth potential, etc.), he has alot to learn about being a basketball player.

I have been watching this kid for some time, and while I do think he'd be a great addition to this team, I'll hold out to see what he does at UCLA this season.

In 2008, the Spurs may need more than a project....

kyleo
07-02-2007, 01:56 PM
I've mentioned him before, but just in case...

Marcus Dove (http://draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=1084)

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 02:04 PM
I've mentioned him before, but just in case...

Marcus Dove (http://draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=1084)

I'm going to drive up to Stillwater a few times next season to watch this kid play. I'm curious.

iminlakerland
07-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Mbah a Moute is a good player at UCLA he played great last season for us, but his game really fell off this year. At times he can be inconsistent, I hope he stays in throughout the four years to just benefit his game. He has a lot of improving to do.

judaspriestess
07-02-2007, 02:38 PM
how is he a possible future Spur? can't he be a future with anyone?

michaelwcho
07-02-2007, 02:54 PM
It would be great to have a prince on our team (although I would rather have Tayshaun). Imagine if we had Timmy, one of the best PF of all time, Manu, a Mariano Rivera-like closer, Tiago Splitter,with the best name in all the NBA, Tony Longoria nee Parker, French Rapper-PG, and this guy, a Cameroonian prince....

and still be boring!

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 05:07 PM

Sure. But right now he has a 1/30 shot. If Portland can win the lottery with a 5% chance then surely this is possible as well.

yavozerb
07-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Key word in title was POSSIBLE meaning that the spurs along with everyother team has a chance at this guy if he comes out early next year..

spurscenter
07-02-2007, 05:23 PM
he needs a solid year at UCLA , this coming season. To me his not that amazing but Paul Davis good right now.

He plays at John wooden Center here and there to work out with Affalo and he is a cool dude.

Coach of the bruins ben howland, got mad at him for playing with us scrubs. lol

judaspriestess
07-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Key word in title was POSSIBLE meaning that the spurs along with everyother team has a chance at this guy if he comes out early next year..

gotcha! thats what I thought but I was making sure I didn't miss reading something about him prior.

StoneCutter
07-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Yavozerb

FYI. nbadraft.net has their projected draft for next year. Guess who they have the Spurs picking in the first round?