PDA

View Full Version : Stack agrees to 3 year deal w/Mavs

mabber
07-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Exact amount is not known but reportedly it's a little over the mid-level exception/year.

mardigan
07-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Stackhouse sticking with Mavs

Sixth man agrees to three-year deal, according to sources

05:19 PM CDT on Thursday, July 5, 2007
By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

The Mavericks have reached an agreement in principle on a three-year contract with sixth man Jerry Stackhouse, two sources said Thursday afternoon.

While details remain to be finalized, the two sides have agreed on a deal that will make Stackhouse's salary for next season more than the mid-level exception, which is expected to be around $6 million. If the deal starts at $6.5 million, it would be worth more than $21 million for three seasons.

It was not immediately known if any option years, either for the team or for Stackhouse, were included in the deal.

Stackhouse has evolved into one of the NBA's best sixth men in his three seasons with the Mavericks and, at 32, he had said recently that he was confident that he and his agent, Jeff Schwartz, could reach an agreement with the Mavs. Stackhouse said he had no desire to relocate. Schwartz was not available for comment.

Assuming no snags are hit with details of the deal, Stackhouse can sign on Wednesday, the first day that free agents can make agreements official.

The Mavericks have said since the end of the season that retaining Stackhouse was their No. 1 priority in free agency. He provides toughness, scoring (13.3 points per game in three seasons) and a positive vibe in the locker room.

With Stackhouse locked up, the Mavericks can turn their attention to other free-agent interests. They are taking a patient attack in dealing with the players who are believed to be their top targets: Charlotte's Gerald Wallace, Chicago's P.J. Brown, Miami's James Posey, Golden State's Matt Barnes and Philadelphia's Joe Smith.

The Mavericks believe they will get the chance to acquire one or more of those players at a bargain price in the coming weeks.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/070607dnspomavsbriefs.476bba73.html

Vinnie_Johnson
07-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Nice way to overpay for a bench guy.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Fuckhead.

mardigan
07-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Fuckhead.
:lol Tis the word of the day

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 05:51 PM
:tu :)

yavozerb
07-05-2007, 05:51 PM
33 y/o and getting younger..

BradLohaus
07-05-2007, 05:52 PM
They are taking a patient attack in dealing with the players who are believed to be their top targets: Charlotte's Gerald Wallace, Chicago's P.J. Brown, Miami's James Posey, Golden State's Matt Barnes and Philadelphia's Joe Smith.

Here's to hoping that it's Joe Smith :toast

mabber
07-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Nice way to overpay for a bench guy.

Is paying basically the mid-level exception over-paying for a top 5 6th man?

I know it's hard for a Piston fan to believe that Stack is really valuable in Dallas (other than just on the court) but he really is. It probably says as much about how soft & timid the other Mav players are, but he does seem to have changed/matured since his days prior to the Mavs. His toughness & leadership are important to this particular Mav team.

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2007, 05:56 PM
What the hell Cuban. He won't pay for Nash but he'll over pay for everyone else.

JamStone
07-05-2007, 06:10 PM
That sounds pretty fair to me. Stack still plays 25-30 minutes a game, and he often finishes games. Plus, he's capable of filling in as a starter if there are injuries. He has been a top 6th man for the last couple years. And, he's found a good niche in Dallas. With players like Matt Carroll getting the full MLE, I think it's a fair deal for both sides.

Shank
07-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Whatever.

But at some point I'd like to know that my team is going to add pieces to improve for next season.

timvp
07-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Nice signing. I was hoping Cuban would pull a Nash and lose Stackhouse. Stackhouse kinda sucks but he's good against the Spurs.

JMarkJohns
07-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Nice signing. I was hoping Cuban would pull a Nash and lose Stackhouse. Stackhouse kinda sucks but he's good against the Spurs.

Yeah. And the Suns. He plays his best against both teams...

Vinnie_Johnson
07-05-2007, 07:35 PM
What the hell Cuban. He won't pay for Nash but he'll over pay for everyone else.

:clap That's what i am saying.

ponky
07-05-2007, 07:44 PM
good, i want him on the team, we can't lose one half of the balls of this team

as for those other rumblings:
pj brown no, gerald wallace yes....matt barnes? ugh, fucking ugh....but yeah, alright

dallaskd
07-05-2007, 08:10 PM
i like it. good job cubes.

mavs>spurs2
07-05-2007, 08:25 PM
On 2nd thought, Kapono getting 6mill a year makes this deal seem like a bargain.

Cry Havoc
07-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Role players are getting crazy money these days. Sickening.

monosylab1k
07-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Wallace would obviously be the signing that would make me happiest, but I'd also be very pleased with Brown or Posey. Matt Barnes and Joe Smith do absolutely nothing for me.

And why the hell is Desmond Mason not even on the radar anymore?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2007, 09:50 PM
And why the hell is Desmond Mason not even on the radar anymore?
I don't know why either, but I think everyone abandoned him since he has no jumpshot.

monosylab1k
07-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't know why either, but I think everyone abandoned him since he has no jumpshot.

yeah it's crazy. The guy is a terrific perimeter defender and can jump out of the gym...you'd think more people would be lining up to sign him.

he'd be a perfect replacement for Devean George. George couldn't shoot for shit either, and at least Mason can drive and finish.

milkyway21
07-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Jerry Stackhouse and the Dallas Mavs Dances are currently here in the Phils. for the yearly NBA Madness

NBA Star Jerry Stackhouse, Dallas Mavericks Dancers And Mascot to Host NBA Madness for Filipino Fans at SM Mall in Asia

NBA All-Star Guard Jerry Stackhouse of the Dallas Mavericks, members of the Mavs Dancers and their dunking mascot, Mavs Man, will host NBA Madness for Filipino fans at the SM Mall of Asia from July 6 to 8, 2007. Fans will also have the opportunity to see the Larry O’Brien NBA Championship Trophy as part of the DHL-NBA Trophy Tour. Twelve-year NBA veteran Jerry Stackhouse will participate in on-court basketball competitions and interact with fans. He will also conduct a basketball skills training demonstration and share basketball tips... more..

:lol the Dallas Mavericks bringing the Larry O'Brien trophy to us when they didn't win one.

The Mavs dancers were guests and danced in our local morning TV show Unang Hirit-GMA 7 (like the Spurs Silver dancers of last yr).

link here about some of their activities..
http://www.nba.com/global/philippines/madness07.html

bdictjames
07-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Lol @ the link you just gave ^

I actually thought Jerry was part of the Dancing team.. :lol

Hey didnt the Silver dancers visit the Philippines last year? Maybe the Mavs hope that this will bring good luck and they might win next season..

milkyway21
07-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Lol @ the link you just gave ^

I actually thought Jerry was part of the Dancing team.. :lol

Hey didnt the Silver dancers visit the Philippines last year? Maybe the Mavs hope that this will bring good luck and they might win next season..

Stack dancing? :lol

yep the Silver Dancers were invited last yr.

But I'm not sure about luck these dancers can possibly bring(except the Silver Dancers of course:D), because for the last 2 yrs prior to last yr, the Golden State Warriors dancers (3 members were Pinays), were here too and didn't make in the playoffs the next 2 yrs.

well, I'm glad the Phils are included in their NBA Madness destinations as usual even if I'm not a Mav fan.

I'd like to ask Stack what he thinks about Finley winning his first ring with the Spurs :lol only I don't have the time to watch them live. :smokin

MrChug
07-05-2007, 10:38 PM
good, i want him on the team, we can't lose one half of the balls of this team

as for those other rumblings:
pj brown no, gerald wallace yes....matt barnes? ugh, fucking ugh....but yeah, alright

ponky???? Is that you????? Could we POSSIBLY be agreeing for the 2nd time in our lives?

I've always said that the only nutz on your team was Stack and JET. Is the 2nd half JET in your opinion??

If you're getting rid of Terry, it reminds me of the toll it took on the Mavs when you guys lost NVE...it was sad. I really thought you were on the edge of a breakthru if you would have kept him and easily would have found yourselves more competitive with his experience.

Findog
07-05-2007, 11:07 PM
If you're getting rid of Terry, it reminds me of the toll it took on the Mavs when you guys lost NVE...it was sad. I really thought you were on the edge of a breakthru if you would have kept him and easily would have found yourselves more competitive with his experience.

NVE didn't do shit after he left dallas. He was injured and out of shape in Golden State and Portland, and then washed up in SA. We bought low and sold high.

NVE became Antawn Jamison which became Devin and Stack. Devin gives the Spurs fits and Stack is the balls that left with Nick.

mavsfan1000
07-06-2007, 02:47 AM
Man we're fucked. Horrible signing. An over the hill ballhog that is turnover prone. Avery's lovefest for Stackhouse is sickening.

spursreport
07-06-2007, 02:54 AM
NVE didn't do shit after he left dallas. He was injured and out of shape in Golden State and Portland, and then washed up in SA. We bought low and sold high.

NVE became Antawn Jamison which became Devin and Stack. Devin gives the Spurs fits and Stack is the balls that left with Nick.

While you want to talk about beating the Spurs in 2006, beating the Suns that same year really doesnt count since you needed injuries to get by them. In the last 2 meetings between the Suns/Mavs, Amare showed why his injury was a huge reason why the Mavs were able to get past the suns. He shot what 26 of 32 those last 2 meetings of the season when he finally gained full form and literally ran dunk and layup drills. Fact is the Mavs have yet to prove they can eliminate a healthy suns team in a 7 game series while the Suns have proven otherwise with a healthy roster.

Findog
07-06-2007, 05:56 AM
While you want to talk about beating the Spurs in 2006, beating the Suns that same year really doesnt count since you needed injuries to get by them. In the last 2 meetings between the Suns/Mavs, Amare showed why his injury was a huge reason why the Mavs were able to get past the suns. He shot what 26 of 32 those last 2 meetings of the season when he finally gained full form and literally ran dunk and layup drills. Fact is the Mavs have yet to prove they can eliminate a healthy suns team in a 7 game series while the Suns have proven otherwise with a healthy roster.

Who said anything about Suns-Mavs? This thread is about Stack resigning with Dallas. It's a good move too.

Nash and Amare together are 7-5 against Dallas over the last three years, including the playoff series. Honestly, I'd rather face them than Golden State. Bring them the fuck on.

MrChug
07-06-2007, 07:45 AM
[QUOTE=Findog]NVE didn't do shit after he left dallas.QUOTE]

You missed the point, and how typical of you. :bang

I asked one question made one point...AND I WAS TALKING TO PONKY. Question: Is JT the 2nd nut on the mavs squad currently.

Point: NVE was the nuts on THE TEAM HE WAS ON. He was surrounded by fantastic talent that he was able to thrive in. ON THE MAVERICKS. Your decision to let him go left to the funk of futility that you currently live in called HELL. He could have led you to the promise land...remember, it's the players that do the little things...like hit the big shots that the Mavs can't seem to do anymore.

Findog
07-06-2007, 07:59 AM
You missed the point, and how typical of you.

Your point, best as I can parse it, considering your typical incoherence, is that NVE would have led us to great things. Considering he was fat and out of shape after 2003, I disagree. Without Stack and Devin, we don't get past the Spurs. Our achilles' heel is perimeter defense and uptempo teams like the Suns and Dubs, but we can hang with the league's lone heavyweight. For that reason alone, we're a championship contender. None of that would be possible without sending away NVE with his trade value at an all-time high.

I asked one question made one point...AND I WAS TALKING TO PONKY.

I DID NOT KNOW I NEEDED YOUR PERMISSION TO POST WHEN ANOTHER POSTER MAKES A STATEMENT I DISAGREE WITH. I DID NOT KNOW WE COULDN'T MAKE CLAIMS PERIPHERAL TO WHAT IS BEING DISCUSSED. PLEASE EXCUSE MY BREACH OF FORUM ETIQUETTE.

Point: NVE WAS the nuts on THE TEAM HE WAS ON.

Fixed.

Your decision to let him go left to the funk of futility that you currently live in called HELL.

WTF? NVE becomes Devin Harris and Jerry Stackhouse...and that's hell? Being better than we were under Nellie and going farther than we did under Nellie is hell? I guess you're right, we suck and are a lottery team. Shoulda never traded away NVE.

He could have led you to the promise land...remember, it's the players that do the little things...like hit the big shots that the Mavs can't seem to do anymore

Hahaha. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume "promised land" means title, right? And a fat, injured and out of shape NVE would've led us to the promised land/title, is that what you're saying? Comedy Gold. SpursDynasty better watch himself, he's got competition.

The Mavericks have shown themselves to be a Jekyll and Hyde team when it comes to the playoffs. All of our guys have come up big in the playoffs and come up small. My prediction for next year, assuming no injuries or major roster shakeup: 55+ wins and top-four seed. Beyond that, who knows.

Samr
07-06-2007, 08:04 AM
If the Spurs landed Stackhouse for that amount y'all would be calling it a coupe. Sit down and shut up unless you can speak intelligently on the subject.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Man we're fucked. Horrible signing. An over the hill ballhog that is turnover prone. Avery's lovefest for Stackhouse is sickening.hey mav"fan". i never thanked you for the sig. 18 more years 'til your teams next banner ceremony. stay classy.

monosylab1k
07-06-2007, 08:20 AM
If the Spurs landed Stackhouse for that amount y'all would be calling it a coupe. Sit down and shut up unless you can speak intelligently on the subject.

a 2 door car?

monosylab1k
07-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Man we're fucked. Horrible signing. An over the hill ballhog that is turnover prone. Avery's lovefest for Stackhouse is sickening.

I agree with this part 100%....i can't decide if I love Stackhouse or hate him, there's parts of his game that drive me fucking insane, and other times where the dude is the only guy that will step up.

This worries me only because now Maurice Ager is all but out of the picture. Avery's got his security blankets and is completely unwilling to take a risk, and if Stackhouse is around, Ager will remained buried at the bottom of the bench and in the D-League instead of going out there and developing at the NBA level.

Avery will never play Harris full time at PG if Terry is around, he'll never develop Ager if Stack is around, and he'll never develop Diop if The Vagina That Wears 25 is around. He's got his pets and his security blankets and he'll never let them go. This might be the biggest obstacle the Mavericks have to face next season - if Avery will evolve as a coach now that the honeymoon is over and a lot of his flaws have been revealed.

Findog
07-06-2007, 08:41 AM
I agree with this part 100%....i can't decide if I love Stackhouse or hate him, there's parts of his game that drive me fucking insane, and other times where the dude is the only guy that will step up.

This worries me only because now Maurice Ager is all but out of the picture. Avery's got his security blankets and is completely unwilling to take a risk, and if Stackhouse is around, Ager will remained buried at the bottom of the bench and in the D-League instead of going out there and developing at the NBA level.

Avery will never play Harris full time at PG if Terry is around, he'll never develop Ager if Stack is around, and he'll never develop Diop if The Vagina That Wears 25 is around. He's got his pets and his security blankets and he'll never let them go. This might be the biggest obstacle the Mavericks have to face next season - if Avery will evolve as a coach now that the honeymoon is over and a lot of his flaws have been revealed.

Summer's not over yet.

MrChug
07-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Hahaha. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume "promised land" means title, right?

The Mavericks have shown themselves to be a Jekyll and Hyde team when it comes to the playoffs. All of our guys have come up big in the playoffs and come up small. My prediction for next year, assuming no injuries or major roster shakeup: 55+ wins and top-four seed. Beyond that, who knows.

Well then by that logic, I'm assuming YOUR definition of success is "55+ wins and a top-four seed." Man...I'm assuming that you Mavsfans have really lowered your expectations from all the sht you talked last year huh? Your standard= old hat for the Spurs. That's the MINIMUM expectation we have annually. I guess that's your promise-land. See the Utah Jazz, New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers, etc. "I'm going to go out on a limb and assume "promised land" means title, right?" Then wtf are we playing for?? Isn't that the goal?? I'm supposing YOUR "promise land" is, and here...maybe I'm going out on a limb----a conference championship?? hahahaha, now who's the joke??

Fact is...you're ultimate achievement is a banner that we don't even take out of the wrapping when we get it. Our "promised land" is a bit further down the road. We don't even bother wiping our a$$ with a conference banner. You guys want to have a parade for them and for everyone else to bow. CHECK YOURSELF.

dickface
07-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Well then by that logic, I'm assuming YOUR definition of success is "55+ wins and a top-four seed." Man...I'm assuming that you Mavsfans have really lowered your expectations from all the sht you talked last year huh? Your standard= old hat for the Spurs. That's the MINIMUM expectation we have annually. I guess that's your promise-land. See the Utah Jazz, New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers, etc. "I'm going to go out on a limb and assume "promised land" means title, right?" Then wtf are we playing for?? Isn't that the goal?? I'm supposing YOUR "promise land" is, and here...maybe I'm going out on a limb----a conference championship?? hahahaha, now who's the joke??

Fact is...you're ultimate achievement is a banner that we don't even take out of the wrapping when we get it. Our "promised land" is a bit further down the road. We don't even bother wiping our a$$ with a conference banner. You guys want to have a parade for them and for everyone else to bow. CHECK YOURSELF.

what a stupid asshole.

only someone with a small cock can talk like this.

Findog
07-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Well then by that logic, I'm assuming YOUR definition of success is 55+ wins and a top-four seed."

You're not using logic. You're being retarded. I made a prediction about next year. At a MINIMUM, Dallas will win 55 games and get a top four seed. Beyond that, I'm not in the prediction business. I don't know yet what moves other teams will make roster-wise, who will be healthy in April 2008, who will be playing well in April 2008.

That's the MINIMUM expectation we have annually.

Since the resurgence of 2000, same here.

Then wtf are we playing for?? Isn't that the goal?? I'm supposing YOUR "promise land" is, and here...maybe I'm going out on a limb----a conference championship?? hahahaha, now who's the joke??

Of course a title is the goal when you're an upper-echelon team. But that's not what we're discussing. You've lost the argument because now you're concocting a strawman argument. You suggested a fat and out of shape NVE would've led Dallas to a title. So I naturally had to laugh at that and disagree. And now you're changing the subject to smacktalk. Duh, the Spurs are more successful than the Mavs. Tell me something I don't know. But I'm not the one claiming NVE was the key to a title for Dallas. That's you and your basketball "acumen" on display, not mine.

Findog
07-06-2007, 08:58 AM
what a stupid asshole.

I'm guessing MrChug is in high school...the attention span and shifting arguments suggest as much.

MrChug
07-06-2007, 10:02 AM
what a stupid asshole.

That's okay mouse...if I looked like you I'd hate the world and try to compensate by trying to divert attention away from your meaningless existance. It's okay...call your father, he still loves you no matter what he tells you and his friends.

MrChug
07-06-2007, 10:06 AM
^^^^^(*sigh*) I love it...Mavs fans still wallowing in frustration while we bask in our continued glory. :lmao

Findog
07-06-2007, 10:28 AM
^^^^^(*sigh*) I love it...Mavs fans still wallowing in frustration while we bask in our continued glory. :lmao

If only we hadn't let Nick go, we'd be a dynasty, right Mr. Chug? Memo to Cuban: fire Donnie and hire Mr. Chug. :lol

SpursIndonesia
07-06-2007, 11:31 AM
After his 2003 great series against the Kings, NVE SUCKED big ballz ! And the Spurs suckered into him, what a pity ! :depressed

Findog
07-06-2007, 11:35 AM
After his 2003 great series against the Kings, NVE SUCKED big ballz ! And the Spurs suckered into him, what a pity ! :depressed

No, according to Mr. Chug, the Mavs made a huge mistake in letting him go. If we still had NVE, FOUR-PEAT BITCHES!

MrChug
07-06-2007, 11:42 AM
No, according to Mr. Chug, the Mavs made a huge mistake in letting him go. If we still had NVE, FOUR-PEAT BITCHES!

I actually think he was the only backbone you had. You've yet to grow one since. Stack and Jet are the only testicles you have left.

Findog
07-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I actually think he was the only backbone you had. You've yet to grow one since. Stack and Jet are the only testicles you have left.

You just contradicted yourself.

MrChug
07-06-2007, 03:46 PM
You just contradicted yourself.

Backbone does not equal testicles. Backbones win playoff series/championships. Texticles will only win you games (or conference titles) :lol

monosylab1k
07-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Backbone does not equal testicles. Backbones win playoff series/championships. Texticles will only win you games (or conference titles) :lol

That's why Van Exel has all those championships.

Johnny RIngo
07-06-2007, 04:33 PM

Where was NVE's balls last year? Does that mean Jacque Vaughn's testicles are bigger than NVE's?

Findog
07-06-2007, 05:04 PM

Thanks for the "clarification," that clears everything up.

Findog
07-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Where was NVE's balls last year? Does that mean Jacque Vaughn's testicles are bigger than NVE's?

NVE = GOAT according to Mr. Chug. We'd be hoisting our fourth Larry O'Brien trophy right about now if we had never traded him away.

mavs>spurs2
07-06-2007, 05:05 PM
It's ok, MrChug just likes testicles. That's what all this testicle talk is about.

Findog
07-06-2007, 05:17 PM
That's why Van Exel has all those championships.

NVE is the GOAT, according to MrChug. We had a potential dynasty slip through our fingers when we traded him away. I love this:

He could have led you to the promise land..I really thought you were on the edge of a breakthru if you would have kept him

Here is what Nick did after leaving Dallas:

03-04 with Golden State: 39 games played, 12 points per game on 39% shooting, including a sizzling 30% from 3-point range.

And it looks like the Warriors made the same mistake we did, because they traded him to Portland. There was no need to wait until hiring Nellie to turn things around, they had the GOAT on their roster and didn't even know it.

04-05 with Portland: 53 games played, 11 points per game on 39% shooting.

I don't understand what's up with these front-office types that keep screwing up, because Nick moved on to another team. Nick = Rings. Period. Here is what he did in San Antonio last year: 65 games played, 5 points per game on 39% shooting. Daymn! I wish we had some of that. Can we talk him out of retirement?

And fuck Mark Cuban, fire that assclown Donnie as head of basketball operations and get MrChug in there NOW! We need guys with Testicles, stop signing players like Sheryl Swoopes or Rebecca Lobo.

ponky
07-06-2007, 05:52 PM

dang mono, this year's playoffs have made you increasingly annoying to be around. wtf is all this drooling over ager about? get the fuck on board and stop acting like such a scaredy cat pussy just because the mavs ran into some bad shit

bah, i can't read anymore of this crap, back to the xbox and wimbledon, wake me up when nba rolls around

Findog
07-06-2007, 06:11 PM
dang mono, this year's playoffs have made you increasingly annoying to be around. wtf is all this drooling over ager about? get the fuck on board and stop acting like such a scaredy cat pussy just because the mavs ran into some bad shit

bah, i can't read anymore of this crap, back to the xbox and wimbledon, wake me up when nba rolls around

i respect mono's opinion and i don't question his credentials, he's not a bandwagoner. I guess i'm in the "don't panic"/"head in the sand" camp while he's in the "overreacting panic/"we need to make some necessary changes" group, depending on how you want to characterize the two schools of thought surrounding the team.

monosylab1k
07-06-2007, 10:02 PM

lol sorry but i tend to be overly hard on my teams. i was hard on dirk all year and then when my worst nightmare came true it just really pissed me off. you should hear me talk about the cowboys, i could have convinced you that they went 1-15 last season.

i'm glad stackhouse is here, but I just hope that this doesn't mean that Ager is going to be buried in the 11 and 12 spot or on the D-League all season again. He's got potential to be a solid bench contributor and the perimeter defender that we sorely need since George and Buckner didn't show me jack shit last season. I'd love to see Ager get 15+ minutes a game or so next season but I just don't see it happening because Avery really doesn't like it when guys make a mistake, and for guys like Ager and Devin Harris to develop further, they HAVE to be able to make a mistake in the 3rd quarter of a game against the Bucks without fear of getting pulled immediately.

MrChug
07-06-2007, 10:49 PM

I think they're in love with me. What's the big deal? They're a joke...they like the cock. Oh and the only reason they got into basketBALL is because they knew it had balls in it. How many posts of theirs were fueled with anger and absurd inflation of my statements instead of rational counterpoints? I think I could keep this going for months, because it's getting better the angrier they get.

monosylab1k
07-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I think they're in love with me. What's the big deal? They're a joke...they like the cock. Oh and the only reason they got into basketBALL is because they knew it had balls in it. How many posts of theirs were fueled with anger and absurd inflation of my statements instead of rational counterpoints? I think I could keep this going for months, because it's getting better the angrier they get.

Why don't you stick to figuring out how to get less glug with your increase of chug and leave Dallas Mavericks talk to people with a fuckin' clue. As soon as I start revising your team's history how I see fit and making wild conclusions that have no basis in reality about them, then you can spit up your glugless chug and get pissed at me about it.

And i'd rather not think of what all you enjoy "chugging"...

Findog
07-07-2007, 02:23 AM

Nobody's angry, we're just laughing at your dumb ass.

Nick Van Exel = Titles. :lol

big3bigD
07-07-2007, 02:57 PM
lol sorry but i tend to be overly hard on my teams. i was hard on dirk all year and then when my worst nightmare came true it just really pissed me off. you should hear me talk about the cowboys, i could have convinced you that they went 1-15 last season.

i'm glad stackhouse is here, but I just hope that this doesn't mean that Ager is going to be buried in the 11 and 12 spot or on the D-League all season again. He's got potential to be a solid bench contributor and the perimeter defender that we sorely need since George and Buckner didn't show me jack shit last season. I'd love to see Ager get 15+ minutes a game or so next season but I just don't see it happening because Avery really doesn't like it when guys make a mistake, and for guys like Ager and Devin Harris to develop further, they HAVE to be able to make a mistake in the 3rd quarter of a game against the Bucks without fear of getting pulled immediately.

I agree 100%. Ager has the potential to fill the needs the Mavs have at the 2 spot. He apparently needs to work on his passing and shot selection, but if given the chance, he should develop into exactly what the Mavs lack at that position. He is big/strong and can guard those types that always give Dallas trouble..i.e. Jason Richardson, Kobe, D-Wade ect. He has great athleticism and a good outside shot as well. I hope that he gets the chance to develop here in Dallas instead of being buried on the bench or used as trade fodder. I would love to eventually see a lineup of Diop, Ager, Harris, Dirk and Howard on the floor together.

MrChug
07-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Nick Van Exel = Titles. :lol

No...the sad thing is that the truth is "Nick Van Exel=the only nuts you had on your team at the time"

...and apparantly to this day the only nuts you have ever had. Even thru today, July 7th 2007. It sure as fuck wasn't/isn't Durrrrrk. You have no nuts. Disagree? Prove it? YOU CANT. What do you have to prove it??

67 WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in the regular season) WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

SpursDynasty
07-07-2007, 06:45 PM
I guess Stackhouse doesn't want a championship either.

dg7md
07-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Ager sucks. I pretty much watched every Mavs game that didn't interfere with a Spurs game and no way is he a future at any position at the Mavs.

Mavs just have to keep composure, they are their own worst enemies and they can't seem to shake off a curse.

It'd take a lot to mentally recover from their past two seasons. A LOT. So much, in fact, that I think you have to make a major move to mix things up. Trading Howard (despite his importance to the squad) or Terry for an interior force would make the Mavs easily able to win the championship.

Terry, Stackhouse, Dirk all have something in common --they love long shots and only Howard will be someone who can do it all on their team. Dirk hasn't improved defensively. Maybe number-wise, but that's just because Avery is using Dirk SLIGHTLY differently than Nellie did. Is anybody scared to take it to Dirk at the hoop, no way.

Dirk is a huge talent but I think someone like Gasol, Garnett, even Zach Randolph would do a lot better on the Mavs than Dirk would. If they had Ben Wallace over Dirk with this current team I am pretty sure they'd be NBA champions. Their superstar is not physical and that is what is costing them.

Howard and Stack are the only two guys I see with killer instinct on that team, and the problem is that Stack goes crazy when he starts hitting shots then eventually screws the team up if he goes 7-7 on the field.

Yet the Mavs gave up in game 6 vs. Golden State in the second half, nobody tried and you could tell. They knew they lost. What makes anybody think the Mavs are still a legit threat with this current lineup? They have the TALENT but do they have the DESIRE?

Of course, call me crazy but I think after game 7 vs. the Spurs the Mavs thought they won it all and didn't extend much effort because they believe they already won it. It's like to a Mavs fan, beating the Spurs >>> winning in the post season. Hey, that works for me!

Findog
07-07-2007, 08:05 PM
No...the sad thing is that the truth is "Nick Van Exel=the only nuts you had on your team at the time"

Changing the argument now:

How many posts of theirs were fueled with anger and absurd inflation of my statements instead of rational counterpoints?

Here is Mr. Rationality:

He could have led you to the promise land..I really thought you were on the edge of a breakthru if you would have kept him

And here is Mav fan flailing away and "failing" to provide a rational and logical counterpoint:

Here is what Nick did after leaving Dallas:

03-04 with Golden State: 39 games played, 12 points per game on 39% shooting, including a sizzling 30% from 3-point range.

04-05 with Portland: 53 games played, 11 points per game on 39% shooting.
Here is what he did in San Antonio last year: 65 games played, 5 points per game on 39% shooting.

You don't make any sense and you're stupid. Congratulations, you root for a more successful franchise, but you're also a retard. You can't defend your previous argument because you didn't have one, so you're falling back on smacktalk, when nobody was talking smack to begin with.

Having "nuts" has nothing to do with winning basketball games. Lack of perimeter defense and being unable to stop Wade and Davis does. If the Mavericks were soft and gutless, they'd never have been able to get past a team like the Spurs. There's your proof. I'd like to see your proof that NVE was the missing link to a title. You've abandoned that argument...I wonder why.

Findog
07-07-2007, 08:13 PM
So much, in fact, that I think you have to make a major move to mix things up. Trading Howard (despite his importance to the squad) or Terry for an interior force would make the Mavs easily able to win the championship.

Spurs fan would love that.

Dirk is a huge talent but I think someone like Gasol, Garnett, even Zach Randolph would do a lot better on the Mavs than Dirk would.

Ok, no need to take you seriously anymore.

If they had Ben Wallace over Dirk with this current team I am pretty sure they'd be NBA champions.

Comedic genius.

Yet the Mavs gave up in game 6 vs. Golden State in the second half, nobody tried and you could tell.

Yes they did, and they're not the first team to do that. Spurs gave up the year they got swept by the Lakers. It happens. It doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

MrChug
07-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Having "nuts" has nothing to do with winning basketball games. :lol :lol :lol

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE SUCKER WHO HASN'T EVER WON ANYTHING. Okay here "DOG"...by the way a PERFECT name for an urban white boy who has no concept of what "winning basketball games" is about. It is----as all phases of life are ALL about NUTS. Unless the/YOUR goal in life-or of your idols-is about mediocrity-it seems (as previously highlighted) that (l'll need to keep using this metaphor for your life IS...and we'll go ahead and get back to the veiled facade that it is) about regular season success :lmao You can use every excuse in the book about why the Mavericks can't win...or shit, why you can't win (at life)---you (mavericks and you-yes you in the diaper) have no...yes----NO aforementioned NUTS

I've won at every part of life. In school. In relationships. In my career. In sports. And in where I admire excellence.

You, on the other hand have no concept of what a winner is. What a shock. You admire an inferior and absurd team. A team who's only accomplishment and achievements in the record-books are to not only record the 2 most abominable and rediculous puss-suck-gay-blow jobs in playoff history, but BACK TO BACK!!!!!!!!!! You LOVE sucking the nuts of these losers? You'd betta look in the mirror slack-jaw. If your life is failing it's probably because you continue to set your standard as high as your idols.

....or he're psychology rearing it's ugly head: Maybe that's why you hang out at a Spurs site?!?!?! Is it POSSIBLE...just possible that you love to worship greatness from afar? As a Mavsfan could you and all your little buddies worship US? I don't know...see a therapist. OR COULD IT BE THAT you're into masochistic!?!?!?!? (look it up, it means that you like hurting yourself ). It's possible. I'll keep egging you on because I've always been taught to pay attention and give the less fortunate...gives them more reason to live. Or did you already kill yourself? Oh, shit. Well, I never did have that sensitivity chip. I hope you bought life insurance. Wait...who would be the beneficiary? Your internet girlfriend? Or is it your ex-wife? Or is it your boyfriend? I'm not sure, but I'm rather enjoying this playful jaunting...

mavs>spurs2
07-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Mr.Chug is a fucking loser. Quit talking about nuts.

justanotherspursfan
07-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Ok, no need to take you seriously anymore.
Pretty much everything you were responding to was nonsense. The only thing he said that I found interesting was about Garnett vs. Dirk. Ignoring the logistics, I would love to be able to see what would have happened if the Mavs had somehow traded Dirk straight up for Garnett 3 or 4 years ago.

Would they have been better? Worse? Won some trophies? Gut feel, Garnett could have taken the Mavs and their solid supporting cast to a title or two, but I certainly wouldn't blame you guys if you disagreed.

MrChug
07-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Yes they did, and they're not the first team to do that. Spurs gave up the year they got swept by the Lakers. It happens. It doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

And it's Mavs fan who keeps bringing up the present rather than "the GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS"...what a fuckin joke.

By that logic, we should talk about how the Mavs are the joke of in all of SPORTS history and how the Spurs are one of the greatest franchises in sports history...

...but then again, we don't (as mavsfans) want to talk about the "grand scheme of things". Only what "should be" and what "could have been" huh? :nope

confined
07-07-2007, 10:40 PM
seriously what is all this "balls" talk about?...the nba is a game of match-ups, not balls...whoever holds the advantage in said match-up will be the victor, simple as that...duncan's personality isn't a firey one...an arguement could be made that he lacks "balls" cuz he won't shout in someone's face after a good play...when in fact his advantage is ( as mentioned before ) in his skill-set advantage over nearly every other player...so stfu with this "balls" shit

MrChug
07-07-2007, 11:43 PM
seriously what is all this "balls" talk about?...the nba is a game of match-ups, not balls...whoever holds the advantage in said match-up will be the victor, simple as that...duncan's personality isn't a firey one...an arguement could be made that he lacks "balls" cuz he won't shout in someone's face after a good play...when in fact his advantage is ( as mentioned before ) in his skill-set advantage over nearly every other player...so stfu with this "balls" shit

...too easy.

MrChug
07-07-2007, 11:44 PM
...too easy.

I suppose that makes Kevin Garnett the biggest winner of all time!!! :lmao

mavs>spurs2
07-07-2007, 11:45 PM
I lost track of what this argument was even about. All I hear is Mr.Chug insisting on talking about balls. Someone fill me in so I can jump in this thing.

confined
07-07-2007, 11:48 PM

no...while he has a mismatch talentwise...his team-mates do not
and why would you be laughing?...you haven't made a valid statement in this thread yet

confined
07-07-2007, 11:50 PM

...and did you just quote yourself? :rolleyes

MrChug
07-08-2007, 12:50 AM
I lost track of what this argument was even about. All I hear is Mr.Chug insisting on talking about balls. Someone fill me in so I can jump in this thing.

...if you wanna jump on balls, look to another Mavs fan buddy. To sum it up, your brother fin"dog" :lol is obsessed with my testicles.

MrChug
07-08-2007, 12:51 AM
and why would you be laughing?...you haven't made a valid statement in this thread yet

...how true an ignorant and moronic mavsfan you are. It's becoming comedic.

Findog
07-08-2007, 01:01 AM
Okay here "DOG"...by the way a PERFECT name for an urban white boy who has no concept of what "winning basketball games" is about.

"Findog" is the nickname of Michael Finley - my alltime favorite Mav. Why do you make assumptions about my skin color? Or my skillset as a basketball player? If you're ever in Fort Worth, come to the outdoor courts by the library on Hulen...and get prepared to have your ass handed to you.

It is----as all phases of life are ALLabout NUTS.

How old are you? I'm guessing 16.

You can use every excuse in the book about why the Mavericks can't win...or shit, why you can't win (at life)-

No, too old! 12? 13?

I've won at every part of life. In school. In relationships. In my career. In sports. And in where I admire excellence.

Tell me all about your letter jacket. I'm interested. Also, here are the timestamps for your insights winner, on a Saturday night:

9:28 pm
9:50 pm
11:43 pm
11:44 pm

I want to hear more of your insights about "winning at life."

You admire an inferior and absurd team.

I grew up in DFW. That's kind of how these things work. People over the age of 7 understand this.

If your life is failing it's probably because you continue to set your standard as high as your idols.

Second grade? First?

....or he're psychology rearing it's ugly head: Maybe that's why you hang out at a Spurs site?!?!?! Is it POSSIBLE...just possible that you love to worship greatness from afar? As a Mavsfan could you and all your little buddies worship US? I don't know...see a therapist. OR COULD IT BE THAT you're into masochistic!?!?!?!? (look it up, it means that you like hurting yourself ). It's possible. I'll keep egging you on because I've always been taught to pay attention and give the less fortunate...gives them more reason to live. Or did you already kill yourself? Oh, shit. Well, I never did have that sensitivity chip. I hope you bought life insurance. Wait...who would be the beneficiary? Your internet girlfriend? Or is it your ex-wife? Or is it your boyfriend? I'm not sure, but I'm rather enjoying this playful jaunting..

This is the greatest thing I've ever read on Spurstalk. Please reply back, I want to see if you can top this. SpursDynasty, you need to raise your game, because MrChug is coming for you.

Are you doing Andy Kaufman or are you for real?

Findog
07-08-2007, 01:12 AM

He insisted that the Mavericks would've gone on to do great things if we had kept Nick Van Exel, I pointed out Nick Van Exel sucked after we traded him, and now...well, I don't really know how to describe this. This is awesome. Transcendent awesomeness. I tried to put it in my signature but there's a limit of 1,000 characters.

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE SUCKER WHO HASN'T EVER WON ANYTHING. Okay here "DOG"...by the way a PERFECT name for an urban white boy who has no concept of what "winning basketball games" is about. It is----as all phases of life are ALL about NUTS. Unless the/YOUR goal in life-or of your idols-is about mediocrity-it seems (as previously highlighted) that (l'll need to keep using this metaphor for your life IS...and we'll go ahead and get back to the veiled facade that it is) about regular season success You can use every excuse in the book about why the Mavericks can't win...or shit, why you can't win (at life)---you (mavericks and you-yes you in the diaper) have no...yes----NO aforementioned NUTS

You, on the other hand have no concept of what a winner is. What a shock. You admire an inferior and absurd team. A team who's only accomplishment and achievements in the record-books are to not only record the 2 most abominable and rediculous puss-suck-gay-blow jobs in playoff history, but BACK TO BACK!!!!!!!!!! You LOVE sucking the nuts of these losers? You'd betta look in the mirror slack-jaw. If your life is failing it's probably because you continue to set your standard as high as your idols.

....or he're psychology rearing it's ugly head: Maybe that's why you hang out at a Spurs site?!?!?! Is it POSSIBLE...just possible that you love to worship greatness from afar? As a Mavsfan could you and all your little buddies worship US? I don't know...see a therapist. OR COULD IT BE THAT you're into masochistic!?!?!?!? (look it up, it means that you like hurting yourself ). It's possible. I'll keep egging you on because I've always been taught to pay attention and give the less fortunate...gives them more reason to live. Or did you already kill yourself? Oh, shit. Well, I never did have that sensitivity chip. I hope you bought life insurance. Wait...who would be the beneficiary? Your internet girlfriend? Or is it your ex-wife? Or is it your boyfriend? I'm not sure, but I'm rather enjoying this playful jaunting...

Ever heard the expression "Give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself?" I don't know how old MrChug is, but the psychological phenomenon that comes to mind is "little man syndrome." He doth protest too much. This is like toying with a child.

Findog
07-08-2007, 01:30 AM

It's a bizarre twist on the phenomenon of Stockholm Syndrome...in this case, rather than sympathize with a tormentor or captor, a person projects aspects of themselves on to others.

monosylab1k
07-08-2007, 01:59 AM
:lol :lol :lol

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE SUCKER WHO HASN'T EVER WON ANYTHING. Okay here "DOG"...by the way a PERFECT name for an urban white boy who has no concept of what "winning basketball games" is about. It is----as all phases of life are ALL about NUTS. Unless the/YOUR goal in life-or of your idols-is about mediocrity-it seems (as previously highlighted) that (l'll need to keep using this metaphor for your life IS...and we'll go ahead and get back to the veiled facade that it is) about regular season success :lmao You can use every excuse in the book about why the Mavericks can't win...or shit, why you can't win (at life)---you (mavericks and you-yes you in the diaper) have no...yes----NO aforementioned NUTS

For any and all Ticket listeners, isn't this guy the absolute PERFECT example of a Gordon Keith "Chris-Chris" character come to life?

A douchebag obsessed with talking about balls and how much better he is than anybody. I can't wait for him to drop what type of car he drives and how many K's more he makes than any of us.

Dude's got the tiniest cock on earth, no doubt about that.

Findog
07-08-2007, 02:07 AM
For any and all Ticket listeners, isn't this guy the absolute PERFECT example of a Gordon Keith "Chris-Chris" character come to life?

A douchebag obsessed with talking about balls and how much better he is than anybody. I can't wait for him to drop what type of car he drives and how many K's more he makes than any of us.

Dude's got the tiniest cock on earth, no doubt about that.

I had sex once! And it was with a woman!

I was thinking the exact same thing..a toolbag from Frisco

Gordon is the only thing that salvages the Musers.

Findog
07-08-2007, 02:26 AM
Pretty much everything you were responding to was nonsense. The only thing he said that I found interesting was about Garnett vs. Dirk. Ignoring the logistics, I would love to be able to see what would have happened if the Mavs had somehow traded Dirk straight up for Garnett 3 or 4 years ago.

Would they have been better? Worse? Won some trophies? Gut feel, Garnett could have taken the Mavs and their solid supporting cast to a title or two, but I certainly wouldn't blame you guys if you disagreed.

It's interesting...Wish we could have a controlled experiment...Rebounding and interior defense certainly would be better, but Dirk has such a unique skillset and is more of a nightmare mismatch on offense. Both guys have been unfairly maligned.

Findog
07-08-2007, 02:29 AM

What do you mean he hasn't made a valid statement yet????

Nick Van Exel = Mavericks Dynasty! We'd have four titles by now.

Also, on a personal note, he drives a nice car, makes somewhere in the six-figure range, and women consent to having sex with him! I mean, pay no attention to the Saturday night timestamps...He must be typing it out on his Blackberry while he's having a threesome with Victoria's Secret models.

The Cougar
07-08-2007, 02:42 AM
Findog you're gonna get in alot of trouble if the Mods see that picture you posted.

Findog
07-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Findog you're gonna get in alot of trouble if the Mods see that picture you posted.

Point taken, it would not be worth it to get banned over a kid. Kind of apt though, was it not?

ponky
07-08-2007, 05:24 PM

:) it's cool

ponky
07-08-2007, 05:31 PM
oh btw chug, i do agree that while nve was a maverick, he definitely played with some cojones and energy, particularly in the 03 series against the spurs...of course we didn't win but like stack against the warriors, he prolonged the series when dirk went down. i don't think he would've continued to do much in subsequent seasons though, the mavs org knew his knees were a liability and they were pretty much correct. i think stack and jho, yes jho, have the balls on this team. with jho, i'm not talking so much about his game, which needs to continue to develop, as his brash attitude. sometimes you just need a guy on the team who won't take shit from nobody and imo, jho is one of those two guys along with stack. the way he threw down bowen, taunted the heat bench last season, all things that make me feel warm and fuzzy inside

confined
07-08-2007, 09:56 PM
...how true an ignorant and moronic mavsfan you are. It's becoming comedic.

because i'm speaking the truth it makes me ignorant?

Findog
07-08-2007, 10:20 PM
because i'm speaking the truth it makes me ignorant?

Hey, Nick Van Exel = Rings. MrChug is an oracle of Truth!

MrChug
07-09-2007, 12:18 AM
WOW!!! Whoa shit!! I just logged on when we checked in in Austin!! I was looking to check in to see if there were any other interesting NBA rumors and to see that this thread is still going??!?!?

Damn fin! You ARE pissed!! :lmao That's cool, I can play along:

You ACTUALLY had the audacity to point out that I had made a post on a Saturday past 11 or so, yet you spent ALL NIGHT (the time stamps don't lie) not only seething over my comments, but looking up every post I've ever made so you could put one that I made in jest IN YOUR SIG!!! :LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it there...that means I own you, you drank the kool-aid, I'm in your head, I pissed you off, you can't stop thinking about me! Sorry fin, I don't swing that way homo...I've got a wife and baby girl. Sorry, don't cry. Don't worry, I am rather flattered (in a creepy way) that you kept talking about me late into the night...

2:26 a.m.
2:29 a.m.
2:50 a.m. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

This has been so great!!! :clap :clap :clap

mavs>spurs2
07-09-2007, 12:37 AM
WOW!!! Whoa shit!! I just logged on when we checked in in Austin!! I was looking to check in to see if there were any other interesting NBA rumors and to see that this thread is still going??!?!?

Damn fin! You ARE pissed!! :lmao That's cool, I can play along:

You ACTUALLY had the audacity to point out that I had made a post on a Saturday past 11 or so, yet you spent ALL NIGHT (the time stamps don't lie) not only seething over my comments, but looking up every post I've ever made so you could put one that I made in jest IN YOUR SIG!!! :LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it there...that means I own you, you drank the kool-aid, I'm in your head, I pissed you off, you can't stop thinking about me! Sorry fin, I don't swing that way homo...I've got a wife and baby girl. Sorry, don't cry. Don't worry, I am rather flattered (in a creepy way) that you kept talking about me late into the night...

2:26 a.m.
2:29 a.m.
2:50 a.m. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

This has been so great!!! :clap :clap :clap

Dude you haven't owned or pissed anyone off. All you've done is go on about balls and testicles for 4 pages. Please stfu.

MrChug
07-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Dude you haven't owned or pissed anyone off. All you've done is go on about balls and testicles for 4 pages. Please stfu.

No.

...mind your business, this is between me and someone who is far more intelligent than you. I actually have kinda enjoyed fuckin with him...you on the other hand are a waste of bandwith. If you have nothing interesting to offer...to use your brilliance "stfu".

mavs>spurs2
07-09-2007, 12:50 AM
No.

...mind your business, this is between me and someone who is far more intelligent than you. I actually have kinda enjoyed fuckin with him...you on the other hand are a waste of bandwith. If you have nothing interesting to offer...to use your brilliance "stfu".

Nothing interesting to offer? Have you even once given an intelligent take that didn't involve balls? Please enlighten me to this "intelligence" you've been hiding. All i've seen is some douche that thinks he "owned" somebody by saying Nick Van Exel=championships.

Findog
07-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Keep it there...that means I own you, you drank the kool-aid, I'm in your head, I pissed you off, you can't stop thinking about me!

It means you're funny as hell and I want to preserve that for posterity.

Sorry fin, I don't swing that way homo...

I may or may not be gay, but this is 2007. What is your problem with gay people, caveman?

I've got a wife and baby girl.

Now we're revealing details of our personal lives on an internet messageboard. The insecurity is awesome. Did somebody need a green card?