PDA

View Full Version : Suns land Hill

Pages : [1] 2

mcdunk
07-05-2007, 11:45 AM
By John Denton
FLORIDA TODAY
ORLANDO _ Grant Hill, whose seven years in Orlando were marred by crippling injuries to his ankle and abdomen, informed the Magic today that he is leaving to sign a free-agent contract with the Phoenix Suns.

Hill confirmed Thursday morning that he was leaving and said he would discuss the matter more later today. Check back with FLORIDA TODAY.com today for updates.

Because of the injuries that robbed so much of the prime of his career, Hill played in just 200 of a possible 574 games in his seven years in Orlando. He missed 65.1 percent of the games with the Magic.

Hill, whose $92.88 million contract with the Magic expired on July 1, will sign a one-year deal for the veteran minimum of $1.2 million. The deal can't be officially signed until July 1, the first day contracts become official.

The soon-to-be 35-year-old guard/forward will be joining a Suns team looking get past San Antonio and Dallas in the Western Conference and play for a championship during two-time MVP Steve Nash’s prime. Hill has never been on a team that has won a playoff series in his 13-year NBA career.

Hill will likely replace Raja Bell in the Suns’ starting lineup at shooting guard. He could shift to his natural position, small forward, if Phoenix trades Shawn Marion as rumored.

Hill briefly flirted with retirement after the Magic were swept out of the playoffs by the Detroit Pistons. But after working as an analyst for ABC at The NBA Finals, Hill decided he wanted to make one more push at chasing a championship. San Antonio, Miami, Dallas, the Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando pursued Hill this offseason.

Unlike in 2000, when Hill visited Orlando on the first day of the free-agent courting period and committed verbally to the Magic two days later, he stayed at his Orlando home this time and communicated with teams. He heard pitches from the Spurs, Mavericks and Heat over the course of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. It was his conversation with new Suns general manager Steve Kerr on Tuesday that led to him picking Phoenix.

Magic general manager Otis Smith said repeatedly that he wanted Hill back. And Hill’s hopes of returning seemed to spike last week when he met with new coach Stan Van Gundy, who told Hill he felt he could still play a vital role on the Magic.

That might have changed Tuesday when the Magic got a verbal commitment from 6-foot-10 small forward Rashard Lewis, the most coveted free agent on the market.

Hill arrived in Orlando as a free agent in 2000 to much hype and hope, but a broken left ankle soon soured those feelings. He played just four games his first season, 14 in the second and 29 in the third _ all of them ending with surgeries.

He missed all of the 2003-04 season when following a radical surgery in which Hill’s ankle and heel were broken purposely and realigned. But it was following that surgery that Hill contracted a nasty staph infection in his left leg. His fever spiked to 104.5 degrees and his body went into convulsions. Doctors eventually got his fever under control and had to replace veins in his lower left leg with ones from his upper arm.

He made a triumphant return in 2004-05, playing 67 games and making the all-star team while averaging 19.7 points a game.

But misfortune struck again when Hill tore muscles in his groin region and the subsequent sports hernia limited him to just 21 games as the Magic missed the playoffs yet again.

This past season, Hill made it all the way to the end of the season healthy for the first time since 1999. Despite being limited in back-to-back sets of games and rarely ever practicing, Hill averaged 14.4 points and led the Magic to the playoffs for the first time in four years.

http://forums.floridatoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=41142&sid=e528a6ec839aefda3ff7cd74fc149dd7

degenerate_gambler
07-05-2007, 11:46 AM
good...let 'em have him.

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't see what Hill will do to help Phoenix get past the Spurs. Am I missing something?

L.I.T
07-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Oook...if they are expecting Hill to be their missing piece...well dayum.

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Go suns, now you have your missing piece, lol

timvp
07-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Hill probably helps the Suns against Dallas. Against the Spurs, I don't see it.

Marion on Parker
Bell on Ginobili
Stoudemire on Duncan
Hill on Bowen
Nash on Oberto? :lol

JamStone
07-05-2007, 11:52 AM
And, so the saga continues of Grant Hill trying to mimic the career of his good friend, Penny Hardaway ...

Ed Helicopter Jones
Congrats on the Suns for signing Jalen Rose's replacement! Hopefully Grant Hill can be as good of a contributor as Rose had been.

PM5K
He really owed it to Orlando to stay, for the absolute minimum, he's not a great player but for that price he could have helped an already improving team...

Darkwaters
07-05-2007, 11:54 AM
2007 Grant Hill = 2006 Jalen Rose

Washed up, worn out vet that will do nothing to contribute to the Suns winning a championship.

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 11:55 AM
"Hill, whose $92.88 million contract with the Magic expired on July 1..."

Didn't the Spurs pursue Hill at that time?

dbestpro
07-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Bad news for the Suns. There hopes of passing us now rests on a 35 year old player whose injury status is legendary. Even a minimum contract is going to cost the Suns. It's another great day to be a Spur's fan.

Kiss the ring. Er, uh I mean rings.

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 11:58 AM
"Hill, whose $92.88 million contract with the Magic expired on July 1..."

Didn't the Spurs pursue Hill at that time?

No, we were trying to sign Tim

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 11:58 AM
http://www.devynns.com/pictures/Ove-%20the-Hill-Birthday-Flowers-and%20-Balloon-Bouquet.jpg

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Suns get Hill
Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Jul. 5, 2007 09:22 AM

Grant Hill will be a Sun.

Hill's agent, Lon Babby said that Hill told Phoenix today that he would join the Suns in his quest or a championship. There is a moratorium on free agent signings until Wednesday.

Hill was offered the Suns' biennial exception, which will pay him $1.83 million in the coming season and give him a player option to return at $1.97 million for 2008-09. Coming off a seven-year, $92 million contract with Orlando, money was not his biggest lure to Phoenix.

"He established a number of criteria," Babby said. "His opportunity to contribute to a championship would be on the top of the list. He really thought it through and was diligent and concluded this is the best opportunity for his career. He's very, very excited about it."

Hill was drawn by the chance to be on a title contender and an important playing role on a team that fits the 6-foot-8 swingman's versatile style. Hill, who will turn 35 in October, could start for Phoenix with Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Shawn Marion and Amaré Stoudemire. He also will give Suns Coach Mike D'Antoni another facilitator to help run the offense when Steve Nash is resting.

"The opportunity described to him is consistent with what he's looking for," Babby said. "He's not someone looking for anything granted to him but more that he'd have the opportunity to start."

Hill chose Phoenix over Detroit, Orlando, San Antonio, Miami and Dallas. Hill heard phone pitches from each team this week, talking to Suns General Manager Steve Kerr and Coach Mike D'Antoni on Tuesday. He also spoke to Steve Nash at some point, Babby said.

Hill is coming off one of his healthiest season after an Orlando stay plagued by injuries. He has undergone five surgeries on his left ankle, including one that led to a life-threatening staph infection. He also underwent hernia surgery in the fall of 2005.

Hill bounced back last season, just as he did to make the 2005 All-Star Game after rebounding from a four-year battle with ankle injuries that caused him to miss all but 47 of 328 games. Last season, Hill played in 65 games and finished a season in uniform, rather than a suit or a hospital, for the first in Orlando.

"His health is fine," Babby said. "There is every expectation that he will be healthy."

He averaged 14.4 points last season on 51.8 percent shooting and played 30.9 minutes per game. When he has played, Hill has shot 49 percent or better in the past four seasons but he does not have three-point range. Once one of the league's best rebounding swingmen, Hill averaged a career-low 3.6 rebounds last season.

But Phoenix relishes his versatility, court smarts, high character and late-career motivation to win a championship. Hill had pondered retiring before working the NBA Finals for ABC made him want to pursue a championship. His teams have never advanced past the first round in five playoff appearances, including Orlando's first-round sweep to Detroit in April.

Babby said it helped the Suns' chances to have assistant Alvin Gentry on staff. Gentry coached in Detroit for five of Hill's seasons there, including 2 1/2 years that Gentry served as Hill's head coach.

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 12:04 PM
over/under on the date Hill breaks a knee, or ankle, or suffers a season ending injury?

L.I.T
07-05-2007, 12:06 PM
over/under on the date Hill breaks a knee, or ankle, or suffers a season ending injury?

One week. Snaps his thumb signing the contract. *pop*

O-Factor
Suns get Hill
Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

da_suns_fan__
He's a huge upgrade over James Jones. A guy who's great at creating his own shot and his amazing basketball IQ is never a bad thing to have...especially when he's not being counted on to carry a team.

angel_luv
Wow. I wonder how he will fit in with the Suns style- think he can keep up?

Darkwaters
http://www.bobpazsignshop.com/images/OldFartXingL394.jpg

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Grant Hill will look great in purple in gold. And he cost them very little. Nice signing Kerr!

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 12:07 PM
first day at full speed and he'll lose a limb

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 12:08 PM
First day in Phoenix he'll come down with sunburn and have to miss the first two months of the season.

Darkwaters
07-05-2007, 12:09 PM
He's a huge upgrade over James Jones. A guy who's great at creating his own shot and his amazing basketball IQ is never a bad thing to have...especially when he's not being counted on to carry a team.

For the veteran's minimum hes probably a really savvy signing. And considering the Suns usually play a 7 man rotation anyways it probably won't hurt them to lose him for 3/4 of the season. I just can't wait to see defensive lineups of Hill, Nash and Stoudemire together.

TwoHandJam
07-05-2007, 12:10 PM
So Hill wants to be a starter. At least he can take comfort in the fact that D'Antoni doesn't overplay his starters. They averaged say, only 38 mpg or something? No problem. Hill should be fine. After all, the practices are light right?

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 12:10 PM
For the veteran's minimum hes probably a really savvy signing. And considering the Suns usually play a 7 man rotation anyways it probably won't hurt them to lose him for 3/4 of the season. I just can't wait to see defensive lineups of Hill, Nash and Stoudemire together.

triangle defense? it's just crazy enough to work

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Spurs fans are definately scared...all these posts about someone they pretend not to care about!!!
:lol :lol

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 12:12 PM
first day of practice Hill gets eaten by coyotes (or wolves, or whatever they have in AZ) walking from his car to the practice facility

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Spurs fans are definately scared...all these posts about someone they pretend not to care about!!!

yeah, sure we are.....what an idiot

VaSpursFan
07-05-2007, 12:13 PM
seriously speaking, how are suns fans excited about this? i don't see how this helps you at all. grant is a smart player but his body continually fails him which makes his addition silly if he expects to log big minutes. they're actually talking about starting him...wow.

King
07-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Hill will likely replace Raja Bell in the Suns’ starting lineup at shooting guard.

Interesting

timvp
Hill, who will turn 35 in October, could start for Phoenix with Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Shawn Marion and Amaré Stoudemire.

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Oh, Gee!!

KG/Amare combo scares me, not Grant Hill.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-05-2007, 12:22 PM
:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

:lol

michaelwcho
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm not seeing how Hill would replace Bell in the starting lineup. On one hand we have a guy who can nail open 3's, is decently athletic, and a defensive beast; the other one can't hit 3's, is old and broken-down, and isn't known for his defense. Which one of these would be the starter now?

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
He creates matchup problems for the Spurs the same way Joe Johnson did two years ago.

You don't have to worry about guys like Raja Bell, Shawn Marion or James Jones offensively cuz they're completely dependent on Nash for most of their offense.

So the Spurs put Bowen on Nash. But who's going to cover Hill? Finley? Barry? Horry?

He can easily take those guys off the dribble. Its a matchup nightmare for any team.

ATRAIN
07-05-2007, 12:25 PM

Too bad he will never play being hurt all the damn time. You guys are idiots!!

Switchman
07-05-2007, 12:27 PM
It is going to feel so good knocking the Suns out next season again.

Hopefully Horry can knock Amarie into the Sun's Coach this time.

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 12:28 PM
He can easily take those guys off the dribble.

Not without losing a hip

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 12:31 PM
He creates matchup problems for the Spurs the same way Joe Johnson did two years ago.

You don't have to worry about guys like Raja Bell, Shawn Marion or James Jones offensively cuz they're completely dependent on Nash for most of their offense.

So the Spurs put Bowen on Nash. But who's going to cover Hill? Finley? Barry? Horry?

He can easily take those guys off the dribble. Its a matchup nightmare for any team.

:lmao

You obviously haven't seen him play in a while.

Plus, whatever the Spurs give up to him, they get right back. Who does he guard if Nash is on Oberto? :lol

Findog
07-05-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't see what Hill will do to help Phoenix get past the Spurs. Am I missing something?

Assuming he can stay healthy, he can run the offense when Nash is getting a breather. I predict about 60 games played.

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 12:33 PM

PHX scouts were probably watching old tapes thinking "we gotta sign this kid!"

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 12:34 PM

Plus, whatever the Spurs give up to him, they get right back. Who does he guard if Nash is on Oberto? :lol

Oberto?

Huh? You mean if Nash is on Bowen? Well, Im sure he'd do a much better job defending Finley, Barry and Horry than they would do on him.

That is, if Horry doesn't retire.

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Oberto?

Well, Im sure he'd do a much better job defending Finley, Barry and Horry than they would do on him.

HA, bullshit!

bigfan
07-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Hill is a good guy and a pretty good player too. Im glad he went to the Suns though because he will certainly want to take minutes from one of their younger guys like Bell, who I think is a better player right now. Hope he stays uninjured.

Findog
07-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Assuming he stays healthy, he's essentially taking James Jones' place in their seven man rotation. That's an upgrade, but he hasn't played in more than 65 games since leaving D-Town. Plus, he's a defensive liability, something a team like San Antonio can exploit. He doesn't get them past the Spurs.

The Suns best shot is hoping the Mavs take out the Spurs on one side of the bracket because they match up better against Dallas.

florige
07-05-2007, 12:39 PM

Maybe if the name Garnett was posted there instead of Hill maybe. This signing doesnt bother me at all. I guess this is the antidote for the Garnett debacle falling through. :lol

Budkin
07-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Hmm... this seems all too familiar a situation to Penny Hardaway. Enjoy the injuries Suns. I'm glad the Magic don't have to deal with that shit anymore.

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Assuming he stays healthy, he's essentially taking James Jones' place in their seven man rotation. That's an upgrade, but he hasn't played in more than 65 games since leaving D-Town. Plus, he's a defensive liability, something a team like San Antonio can exploit. He doesn't get them past the Spurs.

The Suns best shot is hoping the Mavs take out the Spurs on one side of the bracket because they match up better against Dallas.

you'd like that wouldn't you?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Oberto?

Huh? You mean if Nash is on Bowen? Well, Im sure he'd do a much better job defending Finley, Barry and Horry than they would do on him.

Assume Grant Hill starts.

1. Who does he start over?

2. Who guards who for Phoenix?

Parker
Finley
Bowen
Duncan
Oberto

You're beating your chest about mismatches. One of Nash or Hill will be guarding Oberto. :lol That's a layup every freakin' time for SA.

Findog
07-05-2007, 12:44 PM
you'd like that wouldn't you?

Well, seeing as how I'm a Mavericks fan, that's not a big revelation, is it? Nor is it a stretch for that outcome to be borne out, as past history would indicate.

Mavericks are the ultimate Jekkyl and Hyde team when it comes to the playoffs. We'll see what happens next year.

ATRAIN
07-05-2007, 12:44 PM

I am more afraid of your stupid Gorilla mascot than I am of HIll. Hill should be scared of

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6522/grantnashht2.jpg

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Assume Grant Hill starts.

1. Who does he start over?

2. Who guards who for Phoenix?

Parker
Finley
Bowen
Duncan
Oberto

You're beating your chest about mismatches. One of Nash or Hill will be guarding Oberto. :lol That's a layup every freakin' time for SA.

Parker - Bell (all nba-defense 1st team)
Finley - Grant Hill
Bowen - Steve Nash
Duncan - Amare Stoudemire
Oberto - Shawn Marion

Too easy. Next?

leemajors
07-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Finley - Grant Hill
Bowen - Steve Nash
Oberto - Shawn Marion

Too easy. Next?
bell can't guard parker.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 12:55 PM
bell can't guard parker.

Not too worried about that. We'll take our chances.

LavaLamp
07-05-2007, 12:55 PM
After signing Hill, I wonder who has the oldest team now (on average)? Suns or Spurs. :)

Seriously though, it's gotta suck to have been injury plagued during one's prime years. Either he is just unlucky or he is a klutz. You tell me.

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 12:56 PM
he's the ken griffey, jr. of the nba

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 12:56 PM
After signing Hill, I wonder who has the oldest team now (on average)? Suns or Spurs. :LOL

Seriously though, it's gotta suck to have been injury plagued during one's prime years. Either he is just unlucky or he is a klutz. You tell me.

Sucks that it happened to such a character guy too.

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Finley - Grant Hill
Bowen - Steve Nash
Oberto - Shawn Marion

Too easy. Next?

Duncan(All-NBA DEF First Team)
Bowen(All-NBA DEF First Team)

Correct yourself asshole

You are right about one thing, it is too easy for the Spurs.

LavaLamp
07-05-2007, 12:59 PM
About the only one who can guard Parker is those Alien thingies that stick to your face and wrap its tail around your neck.

Zarko
07-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Don't see why everyone is hating on the Suns signing Hill. He is a solid pick up for the vet min. The spurs have been picking up role players like this for years now. Its amazing that we criticize other teams for trying to surround their core with veterans. If anything, we provided them the blueprint for how to win!

That said, he will be a cog in the wheel there. Not an all star, but he can contribute good minutes.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Finley - Grant Hill
Bowen - Steve Nash
Oberto - Shawn Marion

Too easy. Next?

You're right, Spurs would sweep in four.

Bell couldn't stay in front of Parker this year, and that was before Tony rocked the Finals and got even more confidence :lol

Amare guarding Duncan? Your coach doesn't have the balls for that. He puts Marion on Tim, and Tim abuses him.

Fuck, do you even watch your team play?

I'd love to see Hill on Finley too, Finley has a nice little middle to low block post up game, and Hill would be the perfect defender for Fin to abuse down there.

But hey, look at the bright side - more scores for the opposition means more chances for your team to get out and run :rollin

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Don't see why everyone is hating on the Suns signing Hill. He is a solid pick up for the vet min. The spurs have been picking up role players like this for years now. Its amazing that we criticize other teams for trying to surround their core with veterans. If anything, we provided them the blueprint for how to win!

That said, he will be a cog in the wheel there. Not an all star, but he can contribute good minutes.

Uh, the difference is the Spurs actually pick up guys who won't break down by the end of the season, unlike Hill.

Avitus1
07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
What Phx should focus on is getting rid of there coach if they want to win a title.

Testing
07-05-2007, 01:04 PM
I don't understand, hes supposed to take over Bell's spot in the lineup? That's a major downgrade on defense. That'd be like bowen coming off the bench...your under utilizing one of your primary strengths.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 01:04 PM
You're right, Spurs would sweep in four.

Bell couldn't stay in front of Parker this year, and that was before Tony rocked the Finals and got even more confidence :lol

Amare guarding Duncan? Your coach doesn't have the balls for that. He puts Marion on Tim, and Tim abuses him.

Fuck, do you even watch your team play?

I'd love to see Hill on Finley too, Finley has a nice little middle to low block post up game, and Hill would be the perfect defender for Fin to abuse down there.

But hey, look at the bright side - more scores for the opposition means more chances for your team to get out and run :rollin

So you are abandoning your argument that Hill will have to guard Oberto.

Thank you very much. OWNED!

Btw - I VERY much like the Suns chances in a Hill vs. Finley matchup.

BillsCarnage
07-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Grant Hill will look great in purple in gold. And he cost them very little. Nice signing Kerr!

WTF?!?!? Purple and GOLD???

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 01:08 PM

So Hill is your missing piece huh? LOLOLOL. Gotta love idiot Suns fans. They are the best whiny ignorant fans ever! :lol :lol :lol

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Uh, the difference is the Spurs actually pick up guys who won't break down by the end of the season, unlike Hill.

well, the Spurs would have signed Hill too for the price

VaSpursFan
07-05-2007, 01:12 PM

we would have signed him as a role player, not a starter. PHX is actually considering starting grant hill despite his fragility.

SpursFanInAustin
07-05-2007, 01:14 PM

Only difference is that Spurs would be signing Hill to be the 10th or 11th man, Suns are signing him to start or even be in the rotation.

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 01:16 PM
we would have signed him as a role player, not a starter. PHX is actually considering starting grant hill despite his fragility.

Only difference is that Spurs would be signing Hill to be the 10th or 11th man, Suns are signing him to start or even be in the rotation.

AHF said Spurs don't sign players that would break down physically even as "role players." They would have signed Hill up as a role player for the price.

picnroll
07-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Wow. Are the Suns really planning to start Hill and put Raja on the bench to start games? That makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe they just have to tell Hill he's going to start to get him to sign then once the season starts and it obviuosly isn't working put Bell back in as the starter. I mean is not exactly as if the Suns have Howard and Darko covering Hill's ass on defense.

SpursFanInAustin
07-05-2007, 01:19 PM
AHF said Spurs don't sign players that would break down physically even as "role players." They would have signed Hill up as a role player for the price.

I don't even consider 10th-12th men as even role players, they're scrubs who only play in mop up time.

Findog
07-05-2007, 01:21 PM
I don't even consider 10th-12th men as even role players, they're scrubs who only play in mop up time.

Hill would've gotten a bigger role than that for the spurs.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Wow. Are the Suns really planning to start Hill and put Raja on the bench to start games? That makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe they just have to tell Hill he's going to start to get him to sign then once the season starts and it obviuosly isn't working put Bell back in as the starter. I mean is not exactly as if the Suns have Howard and Darko covering Hill's ass on defense.

I think the orlando writer just did very little research.

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 01:22 PM

Spurs wouldn't sign Hill just to ride pine with Beno all season, he'd be a contributor

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 01:23 PM
WTF?!?!? Purple and GOLD???

Sacrilege!! I must be spending too much time on the Laker boards. I aplogize to all Suns fans!!!

mowgli
07-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Hill is not the piece Phoenix needed to beat the Spurs. Maybe the Mavs.

sa_butta
07-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Just another statue for Parker to blow by. Will he actually play the whole season??

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 01:30 PM

Not abandoning my argument. Knowing your sorry coach, when he's getting burned by those matchups he will get 'creative' and try and switch things up.

Or, the painfully obvious fact that Phoenix switches on the pick and roll (in those instances where it actually doesn't let the guard come clean with no one guarding him :lol), and it would be easy to force a Hill on Oberto matchup with a simple Finley - Oberto pick and roll.

You don't own anything, except a team with one more horrible defender and a coach who will never get Phoenix out of the west.

:hat

beirmeistr
07-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Nice signing by Steve kerr. But the Suns are going to have to pay a high price if one of the stipulations of the signing is that Hill be a starter. He is probably too old for the Suns' tempo. If Hill were smart, he would agree to be a bench player.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Not abandoning my argument. Knowing your sorry coach, when he's getting burned by those matchups he will get 'creative' and try and switch things up.

Or, the painfully obvious fact that Phoenix switches on the pick and roll (in those instances where it actually doesn't let the guard come clean with no one guarding him :lol), and it would be easy to force a Hill on Oberto matchup with a simple Finley - Oberto pick and roll.

You don't own anything, except a team with one more horrible defender and a coach who will never get Phoenix out of the west.

:hat

So your NEW argument is that the Spurs will force an Oberto-Hill isolation off of pick and rolls?

I would LOVE to see a FINLEY-OBERTO pick and roll!!!

POPOVIC! Sign this guy to your staff! HURRY!

Btw - youre just making yourself look stupid. Youre trying to back-pedal out of your original argument that either Nash or Hill would have to guard Oberto. Now you are saying that Hill will have to guard Oberto off pick n rolls with Finley...but everyone will have to, at some point, guard everyone using that philosophy!

What else you got?

CaptainLate
07-05-2007, 01:46 PM

You ain't missing anything.

Replace Raja Bell (their "D" specialist)? The Suns need more starters who can play "D". Besides, how many minutes can Hill's ankles give the Suns?

If you read what Suns fans are saying if this is their BIG FA signing. :dramaquee They better trade Marion now (and get something great in return) or they just a took a step backwards and another ouster in the 2nd Round. :dizzy

LavaLamp
07-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Sacrilege!! I must be spending too much time on the Laker boards. I aplogize to all Suns fans!!!

L.I.T
07-05-2007, 01:53 PM
As far as I can tell, the Suns half-court offense involves drive and kicks for three, how exactly does this help them? Grant Hill has never...ever...ever been even a mediocre three-point shooter.

He's absolutely horrible on defense and, unlike lets say if he signed with the Spurs, there isn't a defensive system in place that he can just learn or an intimidating shotblocker behind him to cover for his mistakes.

As a spot-player Hill can be quality. If they are expecting him to be their missing piece that gets them over the hump they are in trouble.

As opposed to getting stronger offensively, this is more of a case of the defensively weak getting weaker.

CaptainLate
07-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Suns get Hill
Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic

Hill's agent, Lon Babby said that Hill told Phoenix today that he would join the Suns in his quest or a championship. There is a moratorium on free agent signings until Wednesday.

"He established a number of criteria," Babby said. "His opportunity to contribute to a championship would be on the top of the list. He really thought it through and was diligent and concluded this is the best opportunity for his career. He's very, very excited about it."

Hill was drawn by the chance to be on a title contender and an important playing role on a team that fits the 6-foot-8 swingman's versatile style. Hill, who will turn 35 in October, could start for Phoenix with Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Shawn Marion and Amaré Stoudemire. He also will give Suns Coach Mike D'Antoni another facilitator to help run the offense when Steve Nash is resting.

"The opportunity described to him is consistent with what he's looking for," Babby said. "He's not someone looking for anything granted to him but more that he'd have the opportunity to start."

"His health is fine," Babby said. "There is every expectation that he will be healthy."

Babby said it helped the Suns' chances to have assistant Alvin Gentry on staff. Gentry coached in Detroit for five of Hill's seasons there, including 2 1/2 years that Gentry served as Hill's head coach.

Isn't Babby the agent for Duncan? Obviously, this is Hill's decision and Babby is blabbering just trying to make the best of it. He wasn't going to start in SA (Finley will be even better in year 3), and he probably couldn't take Pop's "D" philosophy (play "D" or you don't play). So he chose a team that doesn't play "D".

porscha
07-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Congratulations to Suns... for having a old guy whom enjoy the sick leave/ benching/no practice time :lol :lol :lol

LavaLamp
07-05-2007, 01:58 PM
I have read other articles which say Hill is a reliever for Nash, not necessarily a starter. If that is the case, it does not affect Phoenix's defense. We'll have to see just when and what position Hill will actually be playing.

Xylus
07-05-2007, 02:03 PM
There is no fucking way that Hill replaces Bell in the lineup. Bell plays 37 minutes a game and D'Antoni loves the guy. Seriously, he starts tearing up everytime Raja comes into conversation.

It's more likely that D'Antoni will play a small lineup of:

Nash
Hill
Bell
Marion
Stoudemire

Except against the Spurs, when you'll likely see a lineup of:

Nash
Bell (Hill off the bench)
Marion
Stoudemire
Thomas

With that said, we're paying this guy less than $2 million. Even if he manages only 41 games this season, that'll be a plus over James Jones (who was costing us more money).

picnroll
07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Looks like rebounding will remain a problem for the Suns.

MrChug
07-05-2007, 02:34 PM
By John Denton
FLORIDA TODAY
ORLANDO _ Grant Hill, whose seven years in Orlando were marred by crippling injuries to his ankle and abdomen...Hill played in just 200 of a possible 574 games in his seven years in Orlando. He missed 65.1 percent of the games with the Magic.

Hmmm...and all those things at 36 by the time that the playoffs come is a great equation :lol

Jeremy
07-05-2007, 02:59 PM
So Hill wants to be a starter. At least he can take comfort in the fact that D'Antoni doesn't overplay his starters. They averaged say, only 38 mpg or something? No problem. Hill should be fine. After all, the practices are light right?

An average of 38 mpg for the Suns starters? Are you serious?

Shawn Marion, 80 starts: 37.6 mpg
Raja Bell, 78 starts: 37.4 mpg
Steve Nash, 76 starts: 35.3 mpg
Amare Stoudemire, 78 starts: 32.8 mpg
Leandro Barbosa, 18 starts: 32.7 mpg
Boris Diaw, 59 starts: 31.1 mpg

And to clear up another couple of Spurs fans' misconceptions:

1. The Florida article is wrong. Hill will not replace Bell in the starting lineup. Look at the azcentral article. IF Hill were to start, he would be starting at Small Forward, and would be replacing Boris Diaw in the lineup (Marion would start at PF). FYI, Diaw does not shoot 3's either.

2. The Suns did not have a 7-man rotation. They had an 8-man rotation. And D'antoni says he would play more guys if he has more guys who can contribute enough.

phxspurfan
07-05-2007, 03:05 PM
what the suns needed to do was sign chauncey billups. think of how crazy that would have been:

Marion traded to Pistons for Billups

Nash on Bowen - push
Billups on Parker - advantage Suns
Bell on Ginobili - push
Thomas on Duncan - advantage Spurs (because TD will always have more offensive impact than Thomas on the other end)
Stoudemire on Oberto

that would have been great for phoenix. TP has always had troubles with bigger, stronger PGs.

ArgSpursFan
07-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Great,everybody is getting better while the spurs might give away scola and sing an acoholic.Good job R.C.
The spurs Organization is so lucky to have a coach like Pop.He could coach the Hawks and put them on the playoffs in his first year with the same players they have right now.

judaspriestess
07-05-2007, 03:11 PM
good for them.

on edit: I guess everyone across the nation will have to endure the feelings from the suns of bitches of heir apparent to the title this coming season stemming from being "robbed" by the NBA. GREAT :rolleyes

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-05-2007, 03:14 PM
and the Spurs do nothing ot get better.............

gaKNOW!blee
07-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Am I the only Spurs fan who thinks this is a good signing by the Suns?

ArgSpursFan
07-05-2007, 03:19 PM
......as usuall

ArgSpursFan
07-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Am I the only Spurs fan who thinks this is a good signing by the Suns?

No your not.I was the one who said that Hill could´ve been a great add for this team to play the buckup PG pos,and I´m sure that´s gonna be his role with the suns.To give some rest the Nash for like 10 Mpg and being on the floor in the last minutes of the game.
BTW for all those who dont know much of Hill in the last years,he can play the PG better tham any other starting PG in the league.That means better tham Beno and J.V. too.

TwoHandJam
07-05-2007, 03:47 PM
An average of 38 mpg for the Suns starters? Are you serious?

Shawn Marion, 80 starts: 37.6 mpg
Raja Bell, 78 starts: 37.4 mpg
Steve Nash, 76 starts: 35.3 mpg
Amare Stoudemire, 78 starts: 32.8 mpg
Leandro Barbosa, 18 starts: 32.7 mpg
Boris Diaw, 59 starts: 31.1 mpg

Barbosa is not a starter. Bell and Marion log 38 while Nash is close behind. Amare logged over 36 the last time he was fully healthy. The only reason his minutes are down is because he was still recovering from the surgery.

Let's not play dumb here. It's no secret D'Antoni's rotations are too short since he has no bench to speak of outside of Barbosa. He overplays his starters and they usually run out of gas in the postseason. Playing Hill starter's minutes would be madness. He'll likely back up Nash and maybe play spot minutes when Bell is rested.

nfg3
07-05-2007, 03:48 PM
This is a a good signing by the Suns. With the bi-annual exception he comes pretty cheap. But the health issue remains key. He had his best season in 6 years last year but hasn't played over 30 games in 4 out of the 6. At 35 he could snap at any time. And with all the running he is going to do it will be a wait and see thing. Though he wont have as much contact in the running game as he would in a half court one. That may be a plus for Hill. I thought that with the Spurs type of half court sets this would be a better fit for him. Oh well! He might regret this come playoff time. But he is an upgrade over Jones.

Reggie Miller
07-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Good signing for the Suns?
Yes.

Make an impact on the playoff picture?
Maybe.

The "missing piece for a championship?"
No way.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 03:59 PM
So your NEW argument is that the Spurs will force an Oberto-Hill isolation off of pick and rolls?

I would LOVE to see a FINLEY-OBERTO pick and roll!!!

POPOVIC! Sign this guy to your staff! HURRY!

Btw - youre just making yourself look stupid. Youre trying to back-pedal out of your original argument that either Nash or Hill would have to guard Oberto. Now you are saying that Hill will have to guard Oberto off pick n rolls with Finley...but everyone will have to, at some point, guard everyone using that philosophy!

What else you got?

I'm not backpedaling out of anything, just showing it as another example of how that matchup would end up.

You keep thumping your chest about matchups, yet are willing to admit that for every mismatch Hill could possibly create for SA, another one exists on defense for the Suns.

You guys have exactly one competent defender in Bell. And with Ginobili in the game (I'm operating off what your coach did this year in the playoffs), you had Bell guarding Manu, and Matrix out guarding Parker.

So:

Marion on Parker
Raja on Manu (and Raja also guarded Finley when he was in, so take Raja out of the Tony Parker defense idea and put Marion on him, like your coach did).

Who does Nash, Hill, and Amare guard? I'd love to hear your explanation on this one.

You've got to account for Tim, Oberto, and Bowen with Amare, Hill, and Nash.

Your coach is afraid to put Amare on Tim, but would have to in this case for obvious reasons, so that leaves Oberto and Bowen for Nash and Hill.

Who guards who?

SpursFanInAustin
07-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Hill would've gotten a bigger role than that for the spurs.

Well let's see

Parker, Finley, Bowen, Duncan, and Oberto make out the starting 5.... Ginobili, Vaughn, Elson, Horry are back another year off the bench, that leaves Barry, Beno, and Bonner who are still under contract. At best he takes Barry's minutes off the bench in spot duty.

dg7md
07-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Hill will play like 10 games.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Hill will play like 10 games.

Take that back. Hill is the bestest ever. He will be able to shut down Duncan and Parker all by himself, and will average 40 a game [/da suns fan]

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Hill for the minimum isn't bad, but this move doesn't really do much for them vis a vis the Spurs.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm not backpedaling out of anything, just showing it as another example of how that matchup would end up.

You keep thumping your chest about matchups, yet are willing to admit that for every mismatch Hill could possibly create for SA, another one exists on defense for the Suns.

You guys have exactly one competent defender in Bell. And with Ginobili in the game (I'm operating off what your coach did this year in the playoffs), you had Bell guarding Manu, and Matrix out guarding Parker.

So:

Marion on Parker
Raja on Manu (and Raja also guarded Finley when he was in, so take Raja out of the Tony Parker defense idea and put Marion on him, like your coach did).

Who does Nash, Hill, and Amare guard? I'd love to hear your explanation on this one.

You've got to account for Tim, Oberto, and Bowen with Amare, Hill, and Nash.

Your coach is afraid to put Amare on Tim, but would have to in this case for obvious reasons, so that leaves Oberto and Bowen for Nash and Hill.

Who guards who?

At what point will you admit that you were wrong and stop changing your argument?

To refresh, you claimed that Hill or Nash would have to guard Oberto, but I pointed out that that theory was just plain stupid looking at the matchups. So now you are claiming that when Manu Ginobili substitues in, the Suns will have to have Grant Hill or Steve Nash cover Oberto and want to know how the Suns will solve that matchup problem.

So what you have done is pick out a hypothetical Spurs lineup (but NOT the starting lineup) and claim that a certain hypothetical Suns lineup won't match up well against it and want to know what the Suns will do when THAT HAPPENS!!!

Ok...here comes your answer..its really good so I want you to be ready....here it comes....you ready?

Make a substitution.

Game over. I win.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 05:53 PM
At what point will you admit that you were wrong and stop changing your argument?

To refresh, you claimed that Hill or Nash would have to guard Oberto, but I pointed out that that theory was just plain stupid looking at the matchups. So now you are claiming that when Manu Ginobili substitues in, the Suns will have to have Grant Hill or Steve Nash cover Oberto and want to know how the Suns will solve that matchup problem.

So what you have done is pick out a hypothetical Spurs lineup (but NOT the starting lineup) and claim that a certain hypothetical Suns lineup won't match up well against it and want to know what the Suns will do when THAT HAPPENS!!!

Ok...here comes your answer..its really good so I want you to be ready....here it comes....you ready?

Make a substitution.

Game over. I win.

Fucking A. You are a dumbass. This isn't a hypothetical. D'Antoni realized about midway through the first quarter of game 1 that Raja couldn't stay in front of Parker, so he played Marion there the rest of the series.

Your argument is solely based on the idea of Raja guarding Parker, which your coach, based in reality, not on some internet pissing match hypothetical (like you), realizes that's an idiotic idea and will be playing Marion on Parker.

So again, given that fact, your whole 'put Marion on Oberto, game over I win' argument is already bunk thanks to your team's head coach.

What is so fucking hard to comprehend about that?

Matrix is on Parker.
Raja is on Ginobili.

You have Nash, Hill, and Amare left for Duncan, Bowen, and Oberto. Aside from the obvious reality of Amare on Tim equals instant foul trouble for Stoudemire, I'll give you that matchup.

You've got Nash and Hill to check Oberto and Bowen. Who gets the honors of getting posted up all day inside for the Suns? :lol

[quote]So what you have done is pick out a hypothetical Spurs lineup (but NOT the starting lineup) and claim that a certain hypothetical Suns lineup won't match up well against it and want to know what the Suns will do when THAT HAPPENS!!![/qutoe]

Again, the Spurs started: Parker, Finley, Bowen, Oberto, and Duncan this year against Phoenix.

In that lineup, your coach chose to play Marion on Parker because Bell couldn't keep up. This isn't some hypothetical like you desperately cling to as an argument against me, this is the reality of your team and its play this post-season vs. the Spurs.

This isn't about substitutions, it's about the reality of your team and its matchup problems.

And are you now proposing that your coach will have to alter his regular season lineup just to attempt to match up with the Spurs (albeit poorly)?

Now that's game over, my friend.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-05-2007, 06:44 PM
I would've much rather had PJ Brown, but I'll settle for Hill, especially for that price.

Oh, and as for our "missing piece", it has nothing to do with the personell. It's the head coach.

gilmor
07-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Fucking A. You are a dumbass. This isn't a hypothetical. D'Antoni realized about midway through the first quarter of game 1 that Raja couldn't stay in front of Parker, so he played Marion there the rest of the series.

Your argument is solely based on the idea of Raja guarding Parker, which your coach, based in reality, not on some internet pissing match hypothetical (like you), realizes that's an idiotic idea and will be playing Marion on Parker.

So again, given that fact, your whole 'put Marion on Oberto, game over I win' argument is already bunk thanks to your team's head coach.

Matrix is on Parker.
Raja is on Ginobili.

You have Nash, Hill, and Amare left for Duncan, Bowen, and Oberto. Aside from the obvious reality of Amare on Tim equals instant foul trouble for Stoudemire, I'll give you that matchup.

You've got Nash and Hill to check Oberto and Bowen. Who gets the honors of getting posted up all day inside for the Suns? :lol

[quote]So what you have done is pick out a hypothetical Spurs lineup (but NOT the starting lineup) and claim that a certain hypothetical Suns lineup won't match up well against it and want to know what the Suns will do when THAT HAPPENS!!![/qutoe]

Again, the Spurs started: Parker, Finley, Bowen, Oberto, and Duncan this year against Phoenix.

In that lineup, your coach chose to play Marion on Parker because Bell couldn't keep up. This isn't some hypothetical like you desperately cling to as an argument against me, this is the reality of your team and its play this post-season vs. the Spurs.

This isn't about substitutions, it's about the reality of your team and its matchup problems.

And are you now proposing that your coach will have to alter his regular season lineup just to attempt to match up with the Spurs (albeit poorly)?

No point arguing cos he never watched the playoffs.. :lol

dbestpro
07-05-2007, 06:50 PM
The Suns base alot of what they do by Nash driving and kicking out to the three point shooter. Hill is a career 25% 3pt shooter. Look for the scoring average to go down for the Suns by a ratio of at least 1:3, meaning for every 3 ponits Hill averages the Suns will average 1 point less from what they did last year. In other words they better hope D'Antonio plays hims as much as Rose, which is not much as all.

exstatic
07-05-2007, 07:03 PM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/653987/2/istockphoto_653987_broken_down_truck.jpg

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 07:11 PM

Matrix is on Parker.
Raja is on Ginobili.

You've got Nash and Hill to check Oberto and Bowen. Who gets the honors of getting posted up all day inside for the Suns?

Whoa sprout! What happened to your Ginobili substitution theory?!!!!!

Is that the sound of you retreating?

So you are NOW stating that Bell guarding Parker isn't a possibility because the Suns didn't do that last year (and because its too damning to your argument).

Well Im gonna let u in on a little secret...ready?

The Suns didn't have Grant Hill last year! Look it up! He played for the Magic!

This leads me to the conclusion that Grant Hlll in the Phoenix Suns lineup would change the dynamics of the matchups (because theres a new player involved). I believe that our coach would take a minute or two to adjust his defensive matchup and put Bell on Parker.

Your say you don't believe Bell can guard Parker even though Parker doesn't have a jump shot and Bell made the all defensive 1st team.

Tony Parker isn't even a top 5 pg in this league.

I like Bell's chances.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-05-2007, 07:19 PM
The Suns base alot of what they do by Nash driving and kicking out to the three point shooter. Hill is a career 25% 3pt shooter. Look for the scoring average to go down for the Suns by a ratio of at least 1:3, meaning for every 3 ponits Hill averages the Suns will average 1 point less from what they did last year. In other words they better hope D'Antonio plays hims as much as Rose, which is not much as all.

Because as we all know, the only way to score points is with three point shooting. Hill is infinitely better than James Jones.

timvp
07-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Because as we all know, the only way to score points is with three point shooting. Hill is infinitely better than James Jones.

Except for that Jones was actually a pretty good defender and could even buy some time against Elson and Oberto because of his height. Hill is no doubt a better offensive player ... outside of shooting.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Except for that Jones was actually a pretty good defender and could even buy some time against Elson and Oberto because of his height. Hill is no doubt a better offensive player ... outside of shooting.

Jones is the same height as Hill. And the best part of Hill's game (and the one most valuable to the Suns) is his passing ability so our system can run while Nash is resting. Plus he isn't a pussy like Diaw.

While I still think that head coach and PF/C are bigger needs, Hill is a great signing.

timvp
07-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Jones is the same height as Hill. And the best part of Hill's game (and the one most valuable to the Suns) is his passing ability so our system can run while Nash is resting. Plus he isn't a pussy like Diaw.

While I still think that head coach and PF/C are bigger needs, Hill is a great signing.

Jones has like a 7'+ wingspan that makes him play bigger than 6-foot-8. Defensively there is no contest between Jones and Hill.

Like I said earlier, Hill will be good to have on the floor the 8 or so minutes Nash sits in the playoffs. The other 40 minutes is how I don't understand how he fits ... against the Spurs, at least.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Jones has like a 7'+ wingspan that makes him play bigger than 6-foot-8. Defensively there is no contest between Jones and Hill.

Like I said earlier, Hill will be good to have on the floor the 8 or so minutes Nash sits in the playoffs. The other 40 minutes is how I don't understand how he fits ... against the Spurs, at least.

Against the Spurs I agree, he should only get like 15 or so minutes per game. But that's just because we'll be playing Kurt alot more.

greens
07-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Your say you don't believe Bell can guard Parker even though Parker doesn't have a jump shot and Bell made the all defensive 1st team.

I like Bell's chances.

Tony Parker was the MVP of the finals. He's now very consistent with his jump shots. And Tony has 3 rings...what do the other top 5 pgs have? And Tony is considered to be in the top 5, by the way...

So I like Tony's chances... :p:

hsxvvd
07-05-2007, 08:43 PM
He really owed it to Orlando to stay, for the absolute minimum, he's not a great player but for that price he could have helped an already improving team...

Totally agree! Considering Orlando paid him such a ridiculous amount of money for so little games actually spent on the court!

But then again, the Magic stung Milicic, so maybe this is Karma.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 08:56 PM

I like Bell's chances.

I don't have to believe jack shit. Your coach came to that conclusion and played Matrix on Parker an entire series :lmao

All Bell's NBA First Team Defensive Honors got him was the job of turnstile when it came to trying to check Tony Parker, and a reassignment of duties to guarding one Manu Ginobili.

D'Antoni's reality > dunce fans internet rambling.

Game fucking over.

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2007, 09:07 PM
da_suns_fan has been getting owned in multiple threads today.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Tony Parker was the MVP of the finals. He's now very consistent with his jump shots. And Tony has 3 rings...what do the other top 5 pgs have? And Tony is considered to be in the top 5, by the way...

So I like Tony's chances... :p:

1) Steve Nash
2) Jason Kidd
3) Chancey Billups
4) Gilbert Arenas
5) Chris Paul
6) Baron Davis

Now...you live in Podunk, Texas, so you don't know any better.

But Im pretty sure any GM would take any of those point guards over Tony Parker right now. I might even put Deron Williams and Allen Iverson up there.

Parker cant be trusted with the ball in his hands in close games. The Spurs, themselves, never go to him in the clutch because hes a turnover machine.

btw - What do the other top 5 pgs have?

Answer: No Tim Duncan.

E20
07-05-2007, 09:09 PM
I hope Hill enjoys being a regular season champ and too bad the Spurs will give the Suns a good old ass crushing in the PO's next year.......Again, like they always do.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 09:10 PM
da_suns_fan has been getting owned in multiple threads today.

Oh plz. I just made Aggie Hoops fan my bitch (isn't cute how he tried to steal my 'game over' line over and over again) and I monoadsfkljdsaf resorted to stupid name calling cuz he ran out of illogical arguments.

E20
07-05-2007, 09:10 PM
1) Steve Nash
2) Jason Kidd
3) Chancey Billups
4) Gilbert Arenas
5) Chris Paul
6) Baron Davis

But Im pretty sure any GM would take any of those point guards over Tony Parker right now. I might even put Deron Williams and Allen Iverson up there.

Parker cant be trusted with the ball in his hands in close games. The Spurs, themselves, never go to him in the clutch because hes a turnover machine.

LMAO @ That list HAHAHHAHAHAH You are fucking stupid. I would put Parker behind Billups or maybe infront of Billups. Arenas? Paul? Davis? You're a fucking joke. :lmao All you're doing is making an ass out of yourself.

saschi
07-05-2007, 09:14 PM
I actually think this will help the Suns. Hill is easily better than James Jones and a much better playmaker (think a MUCH older poor man's Joe Johnson). They exchanged Jones's salary for Hill's. It doesn't make them worse certainly since Jones didn't play d either. I was surprised by how little interest he had in the Spurs. I looks like there aren't going to be any I'll take vet min for the ring type guy this offseason. Although they usually don't work out all that well half the time anyway.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 09:14 PM
LMAO @ That list HAHAHHAHAHAH You are fucking stupid. I would put Parker behind Billups or maybe infront of Billups. Arenas? Paul? Davis? You're a fucking joke. :lmao All you're doing is making an ass out of yourself.

Yeah...if you think Tony Parker is better than Chris Paul, Baron Davis or Gilbert Arenas, then youre not even worth talking to.

This is what happens when you live in a one-sport town in the middle of Texas.

You just got no fucking clue. You live and breathe Spurs because you don't know any better.

Poor guy.

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2007, 09:15 PM
^ Davis could actually be number one if he stayed healthy/motivated. He can play good on both sides of the ball while Nash is a liability and Kidd is a little on the decline.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Oh plz. I just made Aggie Hoops fan my bitch (isn't cute how he tried to steal my 'game over' line over and over again) and I monoadsfkljdsaf resorted to stupid name calling cuz he ran out of illogical arguments.
You're the one crying because he called you a fuckhead.

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 09:16 PM
1) Steve Nash
2) Jason Kidd
3) Chancey Billups
4) Gilbert Arenas
5) Chris Paul
6) Baron Davis

In the days following our sweep of the cavs, all the experts annointed Tony one of the top 5, 3 and even 2 in the league. You don't know this because you are bitter suns fan who stayed away from sports news during that rough time for you. So who do we trust, the experts or your dumb ignorant ass on Tony. Im taking the experts cock sucker.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 09:17 PM
You're the one crying because he called you a fuckhead.

No I said, he should read posts before calling people fuckhead and having me destroy him for everyone to see.

You basically play one note, don't you?

Fuck head, Im still right.

Fast Dunk_
07-05-2007, 09:19 PM
LMAO at how bad Da_Sun_ Fan_ is getting pwnd!!! I've never seen some one as clueless as he is.

E20
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
I live in California, ASS-HAT.

Tony Parker is better than all those PG's on that list not named Nash, Kidd, and maybe Billups. I would love to post stats and analysis on those stats, but it's too hot and there is no point, because your opnion will never change, but you are in the super duper minority and are wrong. So, fuck you and go take a shit.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 09:21 PM
In the days following our sweep of the cavs, all the experts annointed Tony one of the top 5, 3 and even 2 in the league. You don't know this because you are bitter suns fan who stayed away from sports news during that rough time for you. So who do we trust, the experts or your dumb ignorant ass on Tony. Im taking the experts cock sucker.

No...I turned away cuz the Spurs are boring (see ratings).

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 09:25 PM
I live in California, ASS-HAT.

Tony Parker is better than all those PG's on that list not named Nash, Kidd, and maybe Billups. I would love to post stats and analysis on those stats, but it's too hot and there is no point, because your opnion will never change, but you are in the super duper minority and are wrong. So, fuck you and go take a shit.

I'LL DO IT FOR YOU!!!

Looks at the stats douche-bag:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2779

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3527

And Chris Paul is YOUNGER too.

Better than Baron Davis????
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3326

Give me a fucking break!

Gilbert Arenas?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3540

Too easy.

What else you got?

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 09:28 PM

Weak, just like all of your "comebacks"

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 09:29 PM
I'LL DO IT FOR YOU!!!

Give me a fucking break!

Gilbert Arenas?

Too easy.

What else you got?

You missed a stat...3 rings bitch!

Fast Dunk_
07-05-2007, 09:30 PM
LMAO at how bad Da_Sun_ Fan_ is getting pwnd!!! I've never seen some one as clueless as he is.
:tu

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 09:30 PM
No I said, he should read posts before calling people fuckhead and having me destroy him for everyone to see.

So why don't you go back and make a comeback to what I said? I see you made a new post and yet you ignore mine because you don't have anymore weakass comebacks. :spin

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 09:31 PM

Wow...Ive never seen someone give THEMSELVES the thumbs up!

You must be one person logging in on multiple names and you got confused, huh?

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 09:32 PM
So why don't you go back and make a comeback to what I said? I see you made a new post and yet you ignore mine because you don't have anymore weakass comebacks. :spin

LMAO!

What did you say? EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION....Elliot fan has something to say:

E20
07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
I'LL DO IT FOR YOU!!!

Give me a fucking break!

Gilbert Arenas?

Too easy.

What else you got?
I guess you failed to read the other two words in that sentence: The analysis and in-depth coverage behind those stats, which would take too long to explain and would prove that Parker is the superior PG. You're those type of people who are easily swayed by big numbers, you probably would have Nash average 20 APG, rather than win a ring. You're the type that would be content if Nash and Amare had 10 alley-oops, but lost the game. You're a moron. I mean maybe you can't accept the fact that you are a dumb mother fucker. Now go suck on a frozen turd, it's probably 2000 degrees in the Valley of the Shit.(Phoenix)

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
You turned away because you couldn't stand the fact that your rival team beat you and went all the way. :smokin

cole
07-05-2007, 09:35 PM
putting a laughing emoticon at the end of your posts doesn't make them funny.

just letting you know.

OldDirtMcGirt
^ Davis could actually be number one if he stayed healthy/motivated. He can play good on both sides of the ball while Nash is a liability and Kidd is a little on the decline.

For the record, I think that it's:

1. Nash, 2. Kidd, 3. Billups, 4. Davis, 5. Parker with Parker and Davis being very close.

Mr.Bottomtooth
LMAO!

What did you say? EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION....Elliot fan has something to say:
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1834079&postcount=128 Now go back to the Grant Hill thread so you can post a weak comeback.

da_suns_fan__
I ALREADY ANSWERED THAT DOUCHE BAG!!!

I didn't turn away cuz my team lost.

I (like the rest of the nation) turned away cuz the Spurs are Boring!!!!

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_6156904

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 09:38 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1834079&postcount=128 Now go back to the Grant Hill thread so you can post a weak comeback.

Ohhhh, ok! So this is "THE POST" now.

How exactly am I suppose to "resond".

You said that the Suns are "gay"?

:rolleyes

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 09:38 PM

So you admit you don't watch the Spurs unless we are whooping the suns ass huh? So what makes you think you can even comment on Parker. Fucking moron..

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Ohhhh, ok! So this is "THE POST" now.

Yea DOUCHEBAG!

How exactly am I suppose to "resond".

Resond??? :lol I don't know how to respond to that since I already owned you and you can't get out, and since I don't know any weak comebacks. :spin

You said that the Suns are "gay"?

:rolleyes

That's just like you. Only focusing on one little piece of the post. :drunk

Fast Dunk_
07-05-2007, 09:43 PM
I'LL DO IT FOR YOU!!!

What an idiot, the stats you put up show that Parker has the better stats with lesser minutes played! But I guess you're to stupid to know that! :lol

But Parker is younger too. Why dont you break down how many rings they have between the two?

Give me a fucking break!

Gilbert Arenas?
Please, when Arenas has a future hall of fame post player to differ to, then get back to me.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 09:45 PM

Fast Dunk_
07-05-2007, 09:46 PM

Did you guys already have the "Exciting Team" championship parade?

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 09:47 PM
da suns fan is getting hip-checked every which way on this thread....

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 09:48 PM
da suns fan is getting hip-checked every which way on this thread....

:madrun

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 09:49 PM
1) Steve Nash
2) Jason Kidd
3) Chancey Billups
4) Gilbert Arenas
5) Chris Paul
6) Baron Davis

:lmao The Spurs put the ball in his hands in the NBA FINALS. I know we're just watching the game here in little ol' Texas, but I guess in your case they don't show the NBA Finals in Arizona because D'Antoni can't get you there.

:lol I didn't steal your game over line. It's called sarcasm, needle dick.

RussN
07-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Just like the Mavs, Sonics, and Cavs,....the Suns have to depend on an old Spur to make there good decisions.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Yea DOUCHEBAG!

Resond??? :lol I don't know how to respond to that since I already owned you and you can't get out, and since I don't know any weak comebacks. :spin

That's just like you. Only focusing on one little piece of the post. :drunk

Yay....youve resorted to looking for typos.

My response to "THE POST!!!!!"

Come on da_suns_fan__! You can do better than that. The best thing you can come up with is only talking about one of the things he said?

Why? I already went off about his list being a weak ass post and I expected more of him.

7. Root for a gay team.
Sorry, but you're the one being defeated right now.

This doesn't even make sense!!! You add a number to MOnoadsfjla32ori's list and then argue against YOURSELF!????? What the hell's the matter with you?

But you did call the Suns gay...Kudos.

You really are desperate for a comeback aren't ya? And BTW, he did. Unfortunately you can't take a joke.

Here you are claiming that monoauroiwequru did come back with some wit...well...ok....if u say so. Go make love to a Sean Elliot poster....does that make ME witty now (using your logic)?

hen why did you just post this?

I said "I don't want to waste my time on this half-ass shit", not "I wouldn't waste my time"....

THERE....I've responded to "THE POST" which is nothing more than a bunch of ramblings from a douche bag....

"Fuckhead".

Fast Dunk_
07-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Uh oh, da suns fan is being backed in a corner. I'm pretty sure he's probably going to play the lame "my city has other more losing franchises" to your one winning franchise card. LMFAO!

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 09:51 PM
My response to "THE POST!!!!!"

Come on da_suns_fan__! You can do better than that. The best thing you can come up with is only talking about one of the things he said?

Why? I already went off about his list being a weak ass post and I expected more of him.

7. Root for a gay team.
Sorry, but you're the one being defeated right now.

This doesn't even make sense!!! You add a number to MOnoadsfjla32ori's list and then argue against YOURSELF!????? What the hell's the matter with you?

But you did call the Suns gay...Kudos.

You really are desperate for a comeback aren't ya? And BTW, he did. Unfortunately you can't take a joke.

Here you are claiming that monoauroiwequru did come back with some wit...well...ok....if u say so. Go make love to a Sean Elliot poster....does that make ME witty now (using your logic)?

hen why did you just post this?

I said "I don't want to waste my time on this half-ass shit", not "I wouldn't waste my time"....

THERE....I've responded to "THE POST" which is nothing more than a bunch of ramblings from a douche bag....

"Fuckhead".

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 09:51 PM

Where have you destroyed anyone other than yourself? Mike D'Antoni owned your stupid ass 'defensive strategy' post with his matchup decisions in the WC semis THIS YEAR.

And that was actually on a basketball court. D'Antoni > dunce_fan

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I'LL DO IT FOR YOU!!!

Give me a fucking break!

Gilbert Arenas?

Too easy.

What else you got?

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos/2005-06-23-inside-finals.jpg

http://www.spursdynasty.com/uploaded_images/2005%20championship%20ring-736607.jpg

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Where have you destroyed anyone other than yourself? Mike D'Antoni owned your stupid ass 'defensive strategy' post with his matchup decisions in the WC semis THIS YEAR.

And that was actually on a basketball court. D'Antoni > dunce_fan

I really pissed you off didn't I?

If youre gonna argue with me, you better bring better shit than "The Ginobili Theory".

I own you pal.

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2007, 09:56 PM
fkajdkfjakdjkfjakldjfakldjfa [/da suns fan]

Fast Dunk_
07-05-2007, 09:57 PM
fkajdkfjakdjkfjakldjfakldjfa [/da suns fan]

Fast Dunk_
07-05-2007, 09:58 PM
:yield

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 09:59 PM

If youre gonna argue with me, you better bring better shit than "The Ginobili Theory".

I own you pal.

Are you talking about owning like the Spurs OWN the suns

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Are you talking about owning like the Spurs OWN the suns

Wow.

Are you proud fellow SPurs fans?

Nice job, brotha!!

RussN
07-05-2007, 10:01 PM
The only person who got OWNED this year is you and your Suns, and oh yea....and the rest of the league.

Your and idiot.

Tony Parker doesn't have to be the best point in the league, he is on the best team. That is all that matters. He can play his strengths without having to worry about covering someone elses' ass on the offensive or defensive side of the court. Maybe the suns should try to get a TEAM instead of a MVP and an idiot that runs off the bench when his team's playoff lives are on the line.

I own you pal.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey da_stupidass_suns_fan__! I already posted in the other thread. No more in this thread. There's no point in pissing off SpursTalk members twice.

Fast Dunk_
07-05-2007, 10:02 PM
:cry

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Wow.

Are you proud fellow SPurs fans?

Nice job, brotha!!

You continue to make no sense, but any way
Like I said, Spurs OWN the suns, and you've owned nothing this whole thread long. Its like you are retarded or something.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Hey da_stupidass_suns_fan__! I already posted in the other thread. No more in this thread. There's no point in pissing off SpursTalk members twice.

Ok...other thread then.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-05-2007, 10:20 PM
The only person who got OWNED this year is you and your Suns, and oh yea....and the rest of the league.

Your and idiot.

Tony Parker doesn't have to be the best point in the league, he is on the best team. That is all that matters. He can play his strengths without having to worry about covering someone elses' ass on the offensive or defensive side of the court. Maybe the suns should try to get a TEAM instead of a MVP and an idiot that runs off the bench when his team's playoff lives are on the line.

I'll just say that it's clear you've never been in or around a fight before. There isn't a clear thought process if your boy gets attacked.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I guess you failed to read the other two words in that sentence: The analysis and in-depth coverage behind those stats, which would take too long to explain and would prove that Parker is the superior PG. You're those type of people who are easily swayed by big numbers, you probably would have Nash average 20 APG, rather than win a ring. You're the type that would be content if Nash and Amare had 10 alley-oops, but lost the game. You're a moron. I mean maybe you can't accept the fact that you are a dumb mother fucker. Now go suck on a frozen turd, it's probably 2000 degrees in the Valley of the Shit.(Phoenix)

Valley of the Shit.....

NICE BROTHA!!!

So even though Parker has inferior numbers to everyone on that list, you want to still claim the fact that Parker is better.

Well....I guess I can claim the fact that Smush Parker is better than Tony using that logic, can't i?

What else ya got?

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I'll just say that it's clear you've never been in or around a fight before. There isn't a clear thought process if your boy gets attacked.

To fucking bad!

OldDirtMcGirt
07-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Wait a second. While "da_suns_fan" might be acting like a dumbass, if you're comparing cities, Phoenix beats the hell out of San Antonio.

...unfortunately that's all we beat the hell out of San Antonio. Otherwise we're on the receiving end.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-05-2007, 10:24 PM
To fucking bad!

See this is what leads me to believe that some of yall have serious hostility issues.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 10:25 PM

I own you pal.

Why do I need the Ginobili Theory when I have the D'Antoni Principle?

:spin

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 10:26 PM
See this is what leads me to believe that some of yall have serious hostility issues.

and your boy da suns fan leads us to believe that you all are all ignorant

OldDirtMcGirt
07-05-2007, 10:29 PM
and your boy da suns fan leads us to believe that you all are all ignorant

Eh, he's just a random dumbass who gets his shits and giggles from pissing off random people over the internet.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 10:31 PM

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Why do I need the Ginobili Theory when I have the D'Antoni Principle?

:spin

Ah yes....the D'Antoni principle.....the belief that a coach will not adjust rotations or matchups when he receives a new player. You must have taken discrete mathematics, yes?

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Eh, he's just a random dumbass who gets his shits and giggles from pissing off random people over the internet.

I don't go looking for Spurs fans' approval. I mean...theyre SPURS fans.

There's something inherently wrong with them from the get-go.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-05-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't go looking for Spurs fans' approval. I mean...theyre SPURS fans.

There's something inherently wrong with them from the get-go.

They root for a basketball team. If you were born in San Antonio I bet a million bucks that you would be calling some tool bashing the Spurs an ignorant fuckhead. Basketball fans are basketball fans. Some Spurs fans are egotistical dumbasses who think that their teams success validates acting like a 13 year old pisshead, while most of them are level headed human beings who want to talk about some ball.

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 10:39 PM

yeah he's pretty much fucking idiot. You, youre alright by me. You seem like an intelligent NBA fan.

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 10:43 PM
They root for a basketball team. If you were born in San Antonio I bet a million bucks that you would be calling some tool bashing the Spurs an ignorant fuckhead. Basketball fans are basketball fans. Some Spurs fans are egotistical dumbasses who think that their teams success validates acting like a 13 year old pisshead, while most of them are level headed human beings who want to talk about some ball.

Well said...

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Well said...

So do you go to those cheerleading competetions we see on ESPN 2?

Is your name "Amber"?

Stargazer
07-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Trash talking aside, can anyone tell me:

1. Is Hill a good locker room guy?
2. Is he smart on the floor?
3. Is he hungry to win a championship?
4. Is he good when he's not injured?

If yes, then he could be a great pickup.

Cry Havoc
07-05-2007, 10:59 PM
So da_suns_fan...

If Parker isn't a top 5 PG in the league....

Why the fuck isn't there a SINGLE PLAYER on your team that can guard him?

Either he's THAT good, or your defense is THAT horrific. It's gotta be one or the other.

Idiot.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Ah yes....the D'Antoni principle.....the belief that a coach will not adjust rotations or matchups when he receives a new player. You must have taken discrete mathematics, yes?

Actually I did, I have a degree in mathematics :lol

Again, I've asked you repeatedly how D'Antoni adjusts with Hill in the fold.

Your starters are:

Nash
Bell
Hill
Amare
Matrix

They have to match up with:

Parker
Finley/Ginobili
Bowen
Duncan
Oberto

Matrix is on Parker.
Bell is on Gino/Finley
Amare (hehe) is on Duncan

That leaves Nash and Hill for Bowen and Oberto.

It's a simple question for you - who guards who?

The sad thing is you aren't even that good a troll, this thread is seven pages of bored Spurs fans teeing off on your dumb ass.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 11:01 PM
So da_suns_fan...

Either he's THAT good, or your defense is THAT horrific. It's gotta be one or the other.

Idiot.

Didn't you read? They have Raja Bell, Mr. All-First Team NBA Defense But Can't Guard non-top 5 PG Tony Parker to save his life. Oh, now that they have Grant Hill, he will obviously be guarding Tony :rollin

John Patrick
07-05-2007, 11:04 PM
maybe if the suns get older they can...
nope.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Actually I did, I have a degree in mathematics :lol

Again, I've asked you repeatedly how D'Antoni adjusts with Hill in the fold.

Your starters are:

Nash
Bell
Hill
Amare
Matrix

They have to match up with:

Parker
Finley/Ginobili
Bowen
Duncan
Oberto

Matrix is on Parker.
Bell is on Gino/Finley
Amare (hehe) is on Duncan

That leaves Nash and Hill for Bowen and Oberto.

It's a simple question for you - who guards who?

The sad thing is you aren't even that good a troll, this thread is seven pages of bored Spurs fans teeing off on your dumb ass.

OH WOW! The Spurs have found a loop hole that allows them to start six players to everyone else's five. Either that or you found away to genetically combine Finley and Ginobili into a single player.

Nice try douche bag! :lol

I've already done this:

Parker - Bell
Finley - Hill
Bowen - Nash
Duncan - Marion
Oberto - Amare (or you can switch these last two).

LavaLamp
07-05-2007, 11:06 PM
...while most of them are level headed human beings who want to talk about some ball.

Hear, hear OldDirtMcGirt... let's continue talking about basketball and keep the "fuckhead" counter down to a minimum.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 11:10 PM
So da_suns_fan...

Idiot.

Parker had three good/great games against the Suns and three stinkers.

Those other 5-7 players I mentioned. Im pretty sure they would show up more than half the time.

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2007, 11:20 PM
OH WOW! The Spurs have found a loop hole that allows them to start six players to everyone else's five. Either that or you found away to genetically combine Finley and Ginobili into a single player.

I've already done this:

Parker - Bell
Finley - Hill
Bowen - Nash
Duncan - Marion

Marion on Duncan???? LMAO you really are a dumbass. There is no way that Marion can physically guard Duncan while giving up 5 inches and about 30-40 pounds.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Marion on Duncan???? LMAO you really are a dumbass. There is no way that Marion can physically guard Duncan while giving up 5 inches and about 30-40 pounds.

Against the Spurs we'll just use KT on Duncan.

Clutch20
07-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Good Luck Grant Hill, then.........I wonder how much Steve Kerr figured in on sealing the deal.

“They do a great job of their system and staying true to form,
making big plays in big moments,” Suns coach Mike D'Antoni
told reporters in Phoenix on Thursday. “That's what we're
trying to get. Mental toughness, being lucky, I don't know
what it is.”

The Spurs, D”Antoni added, just seem to “believe a little bit
more.”
“All the time,” he said.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2007, 11:28 PM

I've already done this:

Parker - Bell
Finley - Hill
Bowen - Nash
Duncan - Marion

Um, it was an either/or type thing. You know, 'substitutions' as you so aptly put it.

Matrix on Tim Duncan. :lol So you thump your chest about matchups, but your solution is to put Marion on Tim Duncan? No wonder your team is fishing in May every year.

da_suns_fan__
07-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Um, it was an either/or type thing. You know, 'substitutions' as you so aptly put it.

Matrix on Tim Duncan. :lol So you thump your chest about matchups, but your solution is to put Marion on Tim Duncan? No wonder your team is fishing in May every year.

So the Spurs will have to adjust their starting lineup depending on whether or not Grant Hill is starting or not?

Sounds like a good signing to me.

Oh..and if the Spurs have the option to start Ginobili in your newest "hypothetical" situation, then the Suns will start Kurt Thomas!

Parker - Marion
Ginobili - Bell
Bowen - Nash
Oberto - Amare
Duncan - KT

Eventually, the Spurs will have to sub in Finley or Barry and the Suns can go with Hill.

Again, I like that matchup for the Suns.

Russ
07-06-2007, 12:39 AM
This article pretty much nails it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19621196/

SequSpur
07-06-2007, 12:50 AM
There is no need to adjust shit because of Hill. You see people, it's all about the cause and effect of a signing... You want to get fans pumped up? Sign a name, sign a has been, sign guaranteed potential...

This week the headlines were: Spurs resign Vaughn and Bonner. You know what, that isn't even news. Who the fuck else was going to sign these tools? Ummm nobody... And yet Bonner got triple the minimum for his shitty talent... What the shit is that?

Grant Hill is on the front page of CNN, ESPN, Fox, etc. blah blah blah..... Will it amount to shit? Probably not... but the Spurs got the shit end of the deal again.

It has nothing to do with four championships, it's about the free agent scoreboard which san antonio is showing with Bonner and Vaughn.... What a nightmare.

phyzik
07-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Suns are OLD!!! /confused Suns fan

phyzik
07-06-2007, 12:59 AM
There is no need to adjust shit because of Hill. You see people, it's all about the cause and effect of a signing... You want to get fans pumped up? Sign a name, sign a has been, sign guaranteed potential...

This week the headlines were: Spurs resign Vaughn and Bonner. You know what, that isn't even news. Who the fuck else was going to sign these tools? Ummm nobody... And yet Bonner got triple the minimum for his shitty talent... What the shit is that?

Grant Hill is on the front page of CNN, ESPN, Fox, etc. blah blah blah..... Will it amount to shit? Probably not... but the Spurs got the shit end of the deal again.

It has nothing to do with four championships, it's about the free agent scoreboard which san antonio is showing with Bonner and Vaughn.... What a nightmare.

THAT scoreboard dont count until the end of the season.... Come on Sequ.... your slippin man.

Johnny RIngo
07-06-2007, 01:13 AM
So the Spurs will have to adjust their starting lineup depending on whether or not Grant Hill is starting or not?

Sounds like a good signing to me.

Oh..and if the Spurs have the option to start Ginobili in your newest "hypothetical" situation, then the Suns will start Kurt Thomas!

Parker - Marion
Ginobili - Bell
Bowen - Nash
Oberto - Amare
Duncan - KT

Eventually, the Spurs will have to sub in Finley or Barry and the Suns can go with Hill.

Again, I like that matchup for the Suns.

S0ns still can't play defense.

No defense=no championship

AnkleBreaker21
07-06-2007, 01:47 AM
old ass grant hill with those bum ankles in that sun's offense. i cant wait to see that shit:lol

x_roux_x
07-06-2007, 01:51 AM

I own you pal.

You need to own a box of condemns so you dont reproduce...

mavs>spurs2
07-06-2007, 01:57 AM
You need to own a box of condemns so you dont reproduce...

wow that actually made m laugh out loud

rascal
07-06-2007, 06:41 AM
he's the ken griffey, jr. of the nba

Ken Griffey is having a great year. But Hill is not going to help Phoenix much.

da_suns_fan__
07-06-2007, 10:07 AM
S0ns still can't play defense.

No defense=no championship

Hey tool...when does summer school start?

You are the most worthless poster I've ever seen.

Seriously, you go from thread to thread saying the exact same thing over and over.

And LMAO at someone making jokes about the Suns when they cheer for the San Antonio Evas.

MisterWhodat
07-06-2007, 10:12 AM
I think this is a pretty big deal. Obviously, the Spurs would have loved to have had him, but he would have been buried on the bench.

The big problem is, this gives the Suns another professional, hustle-guy like Nash. Not only that, it’s a guy who can actually teach Marion how to play, as opposed to just living off natural ability. Hell – maybe this is the guy who can make Stoudemire act like he gives a damn.

Before, the “veteran leader off the bench” guy over there was Kurt Thomas. Yeah – I think Grant Hill is a pretty big upgrade on that front.

Hopefully, one of these foreign guys the Spurs have been waiting on from previous drafts comes in and makes a big contribution. They need a little something new to ensure that they keep pace with Phoenix.

wildbill2u
07-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Phoenix fans are always complaining about their owner and how he wants to avoid the luxury tax. Isn't that why the Suns have reputedly put Marion on the block? Is the Hill signing a signal that they may replace Marion with Hill?

If so, do you think the Suns will be better off? I don't. This may foreshadow a coming weakness in the Suns as opposed to an upgrade.

da_suns_fan__
07-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Phoenix fans are always complaining about their owner and how he wants to avoid the luxury tax. Isn't that why the Suns have reputedly put Marion on the block? Is the Hill signing a signal that they may replace Marion with Hill?

If so, do you think the Suns will be better off? I don't. This may foreshadow a coming weakness in the Suns as opposed to an upgrade.

Hill was brought in to replace James Jones.

And even if they did trade marion, they wouldn't give him away for free.

da_suns_fan__
07-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Grant Hill was offered the Suns' biennial exception, which will pay him $1.83 million in the coming season and give him a player option to return at $1.97 million for 2008-09.

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Jul. 5, 2007 10:10 PM

When Suns fans last saw Grant Hill at US Airways Center in January, he was being defended by Raja Bell as Shawn Marion blocked a last-minute attempt to cut a Phoenix lead that had been 18 points to 1.

Hill decided he would like to be between Marion and Bell a lot more - as part of a starting lineup. Hill agreed to terms Thursday with Phoenix on a two-year, $3.8 million contract, including a player option for 2008-09. All that consternation during the past week's recruiting process turned out to be unnecessary, because Hill favored Phoenix all along.

Hill was attracted to the chance to win a championship, because he turns 35 in October and has never been past the playoffs' first round. He was lured by a system that fits his versatile skills and de-emphasizes practice labor, a major point for a man who has undergone five ankle surgeries since 2000. Hill's desire to maintain a significant role was met when Phoenix told him he could start alongside Bell, Marion, Steve Nash and Amaré Stoudemire.

After averaging 30.9 minutes last year, Phoenix expects Hill to play 25 to 30 minutes. His playmaking provides more options because the Suns can run an offense through him as a "point forward" and they can play pick-and-roll with him because of his strong decision-making and reliable midrange shot. Swing's note: More playmaking and someone besides Nash to score from mid-range consistently. Of course Diaw could.....

Those facets made money less of a factor, particularly after Hill has earned $124 million in the league, not to mention endorsements. The Suns did move from an initial veteran's minimum offer of $1,219,590 to their biennial exception, available every two years and last used for Brian Grant. Hill will make $1.83 million this season and get $1.97 million in the next if he chooses to return. Swing's note: Frugal, not cheap. Sarver loves us, he just has a weird damn way of showing it.....

"I just thought it was a good fit," Hill told the Orlando Sentinel. "I took a look at a lot of teams and the Suns were just at that next level. The Suns, it just seemed like they wanted me.

"I like their style of play and they have a real shot at winning a championship. It was just very appealing."

Hill picked Phoenix over Detroit, San Antonio, Orlando, Miami and Dallas. His agent, Lon Babby, said the chance to contribute to a championship topped Hill's wish list and was a mix of good fortune for Phoenix, whose luxury tax situation limited what it could do on the free agent market this summer.

"The opportunity described to him is consistent with what he's looking for," Babby said. "He's not someone looking for anything granted to him but more that he'd have the opportunity to start.

"He's a special guy. He's a great basketball player but his personal qualities are even more important."

Nash, who put in a recruiting call to Hill this week, stands to benefit as much as anyone after two long seasons of increased minutes and playmaking reliance. With Hill, Nash will have fewer burdens to create. When Nash is out, he can rest longer because Hill, Boris Diaw and Leandro Barbosa are all playmakers.

"In Detroit, I played him really at point guard," said TNT analyst Doug Collins, who, like Suns assistant Alvin Gentry, was a head coach of Hill's in Detroit. "Now you can sit Steve down and you don't have to worry about rushing him back.

"This is a great signing for the Suns. You can't ask for a more professional teammate than Grant. He's got a lot left in the tank. The style of play is really going to be good for him."

Hill's professionalism was a big plus for the Suns, who admittedly needed to improve on chemistry by season's end. Players respect Hill, who can bridge the locker room's usual cliques. Character has long been a Suns priority but General Manager Steve Kerr has re-emphasized it from his experiences on five title teams.

The main concern with Hill will be his health.

He is coming off a season in which he played 65 games and averaged 14.4 points. He had played in fewer than 30 games in five of the prior seasons in Orlando. Even last season, Hill sat out the second game on some back-to-back sets or when either leg was sore. With light practices and an acclaimed athletic training staff, the Suns - and Babby - believe Hill will be fine.

The Suns may be done in free agency except for re-signing Sean Marks and using the 13th roster spot for a player such as second-round pick D.J. Strawberry or summer league pickup Pape Sow.

Free-agent big men like Chris Mihm or P.J. Brown could be pursued if the Suns were to trade Kurt Thomas, who will make $8.1 million this season.

Hill's game

The book on Suns acquisition Grant Hill:

Shooter

He is a strong midrange shooter, with 48.2 percent career accuracy after hitting 51.8 percent last season.

Passer

He has playmaker instincts, so the offense can be run through him. He averaged 7.0 assists from 1995 to 1998.

Finisher

He can finish well on the fast break and in the half-court, although injuries and age have reduced his slashing.

Defender

He is not close to being a stopper but, at 6-foot-8, he can be good, even on point guards, when he's moving well.

Do-gooder

He is an upstanding person who brings a lot of maturity and wisdom to the locker room, court and community.

The Grant Hill timeline

1972: Born in Dallas. Son of an attorney, Janet, and NFL player, Calvin.

1990: Graduated from high school in Virginia and signed with Duke.

1994: Reached his third NCAA title game but lost after winning the first two. Drafted third by Detroit.

1995: Named co-Rookie of the Year with Jason Kidd.

1997: Finished third in MVP voting, led Detroit to 54 wins and was All-NBA first team.

1999: Married recording artist Tamia.

2000: After averaging 25.8 points in the 1999-2000 season and playing with an injured ankle in the playoffs, Hill went to Orlando in a sign-and-trade deal that gave him a seven-year, $92 million contract. Detroit got Ben Wallace and Chucky Atkins.

2004: After a fourth surgery on his left ankle led to a fifth because of a life-threatening staph infection, Hill missed the 2003-04 season after playing only 47 games in his first three Orlando seasons because of ankle injuries.

2005: Underwent surgery for a sports hernia and played in 21 of the 2005-06 season's games with persistent groin problems.

2007: Finished a season playing for the first time since 1999. He averaged 14 points in 65 games.

Up-Hill, down-Hill

A look at the pros and cons of Grant Hill joining the Suns:

Pros

• A starting lineup improvement and bargain if he, as expected, takes the oft-rotated fifth spot with Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Shawn Marion and Amaré Stoudemire.

• Another scorer with an accurate midrange shot and the ability to finish off fast breaks and drives.

• A high-character person who will help team chemistry, be well liked by fans and play unselfishly.

• The prospect of his wife, Tamia, singing the national anthem before a game. Quentin Richardson's fiancee when he was with the team, Brandy, never did.

Cons

• A scary health history. He turns 35 on Oct. 5 and needs constant attention on his left ankle, which has undergone five surgeries.

• His defense will get some criticism but is underrated, so that should fit right in with the Suns. He can guard various positions.

• Hill is not a strong three-point shooter - but he knows not to take threes (2 for 12 last year).

• Tamia is Canadian, so maybe the anthem idea is out unless she sings on the night the Toronto Raptors visit.

- Paul Coro

wildbill2u
07-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Hill was brought in to replace James Jones.

And even if they did trade marion, they wouldn't give him away for free.
OK. I noticed in the Arizona Republic article above that Hill could start with Bell, Marion, Amare and Nash. Who is he going to put on the bench? Diaw?

Any way you cut it, with Kurt Thomas gone, Phoenix doesn't get better defensively with this move.

Johnny RIngo
07-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey tool...when does summer school start?

You are the most worthless poster I've ever seen.

Seriously, you go from thread to thread saying the exact same thing over and over.

Truth hurts, huh? S0ns don't play defense. Never have, Never will. The S0ns are undeserving of a championships in the same vein that Steve Trash is undeserving of his two MVPs. He's a player that only plays one side of the court. That weak ass defense may look nice against all the scrub lottery teams but it doesn't quite cut it against the top playoff squads.

And LMAO at someone making jokes about the Suns when they cheer for the San Antonio Evas.

Spurs have 4 championships while the S0ns have 0. S0ns don't deserve any of my respect.

da_suns_fan__
07-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Truth hurts, huh? S0ns don't play defense. Never have, Never will. The S0ns are undeserving of a championships in the same vein that Steve Trash is undeserving of his two MVPs. He's a player that only plays one side of the court. That weak ass defense may look nice against all the scrub lottery teams but it doesn't quite cut it against the top playoff squads.

Spurs have 4 championships while the S0ns have 0. S0ns don't deserve any of my respect.

Why is that everyone in the country loves the Suns and just doesn't care about the Spurs?

We have to see a million cuts of EVA every Spurs game to try and prevent us from changing the channel.

GO EVA!

Soul_Patch
07-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Why is that everyone in the country loves the Suns and just doesn't care about the Spurs?

We have to see a million cuts of EVA every Spurs game to try and prevent us from changing the channel.

GO EVA!

link? data? anything? o thats right your just talking out of your ass again.

You are a suns fan, obviously bent on the fact that the spurs own your team...here on a spurs board daily...talking about how the spurs are such a shadow in the league.....ironic? possibly!

you've obviously cared enough to rack up a fairly decent post count in a short time span.

Johnny RIngo
07-06-2007, 11:39 AM

Britney Spears sells millions of records. Titanic is the highest grossing movie of all time.

Just because something's popular doesn't mean it's good. If anything it proves the S0ns are a gimmick/fad. Nobody's going to give a shit about them a few years down the line when they realize the S0ns are really nothing more than a glorified group of losers.

Soul_Patch
07-06-2007, 11:43 AM
i still think "da_suns_fan" is a long time spurs poster, with an alter ego....i really dont think its plausible for someone to be as utterly ridiculous as he is, and not be fake.

da_suns_fan__
07-06-2007, 11:45 AM
link? data? anything? o thats right your just talking out of your ass again.

You are a suns fan, obviously bent on the fact that the spurs own your team...here on a spurs board daily...talking about how the spurs are such a shadow in the league.....ironic? possibly!

you've obviously cared enough to rack up a fairly decent post count in a short time span.

Seriously...have you been in the dark the last couple months?

http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/2007/05/spurs-jazz-continue-march-to-infamy.html

Soul_Patch
07-06-2007, 11:51 AM
So this is your proof that the country loves the suns, but hates the spurs?

Thats compelling. It couldn't possibly be that we played such inferior opponents in the playoffs, that there wasnt really a competition to entice people to watch. I mean sure...its fun watching the harlem globe trotters whip up on their bitch team, but...i mean...it gets old eh?? People like to see competition junior. People like to root for an underdog as well. The spurs are very good at ruining the whole competition thing, and they havent been an underdog in about 10 years.

So my question is, if you are so insistent on the spurs being such a boring organization, and the whole country hating us...what compells you to be here day in and day out riding on our collective balls? Cant get over the fact that your team just cant get it done? or are you a closet fan yourself?

da_suns_fan__
07-06-2007, 11:53 AM
So this is your proof that the country loves the suns, but hates the spurs?

Thats compelling. It couldn't possibly be that we played such inferior opponents in the playoffs, that there wasnt really a competition to entice people to watch. I mean sure...its fun watching the harlem globe trotters whip up on their bitch team, but...i mean...it gets old eh??

So my question is, if you are so insistent on the spurs being such a boring organization, and the whole country hating us...what compells you to be here day in and day out riding on our collective balls? Cant get over the fact that your team just cant get it done? or are you a closet fan yourself?

No..thats my proof that the country doesn't care about the Spurs!!!!

Yay EVA!!!!

Soul_Patch
07-06-2007, 11:54 AM
No..thats my proof that the country doesn't care about the Spurs!!!!

Yay EVA!!!!

yep...i figured...ran out of quips, so revert back to what you know.

nice life being a simpleton eh?

da_suns_fan__
07-06-2007, 12:05 PM
yep...i figured...ran out of quips, so revert back to what you know.

nice life being a simpleton eh?

Would you like to talk about your "Cavs were an inferior opponent" excuse?

What about the other two times the Spurs set the record for lowest ratings?

Why is it that Magic/Rockets serires (that was also a sweep) was watched by such a larger portion of the country?

Oh wait....Market sizes, right?!!!!!

E20
07-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey Da_Shits_fan, your team sucks ASS, Amare sucks and should do some more pushups. Nash is garbage, he wouldn't be able to guard a cardboard cut out. It would be easier for the Suns to sort out fly shit from pepper with boxing gloves on before they beat the Spurs.

Suns Suck
Suns Suck X10000000

Your team will never beat my team. Grant Hill sucks ass, he will get injured 1st game of the season and even if he doesn't it won't matter he's not what he used to be and his old ass won't last in an up-tempo style that the Shits run.

da_suns_fan__
07-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey Da_Shits_fan, your team sucks ASS, Amare sucks and should do some more pushups. Nash is garbage, he wouldn't be able to guard a cardboard cut out. It would be easier for the Suns to sort out fly shit from pepper with boxing gloves on before they beat the Spurs.

Suns Suck
Suns Suck X10000000

Your team will never beat my team. Grant Hill sucks ass, he will get injured 1st game of the season and even if he doesn't it won't matter he's not what he used to be and his old ass won't last in an up-tempo style that the Shits run.

San Antonio's finest ladies and gentleman!

You should be proud!

You suck at this man. Seriously.

Johnny RIngo
07-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Not impressed.

Next

Exactly what I was thinking after the Spurs eliminated the S0ns.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-06-2007, 12:24 PM
San Antonio's finest ladies and gentleman!

You should be proud!

Don't worry. We are. :king

da_suns_fan__
07-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Don't worry. We are. :king

Its not even a challenge anymore. You guys suck at this!

Go Eva Go!

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-06-2007, 12:31 PM

Go Eva Go!
:dramaquee

Johnny RIngo
07-06-2007, 12:34 PM

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-06-2007, 12:48 PM

RonMexico
07-06-2007, 01:29 PM
So da_suns_fan...

Idiot.

Well, he's obviously pretty good because he destroyed the Cavs in 4 straight games... at least Marion was able to contain him for a few after his 30-point outburst in Game 1.

bull62400
07-06-2007, 03:03 PM
i dont think hill going to the suns merits 10 pages at all. hill wont help them just like karl malone and gary peyton didnt help the lakers.

yourcheatinheart
07-06-2007, 06:35 PM
i dont think hill going to the suns merits 10 pages at all. hill wont help them just like karl malone and gary peyton didnt help the lakers.

at least spell the player's name right for god's sake "PAYTON" son "GARY PAYTON"

and G. Hill will help the Suns, he'll be good for 20-25 min. a night. I like him in the starting lineup Nash, Raja, Marion, and Amare with The Blur, Frenchie Diaw, and hopefully a reincarnated Marcus Banks coming off the bench. He adds a veteran presence in the lockerroom the Suns need.

yourcheatinheart
07-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Britney Spears sells millions of records. Titanic is the highest grossing movie of all time.

Just because something's popular doesn't mean it's good. If anything it proves the S0ns are a gimmick/fad. Nobody's going to give a shit about them a few years down the line when they realize the S0ns are really nothing more than a glorified group of losers.

funny, no one cares about the spurs now..."LOWEST RATED FINALS EVER!!" :greedy

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-06-2007, 06:54 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/Mr_Bottomtooth/nba.jpg

Johnny RIngo
07-06-2007, 06:58 PM

Has anyone ever cared about the S0ns? Fads and gimmicks fade away quickly and don't last very long(kinda like how the S0ns never last long in the postseason)

Phoenis fans like to think of the S0ns as a contender when in reality the West only has two elite teams(Spurs and Mavs). S0ns belong in the second tier with the Jazz, Rockets, and Nuggets.

yourcheatinheart
07-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Has anyone ever cared about the S0ns? Fads and gimmicks fade away quickly and don't last very long(kinda like how the S0ns never last long in the postseason)

Phoenis fans like to think of the S0ns as a contender when in reality the West only has two elite teams(Spurs and Mavs). S0ns belong in the second tier with the Jazz, Rockets, and Nuggets.

you make me laugh. the mavs??? you can't even spell let alone make a clear concious basketball rhetoric. your fucking high if you don't think the Suns are contenders. we had you on the ropes and your number 1 fan in the leauge front office saved your ass. don't feed the masses bullshit and call it chocolate soufle. plus everyone knows what happend to Johnny Ringo at the end of Tombstone. "You aint no daisy, you aint no daisy at all".

yourcheatinheart
07-06-2007, 07:44 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/Mr_Bottomtooth/nba.jpg

*note all of those purchases were made inside bexar county :lol

E20
07-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Suns land Hill
More like Shits land even more Shit.

bull62400
07-06-2007, 07:47 PM
at least spell the player's name right for god's sake "PAYTON" son "GARY PAYTON"

and G. Hill will help the Suns, he'll be good for 20-25 min. a night. I like him in the starting lineup Nash, Raja, Marion, and Amare with The Blur, Frenchie Diaw, and hopefully a reincarnated Marcus Banks coming off the bench. He adds a veteran presence in the lockerroom the Suns need.
and nash doesnt have veteran presence already?! as far as the veteran help, g. hill will only assist nash in what he has already created. he will be a great role player i admit, but its nothing to brag about. oh, and sorry, Gary Payton. there i spelled it right. lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-06-2007, 07:51 PM
*note all of those purchases were made inside bexar county :lol
Your point was the no one cares about the Spurs. Apparently people do care, if not they wouldn't be spending their money on their merchandise.

yourcheatinheart
07-06-2007, 07:53 PM
and nash doesnt have veteran presence already?! as far as the veteran help, g. hill will only assist nash in what he has already created. he will be a great role player i admit, but its nothing to brag about. oh, and sorry, Gary Payton. there i spelled it right. lol

Grant Hill is exactly what the Suns need a savvy veteran, team leader, but in no way is he a savior. we have the tools already in the shed to win it all. we all watched the same games. you can't tell me otherwise