PDA

View Full Version : When are we going to ban Pit Bulls?

PM5K
07-03-2007, 05:45 PM
So another day another story of a child mauled by a Pit Bull.

When are we going to ban these animals to protect the children they attack?

It seems it's always a child (not an adult/owner) and someone always has to say something along the lines of "I never thought the dog would do that".

I don't care if you think these dogs are raised this way, or are this way because of the way they've been bred over centuries, either way they should be banned.

Enough already...

thispego
07-03-2007, 05:46 PM
how do you ban dogs?

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-03-2007, 05:47 PM
You have absolutely no right to an opinion on this subject since you have yet to put up 20 and 10 in the NBA.

PM5K
07-03-2007, 05:47 PM
how do you ban dogs?

You can ban certain breeds, it's been done in other cities...

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-03-2007, 05:48 PM
how do you ban dogs?

Just put them on all-ignore.

NorCal510
07-03-2007, 05:48 PM
shut up noobs

my neighbors got a pitbull, which im taking care of for a month since they are on vacation.

it is the sweetest dog ever, even though it stinks so bad. it always wants attention and rolls on it's belly for some scratching.

ban the bad ones, not the good ones. if u can do that.

PM5K
07-03-2007, 05:49 PM
You have absolutely no right to an opinion on this subject since you have yet to put up 20 and 10 in the NBA.

Dude I put up 30/15, I'm no Bogut...

mavs>spurs2
07-03-2007, 05:52 PM
How bout we just ban stupid people? It seems like this thread comes up once a month. Where's TSA when you need him?

peewee's lovechild
07-03-2007, 05:53 PM
How about if we ban stupid children?

I bet the little fucker pissed the pit bull off somehow.
Fuck the kid.
Let the pit bull kick his ass for pissing him off.

AnkleBreaker21
07-03-2007, 05:56 PM
ban the owners not the breed, i have 6 of them and they are the biggest babys in the world, so pm5k stfu

thispego
07-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Just put them on all-ignore.
haha :spin
didn't take long

nsrammstein
07-03-2007, 05:57 PM
How about we ban children that annoy these dogs causing them to attack?

THE ONE AND ONLY
07-03-2007, 06:02 PM
we could ban dog fighting then people wouldnt be training them to be mean.

peewee's lovechild
07-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Trust me, you ban all stupid children and the problems will go away.

Fuck it, we should get the government to sterlize stupid people so they wont give birth to stupid children that piss off pit bulls and then get their asses handed to them by said pit bulls.

I'll vote for it.

whottt
07-03-2007, 06:08 PM
When the deadly cottonmouth snake struck out at "her" children, Dixie never hesitated. The dog pushed the children aside, putting her 50-pound body between them and the snake. Dixie saved Frank Humphries, 9, and his 7-year-old twin siblings, Katie and Codi. But the venomous snake inflicted two bites on the face of the 16-month-old dog.

Valerie Humphries of Fayetteville, Ga., -- the children's mother and Dixie's co-owner -- killed the snake with an ax and rushed the dog to veterinarian Francoise Tyler. "Seeing Dixie's unconscious body in the arms of that doctor was one of the worst things I've ever been through," Humphries said. "Dr. Tyler had to keep her for several days, hooked up to intravenous antibiotics."

Then the vet nominated Dixie for the Hero Dog category in a contest sponsored by the Georgia Veterinary Medical Association. Dixie won over 300 nominated dogs and this month is being inducted into the Georgia Animal Hall of Fame.

E20
07-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Just like people, there are good dogs and bad dogs. Don't hate the game, hate the player. :lmao

whottt
07-03-2007, 06:10 PM
WEELA, THE DOG HERO OF THE YEAR
author: Jacqueline O'Neil
source: The Ultimate American Pit Bull Terrier

Gary Watkins, eleven years old, was absorbed in chasing lizards when Weela, the family Pit Bull, plowed into him with a body slam that sent him sprawling. Gary's mother, Lori, saw the whole incident and remembers being surprised at first, because Weela always played kindly with children. But her surprise quickly turned to horror when she saw a rattlesnake sink its fangs into Weela's face.

Somehow Weela had sensed the snake's presence from across the yard and rushed to push Gary out of strinking range. Luckily for thirty people, twenty-nine dogs, thirteen horses and a cat, Weela recovered from the snake's venom. Luckily, because that's how many lives she saved a few years later. For her heroism, Weela was named Ken-L Ration's Dog Hero of the Year in 1993.

The press release read in part: "In January 1993, heavy rains caused a dam to break miles upstream on the Tijuana River, normally a narrow, three-foot wide river. Weela's rescue efforts began at a ranch that belonged to a friend of her owners, Lori and Daniel Watkins.

Weela and the Watkinses worked for six hours battling heavy rains, strong currents and floating debris to reach the ranch and rescue their friend's twelve dogs. From that experience, the Watkinses recognized Weela's extraordinary ability to sense quicksand, dangerous drop-offs and mud bogs. "She was constantly willing to put herself in dangerous situations," says Lori Watkins. "She always took the lead except to circle back if someone needed help."

'Periodically, over a month's time, sixty-five pound Weela crossed the flooded river to bring food to seventeen dogs and puppies and one cat, all stranded on an island. Each trip she pulled thirty to fifty pounds of dog food that had been loaded into a harnessed backpack. The animals were finally evacuated on Valentine's Day.

On another occasion, Weela led a rescue team to thirteen horses stranded on a large manure pile completely surrounded by floodwaters. The rescue team successfully brought the horses to safe ground. Finally, during one of Weela's trips back from delivering food to stranded animals, she came upon a group of thirty people who were attempting to cross the floodwaters.

Weela, by barking and running back and forth, refused to allow them to cross at that point where the waters ran deep and fast. She then led the group to a shallower crossing upstream, where they safely crossed to the other side."

Stong, gentle intelligent and brave, Weela, CGC,TT, is the ultimate American Pit Bull terrier, epitomizing the best that the breed has to offer. But her story also highlights an important yet often mis- understood fact about the breed. The Pit Bull is a dog that loves to please its owner and tries to become whatever kind of dog its owner desires.

Weela has had two owners. The first owner dumped her in an alley to die when she was less than four weeks old. Her present owner, Lori Watkins, found five starving Pit Bull puppies whimpering in an alley, took them home and raised them. later, the Watkins family placed four of the puppies in loving homes and kept the little female they named Weela. They believed Weela was special, and she proved them right.

Most Pit Bull puppies grow up to become a reflection of both their owners' personality and the care and training they receive. One can only imagine what a different dog Weela would have become if her original owner had raised her, and she had done her best to please him. {HOME}

©Jacqueline O'Neil/The Ultimate American Pit Bull Terrier, 1995

Just because people pervert and corrupt the dog's natural gifts is no reason to ban the dog...I'd say ban the people that do it...or at least throw them in jail...not sign them your hoop team them because we need a long SF, Qyntel.

nsrammstein
07-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Dog fighting is already illegal but the penalties are not bad enough, I say if you get caught fighting dogs your first time you get 1yr/1,000$ fine; 2nd time you get 3yrs/$3,000 dollar fine; 3rd time 5yrs/$5,000 dollar fine.

NorCal510
07-03-2007, 08:13 PM
people kill also

we might as well ban people, too.

iminlakerland
07-03-2007, 09:04 PM
I have always wanted a blue pitbull terrier...when i get my own place thats what i will get. But i'm tired of people always blaming these attacks on the dogs. Many of my friends have pitbulls but they are the friendliest and greatest dogs ever.

It's not the dogs that turn that way its the upbringing, the neglect etc. they are just like children. I'm tired of people always blamming these dogs and talking about banning them. People need to look at themselves and take responsibility.

tlongII
07-03-2007, 09:20 PM
I say we just shoot the pitbulls. That's what I would do.

TheSanityAnnex
07-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Lets ban these dogs too..............

Jack Russell terrier: Patricia Schneider, 50, of Discovery Bay, Calif.,
whose spleen had been removed, died in 2/98 of infection, 3 days after
receiving infected bite on lip at home of Diane Gardner and Elaine Goodney.

TheSanityAnnex
07-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Beagle: The fatality was a strangulation caused by tugging on a leash which
was around a child's neck.

TheSanityAnnex
07-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Dauschund: Julia Beck, 87, of Fort Wayne, died 5/15/05, two weeks after
attack by Dauschund & Lab at home she shared with Michael T. Kitchen, 48,
and Linda A. Kitchen, 57.

TheSanityAnnex
07-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Golden retriever: One dog responsible for an attack was rabid. Another
accidentally strangled Kaitlyn Hassard, 6, of Manorville, Long Island,
on 1/24/06, by tugging at her scarf.

TheSanityAnnex
07-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Labrador: Adult victim was attacked in her home by as many as 23 dogs owned
by daughter. The Lab who severely mauled Jasmine Charboneau, 2, on
7/29/04 in Devils Lake, ND, proved to be rabid.

TheSanityAnnex
07-03-2007, 09:41 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/sierrablood.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
07-03-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm not even going to argue this topic again. I've said my piece and if you'd like, I have statistics to back them up. Use the search function.

JMarkJohns
07-03-2007, 09:48 PM
So, I guess was Sanity is saying is its nurture, not nature for what's responsible for killer dogs. While I tend to believe certain animals have a genetic makeup that makes them more agressive, I've seen some great family pets made of dogs that many would fear, so I'm inclined to agree, to a large extent.

TheSanityAnnex
07-03-2007, 09:58 PM
The genetic makeup of an American Pitbull Terrier is to be more aggressive towards other dogs, not humans. During the times when they were bred to fight, any Pitbull that bit a human in the pit was immediately killed, therefore developing a breed that was less inclined to bite a human, moreso than any other breed.

I hate arguing this topic but the people that are anti-Pitbull are usually so misinformed and ignorant. Of course it is how the dog is raised, there is no other way. It is not in this dog's genetic makeup to bite humans, it is a trait that is learned through either training or neglect (beating the shit out of your dog). Many people see the Pitbull as a symbol of toughness, and these same people are the ones who see gangs/crime as a symbol of toughness. Of course a certain breed will have a higher number of attacks when you have stupid fuck gangbangers running around with Pitbulls teaching them to attack.

If I was so inclined, I could teach my Toy Fox Terrier to attack and introduce to the world the most dangerous 7lb dog.

ashbeeigh
07-03-2007, 11:02 PM
This is the only time I will openly admit to agree to TheSanityAnnex.

This topic is so dumb, some places ban the breed, but who the hell is going to go and hunt down the owners and poor dogs? The PitBull police? There are bigger issues in the world than one misunderstood breed.

NorCal510
07-03-2007, 11:04 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/sierrablood.jpg
holy jesus that looks like my neighbors dog exactly!

Flea
07-03-2007, 11:26 PM
It's ok to laugh until it's your kid who is mauled. We used to live across the street from a man who had a pit bull and that dog was this guy's baby. He was nicer to the dog than his own kid and this dog was vicious. Several neighbors complained enough that the police finally made him give the dog away.

TheSanityAnnex
07-04-2007, 12:29 AM
It's ok to laugh until it's your kid who is mauled. We used to live across the street from a man who had a pit bull and that dog was this guy's baby. He was nicer to the dog than his own kid and this dog was vicious. Several neighbors complained enough that the police finally made him give the dog away.Did the dog maul anyone? Did it ever attack anyone?

There's this black guy that lives across the street from me who is very intimidating, he lifts weights in his frontyard and yells at his kid. Tomorrow I will call the police and inform them of this man, hopefully they will put him in jail before he harms anyone.

TheSanityAnnex
07-04-2007, 12:34 AM
It's ok to laugh until it's your kid who is mauled. And who's fucking laughing anyways?

Kids are bitten by many, many, many different breeds each year. Should we just ban dogs all together? I was bitten in the face by my uncle's Chow when I was eight. I got too close to the dog's face and was being a rowdy little shit. I also got bit by a Lab when I decided to pull on it's tail. I don't feel the need to parade around and ask for all these dogs to be killed, and I've actually been bitten by them. Flea, have you been bitten by a Pitbull? Pm5k, have you been bitten by a Pitbull?

nsrammstein
07-04-2007, 12:43 AM
It's ok to laugh until it's your kid who is mauled.

First of all if I owned a pit I would teach my kid not to piss of the pitbull or other dogs because they will attack suddenly, 2nd I would not own a pitbull if I had a small child because I know their temperment. I know that pits can be nice dogs but you dont know how they will react.

TheSanityAnnex
07-04-2007, 01:01 AM
2nd I would not own a pitbull if I had a small child because I know their temperment. :lmao

You know their temperament?

:lmao

Then you must know that the Pitbull breed has one of the highest passing rates right?

www.atts.org
What is temperament?

W. Handel, German Police Dog Trainer, in his article, "The Psychological Basis of Temperament Testing," defines temperament as:

"the sum total of all inborn and acquired physical and mental traits and talents which determines, forms and regulates behavior in the environment" The ATTS test focuses on and measures different aspects of temperament such as stability, shyness, aggressiveness, and friendliness as well as the dog's instinct for protectiveness towards its handler and/or self-preservation in the face of a threat. The test is designed for the betterment of all breeds of dogs and takes into consideration each breed's inherent tendencies.

The test simulates a casual walk through the park or neighborhood where everyday life situations are encountered. During this walk, the dog experiences visual, auditory and tactile stimuli. Neutral, friendly and threatening situations are encountered, calling into play the dog's ability to distinguish between non-threatening situations and those calling for watchful and protective reactions.

American Pitbull Terrier 84.1%

American Staffordshire Terrier 83.9%

nsrammstein
07-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Then you must know that the Pitbull breed has one of the highest passing rates right?

Yeah, and Bolivia has the most natural resources of all south america, does that mean they have a decent economy? no they are the 2nd poorest country in south america.

Flea
07-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Did the dog maul anyone? Did it ever attack anyone?

There's this black guy that lives across the street from me who is very intimidating, he lifts weights in his frontyard and yells at his kid. Tomorrow I will call the police and inform them of this man, hopefully they will put him in jail before he harms anyone.

No but the dog would get out and start chasing people. One day another neighbor looked out his glass door and this dog was standing in front growling like he wanted to bust through. This neighbor was just sitting there watching tv. Thank God he never mauled anyone. If this black guy started acting in a threating manner I'm sure you would react accordingly.

Flea
07-04-2007, 08:17 AM
And who's fucking laughing anyways?

Kids are bitten by many, many, many different breeds each year. Should we just ban dogs all together? I was bitten in the face by my uncle's Chow when I was eight. I got too close to the dog's face and was being a rowdy little shit. I also got bit by a Lab when I decided to pull on it's tail. I don't feel the need to parade around and ask for all these dogs to be killed, and I've actually been bitten by them. Flea, have you been bitten by a Pitbull? Pm5k, have you been bitten by a Pitbull?

Someone was joking around earlier about kids being stupid. I took that as making fun of the situation and no I have never been attacked by a pitbull. I have never been bitten by a rattlesnake either.

JoeChalupa
07-04-2007, 08:53 AM
While agree with TSA, I'd never own a pit bull and I don't like the breed. My cousin had one and one day it growled at him during feeding time and he shot it right on the spot.

If they placed a ban on the breed? Wouldn't bother me none but I think tougher punishment against the owners is the way to go.

blizz
07-04-2007, 09:39 AM
It wouldn’t be fair to “ban” a breed, especially when there are good, honest, responsible owners out there. It would have to be done case by case and that’s just not very practical. Some good people have put bulls and they are treated with respect, love, care and are brought up around people and other dogs and they turn out to be the sweetest dogs around. Then you have these dirties who want a "badass" Pit Bull to show how tough they are and they raise the dog to be aggressive. They keep these dogs in crates or tied up all day to a tree and when these "badass" dogs get loose then end up killing other dogs or worse, people. So while you can argue that it’s not the breed itself that's the problem (which I disagree with), like it or not, it's the breed that has been glorified by certain cultures to behave in an aggressive manner and because of that, the breed is or has become dangerous. I personally would never own one or spend any time around one, but that's just me. I don't trust them, and no, I’ve never been attacked by one. It’s my prerogative to not trust them or want to be around them. Btw, it's not just Pit Bulls either; Rotts and German Shepards can be pretty dangerous also.

Sanity brings up SOME good points, but then again, some of those examples are bullshit. For most of those breeds, those incidences are the exception, not the norm and in some of those examples, the dogs had rabies. Those examples should be thrown out, hell a squirrel with rabies is dangerous. Sure kids are bitten by all types of dogs each year...but it's the aggressiveness of the dog, the force of the bite, the ability to control the dog after such an encounter and the willingness of the dog to let go that all play HUGE factors in that "bite". You’re comparing apples to oranges here. You can't tell me that a bite from a Dachshund is comparable to a bite from a Pit Bull. Pit Bulls don't let go and you're talking tens, maybe hundreds of pounds per square inch difference in bite force.

ToughActinTinactin
07-04-2007, 10:13 AM
All I know is that if a pitbull or any dog should attack my kids there will be hell to pay.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-04-2007, 11:01 AM
It wouldn’t be fair to “ban” a breed, especially when there are good, honest, responsible owners out there. It would have to be done case by case and that’s just not very practical. Some good people have put bulls and they are treated with respect, love, care and are brought up around people and other dogs and they turn out to be the sweetest dogs around. Then you have these dirties who want a "badass" Pit Bull to show how tough they are and they raise the dog to be aggressive. They keep these dogs in crates or tied up all day to a tree and when these "badass" dogs get loose then end up killing other dogs or worse, people. So while you can argue that it’s not the breed itself that's the problem (which I disagree with), like it or not, it's the breed that has been glorified by certain cultures to behave in an aggressive manner and because of that, the breed is or has become dangerous. I personally would never own one or spend any time around one, but that's just me. I don't trust them, and no, I’ve never been attacked by one. It’s my prerogative to not trust them or want to be around them. Btw, it's not just Pit Bulls either; Rotts and German Shepards can be pretty dangerous also.

Sanity brings up SOME good points, but then again, some of those examples are bullshit. For most of those breeds, those incidences are the exception, not the norm and in some of those examples, the dogs had rabies. Those examples should be thrown out, hell a squirrel with rabies is dangerous. Sure kids are bitten by all types of dogs each year...but it's the aggressiveness of the dog, the force of the bite, the ability to control the dog after such an encounter and the willingness of the dog to let go that all play HUGE factors in that "bite". You’re comparing apples to oranges here. You can't tell me that a bite from a Dachshund is comparable to a bite from a Pit Bull. Pit Bulls don't let go and you're talking tens, maybe hundreds of pounds per square inch difference in bite force.

Pit Bull isn't a breed, it's a type.

Aggressiveness isn't a trait found in Pit Bull's unless we breed or train that in them.

We should ban people.

tlongII
07-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Who cares about their predisposition to bite humans and whether they are not inclined to do so? Pit Bulls have the ability to inflict serious damage. Maybe more than any other type of dog. I believe they are an inherently unstable dog. The generations upon generations of inbreeding for the specific purpose of fighting has taken a toll on their mental makeup imo.

AnkleBreaker21
07-04-2007, 01:36 PM
yah right tell that to all the criminals when cops sick their german shepards on their asses, or rottwilers, or dobermans. you dont know what the hell your talkin about tlong

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-04-2007, 01:50 PM
IMO, anybody who wants to own a dog should have to get a license. They should be required to pass basic courses that teach proper care and training before taking ownership.

Pit Bull or Pomeranian(have killed as well) it shouldn't matter.

Bigzax
07-04-2007, 01:52 PM
any and all dogs can flip out.

but iike blizz said,
pitbulls have the means to do alot more damage.

you can raise a lion to be a puppy but you still never know. why take the chance.

tlongII
07-04-2007, 02:08 PM
yah right tell that to all the criminals when cops sick their german shepards on their asses, or rottwilers, or dobermans. you dont know what the hell your talkin about tlong

You have actually supported my argument. If the cops were only interested in inflicting physical damage they would most likely have pits. However, the difficulty one has in controlling them makes shepherds and rotties better choices. Now go to your room!

peewee's lovechild
07-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Okay, kill all pit bulls because they are aggresive and tend to attack human beings.

So, using that rationale, we should kill all lions, tigers, bears, elephants, silver-back gorillas, wolves, coyotes, rhino's, badgers, wolverines, etc., etc., etc.

I mean, they are all aggresive and tend to attack human beings.
Of course, all these animals have to be provoked one way or another.
Like, say . . . . little kids pissing them off.

Fuck it, I still say get rid of stupid little kids.

blizz
07-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Who said anything about killing all pit bulls? You don't know how to argue do you peewee? Look at me...expecting a rational argument from someone called peewee's lovechild. Pit bulls are PETS, people own them. The rest of those animals you listed are, for the most part, NOT pets. What a dumbass. Come with real, valid points to the argument or stay the fuck out of it. Moron.

T Park
07-04-2007, 02:34 PM
gotta love people doing the typical new american way of things.

Just ban this. Make a law. Get rid of it.

Don't use common sense, and think, hmmmmmm, the dog could be raised badly....

peewee's lovechild
07-04-2007, 02:36 PM
You fail to see my sarcastic point-of-view, you pea-brained fuckface.

You're asking for an animal to change it's very nature.
If you attack it, or it perceives that it's being provoked to it's defense, of course it's gonna attack. Now, some breeds are more aggresive than others, granted, but every dog, pet or not, is going to have a similar response.

It's not the animals fault.

blizz
07-04-2007, 02:49 PM
You fail to see my sarcastic point-of-view, you pea-brained fuckface.

You're asking for an animal to change it's very nature.
If you attack it, or it perceives that it's being provoked to it's defense, of course it's gonna attack. Now, some breeds are more aggresive than others, granted, but every dog, pet or not, is going to have a similar response.

It's not the animals fault.

bla bla bla bla bla....moron

peewee's lovechild
07-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Moron?

You're the one trying to change an animals nature.

Go ask Siegfried and Roy how that turned out for them.
You know, those guys who ass-fucked you when you were a little boy.

Bigzax
07-04-2007, 03:36 PM

shut the fuck up, nobody asked for your sarcastic opinion you fatfuck.

easjer
07-04-2007, 03:38 PM
It's ludicrous to try and ban 'pit bulls' since there are about 5 different breeds of dogs that fall into that category.

It's all about ownership of the dog and raising the dog appropriately and teaching children how to behave around dogs. Be honest - most kids are excitable, they approach dogs loudly and get directly into their faces (perceived as a challenge) and rough-handle the dogs. Younger kids will hit the dogs in the guise of petting them or will pull on their tails or ears.

I own a 18 pound miniature schauzer who is as sweet as sweet can be, and I will not let kids pet him unless I've directed them first, because he gets overly excited. Jonah will nip and leap at kids in play and I warn them before they approach him, because he could conceivably cause damage. I know the risks I take when removing a toy from his mouth - he allows me to do it because I am alpha, but if another dog or if a child that he doesn't consider alpha tried? Oh, he'd get mean and snappy real quick. And even that small, sweet-tempered little dog can bite hard and hurt when he doesn't intend to. He's broken the skin on my hand in play more than once.

My friend has a pittie that is the nicest, most well-behaved dog in the world. Very well trained, totally trusting and loving. She keeps him on a short leash in public and has trained him to avoid children (and he loves children more than homemade liver dog treats) because even if he sits and a child in the park approaches him, people freak out because of his breed and yell at my friend for bringing such a dangerous dog near their kids.

People are ignorant and rely on sensationalist half-truths to form their opinions. It's a real shame.

Last note - the meanest, scariest dog I ever saw in my life was a standard poodle. 80 pound dog. We'd just gotten Jonah and were in the pet store for the first time. Jonah was not well behaved on the leash, admittedly, but we had him on a short leash to keep him close. He was sitting at my feet when this poodle walked by, 4 ft away. Jonah never made a move towards the poodle for any reason and that animal LUNGED for Jonah, hair on end, ears back, clearly aggressive and growling and barking. His owner ignored it and allowed him a long lead and he continued to lunge for my dog. Then he snapped at me in my direction. Completely unprovoked. We had done nothing and had not paid any attention or made any moves towards the dog. I have never been more scared by a dog in my life. A freaking poodle! Not a well trained owner or dog - that dog should have been on a short leash and probably not allowed in public, displaying that level of aggression.

Buddy Holly
07-04-2007, 04:42 PM
I think we should ban jews, then the worlds problems will disappear.

- Mel Gibson on his Myspace.

mavs>spurs2
07-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Ban penises too, they cause unwanted pregnancies.

mavs>spurs2
07-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Ban medicine, overdosing kills.

mavs>spurs2
07-04-2007, 07:24 PM
We should also ban vehicles since people have died in car accidents.

TheSanityAnnex
07-04-2007, 08:18 PM
IMO, anybody who wants to own a dog should have to get a license. They should be required to pass basic courses that teach proper care and training before taking ownership.

Pit Bull or Pomeranian(have killed as well) it shouldn't matter.I agree with this to the fullest extent.

TheSanityAnnex
07-04-2007, 08:20 PM
However, the difficulty one has in controlling them makes shepherds and rotties better choices. Now go to your room!Interesting....................

http://www.lawdogsusa.org/home.html
(http://www.lawdogsusa.org/helpus.html)

TheSanityAnnex
07-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Who cares about their predisposition to bite humans and whether they are not inclined to do so? Pit Bulls have the ability to inflict serious damage. Maybe more than any other type of dog. I believe they are an inherently unstable dog. The generations upon generations of inbreeding for the specific purpose of fighting has taken a toll on their mental makeup imo.The generations upon generations of breeding for fighting has made their mental makeup the exact opposite of what you claim. Do some research on the subject before you state something as fact.

Opinionater
07-04-2007, 09:13 PM

IMHO, sometimes a law is necessary for those who don't know how to use common sense. Think about it.

sabar
07-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Ban pit bulls, it's the American way! We could just exterminate all natural wildlife too (well, we're doing that anyways, slowly). Then no one will be attacked and we can all live happily ever after!

Seriously now, ban the idiots and put real punishments on animal cruelty. Why is it that if you torture a dog and kill it it's a small fine? And roasting a kitten on a grill alive is once again, just a fine? Lock these maniacs up in prison for 20 years. I thought the whole point of the justice system and prison was to remove dangerous people from society, not fine them and say "don't do it again".

Now to unleash chaos: Guns accidents kill more innocent people that pit bulls kill innocent people.

Oh, but guns can save lives too, right? Well so can a dog. And gun accidents are the minority, right? But so are dog attacks too. But how many of you ban-happy socialists will admit that? None? How many of you even own a pet? Why are you letting your children run on a street alone? You worry about dog attacks, how about kidnappings?

Seriously, do people even think?

Who cares about their predisposition to bite humans and whether they are not inclined to do so? Pit Bulls have the ability to inflict serious damage. Maybe more than any other type of dog.

Do you even think, or do you just spout off the first thing that comes to mind? Obviously the latter, but everyone knows you just troll here at ST. Any animal has the ability to inflict serious damage, they all instinctively go for the throat, even a house cat.

Avitus1
07-05-2007, 01:17 AM
You cant ban a species of anything it would pointless. Might as well ban sharks from beaches. Humanitarians would never let this float even if it was doable to do in most places.

peewee's lovechild
07-05-2007, 03:26 AM
You cant ban a species of anything it would pointless. Might as well ban sharks from beaches. Humanitarians would never let this float even if it was doable to do in most places.

My point exactly.
But, some pea-brained fuck faced idiot couldn't see the point.

I still say we should sterilize all stupid fucks, to keep them from pro-creating.
That way, that fucking moron who talked shit to me would have never been born.

I'm pretty sure God wants this to happen.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-05-2007, 03:35 AM
Who cares about their predisposition to bite humans and whether they are not inclined to do so? Pit Bulls have the ability to inflict serious damage. Maybe more than any other type of dog. I believe they are an inherently unstable dog. The generations upon generations of inbreeding for the specific purpose of fighting has taken a toll on their mental makeup imo.should we start banning red necks as well then?

peewee's lovechild
07-05-2007, 03:41 AM
Ban penises too, they cause unwanted pregnancies.

NEVER SAY THIS EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PENISES ARE PEACEFULL ENTITIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Penises are not what's wrong with this world.
The problem is with vaginas.
Vaginas give you VD.

Vaginas are evil.

But, vaginas are ohhhhhhhhh sooooooooo goooooooood.

Can anybody spare a vagina for a lonely penis????

Send me a private message if you can spare a vagina.

tlongII
07-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Interesting....................

http://www.lawdogsusa.org/home.html
(http://www.lawdogsusa.org/helpus.html)

Weak. Sauce.

tlongII
07-05-2007, 07:23 AM
The generations upon generations of breeding for fighting has made their mental makeup the exact opposite of what you claim. Do some research on the subject before you state something as fact.

Most animal experts -- like San Francisco Department of Animal Care & Control Director Carl Friedman -- believe there's no proof that pit bulls are more inherently aggressive than other breeds. However, when they do attack, they are capable of doing tremendous damage. Bred to take down bulls 10 times their size, their strength and tenacity honed as illegal sport-fighting animals, pit bulls are the cheap protection of choice for drug dealers, criminals, pimps and those simply wanting a macho status symbol. To add to the misery, pit bulls, according to those working in animal rescue, are the most overbred and abused dog on the planet -- beaten, burned, starved, chained, forced to fight.

While many pit bulls are well-loved pets, it's hard to know which version is coming down the street. To many people, pit bulls are scary: "Frankenstein canines," as one legislator called them, with bulging chest and shoulder muscles, a brick-like snout and looming square head. With an estimated 1,200 pounds of force per square inch (according to the Journal of Trauma in 1989), a pit bull's jaw has 10 times the crushing power of those of other large dogs, including German Shepherds, Rottweilers and Dobermans. Pit bulls don't just bite, they clamp. In a few terrifying, frenzied moments, they can "de-glove" the flesh from a human arm, pull limbs off, penetrate clear through the abdomen, snap the body's largest bones.

TheSanityAnnex
07-05-2007, 02:46 PM
"Most animal experts -- like San Francisco Department of Animal Care & Control Director Carl Friedman -- believe there's no proof that pit bulls are more inherently aggressive than other breeds. However, when they do attack, they are capable of doing tremendous damage. Bred to take down bulls 10 times their size, their strength and tenacity honed as illegal sport-fighting animals, pit bulls are the cheap protection of choice for drug dealers, criminals, pimps and those simply wanting a macho status symbol. To add to the misery, pit bulls, according to those working in animal rescue, are the most overbred and abused dog on the planet -- beaten, burned, starved, chained, forced to fight."

What is your point? This is exactly what I've been saying all along.

I said they are no more aggressive than any other dog, unless trained to be. I said bad people get their hands on them to seem tougher and train them to fight. I said Pitbulls are abused by terrible owners.

Are you now agreeing with me? You were arguing that they were more inclined to bite humans, and this quote does nothing to backup your claim. You also said because they weren't able to be properly trained, police forces would never use them. I showed you proof that they make excellent police dogs, along with search and rescue dogs. You won't win this one by calling my rebuttals "weak sauce", sorry.

TheSanityAnnex
07-05-2007, 02:49 PM
"Because two handlers and a referee were in the pit with the dogs, the breed was selected for amazing stability; a calm, friendly manner with people - even under extreme pressure. Dogs which lashed out at humans, even strangers, while fighting or in pain were not tolerated. Amicability is the well bred American pit bull's heritage."

Anyone who says its nature over nurture is foolish.

TheSanityAnnex
07-05-2007, 02:52 PM
"There is no documented case where a single, neutered, household pit bull was the cause of a human fatality.” Karen Delise, Author of Fatal Dog Attacks