PDA

View Full Version : Mikki Moore

texasqb2
07-02-2007, 04:28 PM
This guy is gonna come cheap....I'd love to have him over Elson or Butler

AFBlue
07-02-2007, 04:34 PM
This guy is gonna come cheap....I'd love to have him over Elson or Butler

The dude IS Elson, but even skinnier...which I bet you never thought was humanly possible. Same skill set, same attitude. No thanks.

Pistons < Spurs
07-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I guess it depends what you call cheap. IN his mind, he's about to get paid. He did a great job stepping in this year, and added quite a bit to his value. Career highs in points and rebounds. And he lead the league in FG%.

I'd expect him to get the whole MLE from some team this off season. Not exactly what I think of as cheap.

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I guess it depends what you call cheap. IN his mind, he's about to get paid. He did a great job stepping in this year, and added quite a bit to his value. Career highs in points and rebounds. And he lead the league in FG%.

I'd expect him to get the whole MLE from some team this off season. Not exactly what I think of as cheap.

If he gets the whole MLE then that is absolutely crazy expensive for him.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Elson > (barely) Moore
Butler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Moore

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Elson > (barely) Moore
Butler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Moore

Butler and Moore are completely different players. But Moore has proven himself in at least one full season while Butler has only proven himself in about 2 full games.

Butler might be a great player one day, but he has proved nothing yet.

Solid D
07-02-2007, 04:54 PM
The Spurs cut him.

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
The Spurs cut him.

He means Mikki Moore and not Butler. I know Elliottfan was probably going bonkers thinking Jackie was off the team! :lol

whottt
07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
And he talked shit to Pop(cussed at him) in the middle of a game the last time we played the Nets. Got a T for doing it...might have even been ejected...I can't recall for certain, but I know he got a T, and a finger wag from Pop.

At this point..I think Dennis Rodman is more likely to play for the Spurs.

Don't you guys watch the regular season?

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 05:05 PM
And don't you guys watch the regular season?

Only the 4th quarters.

whottt
07-02-2007, 05:06 PM
That happened in the 4th Quarter.

Kori Ellis
07-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Mikki Moore flourished in NJ, but he's not as good as his numbers indicate. He averaged 10/5 on the season, but that's because he runs the floor well, was a recipient of a lot of JKidd gift passes, and because he was in a contract year.

He probably deserves about 2-3M a year but some stupid GM will overpay him.

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 05:08 PM
That happened in the 4th Quarter.

It's a joke. People say the only part of NBA games that matters are the 4th quarters.

whottt
07-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I get it...and it's not really that much of a joke...it's actually kinda true. Anyway...it did happen in the 4th and I am surprised no one else seems to remember it.

T Park
07-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Elson for whoever on the Nets.

Elson = Mikki Moore

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2007, 05:24 PM
He means Mikki Moore and not Butler. I know Elliottfan was probably going bonkers thinking Jackie was off the team! :lol
Yea I knew he meant Moore. And yea I would've gone crazy if he was cut. :lol

Solid D
07-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Yes, I meant Mikki. To Mikki's credit, he has stayed in the league and has improved his game since 2002 when they cut him during training camp.

Bruno
07-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Mikki Moore is this year Jerome James.
He will get a good contract after his great year but I doubt he will be worth it.

Hoy
07-02-2007, 06:26 PM
And he talked shit to Pop(cussed at him) in the middle of a game the last time we played the Nets. Got a T for doing it...might have even been ejected...I can't recall for certain, but I know he got a T, and a finger wag from Pop.

At this point..I think Dennis Rodman is more likely to play for the Spurs.

Don't you guys watch the regular season?

He did not curse at Pop.
He got angry at the calls so he asked Pop if he paid off the refs.
So Pop smiled and did :nope thing.

michaelwcho
07-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Mikki Moore will be paid way too much, in the same way that Brian Scalabrine was. It's all about Jason Kidd.

whottt
07-02-2007, 06:56 PM
He did not curse at Pop.
He got angry at the calls so he asked Pop if he paid off the refs.
So Pop smiled and did :nope thing.

Ahh ok. That's not as bad as I thought...although I don't think Pop liked it much. Moore got T'ed up for it right(The Refs probably didn't like the comment much either)?

texasqb2
07-02-2007, 07:38 PM
why is everyone on the Jackie Butler bandwagon? What has this guy proved besides he knows how to take advantage of a buffet?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2007, 07:45 PM
His potential is what gives us confidence in him.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Why do people keeping writing Butler off? Let's get the kid on the court before we call him a bust...

tmtcsc
07-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Jackie Butler is a fucking waste of space. Why even mention his name ? We absolutely made a mistake when we signed him.

And what's up with that friggin beard ? Does anyone in the locker room give him shit about it ? He looks like a friggin black Taliban, if they actually exist. -- Not a racist comment, just an observation.

He's just wierd. I can deal with wierd but he's not good and wierd. So he lost weight, so what ? I have a feeling he's going to go Full Metal Jacket one day if we don't drop him.

Can you tell its the dog days of summer ? No NBA news that matters, football is weeks away and we're stuck with baseball games. UGH !!! BASEBALL SUCKS ! It's hideously boring. Newsflash right ? Capt. Observo at your service.

Sorry folks, just venting. 3 months, 3 weeks until we start the repeat. Jackie, shave that nasty beard and get serious about playing basketball would ya ?

jag
07-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Elson for whoever on the Nets.

Good take. :rolleyes

thatguy22
07-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Mikki Moore will be paid way too much, in the same way that Brian Scalabrine was. It's all about Jason Kidd.

is Jason Kidd God or somethin? i mean honestly, i'm sure Moore will be overpaid but did Kidd pass the ball to him and then make all those 12-18 footers for him as well?

smrattler
07-09-2007, 03:39 PM
All the Elson hate is a far cry from the love he was getting around here after that opening night game 1 in Dallas this past season.

Spurologist
07-09-2007, 03:56 PM
If Moore is signed by the Spurs, Jackie Butler would eat him. It's a lose-lose situation

Kamnik
07-09-2007, 04:22 PM
He probably deserves about 2-3M a year but some stupid GM will overpay him.

Thats a sure bet.

Players that play alongside Kidd or Nash should always take away 25% of their stats to get their true value. :fro

AZSportsFan
07-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Thats a sure bet.

Players that play alongside Kidd or Nash should always take away 25% of their stats to get their true value. :fro
Agreed. That goes for TD as well.

cherylsteele
07-09-2007, 04:43 PM
I get it...and it's not really that much of a joke...it's actually kinda true. Anyway...it did happen in the 4th and I am surprised no one else seems to remember it.
I remember that......I also remember that Pop shrugged his shoulders before his finger wave too.

Kamnik
07-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Agreed. That goes for TD as well.

shooters yes

also shaq goes into this category

Kapono anyone? :lol

mowgli
07-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Why do people keeping writing Butler off? Let's get the kid on the court before we call him a bust...

Let's get him on the court before we label him a winner. In either case, we really need to see him on the floor when it counts.