PDA

View Full Version : Darko to Bulls?....Nocioni UFA?

texasqb2
07-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Per Chad Ford........

Now, any team in the league can sign Milicic without fear of the Magic matching an offer. Only three teams, the Bobcats, Grizzlies and Bucks, have the cap room available to offer more than the mid-level exception. A fourth team, the Chicago Bulls, might be able to clear enough room if they were to renounce their rights to free agent Andres Nocioni.

Darkwaters
07-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Old news.

Mark in Austin
07-04-2007, 11:46 AM
The Bulls already have Wallace and Noah - they need somebody who can score from the post. At this point, Darko's main value is for his defensive abilities/potential. They're not going to spend 8-10 million on a giant question mark when they have to pay Gordan and Deng next summer.

(Kwame Brown's getting paid 9 million next year by LA - and he's the closest to Darko in terms of potential/unfulfilled expectations/position. Ugh.)

Bruno
07-04-2007, 11:48 AM
First, I don't think Bulls will offer a big contract to Darko and his poor work ethic.
Second, Bulls renouncing to Nocioni is a bad news for Spurs.

ploto
07-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Not that it matters but Darko is actually a nice player of offense.

texasqb2
07-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Not that it matters but Darko is actually a nice player of offense.

I think he is a better defender......fits the Spurs pretty nice...the article actually at the bottom reads......

If Milicic does decide to sign a mid-level deal, expect the teams like Philadelphia and San Antonio that will have signficant cap room to re-sign him in the summer of 2008.

Vito Corleone
07-04-2007, 02:06 PM
offensively he has the tools and that jump hook that can help him average 12 to 14 pts per game. defensively he is a great shot blocker. He is not a great rebounder and until he gets a little attitude he will never be one.

As another poster has said, he has the ability but the head and heart of beno.

The only real question is can he change? I like to point to guys like Billups because was a complete bust until he latched on to Detroit, now he is a premier PG in the league.

If Darko wanted to come to San Antonio for a 1 year deal and earn the right to play for a real one, I would be all for bringing him in, but I doubt he goes for that if teams are going to toss major dollars at him.

Dalamar_the_Dark
07-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Sit and wait. I dont think any team will throw stupid money at him. Let's just hope nobody signs him and he decides to take a one year deal at 5 million. If it happens like this, I dont mind.