PDA

View Full Version : The Deadliest Catch > Ice Road Truckers

Soul_Patch
07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
To avoid a derailment of the Lil'Bush thread. I thought id branch out.

What do you think about the Deadliest Catch? I seriously cant get enough of this show. It is on a lot, and sometimes runs for like 5hrs straight on sundays, but i freakin love it.

My wife and i watch all the time...last nights episode was a new one! finally!

Who else is addicted to the Deadliest catch?

Ice Road Truckers...meh...for one i cant stand that its sort of biting on the Deadliest Catches run....and 2, i watched it, but it really just isnt the same sort of feeling.

Something about shows involving the ocean that get me i guess.

NorCal510
07-03-2007, 03:28 PM
It ain't even all that great IMO.

Bear Grylls on Human Vs. Nature or w/e it's called is a good show. Or Dirty Jobs.

ObiwanGinobili
07-03-2007, 03:29 PM
i'm completely addicted!
I watch that shit all the time.
i don;t care if they are re-runs: if it;s on, I'm watching :tu

somethign about that show just gets me hooked. damn it;s awesome. And I think it;s crazy how lla the captains have a different personality- but all the same drive when it comes to fishing.
damn blake is an arrognat SOB. btw, anyone know why he took Opilio cab season off? seems liek thats where he coulda really cashed in.

BacktoBasics
07-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Good show.

Soul_Patch
07-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I think he was just getting a trial run that one season. Then got demoted after he sorta fucked it up at the end.

I could be wrong though.

Did you see the one where the guy was like hanging off of the side of a boat. The captain was watching him, then he went under...they pulled him out quick, but he could barely walk from being so cold...

crazy shit...

And yea, i watch em all...even if they are reruns...sundays i get nothing done because the shit is on all day.

Last nights episode i learned a whole new phrase "keel hulling"

they dropped a pot without the captain saying ok...and it wrapped under the boat. They did some wierd thing with a big weight and rope..and ran it under the length of the boat to try and remove the hung pot...it worked...whew...they were going to have to shut down their season if it didn't.

The Northwestern had some new guy on board who couldnt get anything done. Toward the end they made him eat a beating fish heart...which he did...then puked it up....

shortly after my pregnant wife did the same....minus the beating fish heart.

ObiwanGinobili
07-03-2007, 03:41 PM
this reminds me I will have to stop watching this show next time i get pregnant :lol

Pistons < Spurs
07-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Deadliest Catch is one of the greatest shows ever!!!

Whenever I'm flipping channels, and can't find anything to watch, I end up on Discovery. I've probably seen every episode 2 or 3 times....but I still watch them!

samikeyp
07-03-2007, 03:44 PM
I am not saying that my wife and I are fans of Deadliest Catch...but our new cat is named Sig. :)

PM5K
07-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I've never seen IRT so I can't comment on it but it sounds like the same kind of idea, deadly jobs.

That's a big part of what makes Deadliest Catch so good, real life drama, and what's more dramatic than death?

I was watching one once where they couldn't get in touch with one of the ships, and the EPIRB (Emergency Position-Indicating Radio Beacon) was going off, they looked and looked, and setup a perimeter, and at one point you see some small debris in the ocean, and you start to get a sinking feeling, but I remember thinking: It's not that big, maybe it's just some random debris, but then you see a much larger piece of debris, and that sinking feeling becomes the realization that their ship did indeed capsize, and the chance of them being alive is slim to none.

I don't recall the exact details but out of the crew of six, one survived that I know of..