PDA

View Full Version : Nice.....

SequSpur
07-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Meanwhile the rest of the NBA is getting stronger by signing excellent talent with their available dollars and the Spurs are wasting their future on turds like Vaughn and Bonner...

That's just fricking great.

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

:madrun

I'm officially pissed.

SpurCapita
07-05-2007, 05:18 PM
I 12% agree.

Kamnik
07-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm officially stupid.

Yeah, quite.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 05:19 PM
2006 offseason forum.

Mr. Body
07-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Grant Hill to the Suns barely makes them better.

Memphis with Conley + Nocioni + a healthy Gasol will compete for a playoff spot, but not with us.

Nocioni leaving Chicago weakens them.

That's about it.

SequSpur
07-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Grant Hill > Vaughn+Bonner+Coyote.

Solid D
07-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Forum Etiquette (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70441&highlight=Etiquette)

tsb2000
07-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Psst. The Spurs won the championship- in a sweep. Exactly how much better are you looking for? :)

SequSpur
07-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Forum Etiquette (http://http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70441&highlight=Etiquette)

www.poplicker.com

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Spurs Dynasty 21 forum.

O-Factor
07-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Are you kidding me?

Back to the topic at hand. We are still the team to beat and will more than likely repeat anyway. We don't need a big free agent signing to continue to kick ass.

bigFUNDAMENTAL
07-05-2007, 05:49 PM
as long as TD, Manu and TP are healthy were fine...

Solid D
07-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Some people just cannot mask their disappointment in prematurely ordering their Fathead Grant Hill wall sticker.

SpursFanInAustin
07-05-2007, 06:57 PM
When next April comes, you'll be touting "Spurs in four" again, Sequ.

:p:

Tek_XX
07-05-2007, 07:04 PM
The Spurs are going to role the dice and hope this current supporting cast can get it done again. Can't say i blame them we did go thru the playoffs quite easily.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-05-2007, 07:06 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smisleep.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smisleep.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smisleep.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smisleep.gifforum

ShoogarBear
07-05-2007, 07:24 PM
http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/archives/borat.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 07:42 PM
:lol

spursfan09
07-05-2007, 08:40 PM
So what. We still have Tim, Tony and Manu and Bowen. 3 championships in the past 5 years. And they are not done yet.

Fast Dunk
07-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Meanwhile the rest of the NBA is getting stronger by signing excellent talent with their available dollars and the Spurs are wasting their future on turds like Vaughn and Bonner...

I'm officially pissed.

True!

:tu

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-05-2007, 09:06 PM
True!

:tu

When this guy agrees with you, you know you're behaving like a moron. :rolleyes

Hook Dem
07-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Go eat some pie!

Fast Dunk_
07-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I have little balls.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-05-2007, 09:16 PM
I have little balls.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :lmao

And an unusually small brain cavity, leading to a troll-like IQ of 74.

Nathan Explosion
07-05-2007, 09:19 PM
http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/archives/borat.jpg

The Spurs season...."Great Success."

When you tore through the playoffs the way the Spurs did, losing 4 games the whole time (that's a .800 winning percentage by the way if my math is correct), you don't need drastic changes. A tweak here or there will be fine. Besides, the Spurs have made moves. They did draft some players who will compete for a chance to play. If they're good enough, they'll play. Not to mention, the new salary cap isn't out just yet, so a team that's close to the cap can't just go out making deals without knowing what kind of money they have first.

Oh, and there's still trades to be made in the league, so we'll see what happens.

Again though, when your team just ate the opponents for lunch the way the Spurs did, why do you feel the need to sign big names? Everyone is trying to get better than you, because obviously no one was last year. Let them panic and sign their futures away.

duncan228
07-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Spurs Dynasty 21 forum.

:lmao

Clutch20
07-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Commentators game quotes:
"The Spurs just have too many weapons"
"No one can contain Tony Parker"
"The veteran-laden Spurs are just too savvy"
"It's like the JV playing the Varsity..."
"...they (Suns) may have come together at the wrong time with San Antonio
still being a dynasty...."
Being at the top, somebody will try to knock us off, I'm counting on the silver & black
getting tired of the repeat championship mantra to the point where they will play hard after March to get the back to back monkey off their backs.

“They do a great job of their system and staying true to form,
making big plays in big moments,” Suns coach Mike D'Antoni
told reporters in Phoenix on Thursday. “That's what we're
trying to get. Mental toughness, being lucky, I don't know
what it is.”

The Spurs, D”Antoni added, just seem to “believe a little bit
more.”
“All the time,” he said.

thekingrobert
07-06-2007, 12:38 AM
people keep saying we have the big 3 but getting better talent would make it easier for the big 3

SRJ
07-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Who were we supposed to sign?

With the cap room available?

Who want to play in San Antonio?

Nathan Explosion
07-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Don't forget, what kind of assets do we have to get a great talent. And if we go after role players, what role players can we get that are better suited for the Spurs, that would negate the fact that a new player has to replace a player that knows this complicated system very well.

Trading Beno doesn't help because he won't get you a better backup in return. His value is low, and in this league, you get what you pay for.

About the only player I can see wanting to come back is maybe Stephen Jackson, but he's not available, and his contract is too much for the Spurs to pay right now if I'm not mistaken. Other than that, there aren't big moves to be made. And even with this team that needs to change, the Spurs were far and away the best team in the league last year.

Why the sudden need to keep up with everyone else. Everyone else needs to keep up with the Spurs. When you make changes to keep up with a lesser team, you'll end up like Dallas against Golden State.

You adjust when it's clear that adjustments need to be made. Until then, I don't see the Spurs making a big move. They've added some good young talent, and if it pays off, that's about all the tweaking we're going to see all year.

Soul_Patch
07-06-2007, 11:33 AM
its fun to get new stuff. i agree.

that said, we do have a good squad. Id love to see a new face rip it up personally, but most people are right, i dont think its needed.

AFBlue
07-06-2007, 11:43 AM
its fun to get new stuff. i agree.

that said, we do have a good squad. Id love to see a new face rip it up personally, but most people are right, i dont think its needed.

http://www.georgiaelitemagazine.com/Jackie%20Butler.jpg

"I'm a new face....sort of"

Soul_Patch
07-06-2007, 11:46 AM
http://www.georgiaelitemagazine.com/Jackie%20Butler.jpg

"I'm a new face....sort of"

exactly. ive been really excited to see what these guys can bring to the table.

Thats really the only thing that is keeping me from being so disapointed during most of the free agent time (for the past few years)

we have these "possibles" waiting in the wings, and whats even better than bringing in a big name, is "making" a big name out of someone who others threw away.

i look forward to watching some summer league action.

Fernando TD21
07-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Don't forget, what kind of assets do we have to get a great talent. And if we go after role players, what role players can we get that are better suited for the Spurs, that would negate the fact that a new player has to replace a player that knows this complicated system very well.

Trading Beno doesn't help because he won't get you a better backup in return. His value is low, and in this league, you get what you pay for.

About the only player I can see wanting to come back is maybe Stephen Jackson, but he's not available, and his contract is too much for the Spurs to pay right now if I'm not mistaken. Other than that, there aren't big moves to be made. And even with this team that needs to change, the Spurs were far and away the best team in the league last year.

Why the sudden need to keep up with everyone else. Everyone else needs to keep up with the Spurs. When you make changes to keep up with a lesser team, you'll end up like Dallas against Golden State.

You adjust when it's clear that adjustments need to be made. Until then, I don't see the Spurs making a big move. They've added some good young talent, and if it pays off, that's about all the tweaking we're going to see all year.
I have to disagree about the highlighted parts of the text. In this league you don't always get what you pay for, sometimes it's far from it :lol .
I don't think the Spurs were "far and away" the best team. Probably the best, but not by much, when compared to other teams in the west.
I don't think we should be desperate for changes, but a good change is always welcome. We shouldn't wait until things get ugly to start thinking about improvements.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Every year people whine that we don't make any big moves, and every year in the last 5 we have won a ring or gone bloody close... it gets a little tired. The biggest move we've made in that entire stretch was Hedo Turkoglu, and what a bust he was (he was the reason we crapped out in 2004 - he makes the odd 3 and we don't even need the TD shot to go up by one in game 5, the series is already over...)

We have two young swingmen in training in White and Williams, we have two young bigs in training in Butler and Bonner. We also have a bunch of Euros just waiting to come over and play for us, including two of the best bigs outside the NBA (at least one of whom will come over in 2008).

IMHO, all we need to call the off-season successful is a young PG like Dowdell to compete with Vaughn, and to rid ourselves of Beno somehow (he's had his chances, time for him to go somewhere else).

There is always a grand plan with the Spurs, and no doubt they are sticking to it.

spursrule32
07-07-2007, 12:33 AM
The only team that's dramatically improved is Portland due to a lucky situation in draft picks (not counting Roy.) They're still a couple of years (maybe one) from making the playoffs. If we're healthy and Stern doesn't alter the rules to impede defense, we are still the best team bar none. The only pick up that make sense is Travis Outlaw - who else out there should we have picked up? Dallas will be good (bigger threat) and the Suns will be good, but at the end of the day they aren't better than us in the playoffs. Who's the real threat and why? Who has a better core than a healthy Tim, Tony and Manu?

yourcheatinheart
07-07-2007, 01:01 AM

vaughn+bonner>hot garbage

Fast Dunk
07-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Every year people whine that we don't make any big moves, and every year in the last 5 we have won a ring or gone bloody close... it gets a little tired. The biggest move we've made in that entire stretch was Hedo Turkoglu, and what a bust he was (he was the reason we crapped out in 2004 - he makes the odd 3 and we don't even need the TD shot to go up by one in game 5, the series is already over...)

We have two young swingmen in training in White and Williams, we have two young bigs in training in Butler and Bonner. We also have a bunch of Euros just waiting to come over and play for us, including two of the best bigs outside the NBA (at least one of whom will come over in 2008).

IMHO, all we need to call the off-season successful is a young PG like Dowdell to compete with Vaughn, and to rid ourselves of Beno somehow (he's had his chances, time for him to go somewhere else).

There is always a grand plan with the Spurs, and no doubt they are sticking to it.

Hey asswipe the only plan the Spurs front office have is to save Holt's money by closing the bank.. and keep him happy

Stingy fucks!

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Hey asswipe the only plan the Spurs front office have is to save Holt's money by closing the bank.. and keep him happy

Stingy fucks!

So why don't you tell us what Cleveland has done this offseason?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-07-2007, 01:12 AM

Stingy fucks!

Get your hand off your penis, seriously.

Lemme see, 4 championships in 9 years - that doesn't just happen. The current Spurs Dynasty is a result of clever long term planning by the best front office in sports, as has been recognised consistently in the annual surveys of sports organisations.

Who exactly should they have signed that would not have impeded the 2008 plan, genius? :rolleyes

Fast Dunk
07-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Get your hand off your penis, seriously.

Lemme see, 4 championships in 9 years - that doesn't just happen. The current Spurs Dynasty is a result of clever long term planning by the best front office in sports, as has been recognised consistently in the annual surveys of sports organisations.

Who exactly should they have signed that would not have impeded the 2008 plan, genius? :rolleyes

Dynasty?

They are NOT a Dynasty.

Dinasties compete and win every year and by winning I mean back to back titles.

Scattered titles don't count as Dinasties...

Avitus1
07-07-2007, 02:29 AM
Grant Hill sucks and so does the rest of the NBA. Well maybe not the rest of it but maybe this topic.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-07-2007, 05:24 AM
Dynasty?

They are NOT a Dynasty.

So the Celtics weren't a dynasty in the 80s? And the Lakers only went back to back in 87-88, so I guess by your rationale they weren't a dynasty either. :rolleyes

You're an idiot. 4 titles in 9 years and 3 in 5, haven't missed the playoffs in a decade, and but for Fisher's .4sec heave and Ginobili's foul last year we could have 5 straight. That is a dynasty, whether you like it or not. We are the most successful team of the last decade, and the run isn't over yet.

WTF are you doing here anyway? Your takes are crap, you have nothing to offer, and you're so clueless that you can't even spell "dynasty".

Moron.

SpurForLife
07-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Dynasty?

They are NOT a Dynasty.

Dude, seriously. Just shut the hell up already. Why the hell are you still here? Your lil team was ousted weeks ago and your still here posting complete garbage? Get a life and get out and enjoy your summer or better still worry about your own team who is going to have a hell of a hard time getting out of the weak east.

Gros Membres!
07-07-2007, 09:18 AM

I'm officially pissed.
What a douche. Go take a walk, get a family, enjoy the offseason. I think it's time to step away from the computer.

Just a refresher, we won the championship with a solid core of guys and and great role players. We need to start grooming the next level of role players but we're not going to find another Timmy out there unless it's one of these unknown European guys. IMHO, seeing what we have in White and Butler in the summer league is huge right now. I also agree with the Spurs FO on waiting for the right opportunity and spending cash wisely today for the future of the organization.

In other words, chill... :smokin :fro :king

michaelwcho
07-07-2007, 10:20 AM
The fans of every other team in the league would trade places with the Spurs, but you have to complain because the offseason is boring for you. It's ridiculous.

Cry Havoc
07-07-2007, 11:04 AM

I'm officially pissed.

Would the Spurs spending all of their cap to give a mediocre (or less than) player a huge contract make you feel better?

Cry Havoc
07-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Dynasty?

They are NOT a Dynasty.

3 titles in 5 years is "scattered" like honey is scattered in a beehive.

zrinkill
07-07-2007, 11:26 AM
The Last idiot Cavs fan is still talking smack ...... thats funny.

and SequaSpur should be ashamed ..... I hate band wagon fans.

ClingingMars
07-07-2007, 06:54 PM
giggle at cavs fans

seriously, we whooped your asses, i think it's time for you to leave

and suns fans need to get over themselves

-Mars

Money316
07-07-2007, 07:30 PM

Stingy fucks!
Not a bad plan actually. Win championships while staying under the cap. Sounds like the optimum plan ... Cost-effective, Performance-based Results.