PDA

View Full Version : James White

ATRAIN
07-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I have not been able to see the guy play. Everytime he played for some reason I didnt get to see the game. I hear he is a up and coming star, who would you guys compare him too?

BacktoBasics
07-03-2007, 09:39 AM
I think "star" is a stretch. It would be a godsend if they guy could spell Bowen for 12 minutes a game.

michaelwcho
07-03-2007, 09:42 AM
I was just looking at his Youtube videos last night, and wishing I could see him get some PT. What a leaper!

ATRAIN
07-03-2007, 09:51 AM
do you have a link to the youtube vids you were watching.

Twisted_Dawg
07-03-2007, 09:59 AM
I think "star" is a stretch. It would be a godsend if they guy could spell Bowen for 12 minutes a game.

It would be a Godsend if Pop would just give him a chance and some play time.

AFBlue
07-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Based on what has transpired this off-season thus far, I'd say it's possible he's not even in a Spurs Uni next year....

Finley/Bowen/Barry all coming back, Spurs drafted Williams, are looking at Matt Carroll....and White's contract can be terminated before 1 August with NO penalty. Doesn't bode well for the guy.

Darkwaters
07-03-2007, 10:05 AM
James White!

Kori Ellis
07-03-2007, 10:07 AM
You'll be able to seem him next week in summer league. The games are going to be broadcast on the web. He's not star material, but he could become a good role player if he works hard and gets an opportunity.

AFBlue
07-03-2007, 10:10 AM
You'll be able to seem him next week in summer league. The games are going to be broadcast on the web. He's not star material, but he could become a good role player if he works hard and gets an opportunity.

This summer league experience could prove to be make-or-break with this Spurs team. With roster spots at a premium and the ability for the Spurs to waive him before 1 Aug with no penalty....this could be his last chance to prove his worth.

No pressure James!

MrChug
07-03-2007, 10:11 AM

Is it possible the Willams outplays him for the spot?

Kori Ellis
07-03-2007, 10:13 AM
I guess it's possible. Or it's possible that neither one of them make it.

I'd imagine that they will at least be invited to training camp though, unless they play horrible in summer league and workouts.

ATRAIN
07-03-2007, 10:51 AM

On the Spurs site or NBA site? I will have to check em out. Thanks Kori.

wildbill2u
07-03-2007, 10:52 AM
I was just looking at his Youtube videos last night, and wishing I could see him get some PT. What a leaper!
"A deer can run fast and jump really high--but I wouldn't suit one up based on that." Charles Barkley

Kori Ellis
07-03-2007, 10:54 AM
On the Spurs site or NBA site? I will have to check em out. Thanks Kori.
I'm not sure where, but I believe NBA.com.

bosgezen
07-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Is White under contract for the coming season? Cos his name is metioned a lot with efes pilsen (euroleauge team) here in Istanbul. Just wonderd if the rumors have any truth.

Kori Ellis
07-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Is White under contract for the coming season? Cos his name is metioned a lot with efes pilsen (euroleauge team) here in Istanbul. Just wonderd if the rumors have any truth.

His contract is not guaranteed for the Spurs.

bosgezen
07-03-2007, 11:15 AM
His contract is not guaranteed for the Spurs.

Thanx so there is a chance he may end up playing here

by the way here is a link that says Efes Pilsen made an offer to White (in Turkish)

http://www.turkbasket.com/mtabayan_detay.asp?hid=31911

SenorSpur
07-03-2007, 11:41 AM
I would say that he's a promising young, potential role player. During his short stints last season he displayed an unexpected level of offensive assertiveness. Hit a couple of wide open jumpers and really demonstrated that he had no fear. Hopefully he can become a capable defender.

Borosai
07-03-2007, 11:47 AM
I don't care what this thread is about. The thread is titled James White (you missed the ! by the way). I just wanted to come in here and bask in the glory that is...

|

|

|

|

|

|

\/

LEONARD
07-03-2007, 11:55 AM
do you have a link to the youtube vids you were watching.

http://youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=%22james%20white%22%20spurs

caŽlo
07-03-2007, 12:10 PM
just let him play a couple of games to make him eligible for the dunk contest...

then bring him back to the doghouse again or trade him. hehe.

Avitus1
07-03-2007, 12:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iw_kcqGLNA James White

saporvida
07-03-2007, 01:56 PM
He's not star material, but he could become a good role player if he works hard and gets an opportunity.

for some odd reason i have a feeling this kid is gonna shine in a few yrs and become one of the NBA's top superstars... yall can call me crazy and i dont know why i am so adamant about him becoming a star but i am.

GO JAMES WHITE GO!

bdictjames
07-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Probably the best he's gonna be is a skinnier type of Jason Richardson.

I really hope he's gonna get more pT this year, just because I want to see what this guy can do in the Slam Dunk Contest. :drunk

Hemotivo
07-03-2007, 02:13 PM
James White first dunk as a Spur
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WHgnScxIm_k