PDA

View Full Version : Metalheads.......

mardigan
07-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Thought I would follow Sannity's lead and make a thread for fans of the heavier music coming out, or older releases that people might have missed.
I recently picked up the new August Burns Red (heavy, dont know if its as heavy as their first), and the new All Shall Perish cd (one of the best metal albums Ive heard in awhile), and re-bought Candirias 300 Percent Density and Dillengers e.p. with Mike Patton Irony is a Dead Scene. The All Shall perish cd is a real good one, fans of all kinds of metal can check this one out, unless your into the 80's type of metal

Btw, dont know if anyone's going to Ozzfest (I wont be), but tickets are free supposedly and if you like the lineup (http://www.ozzfest.com/static_content/view/bands.html), check it out.

cornbread
07-03-2007, 07:49 PM
The new August Burns Red is very nice. I haven't heard of All Shall Parish. Describe them.

How about Between the Buried and Me "Alaska"? I've been hooked on that cd for months now. They need to come out with a new one soon.

mardigan
07-03-2007, 07:57 PM
New B.T.B.A.M comes out Sept 18th, tour to follow, new HORSE comes out August 28th. Glad you like that A.B.R cd C, good shit.
Dude, just trust me about the All Shall perish, when have I ever lead you astray?
Its kind of old Norma Jean meets Hatebreed meets older angry metal, Slayer or Sepultura ish at points, some of the vocals take a bit to get used to, as the singer goes from death to screamo to straight Cavalera style, but its a solid outing, you want me to email you a couple tracks?

Also, if you want to hear some crazy Finnish drinking metal complete with just about every instrument you could think of, check out Tervaskanto, the newest album from Korpiklaani, def not for everyone though

NorCal510
07-03-2007, 08:11 PM
punk rock u beezy

mardigan
07-03-2007, 08:18 PM

Condemned 2 HelLA
07-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Recommended listening:

Infernal War-"Redesekration: The Gospel of Hatred & the Apotheosis of Genocide"
Thunderbolt-"Apocalyptic Doom"
Angel Corpse-"Of Lucifer & Lightning"
Cirith Gorgor-S/T
Sigh-"Hangman's Hymn"
Glorior Belli-"Manifesting the Raging Beast"
Immolation-"Shadows in the Light"
Deathchain-"Cult of Death"

Only band worth seeing on OzzFest is Behemoth, and they're going to do some serious damage to their credibility playing this tour.

BeerIsGood!
07-04-2007, 03:25 AM
Ozzfest tickets were free, but they were already claimed back in mid June. You'd have to pay for some now, and although I would really like to see Ozzy with Zakk one last time I don't care for Ozzfest.

JoeChalupa
07-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Rock!!

cornbread
07-04-2007, 10:56 AM
I need to see Ozzie before he calls it quits. The way that guy has lived, he can't have too many more years left in him.

ZStomp
07-04-2007, 11:01 AM
I'll be at Ozzfest...I got me some free tickets. :tu

Spam
07-04-2007, 11:13 AM
About time.

mardigan
07-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Just picked up The Chariots newest album, pretty good so far, wish Norma Jean still sounded this heavy

Leetonidas
07-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Look at my sig...some of the best eurometal I've heard in a long, long time.

Fat Bones
07-11-2007, 03:25 PM
http://dhex.org/htbr/music/covers/Sleep-dopesmoker.jpgSleep-Dopesmoker (http://www.last.fm/music/Sleep)

Listening now; free download. Hevydootie.

mardigan
07-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Its not really metal at all, but the new Tomahawk album is fucking crazy

Leetonidas
07-11-2007, 03:33 PM
BTW, Between the Buried and Me along with All Shall Perish are more hardcore than metal.

mardigan
07-11-2007, 03:48 PM
BTW, Between the Buried and Me along with All Shall Perish are more hardcore than metal.
Im not going to get into the sub-names of all metal. It all started in the same place, so I dont really care if its thrash, metal, hardcore, blast or whatever, if its heavy and good it doesnt really make a difference to me.
And while All Shall Perish is more hardcore for sure, B.T.B.A.M are so diverse that I dont really try to label them,

Leetonidas
07-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Im not going to get into the sub-names of all metal. It all started in the same place, so I dont really care if its thrash, metal, hardcore, blast or whatever, if its heavy and good it doesnt really make a difference to me.
And while All Shall Perish is more hardcore for sure, B.T.B.A.M are so diverse that I dont really try to label them,
I get what you're saying. I don't really care much for hardcore music, but I only like a little bit of trash, like a little bit of The Black Dahlia Murder and stuff.

Medvedenko
07-12-2007, 02:38 PM
I love BTBAM and Dillinger Escape Plan...both have new albums coming out....
Also, High on Fire and Kylesa have been great lately. I'll check out the other bands on this list.

possessed
07-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Nile and Behemoth are the only bands worth seeing at Ozzfest.