PDA

View Full Version : Can Life Get Any Better For Tony Parker?

duncan228
07-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this. The Club? Please move if needed. It's a little basketball, a lot Eva.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19603518/

Can life get any better for Tony Parker?
Finals MVP, another title, marrying Longoria in a castle . . . 'nuff said

OPINION
By Michael Ventre
MSNBC contributor

Everybody raves about the San Antonio Spurs’ ability to scout. They usually point to the selection of Tony Parker as Exhibit A. But has anyone stopped to ponder Parker’s ability to scout? Have you taken a good look at Eva Longoria lately? Parker is the Jerry West of talent evaluators. The only downside, of course, is that Parker only gets to make one pick. Ideally.

This weekend, the Spurs’ preeminent lucky duck will tie the knot with the “Desperate Housewives” diva in France. They eschewed the traditional Knights of Columbus hall or faux-opulent catering clip joint in favor of a 16th-century castle in Chantilly. Frankly, it’s a little annoying that two people who probably rake in about $20 million per year between them have to pinch pennies by staging their nuptials in such an old place.

But I’m sure they’ll dress it up. Perhaps a slinky Gabrielle Solis poster here, a Tony Parker action “Fathead” wall graphic there, a few balloons, some streamers, a couple of candles. Really, why would anyone hire a wedding planner when they can have ideas like this for free?

Debates continue to crackle from coast to coast over which player in the NBA is the very best. Kobe Bryant? Tim Duncan? LeBron James? Dwyane Wade?

But how can any of them actually be the best when they’re all envious of one man: Tony Parker. He’s marrying a woman who is only slightly less hot than the surface of the sun. He just helped his Spurs win another championship; now he has three titles under his belt. He was named Finals MVP. And he’s only 25. Any second now, I expect him to be named the new host of “The Price is Right” and be given a full pardon by President Bush for anything he might do during the rest of his life.

The actual wedding promises to be the social event of the year. It’s easily the most significant off-the-court development in the NBA, topping both the annual Ron Artest canine-survival competition and the announcement that Kobe Bryant was given a bottle and is quietly napping.

Celebrities from all strata of society will be in attendance, flashing their special engraved invitations just long enough to gain entry and then racing to the nearest computer to make them available on eBay. The motif of the invitation itself appears to be a cross between the Dead Sea Scrolls and something you might find inside Hallmark’s Le Outlet Store. There seems to have been a major explosion at the taste factory.

Parker has been coy about his involvement in the planning of the wedding. If he’s like most NBA players who get hitched, he’ll limit his participation to the areas of caviar and flowers. The bulk of the choices were made by Longoria, and if the choices in men that she has made on “Desperate Housewives” is any indication, this wedding has the potential to be trashy and unreliable.

This whole castle thing is apparently the latest rage among brides with unlimited amounts of money and an unlimited view of their own worth. David Beckham and Spice Girl Victoria Adams got married in an Irish castle. Madonna and Guy Ritchie said “I Do” at a Scottish castle. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes exchanged vows in a castle outside of Rome.
When Tony sees the bill for this one, he’ll wish he got married at the Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland, which two people can visit for about $126, excluding snacks and souvenirs. Or Hearst Castle, which runs about $50 per couple. I hear Knights’ Kingdom in Legoland is also very nice.

But apparently Eva wants a wedding to remember. Like most women, she has romantic fantasies. The Chateau de Chantilly outside of Paris, reportedly the site of Saturday’s event, has a rich history of romance. Napoleon had his high-school prom there. Marie Antoinette would often stop by while on dates to use the bidet. The Hunchback of Notre Dame lost his virginity there. And Charles de Gaulle was particularly fond of the place because he finally found something in France that was uglier than he was.

Speaking of Marie Antoinette, most historians highly doubt that she ever uttered the phrase, “Let them eat cake!” after being told there was no bread for the peasants. But if Longoria utters a comparable command, it would probably be, “Let them eat cake — but let me fly it in from L.A. first.”

It’s unclear whether this is actually true or not, but there is a report that Longoria bought a first-class ticket on a flight from L.A. to Paris just for a specially prepared wedding cake. I can just see some frustrated businessman pacing at LAX waiting to see if he got an upgrade on the flight and finally being told there were no more seats because a large cake got the last one. Even worse, a star cake would probably be really obnoxious and keep sending food back.

What, they don’t have bakeries in France? Eva could save a lot of time and money by flipping through a copy of Frommer’s, finding a local patisserie and sparing the L.A. cake the indignity of being frisked by French security.

And Saturday’s date happens to be July 7. That is 7-7-07, which apparently is a very desirable date to get married because for superstitious types it’s triple 7s. Some feel it is the most popular wedding day in history. And Parker is reportedly the one who chose the date, not his blushing bride.

But does Parker really need any more luck? He’s on top of the basketball world. He’s on top of the mating world. What is he holding out for, an even easier path to the championship plus Teri Hatcher?

Findog
07-05-2007, 12:20 PM
He’s marrying a woman who is only slightly less hot than the surface of the sun.

Umm...okay

http://moviestars.blox.pl/resource/eva_longoria111.jpg

http://www.fashionisspinach.com/images/evalongoria.jpg

http://www.ks1075.com/pageImages/eva_longoria_minus_makeup01_400.jpg

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 12:26 PM
she sure does clean up

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-05-2007, 12:27 PM
She's still cute, even sans makeup.

Findog
07-05-2007, 12:28 PM

She's hot as hell dolled up...as far as without, hey, whatever floats your boat.

angel_luv
07-05-2007, 12:29 PM

I agree. I actually think Eva, all girls actually, look prettiest with minimal make up.

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2007, 12:30 PM
I agree. I actually think Eva, all girls actually, look prettiest with minimal make up.

tell that to the girls at Harlandale or Burbank

Findog
07-05-2007, 12:31 PM

That's usually the case. Fortunately for Eva, she doesn't have to paint it on with a trowel, because she DOES look better with makeup.

duncan228
07-05-2007, 12:37 PM
I saw a picture of her in a People Magazine, I think it was in May.

It was supposedly without make up and with no airbrushing or clean up photography.
She looked great. Much better than these other photos of her without make up that are being posted.

In the quote on the picture she said something like Tony says he loves how she looks when she wakes up and that was why she was marrying him!

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Life would be even better with a repeat in 2007-2008

porscha
07-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Thank you Eva so much! for making our Tony fearlesssss :lol :lol :lol

angel_luv
07-05-2007, 12:48 PM
In the quote on the picture she said something like Tony says he loves how she looks when she wakes up and that was why she was marrying him!

That's sweet. :)

Shelly
07-05-2007, 03:03 PM
some pictures of them at EuroDisney...as well as some others

http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/tag/eva-longoria/

Spurminator
07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
as far as without, hey, whatever floats your boat.

There are some very attractive women who have taken bad pictures. Particularly with a big flash bulb 2 feet from their face.

fatsack
07-05-2007, 04:39 PM
i hope he has a good pre-nup.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2007, 05:20 PM
i hope he has a good pre-nup.

She makes almost as much as he does. So I guess, we should hope she gets one too.

monosylab1k
07-05-2007, 05:22 PM
as long as she takes care of that mustache of hers, he should be a happy guy.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2007, 05:22 PM
They are actually not getting married at the castle, just celebrating there. They are getitng married at a civil ceremony tomorrow and then having a church ceremony on Saturday at Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois church in Paris. Then, they will take a helicopter and I think their friends/family will take limos to the castle for the celebration.

Shelly
07-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Then, they will take a helicopter and I think their friends/family will take limos to the castle for the celebration.

Chopper, how did you get the gig??? :p:

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Chopper, how did you get the gig??? :p:

I actually had a dream a few days ago that I was at their wedding. I have only a passing interest in their wedding because of the Spurs connection, I don't remember my dreams usually, but for some reason I remembered this one.

Weird.