PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore...

Sportcamper
07-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Al Gore Defends Arrested Son’s Carbon Offset Strategy

Al Gore, the concert organizer and former U.S. vice president, today defended his son, Al III, after the younger Gore's arrest for speeding and drug possession, applauding his use of the hybrid Toyota Prius to offset the carbon emissions of his smoking marijuana.

"Even at 100 miles per hour," said the elder Mr. Gore, "the Prius produces less deadly greenhouse gas than a Lincoln Navigator or a Hummer at the same speed. While I don't condone getting caught with marijuana, I would venture to say that my boy's total carbon footprint is still substantially smaller than the median for his socioeconomic and age brackets."

johnsmith
07-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Where's all the folks that always make fun of a kid of a Republican politician?

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Gore is a hypocrite with a $2000+ energy bill a month!

Nbadan
07-06-2007, 12:29 PM

Gore's son isn't campaigning for Daddy.

Sportcamper
07-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Al Gore is such an “arrogant, self righteous, know it all”...Yet he can't even reel in his own children....His son is a drug addict and menace to society......Recently arrested for driving 100 mph with a car load of Drugs including Xanax, Valium, Vicodin and Adderall...

LAGUNA NIGUEL, California (AP) - Al Gore's son was pulled over for speeding on a California freeway early Wednesday and arrested on suspicion of possessing marijuana and prescription drugs, authorities said.

Al Gore III, 24, was driving a blue Toyota Prius about 100 mph south on the San Diego Freeway when he was pulled over by sheriff's deputies who said they smelled marijuana, said Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino.

The deputies searched the car and found less than an ounce of marijuana along with Xanax, Valium, Vicodin and Adderall, which is used for attention deficit disorder, Amormino said.

"He does not have a prescription for any of those drugs," Amormino said.

Gore was being held in the men's central jail in Santa Ana.

Yonivore
07-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Wow, sportcampter! That only took 2 days.

Sportcamper
07-06-2007, 05:08 PM
I can’t tell if I have been insulted or complimented... In any case, lets work together to stop global warming...One Prius at a time...
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/GOREZILLA.jpg

Wild Cobra
07-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Well, I have to say, I cannot blame Gore's son for being in such a mental state to do such things. How would any of us grow up if our fathers kept saying we are doomed, the world as we know it is ending, etc.

Good boost for Prius sales...

They can go 100 MPH!

Yonivore
07-06-2007, 06:26 PM
They can go 100 MPH!
Who knew?

Sportcamper
07-07-2007, 02:32 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20070707/capt.sge.upq85.070707182403.photo00.photo.default-512x371.jpg

Al Gore...Busy saving the planet at his worldwide Live Earth concert...Too bad he can’t make any time for his own son sitting in jail... :dramaquee

HJNTX
07-08-2007, 08:15 PM

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. How absolutely hypocritical can they get.......

smeagol
07-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Very few libs on this thread

gtownspur
07-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Too many argentines in this thread.

Sportcamper
07-18-2007, 08:55 AM
ONLY one week after Live Earth, Al Gore's green credentials slipped while hosting his daughter's wedding in Beverly Hills...

Gore and his guests at the weekend ceremony dined on Chilean sea bass - arguably one of the world's most threatened fish species...

Link... (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22090734-5001031,00.html) :dramaquee

George Gervin's Afro
07-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Why is this even a thread?

xrayzebra
07-18-2007, 09:20 AM
ONLY one week after Live Earth, Al Gore's green credentials slipped while hosting his daughter's wedding in Beverly Hills...

Gore and his guests at the weekend ceremony dined on Chilean sea bass - arguably one of the world's most threatened fish species...

Link... (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22090734-5001031,00.html) :dramaquee

Hey SC, you gotta remember he is supremo and has
special privileges. You surely don't expect him to follow
his rules, do you?

Sportcamper
07-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Why is this even a thread?

Did you just start reading the political forum this morning?

Al Gore invented the internet but does not know a volt from an ohm.... Al Gore is saving us from global warming & demands that everyone buy a Prius but he gets to keep his fleet of Suburban’s...Al Gore is for free speech but is the lone person qualified to rate what is & is not offensive material in film & music...Al Gore is an animal rights activist except when he throws a lavish Beverly Hills dinner party...Al Gore has no time for his own children, he is too busy lecturing everybody else’s children...

DarkReign
07-18-2007, 09:27 AM
God forbid my son ever fucks up like this. It is truly a reflection upon the parents.

Dont worry, his son will get the same sentence every poltician's/actor's/public figure's children get....a slap on the wrist and a nice, comfortable stay at Betty Ford or its equivalent.

xrayzebra
07-18-2007, 09:34 AM
God forbid my son ever fucks up like this. It is truly a reflection upon the parents.

Dont worry, his son will get the same sentence every poltician's/actor's/public figure's children get....a slap on the wrist and a nice, comfortable stay at Betty Ford or its equivalent.

DR he may not. Ms Paris Hilton kinda screwed things up
in California. The really sad thing is that this young mans
father probably will make his life hell because of his stupid pronouncements on life.

From what I read had Paris not been a high profile
person and the sheriff done the stupid thing he did,
she more than likely would have been released from
jail in 2-3 days as is normally done because of jail
overcrowding.

And the media doesn't help. You know they are so
adept at finding news that it looks like a riot in
progress on any story that is easily covered. God
help them if they ever really did do some reporting.

George Gervin's Afro
07-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Did you just start reading the political forum this morning?

Al Gore invented the internet but does not know a volt from an ohm.... Al Gore is saving us from global warming & demands that everyone buy a Prius but he gets to keep his fleet of Suburban’s...Al Gore is for free speech but is the lone person qualified to rate what is & is not offensive material in film & music...Al Gore is an animal rights activist except when he throws a lavish Beverly Hills dinner party...Al Gore has no time for his own children, he is too busy lecturing everybody else’s children...

You know I don't quite remember Gore stating that "..he is is saving us from global warming & demands that everyone buy a Prius". or anything else you have stated for that matter? Wait your making it up?.. Oh ok that's funny.. :rolleyes

Sportcamper
07-18-2007, 09:42 AM
I guess you have never listened to “Al & Tipper speeches”...

Extra Stout
07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Al Gore's heroism continues.

His son's arrest brings attention to the adequate performance of the Prius, thus spreading awareness, and perhaps promoting the purchase of more hybrid vehicles.

Likewise, his consumption of endangered Chilean sea bass brings attention to the plight of that poor fish, thus spreading awareness, and perhaps promoting conservation efforts.

Everywhere he goes, Al spreads awareness.

Sportcamper
07-18-2007, 09:51 AM
I will give Al Gore this....He has been very supportive of the Michael Vick pet rescue centers...

DarkReign
07-18-2007, 10:00 AM
DR he may not. Ms Paris Hilton kinda screwed things up
in California. The really sad thing is that this young mans
father probably will make his life hell because of his stupid pronouncements on life.

From what I read had Paris not been a high profile
person and the sheriff done the stupid thing he did,
she more than likely would have been released from
jail in 2-3 days as is normally done because of jail
overcrowding.

And the media doesn't help. You know they are so
adept at finding news that it looks like a riot in
progress on any story that is easily covered. God
help them if they ever really did do some reporting.

I will not argue with that at all. IMO, youre absolutely correct. Paris was used to show how stern the courts can be, they extremed one way to prove they show no favoritism. Did I shed a tear for her? Hell-to-the-NO!

But when headlines like "Man with 7 prior DUIs fatally injures child" are the norm, it becomes apparent to me.

But, this guy isnt some easy target for prosecutors like the ditzy, whore that Paris was/is. His father was one state away from the Presidency. I dont give 2 shits how many hotels your great-great-grandfather owns, he wasnt the Vice President for 8 years.

Sportcamper
07-18-2007, 10:19 AM
The Paris Hilton thing was nothing but political posturing...LA City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo & wife have been using city vehicles for personal use while getting into auto accidents...His wife has not had a valid drivers license...They have un paid parking tickets....You would think if you're wife is on the lam from the law, you don't go spouting off about Paris in the clinker....

xrayzebra
07-18-2007, 11:00 AM
The Paris Hilton thing was nothing but political posturing...LA City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo & wife have been using city vehicles for personal use while getting into auto accidents...His wife has not had a valid drivers license...They have un paid parking tickets....You would think if you're wife is on the lam from the law, you don't go spouting off about Paris in the clinker....

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that he and she were not
aware of the suspended drivers license.

I do understand him using his city vehicle at any time
but not his wife. Seems like "there ought to be a law"
about that sort of thing. At the very least his car
should be taken away from him. Although I have idea
who would do it, I assume he is in an elected office and
some sort of recall would have to be instituted or charges
brought against him.

Wild Cobra
07-18-2007, 06:26 PM
[

Only the best for daddy's girl. Nice catch at $1,000 per fish...

Carbon credits for his energy usage, what does he do for a fish that is so rare? Fund cloning?