gus
07-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Ole newspaper published today.

samikeyp
07-04-2007, 09:00 AM
his loss.

urunobili
07-04-2007, 09:04 AM
it seems pop and Buford think that Bonner and Butler is better than he is... our last chance to have an exiting new player next season... Nocioni...

Bruno
07-04-2007, 09:04 AM
http://www.ole.com.ar/notas/2007/07/04/01450435.html

Scola no va a SA

San Antonio acordó con Jacque Vaughn por dos años y con Fabricio Oberto por tres, según anunció el diario Express-News. También negocia con Matt Bonner, ya sin lugar para Luis Scola. Sólo queda que los Spurs canjeen los derechos a otro equipo, pero el ala pivote está cada día más cerca de seguir en el Tau Cerámica.

John Paxson, general manager de los Bulls, salió al cruce de algunas versiones que daban como casi seguro un cambio de Nocioni a otro equipo. "Su gente sabe que queremos renovarle. Sabemos que hay interés en él, cualquiera amaría tenerlo en su equipo, pero nosotros estamos intentando algo que funcione y, si es necesario, igualaremos la oferta", dijo. Los agentes de Chapu esperan una oferta para hoy.

ploto
07-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Unfortunately for the Spurs the thought of a trade of his rights to Chicago to facilitate Nocioni lessens with the availability of Darko to Chicago.

Bruno
07-04-2007, 09:07 AM
I doubt Paxson and Skiles are ready to give a lot of moeny to a player like Darko. For them, character and attitude are really important.

Bruno
07-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Can a spanish speaking poster translate the article, please ?

ploto
07-04-2007, 09:08 AM
I doubt Paxson and Skiles are ready to give a lot of moeny to a player like Darko. For them, character and attitude are really important.
Yeah, but there are rumblings.... Although there is talk they are still trying to get Gasol-- Nocioni has a lot of interest from the Griz.

Bruno
07-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Yeah, but there are rumblings.... Although there is talk they are still trying to get Gasol-- Nocioni has a lot of interest from the Griz.

We will see but I don't see Darko or Gasol with a Bulls jersey next year.
Darko because of his poor work ethic and Gasol because he will likely stay with Memphis and will never be traded for a Nocioni+Noah package.

And it doesn't change that Nocioni with a Spurs jersey next year is a long shot.

ArgSpursFan
07-04-2007, 09:15 AM
the article sais basically,that the spurs resigned J.V.,Fabri and Bonner and ¨they think¨(Ole) that it would be not place for Scola in the roster this year eather.
This is just something that this reporter thinks,not something that the spurs F.O or Scola said.

JPB
07-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Sólo queda que los Spurs canjeen los derechos a otro equipo, pero el ala pivote está cada día más cerca de seguir en el Tau Cerámica.

Translation :

Spurs may trade his rights to another team, but with days passing ,Scola is and more more likely to stay in TAU.

ArgSpursFan
07-04-2007, 09:25 AM
they just need something to talk about.Just like us.
But they´re just rumors that´s all.

JPB
07-04-2007, 09:28 AM

Yep,
just presumptions, no facts.

Solid D
07-04-2007, 09:29 AM
This is not an announcement with some new insight. The article is a collection of information leading to the conclusion that we all see before us as it stands today.
The information referenced in the article isn't as fresh as what we know today, actually:
1. Citing the S.A. Express-News, the Spurs are signing Jacque Vaughn for 2 more years, Fabricio Oberto for 3 more.
2. Spurs are negotiating with Matt Bonner, which would leave no room for Scola.
3. The only chance for Scola joining the NBA now is via a trade, otherwise the wing/pivot will likely play for Tau Ceramica.
4. Chapu Nocioni remains a free agent option that many teams would like to have but GM John Paxson will do what he can to resign Nocioni and, if necessary, match any offer for him. Chapu's agent awaits an offer.

ploto
07-04-2007, 09:32 AM
I think Scola only has until July 15. Right?

ArgSpursFan
07-04-2007, 09:33 AM
This is not an announcement with some new insight. The article is a collection of information leading to the conclusion that we all see before us as it stands today.
The information referenced in the article isn't as fresh as what we know today, actually:
1. Citing the S.A. Express-News, the Spurs are signing Jacque Vaughn for 2 more years, Fabricio Oberto for 3 more.
2. Spurs are negotiating with Matt Bonner, which would leave no room for Scola.
3. The only chance for Scola joining the NBA now is via a trade, otherwise the wing/pivot will likely play for Tau Ceramica.
4. Chapu Nocioni remains a free agent option that many teams would like to have but GM John Paxson will do what he can to resign Nocioni and, if necessary, match any offer for him. Chapu's agent awaits an offer.

Yeap,nothing new at all.We´ve been talking about it for at least two weeks now.

xmas1997
07-04-2007, 10:29 AM

Yup, couldn't have said it better myself! :reading

MmP
07-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Bullshit. That's just the newspaper opinion. There's still chances.

Oh, a warning to those who don't know the newspaper: don't take too serious their news, especially from basketball. Sometimes when they publish an article about Manu they referr to him as "the right handed"... :rolleyes

Strike
07-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Oh well.

waly.mg
07-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Olé = Hoopsworld = Bull Shit

Sam
07-04-2007, 10:52 AM
it seems pop and Buford think that Bonner and Butler is better than he is... our last chance to have an exiting new player next season... Nocioni...
They don't think Butler is better. He's trade bait. But they can't get Scola out of his contract for what they want to pay.

wildbill2u
07-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Supposedly the item about Chicago keeping Nocioni is a quote:

Roghly translated: 'we know there is interest from other teams but we want to keep him and will try to sign him. If there is another offer, we will match it.'

Even if if that is a direct quote, I doubt it will tamp down the 'sign Nocioni now' bunch here.

ZStomp
07-04-2007, 12:21 PM
The hell you say! :lmao

L.I.T
07-04-2007, 12:22 PM
And the beat goes on...

Brutalis
07-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Retarded.

bigdog
07-04-2007, 12:50 PM
we all knew Scola wasn't gonna come over this year. I don't even want him anymore, and I never really wanted him. I think we can get something pretty good in return for him.

TDMVPDPOY
07-04-2007, 01:01 PM
theres still hope

i believe.......

ploto
07-04-2007, 01:01 PM
they can't get Scola out of his contract for what they want to pay.

But they will gladly pay that amount to Elson last year and Bonner this year.

exstatic
07-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Because they don't have a buyout. That kind of distorts the whole process. He needs more money than a speculative Euro league commodity should command.

fuckespn
07-04-2007, 01:37 PM
is ian coming over?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2007, 01:39 PM
I doubt it.

K-State Spur
07-04-2007, 02:21 PM

who says he is willing to come over for that contract? what proof do we have that he doesn't want the entire MLE?

Ariel
07-04-2007, 02:30 PM
who says he is willing to come over for that contract? what proof do we have that he doesn't want the entire MLE?
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA070706.1D.BKNspurs.scola.1300a8f.html

Scola is seeking a three-year contract worth between $9 million and $10 million, about a third of which would go to paying the $3.5 million buyout he has with Tau.

T Park
07-04-2007, 02:36 PM
3 years 9 million? :lol

He wants what Oberto makes, and hasn't proven shit in the NBA?

Fuck off Scola.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2007, 02:39 PM
3 years/$9M would have been a great deal for Scola, especially if the third year was team option. But, obviously the Spurs don't want him enough to pay him that money.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2007, 02:40 PM
3 years 9 million? :lol

He wants what Oberto makes, and hasn't proven shit in the NBA?

Fuck off Scola.

You realize Oberto got 3years/$8M on his first contract without proving anything in the NBA too. And Scola has proven himself more internationally that Oberto had. 3years/$9M would have been very reasonable for Scola.

Ariel
07-04-2007, 02:42 PM
You realize Oberto got 3years/$8M on his first contract without proving anything in the NBA too. And Scola has proven himself more internationally that Oberto had. 3years/$9M would have been very reasonable for Scola.
Adding to that:

Calderon: 3 years, $7+ million (2 years ago)
Oberto: 3 years, $7.5 million (2 years ago)
Nocioni: 3 years, $8+ million (3 years ago)
Garbajosa: 3 years, $12+ million (1 year ago)
Anthony Parker: 3 years, $13 million (1 year ago)

If anything, I think his asking price is below market value.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Adding to that:

Calderon: 3 years, $7+ million (2 years ago)
Oberto: 3 years, $7.5 million (2 years ago)
Nocioni: 3 years, $8+ million (3 years ago)
Garbajosa: 3 years, $12+ million (1 year ago)
Anthony Parker: 3 years, $13 million (1 year ago)

If anything, I think his asking price is below market value.

True. That's why I'm saying that if he really only wanted 3 years/$9M, then that was very reasonable. Obviously, the Spurs didn't want him here badly enough to pay that.

T Park
07-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Well, if you could somehow trade Elson wich doesnt look likely for some ungodknown reason, then you bring in Scola.

I didn't realize Oberto made that much.

Scola has droppd his demands down obviously.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Well, if you could somehow trade Elson wich doesnt look likely for some ungodknown reason, then you bring in Scola.

I think that's how much Scola has been asking for the last few years.

Ariel
07-04-2007, 02:57 PM

That was last year. This year I'm not sure they'll even sit down and listen to him anyway, considering there's simply no room for him after the return of Oberto, Horry and Bonner.

And BTW, the year before last, when the Spurs came out saying the buyout was like $14+ million, that was a half truth. I remember reading on Olé that Scola said that though that was the actual number, Tau was willing to let him go for about the same $3.5M figure. Make of that what you will.

BeerIsGood!
07-04-2007, 04:53 PM
ungodknown reason = Elson has zero trade value

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-04-2007, 05:17 PM
wow, what a shock

Scola not coming

batman2883
07-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Scola = greatest spurs player to never wear a spurs uniform

Steve-O-Matic
07-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Jul 4 - The Bulls are interested in acquiring the rights to Spanish league power forward Luis Scola from San Antonio. Andres Nocioni is not likely to be involved in a trade to the Spurs. The Bulls may offer Chris Duhon if he is not included in a larger deal. -- Arlington Heights Daily Herald

Mr. Body
07-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Duhon for Scola would blow, IMO - but I guess only if he's sure to come to the US. I don't see any reason to enrich a conference title contender, even if it is the East, for a back-up point guard.