PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Still Eye Gasol For Nocioni

Sam
07-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Could Bulls forward Andres Nocioni be on his way to Memphis in a trade for Pau Gasol?

A league source suggested any talks between the Bulls and Grizzlies are in the preliminary stages. But Memphis general manager Chris Wallace flew to Argentina in recent days to meet with Nocioni, sources confirmed.

One theory is the Bulls would be willing to send Nocioni, first-round draft pick Joakim Noah, backup point guard Chris Duhon and filler to the Grizzlies in exchange for the 7-foot Gasol, who averaged 20.8 points and 9.8 rebounds last season.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bulls.asp?id=328635

leemajors
07-04-2007, 10:49 AM
i can't imagine nocioni would want to go to memphis.

K-State Spur
07-04-2007, 11:07 AM
The Chicago writers seem to be ignoring that Nocioni does have some say in that.

dbestpro
07-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Won't happen. Memphis signed Navarro to ease Gasol on wanting a trade. Memphis will offer Nocioni 6 mil per with the belief that the Bulls will not match. The Bulls will most likely match and try to trade for inside scoring.

Sam
07-04-2007, 11:11 AM
If I was Memphis I would see about getting Noah and Deng/Gordon plus whatever money or players were needed to make the deal.

exstatic
07-04-2007, 11:22 AM
If I was Memphis I would see about getting Noah and Deng/Gordon plus whatever money or players were needed to make the deal.
Which means Memphis will never see Noccioni. Deng is the centerpiece/future of their franchise. Chicago has made that pretty clear by refusing to trade him in past Garnett scenarios. Why would they let him go for the whining Gasol?

bigfan
07-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Id tell the Bulls to keep Noah, I think this guy is going to be a huge bust.

K-State Spur
07-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Id tell the Bulls to keep Noah, I think this guy is going to be a huge bust.

Well it depends on what you mean by 'bust.' I personally expect him to be a poor man's Marcus Camby (although I do admit he has enough upside to be better than that) - that wouldn't be an awful result for the #9 player in the draft.

KingJames
07-04-2007, 01:51 PM
As a Lebron's fan,I don't want it be ture...