PDA

View Full Version : Parker & Longoria Tie the Knot

Gino20
07-06-2007, 11:03 AM
PARIS -- Stretch limo for her; minivan for him -- and a romantic Paris wedding for both.

San Antonio Spurs star Tony Parker married "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria at a civil ceremony in Paris Friday -- a prelude to their expected star-studded weekend wedding bash at a lavish and storied chateau.

Longoria, 32, showed up first in a white stretch limo, wearing a way-above-the-knee pink Chanel dress with striped black and white straps. She was accompanied by about eight guests in cream, pink and purple dresses. She turned, smiled and waved for the crowd of waiting photographers and reporters who kept well back behind two rows of police barriers.

Parker, the 25-year-old NBA finals MVP for the champion Spurs who was born in Belgium and grew up playing basketball in France, arrived about 10 minutes later in a gray minivan, wearing a dark suit. He went straight in without waving. French soccer star Thierry Henry was in his group.

In between, other guests arrived in a Humvee stretch limo.

Paris Mayor Betrand Delanoe officiated, welcoming everyone on the steps of the town hall for Paris' fourth district.

When the ceremony ended, the newlyweds left in a black Mercedes sedan with tinted windows. The crowd of fans and journalists booed, shouting, "Roll, your windows down."

French law requires couples who marry to make their vows official at a city hall, even if they have a church wedding as well.

They and their entourage have given very few details about the nuptials.

The couple were thought to be planning a second wedding ceremony Saturday at a Paris church that used to serve French royals. Then, they and their guests were to celebrate at Vaux-le-Vicomte, a 17th century chateau 34 miles southeast of Paris.

The couple have enjoyed the tourist sights in the lead-up to the wedding.

They and a group of about 40 family and friends spent most of Wednesday riding attractions at Disneyland Paris, a spokesman for the park said. Longoria did the rides once, Parker and his friends rode some several times.

They also visited the romantic site of Mont-Saint-Michel on the Normandy coast, eating foie gras, cheese, omelets and apple pie at La Mere Poulard, an employee at the famous restaurant said.

In an interview with Le Parisien published Friday, Parker said he was eager to have children.

"That would be even better than my NBA titles, even if I don't compare private life and sports," he told the newspaper. "Eva talks to me about it all the time. I'd like to have girls, because I come from a world of boys."

He also said he considers himself "the luckiest guy in the world."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Did not see this posted yet...

Soul_Patch
07-06-2007, 11:06 AM
very lucky indeed. Congrats to the parkers.

CosmicCowboy
07-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Holy Shit! Tony Parker married Eva Longoria?

lebomb
07-06-2007, 11:10 AM

:shootme

Shelly
07-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Will she now be billed as Eva Longoria-Parker?

Shelly
07-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Not too crazy about her civil ceremony outfit.

http://www.dlisted.com/files/marriedeva.jpg

spursfan09
07-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Aww thats sweet...

ShoogarBear
07-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Thought that was supposed to be a "way-above-the-knee pink Chanel dress"?

Shelly
07-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Thought that was supposed to be a "way-above-the-knee pink Chanel dress"?

After arriving in a stretch limo to a civil ceremony in Paris, a pretty-in-pink Eva was spotted waving to the crowd before heading into the 4th District Town Hall, where she changed into a short white dress for the ceremony. Parker arrived minutes later, rolling up in a Mercedes

http://www.tmz.com/2007/07/06/eva-officially-a-desperate-housewife/

ShoogarBear
07-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Ah, guess she didn't want to give the Mayor a . . . heart attack.

SpursDork
07-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Here's 2 videos of them arriving at the civil ceremony:

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1078630435

duncan228
07-06-2007, 01:57 PM
It's like a train wreck...I can't look away.

Could that dress be any shorter?

ShoogarBear
07-06-2007, 02:02 PM
It's like a train wreckNow that's an interesting choice of words.

Avitus1
07-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Well congrats... to them

Alain
07-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Ah, guess she didn't want to give the Mayor a . . . heart attack.

:lol Bertrand Delanoé is gay.

fred33
07-06-2007, 04:17 PM
:lol Bertrand Delanoé is gay. and it's not a joke he is really gay

ShoogarBear
07-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Maybe he was the one who suggested that Eva change, then. :lol

judaspriestess
07-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Parker, who was voted the NBA's most valuable player earlier this month after
the Spurs won their fourth straight title, wanted to talk about basketball.

"I think that this is just the beginning," he said. "I still have a long way to go because my idol is Michael Jordan and he won six titles so I'm only halfway there."

Looking long-term, Parker said he would base his decisions on fellow players Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili and coach Gregg Popovic. Parker is signed with the Spurs through 2009.

"My decisions about the future and where I am going to play and if I'm going to stay in San Antonio will depend on how long Duncan wants to play, Ginobili and Popovic."

according to fox fucked up lying asshole news, the Spurs have won their 4th straight title.

ObiwanGinobili
07-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Parker, who was voted the NBA's most valuable player earlier this month after

according to fox fucked up lying asshole news, the Spurs have won their 4th straight title.

damn ! 4-peat??? Spurs fucking rock!
:lmao :lmao

they can;t even get the simple shit right.

AnkleBreaker21
07-06-2007, 05:28 PM
shit it should be the other way :lol

Lady Marmalade
07-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Very short pink dress......

But she was nice and did change... don't hate

ShoogarBear
07-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Just out of curiosity, do they even show Desperate Housewives in France? Does anybody there even give a damn who Eva is?

RashoFan
07-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Tony Parker.

The Cougar
07-07-2007, 01:38 AM
:lol She wore white.

BeerIsGood!
07-07-2007, 02:28 AM
:toast - Here's to hoping high profile marriage stress doesn't fuck up "Hollywood's" game.

At least not while he's on the Spurs.

spurschick
07-07-2007, 01:47 PM
:married:

PARIS — Eva Longoria and Tony Parker's wedding weekend has been fancier than a fairy tale — and with a lot more security.

The main event for the Desperate Housewives star, 32, and her basketball star beau, 25, was a lavish religious ceremony Saturday at Paris' Eglise Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois, a church opposite the Louvre that used to serve French royals. It came a day after the couple officially tied the knot in a civil ceremony attended by about 40 friends and family.

The Saturday gathering was far more elaborate, with roads on all sides of the church and a nearby park blocked to the public. Beefy guards in black suits and police officers in formation assisted in keeping the hundreds of celebwatchers, paparazzi and reporters gathered outside from getting too close. Parker was seen arriving just before 4 p.m. in a silver Mercedes, but otherwise the couple was nowhere to be seen. A black Rolls Royce limousine pulled behind the church at the end of the ceremony, presumably to whisk the couple away without interference from fans.

Still, those watching could catch glimpses of celeb guests. Housewives co-stars Nicollette Sheridan, in a long pink gown, and Felicity Huffman, in ivory, were seen exiting the church. Huffman's husband, William H. Macy, even did a little jig for the crowd, and they posed for photos.

Longoria's friend and Dancing With the Stars alum Mario Lopez, accompanied by a woman in a red dress, was the first to arrive, and he waved to the crowd. Jessica Alba, in a black dress and Gucci sunglasses, was accompanied by boyfriend Cash Warren. Longoria's Housewives co-star Teri Hatcher, in a long, sky blue gown, went out of her way to be seen before the ceremony, coming out of a side entrance, parading in front of the crowd with daughter Emerson, 9, and waving.

Among other guests expected: Housewives actors Ricardo Chavira and James Denton, and show creator Marc Cherry. (Co-star Marcia Cross remained stateside with her 4-month-old twins.) Plus: Parker's San Antonio Spurs teammates, soccer star Thierry Henry, Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham, and Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Celebwatchers booed when four giant red buses filled with guests arrived, but they were shielded from view by a wall, a black tarp and guards with big black umbrellas.

Later Saturday, the celebration was to continue at Vaux-le-Vicomte, a 17th century chateau 34 miles southeast of Paris.

boutons_
07-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Jul 7, 2:14 PM EDT

Longoria, Parker wed in royals' church

By JENNY BARCHFIELD
Associated Press Writer

PARIS (AP) -- The sun smiled on Tony Parker and Eva Longoria's wedding day, breaking through after days of gray Paris skies. Their VIP guests, though, were concealed by big black umbrellas.

Glamour and security went hand-in-hand as the NBA champion and star of "Desperate Housewives" exchanged vows Saturday in a church across from the Louvre Museum.

The Roman Catholic ceremony at the Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois Church - frequented by French royalty in centuries past - was stage two in a weekend wedding extravaganza.

First, the mayor of Paris pronounced Parker and Longoria husband and wife in a civil ceremony Friday. Then a priest married them Saturday afternoon. Next up: an exclusive bash at a storied French chateau.

Stars of all stripes - actors, athletes, musicians - joined the couple for their nuptials.

Longoria's fellow "Housewives" garnered the most attention from several hundred mostly French fans outside the church, who booed bodyguards for blocking their view.

Teri Hatcher, in a silky blue gown, came with her 9-year-old daughter Emerson Rose. Felicity Huffman, in a beige dress with ruffled v-neck collar, brought husband William H. Macy. Nicolette Sheridan wore a strapless pink gown.

Marcia Cross, who stars in the series as Bree and recently gave birth to twins, was not expected to attend.

Sheryl Crow and the head coach for the San Antonio Spurs, Greg Popovich, were among guests who didn't stay concealed behind the huge black umbrellas bodyguards used to shield them from public view.

Police also erected 10-foot-high wooden panels in front of the church, and the bride and groom kept well out of sight.

After the guests and wedding party left in red buses and a black Rolls Royce, fans stormed the church, grabbing up the white lilies spread out across the large medieval hall.

The Rev. Dominique Schubert told The Associated Press that he formally married the 25-year-old Parker and 32-year-old Longoria in a full Catholic wedding ceremony. He gave no details.

For the civil ceremony, Parker, who was born in Belgium and grew up in France, asked Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoe to officiate. Parker's friends translated when Delanoe gave a speech calling the basketball star a model in the fight against racism.

"I married a friend to the woman he loves. It was touching, moving, very warm and at the same time very relaxed," Delanoe said on RTL radio Saturday.

And romantic, he added: "They kiss all the time."

He praised Longoria's choice of dresses and designer - she wore a pink Chanel mini dress on her way into the town hall, but changed into a white dress in the district mayor's office. French law requires a civil ceremony even when couples marry in a church.

Saturday started gray but the skies cleared by the time the wedding guests arrived at the church. Fans stood through drizzle and shine.

"I love the series and I came out today for the chance to see Eva, the 'American in Paris,'" said Lola Michot, a 16-year-old high school student from the eastern French city of Besancon. She waited outside the church for hours for a glimpse.

Heather Biehl, a 34-year-old English teacher from San Francisco now living in the southern French city of Aix-en-Provence, came across the hubbub with her mother and very excited 8-year-old daughter.

"The atmosphere was crazy out here. I thought maybe it was (French President) Nicolas Sarkozy," she said.

The couple and their entourage have given very few details about the wedding, but media reports said they were to follow the religious service with a bash at Vaux-le-Vicomte, a 17th century chateau 35 miles southeast of Paris.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

spurschick
07-07-2007, 01:58 PM
http://www.ok-magazine.com/latest_news_detailed.php?newsId=388

At 5:20pm on a perfect July afternoon in Paris, Eva Longoria and Tony Parker exchanged their vows in front of a crowd of family and friends inside the spectacular Church of Saint Germain l'Auxerrois in Paris' historic 1st Arrondissement. The blessed event, presided over by Pere Dominic Schubert, was in both English and French. And in a bit of twist, Tony, who was born in France, said his portion of the wedding vows in English, while Texas-native Eva recited hers in French — though she broke into giggles when she struggled to pronounce the word "poverte."

Guests were awed by the scale and beauty of the event, many of them confessing to OK! that such an extraordinary wedding had them thinking about marriage.

"The wedding was very emotional," Ryan Seacrest tells OK! exclusively at the reception. "It makes you think... Right now I'm looking at this Chateau and thinking how small my house is by comparison!"

Earlier today, the bride was the first to depart her hotel suite at the Park Hyatt hotel in Paris for the wedding site. Guaranteeing that Tony would have no chance of seeing her in her exquisite gown by Angel Sanchez, Eva brought it with her to the cathedral, where all her final preparations were made.

Around an hour later, A-list guests like Mario Lopez and Ryan Seacrest rode off to the cathedral in dark red coaches while throngs of fans and well-wishers cheered. "It's like a royal wedding!" one wedding guest tells OK!.

Yesterday, Eva and her basketballer beau completed the first step in getting married by taking part in a civil ceremony in Paris' 4th District town.

“I am beyond thrilled and ecstatic to have taken the first step with the civil ceremony today," the actress shared exclusively with OK! after the event. "It was a dream come true in every sense of the word."

The event, presided over by the mayor of Paris, was attended by a small group of family and friends, including their parents and Eva's bridesmaids. The bride-to-be wore Chanel for the ceremony. "I wanted it to be as special as possible and was honored to wear Chanel couture," Eva tells OK!. "I felt like a princess!!!!!"

For his part, Chanel's Karl Lagerfeld was equally honored to design for the sexy star. "Eva sent me such a sweet note to ask me to design a dress," the world-famous designer tells OK!. "I couldn't resist to make her happy and make the dress."

And of course, you'll get to see all the pictures of the blessed event for yourself, exclusively in next week's issue of OK!.

Kori Ellis
07-07-2007, 03:55 PM
And of course, you'll get to see all the pictures of the blessed event for yourself, exclusively in next week's issue of OK!.
They sold the rights to their wedding pics to this magazine for $2M.

Smart way to eliminate the costs of their elaborate wedding :lol

boutons_
07-07-2007, 04:08 PM
It's 11 PM at Vaux-le-comte, the place must be rockin'.

The food and hors-d'oeuvres and drink should be incredible, the very best Parisian caterers offer.

Testing
07-07-2007, 05:58 PM
though she broke into giggles when she struggled to pronounce the word "poverte."

:lol A little childish but funny....

JP le Requin
07-08-2007, 11:24 AM
i saw so many former and actual spurs player and the coach popivich, i have a picture with him!!

sweet!!

judaspriestess
07-08-2007, 02:18 PM
They sold the rights to their wedding pics to this magazine for $2M.

Smart way to eliminate the costs of their elaborate wedding :lol

from what I have read elsewhere, they were donating the money to Tony's make a wish foundation in France.

greens
07-08-2007, 03:16 PM
i saw so many former and actual spurs player and the coach popivich, i have a picture with him!!

sweet!!

Awesome!!! So which Spurs players attend?

judaspriestess
07-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Here is a video from AccessHollywood and how she first met Tony.

I think they are adorable.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah5996.shtml

fred33
07-08-2007, 04:17 PM
elson vaugn rose nazr mohamed sean elliot finley deron williams cris paul baron davis andrei kirilenko barry etc... also jessica alba lake bell terrence howard kiefer sutherland p diddy sheril crow desperate housewives crew roseline sanchez eric winter mario lopez karina smirnoff thierry henry etc... french guest : pietrus bergeaud douillet eric judor turiaf diaw booba doucoure diarra djhone ... ryan seacrest ...

Testing
07-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Nazr Mohamed was invited? :wow Why? :lol I didn't realize they were close.

And wasn't sheryl Crow performing at the Live Earth concerts across the world in that day? How did she manage to attend the wedding?

ShoogarBear
07-08-2007, 11:19 PM
At least Nazr is a former teammate.

Chris Paul, Baron Davis, AK?

Mmmm . . . Jessica Alba . . . one day I hope to be invited to a party where she is a guest.

Shelly
07-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Kori...just and FYI, X17 does not allow people posting their pictures without paying a la GETTY. Which is why they are suing PerezHilton.com for 7 million dollars for swiping their pictures and putting on his blog.

Inagra, you should just link to them instead of posting them here.

CoolChick
07-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Kori...just and FYI, X17 does not allow people posting their pictures without paying a la GETTY. Which is why they are suing PerezHilton.com for 7 million dollars for swiping their pictures and putting on his blog.

X17!? I read a different story about the lawsuit they have against perezhilton.

CoolChick
07-09-2007, 07:48 PM
From what I read, X17 are suing perezhilton because he posts their pictures and never gave them credit, so they feel like the pictures were stolen from them.

Spurfect
07-09-2007, 07:51 PM

wow I didn't know that about perezhilton.com!
as much as i like reading that gossip page, i cannot stand that egotistical media whore Perez... i hope he does have to pay up!!

Kori Ellis
07-09-2007, 07:53 PM
At least Nazr is a former teammate.

Chris Paul, Baron Davis, AK?

Mmmm . . . Jessica Alba . . . one day I hope to be invited to a party where she is a guest.

Tony is very good friends with Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Baron. It must be a point guard club :) And he's been friends with AK since they were teenagers.

T Park
07-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Here's to hoping high profile marriage stress doesn't fuck up "Hollywood's" game

hollywood's?

christ....

lilmads
07-09-2007, 09:13 PM
I heard on Extra that they're honeymooning in the Caribbean. Anyone know where exactly?

Shelly
07-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Cool Chick...regardless, he's not paying for them. You can't post pictures from WireImage, X17, SplashNews WENN, Getty, and Ramey without paying. I believe SplashNews is also suing him as well as some others.

E20
07-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Parker can't tie his shoes?

BeerIsGood!
07-10-2007, 12:08 AM
hollywood's?

christ....

Isn't that what his teammates call him in a "joking" manner? I'm sure I heard that mentioned at least three or four times during the Finals alone. Were you not watching?

Doesn't Surprise Me.