PDA

View Full Version : Solve the Spurs Offseason FA Acquisition Equation

SenorSpur
07-06-2007, 12:55 AM
With the core of the Spurs roster intact for the upcoming season and a lot of talk about what the Spurs could or should do, there is still a potential free agent (FA) move that could be made to improve the team if they act shrewedly. While they do not possess the attractive assets of most teams, the Spurs do have a few tradeable options that could be considered attractive to the right team. These assets include players whose contributions (or the lack thereof) make them expendable and thereby could be parlayed into a deal that could bring about a suitable FA acquisition.

Consider the current assets below (or a partial combination) and determine what they could bring back to the team, in terms of a FA acquisition. This should be an acquisition that would add value to the roster (on & off the court), rather than a player that would simply rot on the bench or in Pop's doghouse.

Remember said player acquisition must also fit into the Spurs current salary cap structure and therefore the salaries must match within 15%. Here's the equation:

Barry + Udrih + Scola's rights + (recently acquired 2nd round draft choice in '08 from Toronto) = ???

jag
07-06-2007, 12:57 AM
They have some pieces to work with, but i honestly dont think their going to change the roster a whole lot from what it is now. No real reason to...

SequSpur
07-06-2007, 12:57 AM
Players 10-15 = 10 mill > a solid rebounder.

dannibrasco
07-06-2007, 01:08 AM
if they think were gonna repeat with the same roster they better shake there heads ...between bonner oberto berry vaughn and beno...thats like wat 10 million...ya these are nice guys but give me a break ...they suck...oberto was freaking invisible 98% of the season... beno never played...vaughn cant hit a basket if his life depends on it...bonner is slow and cant play d...berry cant do anything except shoot 3s...oberto ,,its like he has 1 leg wen he runs hes so slow......whos gonna give us a top player for trade bait like this....i say get a backup point guard maybe linsey hunter...and i dunno rasheed wallace??? lol..

Darkwaters
07-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Nocioni is the dream situation.

Kryhapa or Sefolasha would be nice too...and the Bulls wouldn't mind grabbing Scola.