PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the best of this deal?

Kori Ellis
12-07-2004, 03:16 AM
According to Chad Ford, the Warriors would send Dunleavy Jr to the Clippers. The Clippers would send Wilcox and Simmons to the Bulls. And the Bulls would send Curry to the Warriors.

Clippers deny it, but it's in the rumor mill.

It doesn't seem like the Clips would benefit at all. Simmons is playing much better than Dunleavy Jr. I guess they'd get the father-son coaching thing to market, but that's it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2004, 03:41 AM
As a fantasy owner of Bobby Simmons in particular, I would be seriously pissed if that trade went down.

Why can't the Clips leave it alone? They've won six of their last seven and Simmons has been a major part of that. What does Dunleavy Jr. give them? A candy ass who can't play ball in this league and someone who can tattle to daddy about what's said in the locker room?

Stupid, but that is the Clippers for ya....

Duncanoypi
12-07-2004, 06:57 AM
Send Dunleavy jr. straight up for Caveman...

Hi! im new here in this forum...(but a year in a half reading all your threads and post).Im Duncan's #1 fan in the Philippines...Solid spurs!

Kaster
12-07-2004, 07:08 AM
What a horrible trade, if true, for the Clips. While they're at it, why don't the Clips just waive Brand and make sure he signs with the Bulls for the vet minimum.

Warlord23
12-07-2004, 07:22 AM
Oh well, there goes any chance of a proper intra-LA rivalry...

But seriously, not even Elgin can be duped into that ...

or can he?

BigVee
12-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Great for the Bulls, terrible for the Warriors, and even worse for the Clippers.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2004, 12:52 PM
It's obvious that Dunleavy Sr. is behind this trade.

If I were Elgin, I'd tell him to STFU, and if he keeps pushing it I'd tell him to find somewhere else to coach.

This would go down as one of the all time dumbest trades in league history. Dunleavy's coaching ain't worth that.

ALVAREZ6
12-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Thats a pointless trade, none of the teams are getting that much out of it.

But if i had to pick, i'd say Chicago.

ggoose25
12-07-2004, 03:49 PM
AHF, I second that. Simmons is a stat stuffer, if they trade him I'll be pissed too. But leave it the Clippers to make shitty personnel decisions

Rynospursfan
12-07-2004, 05:00 PM
As much as Chicago would love to get rid of Curry I don't think this trade is ever going to happen. Clippers and Warriors would have to be crazy. Okay maybe there is a chance.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2004, 11:28 PM
Well it looks as though this may have teeth. Dunleavy played a team and season high 40 minutes and tossed up 18 shots tonight.

Farewell Bobby Simmons, thanks for the fantasy moments you have brought me :(

And farewell Clipper playoff hopes, just when I thought you were going to be the team in LA, one sorry ass coach has to go and break up his team for one sorry ass son while one sorry ass GM stands around with his thumb up his sorry ass

2centsworth
12-07-2004, 11:32 PM
No disrespect, but does it really matter if a few cruddy players are shuffled around on a few cruddy teams. They will all continue to suck.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Um, the Clippers were arguably the fourth hottest team in the west, behind SA, Phoenix, and Sacramento.

They have the league's #7 defense (4th best in the west), and are tied for SIXTH in the Western Conference with Minnesota.

The Clips have sucked in the past, but on the backs of Brand, Simmons, and Jaric they are playing some of the best ball in the league right now.

To think they are going to throw it away so that Dunleavy Sr. can get his scrub son from the Warriors is pathetic, and if I were Elgin Baylor I'd tell Poppa Mikey to go to hell.

mattyc
12-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Bulls are would-be winners. Wilcox can play and Simmons when used right can do the job.