PDA

View Full Version : Congress is going for the record...

Yonivore
07-03-2007, 02:04 PM
...on approval ratings. How low can they go?

46% Say Congress Doing Poor Job, 16% Say Good or Excellent (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/46_say_congress_doing_poor_job_16_say_good_or_exce llent)

Think they'll figure out what's causing all this discontent? :lmao

George W Bush
07-04-2007, 02:56 PM
...on approval ratings. How low can they go?

46% Say Congress Doing Poor Job, 16% Say Good or Excellent (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/46_say_congress_doing_poor_job_16_say_good_or_exce llent)

Think they'll figure out what's causing all this discontent? :lmao

We don't listen to polls.

Yonivore
07-04-2007, 03:47 PM
that nearly half of them are repugs
I hope that's what Democrats believe.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-04-2007, 08:54 PM
looks like corso failed to put aside party bickering on a day when corso should be remembering the spirit of the second continental corso, CORSO

Cant_Be_Faded
07-04-2007, 09:01 PM
corso was talking bout the other corso in this thread and not the real corso who also happens to be a corso CORSO

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Not to break up the corsofest, but...

Congress has had a disconnect from the American public for a long time now. The dip in the ratings are due largely to all the lip service by the democrats as well as some republicans that they paid to immigration, border security, and doing something about gas prices back in the fall.

Now it's obvious to everyone with a brain that they were all full of shit, you get the approval ratings linked to by the OP.

It'll never happen, but it'd be friggin' great if they had term limits for Congress as well. I think it would keep them all a little more honest.

At any rate, maybe we're finally seeing America wake up to the shitty job politicians are doing in D.C. and hopefully there will be more willingness to boot them out of there in the upcoming elections instead of just voting for them due to party affiliation.

Grand Wizard Tubbs
07-04-2007, 11:45 PM
My plan is working.

xrayzebra
07-05-2007, 08:17 AM
It'll never happen, but it'd be friggin' great if they had term limits for Congress as well. I think it would keep them all a little more honest.

At any rate, maybe we're finally seeing America wake up to the shitty job politicians are doing in D.C. and hopefully there will be more willingness to boot them out of there in the upcoming elections instead of just voting for them due to party affiliation.

You and I will never see term limits in either house of
Congress in our lifetime. Fossils like Byrd, Kennedy and
others wouldn't be able to claim the "great" honor of
being the elite of the elite.

DarkReign
07-05-2007, 10:38 AM
I dont care if its Repubs or Dems, I look at the numbers and think "Are Americans finally getting sick of the governement in general?"

The answer, I think is yes. Sadly, those numbers will jump when Repubs take back Congress for one sole reason. Repubs are fiercely loyal to their party, moreso than Dems. Right or wrong, I see more Repubs justifying their party under unjustifiable terms.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM

:depressed

I know you're right, but one can dream...

smeagol
07-05-2007, 12:58 PM
You guys can use our Congress. We will ship them up North for free!

smeagol
07-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Don't they get reelected? Who the fuck votes for those guys?

Yonivore
07-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Don't they get reelected? Who the fuck votes for those guys?
Idiots.

RighteousBoy
07-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Idiots.

Why do you call them idiots? Just because they repeatedly vote a man back into office after he drove his pregnant secretary off a bridge into a river, and left her there to die?

Yonivore
07-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Why do you call them idiots? Just because they repeatedly vote a man back into office after he drove his pregnant secretary off a bridge into a river, and left her there to die?
Oh, I don't know... BECAUSE THEY ARE?

Yonivore
07-05-2007, 02:48 PM
White House Raps Congressional Probes (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8Q6K0P00&show_article=1)

"...presidential spokesman Scott Stanzel noted Thursday that the White House has received a flurry of inquires since Democrats took control of Congress in January, and has turned over some 200,000 pages of documents."

"'They've launched over 300 investigations, had over 350 requests for documents and interviews, and they have had over 600 oversight hearings in just about 100 days,' Stanzel said. 'So that's about six oversight hearings a day.'"
Dayum! Busy little beavers, ain't they?

"'I would say they have a lot to show in terms of activity and requests and letter-writing, and that sort of thing,' he said, 'but not much to show in the way of real legislation—whether it's legislation on health care, education, comprehensive immigration reform.'"

'All of those things are important issues that we think the American people care about and would like to see Congress move forward on.'"
Maybe that would explain the low approval rating. Ya think?