PDA

View Full Version : oh my god...(pantera related thread)

Cant_Be_Faded
07-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Anyone who really likes or really hates pantera please click on this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmt0OBsI5tg

I had no idea, whatsoever, that pantera started out as a glamrock 80's band...no freaking idea whatsoever....they even had a different singer for their first two albums...no idea about that one either.
What is cool about this video is that Dimebag (complete with poofy permed 80's hair) still rocks out an amazing solo and even back then put 95% of all guitarists to shame.

cornbread
07-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Everybody has a past 'Faded. Everybody has a past.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-03-2007, 10:26 PM
It doesn't change my opinion of the band's work that I like but its just such an incredible mind blow. I had no idea at all they started out like this.

I guess, now that I think about it, I never thought much about what their first album was. Hmm....their singer back then blew, such a generic high pitched wailing 80's hair band voice. But Dimebag still did the damn thing.

ZStomp
07-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Yea...I remember reading that back in the day.

Zombie
07-03-2007, 10:37 PM
They changed when Phil joined the band. Sad thing is Phil caused the break up as well when they were about to Peak.

Spurminator
07-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Oh yeah some dude that HATES Pantera had (has?) a site dedicated to their 80's work, saying "See? They used to suck. Now don't you feel stupid for liking them?"

I had the Power Metal album downloaded at one point. Not half bad.

Well, half bad, but some decent parts.

leemajors
07-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Anyone who really likes or really hates pantera please click on this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmt0OBsI5tg

I had no idea, whatsoever, that pantera started out as a glamrock 80's band...no freaking idea whatsoever....they even had a different singer for their first two albums...no idea about that one either.
What is cool about this video is that Dimebag (complete with poofy permed 80's hair) still rocks out an amazing solo and even back then put 95% of all guitarists to shame.
i figured when you had no reply to my proud to be loud comment in that thread the other day - you can hear the past creep in cemetary GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATESSSSSSSSSS~!!!!!!!!!!! !!!. power metal baby!

ObiwanGinobili
07-03-2007, 10:56 PM
and ya know what? thats better then most 80's glam rock. they still kicked ass even at the shitty stuff.

leemajors
07-03-2007, 10:58 PM
It doesn't change my opinion of the band's work that I like but its just such an incredible mind blow. I had no idea at all they started out like this.

I guess, now that I think about it, I never thought much about what their first album was. Hmm....their singer back then blew, such a generic high pitched wailing 80's hair band voice. But Dimebag still did the damn thing.
please, he was Diamond Darrell in those days. Rex Rocker is the only one who kept his fresh name.

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre900/e911/e911369k30g.jpg

Zombie
07-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Can't be faded, did you know there were 2 Slayers at one time? There was a S.A Slayer and A L.A Slayer. they had a battle of the bands deal here and the San Antonio Slayer lost.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah I've heard about that legend. SA Slayer had to officially call themselves SA Slayer.

BeerIsGood!
07-04-2007, 12:03 AM
I remember my older cousin going to a glam Pantera show here in Dallas back in the 08's. I knew they started like that, but I've never actually heard any of it before this one today.

leemajors
07-04-2007, 12:53 AM
one of my good friends who loves pantera thinks their old shit is hilarious, and awesome. he made it his mission to get next to the stage in several pantera shows and scream for proud to be loud. i think phil told him to shut the fuck up once.

Zombie
07-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Yeah I've heard about that legend. SA Slayer had to officially call themselves SA Slayer.
I never heard of SA Slayer!
THey became Juggernaut.