PDA

View Full Version : Fourth of July Celebrations

FearDaDuncaN_SA
07-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Just wondering if anyone can tell me which one would be better:

Woodlawn Lake Park

or

Lackland Air Force Base

I havent been to either one. And I have company coming over, with three kids in tow, and they want to do something for the Fourth of July!

FearDaDuncaN_SA
07-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Views and no replies?
Come on you guys!
I think ya'll could do better than that.

Please note: I've been living here, in San Antonio, for a little over two years. But, we always went out town for the Fourth of July. This is the first year my husband and I are staying put...

marini martini
07-02-2007, 02:48 PM
I have relatives comming in also, but don't want to drive into
S.A. Am thinking of Boerne, NewBraunfels or San Marcos. Small town shindigs, that's what I like! :toast

fraga
07-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Out of those 2...I would say Woodlawns...they tend to go all out...however know that getting out of there once everything is said and done is gonna be a b!tch...lots of congestion with little ways around it...Lacklands show is good..don't get me wrong...I just liked Woodlawns better...then again...it could all go to hell if it rains as bad as they say it might...

Melmart1
07-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Go to Lackland. I live two blocks from Woodlawn and the less people trying to park in my driveway, throwing their empties on my front lawn and fighting on the street corner drunk, the better.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
07-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Go to Lackland. I live two blocks from Woodlawn and the less people trying to park in my driveway, throwing their empties on my front lawn and fighting on the street corner drunk, the better.

It's such a shame that people have little or no consideration for others.
But, please, dont think that just because some people act that way, doesnt mean that all people act that way.....there's always bad apples....always....

I'm sorry to hear about that Melmart.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
07-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, everyone, thanks for the input.
Just two more questions.
Which fireworks show is more spectacular and longer lasting? And which one is more kid friendly?

I know that Lackland has a carnival and what not. But, is it huge or just a few rides?

Summers
07-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I've been to the Woodlawn show and love it. But it is a hassle finding parking and getting out.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
07-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Yea, sound slike that's going to be an issue.
Now I'm thinking that Lackland would be a better choice...

midgetonadonkey
07-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I want to go to Woodlawn Lake now just so I can throw empties on Melmarts yard and piss on her bushes.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
07-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Hahahahaha.....Haha! Awwww, poor Melmart. Sorry Mel, I had to laugh! That was pretty funny. LOL

jcrod
07-03-2007, 02:59 PM
My Grandma lives up the street from woodlawn, its always a great show. But the parking would be a hassle. we dont have drunks and the sorts coming are way.

fraga
07-03-2007, 05:50 PM
I live two blocks from Woodlawn and the less people trying to park in my driveway, throwing their empties on my front lawn and fighting on the street corner drunk, the better.
Dude I never would have done that if I knew that was your house...honestly...

peewee's lovechild
07-03-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm gonna drink a case of Shiner 98 and get all fucked faced.

peewee's lovechild
07-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Fuck it, I know myself . . . I'll end up drinking two cases and then calling up old girlfriends at about 3 in the morning.

I just hope I don't piss of their husbands again.

Melmart1
07-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Hahaa, I don't care what you guys do, I hadn't even moved in here yet last 4th of July, but I used to live in this area before and it was always a semi-nightmare in terms of getting in and out, traffic etc. And next day always empties, though one time we found an abandoned cooler with a six pack of Coors Light in it. :drunk

The house on one side, the peeps are out of town all week, my roommate suggested we charge peeps $10 to park in their garage and driveway. Hmmmm... :lol

xrayzebra
07-04-2007, 08:53 AM
It doesn't look good for outdoor stuff.http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z273/xrayzebra/doppler_lg.gif

JoeChalupa
07-04-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm going to park in a field along 1604 and watch the fireworks at Randolph. Or stay at home depending on the weather.

Shelly
07-04-2007, 09:08 AM
I don't have to go anywhere. The subdivision behind mine shoots off an arsenal of fireworks every year...much to my dog's dismay.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
07-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Well, just an update....
My family and our out of town guests went over to LAFB to see the firweworks display.
When we were waiting to get in through the East Gate, it was raining on and off. So, naturally, we were having our doubts.
But, things went off without a hitch.
Surprisingly, as soon as we left our vehicles, it had stopped raining and we were able to have a good time.
The food was great, the people were friendly, no trouble what-so-ever, kids running around, hardly any muddy areas at all....just great people having a good time....

Around 10 p.m., the fireworks went off and everyone gathered around in clusters to watch.
But, those werent set off by LAFB! Hahaha!
I was even fooled! And I was wondering why they were a bit too far off
So, anyway, we're watching for a good ten minutes and the announcer informs us that ours are about to go off and than we hear a big bang and than you look up in the sky and all I could help but think was," Wow! So much closer! That's way better!"

Everyone clapped and cheered and the fireworks show, in general, was great.

The only problem, was the ending, when they had set off a lot at once.
There was too much smoke in the air and the colorful sparks were hidden behind a thick dark cloud......

But, overall, a good time.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
07-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Oh yea, this was alarming!!!
I live on Bear Springs Drive and there's this huge open field behind an elementary school....OMG! Swarms of people over there!!! Lots and lots of people setting off fireworks and quite a few people, sitting around watching these people setting them off!
Lots of kids over there too. Mostly, with sparklers and I was like, "Wow!"

So, we buy some fireworks and join in on the fun.
The kids had a blast. Mostly, we watched because people were doing some amazing aerial fireworks out there and I was just amazed.
These people next to us had told us that they had spent over $900 on fireworks alone and I was like," Are you serious?"
And he was like," Look forward to it every year!"

All in all, it was a good time.
Everyone seemed pretty much resposible and no one got injured. So, that's a plus.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, just an update....
My family and our out of town guests went over to LAFB to see the firweworks display.
When we were waiting to get in through the East Gate, it was raining on and off. So, naturally, we were having our doubts.
But, things went off without a hitch.
Surprisingly, as soon as we left our vehicles, it had stopped raining and we were able to have a good time.
The food was great, the people were friendly, no trouble what-so-ever, kids running around, hardly any muddy areas at all....just great people having a good time....

Around 10 p.m., the fireworks went off and everyone gathered around in clusters to watch.
But, those werent set off by LAFB! Hahaha!
I was even fooled! And I was wondering why they were a bit too far off
So, anyway, we're watching for a good ten minutes and the announcer informs us that ours are about to go off and than we hear a big bang and than you look up in the sky and all I could help but think was," Wow! So much closer! That's way better!"

Everyone clapped and cheered and the fireworks show, in general, was great.

The only problem, was the ending, when they had set off a lot at once.
There was too much smoke in the air and the colorful sparks were hidden behind a thick dark cloud......

But, overall, a good time.

The fireworks you might have seen would have been the ones at The Wolff. The concert finished right before 10 p.m. and they started the fireworks immediately after (I think it was about a 12-15 minute show).

FearDaDuncaN_SA
07-05-2007, 04:41 PM
The fireworks you might have seen would have been the ones at The Wolff. The concert finished right before 10 p.m. and they started the fireworks immediately after (I think it was about a 12-15 minute show).

Never heard of The Wolf.
Kind of new to the area? What's that place about?

fraga
07-05-2007, 05:48 PM
It's just the baseball stadium down the street. I was also wondering where those fireworks were coming from. At first I was thinking, man, they really moved the Lackland fireworks really down the street.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
07-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Haha, that's really funny...