PDA

View Full Version : who's in a bigger bind if they stand pat?

td4mvp3
07-06-2007, 08:25 PM
spurs
mavs
suns
chicago?

mavs>spurs2
07-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Suns. Defense wins championships.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-06-2007, 08:45 PM
what he said ^

justanotherspursfan
07-06-2007, 08:45 PM
:tu

Dirk Nowitzki
07-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Bulls and Mavs. Lack of a bigman who can score in the paint is going to bite both of these teams in the asses hard. It's a huge reason why either team didn't win the championship and it will continue to play a factor in their playoff exits if it stays that way.

Dirk Nowitzki
07-06-2007, 09:15 PM

Suns have things I really wish the Mavs had. A superstar (Nash) who isnt afraid of contact or taking big shots, and a bigman who can score at will in the paint in Amare. Not to mention the Suns defend the Mavs a lot better than the Mavs defend the Suns (They basically get to play their style with no struggles). Since May 4th 2007 I finally realized/accepted the truth on why the Mavs didn't win the title this year and last year. We lack a superstar who bends but doesn't break. Dirk has superstar potential but when it comes to toughness check time, he reverts to an all star at best. We lack a low post scorer as well and our interior D is at best decent but still can be exposed. I dont have any reason to feel optimistic about the future of this team if they stand pat.

mavs>spurs2
07-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Yea I agree, if the mavs don't get a low post scorer we may never get back to the finals. A low post scorer would keep the defense honest and teams wouldn't be able to double and triple team Dirk. It's really the only thing the Mavs have been lacking the last several years.

td4mvp21
07-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Chicago and Suns. Chicago NEEDS a post player really bad, because guards are easy to shut down.

The Suns can't beat the Spurs, and I think they could beat the Mavs, but if they get all whiny and lose their composure again, they aren't going to ever get out of the West.

Cry Havoc
07-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Chicago and Phoenix.

San Antonio won the title. Dallas had 67 wins and went to the Finals the year before.

Chicago and Phoenix have the pieces to move and the setup to possibly win the title.

Chicago had enough talent this year to win the East, but got nailed by a weak Detroit team.

Phoenix looked horrible against the Spurs -- complete loss of composure and finger pointing.

BradLohaus
07-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Chicago because they are by far the worst team of the group. And, when they needed a low post scorer, they tied up a bunch of money for an old low post player who can't score. Why does everyone in the national media say that Paxson is such a shrewed GM? That Ben Wallace signing was idiotic. Sure it got them past the Heat in the first round, but it came at too big of a price, and it's probably the reason why KG hasn't suited up in a Bulls uniform already.

Xylus
07-06-2007, 11:26 PM
If the Suns can keep their composure, I'd have to say they're the favorites next year.

kyleo
07-07-2007, 12:33 AM
If the Suns can keep their composure, I'd have to say they're the favorites next year.
I'm sure the media feel similarly.

itzsoweezee
07-07-2007, 01:32 AM
the mavs - they've got a huge glaring hole in their offense: no inside scoring. it still pisses me off that popovich didn't exploit that shit in 2006.

Dirk Nowitzki
07-07-2007, 03:07 AM
the mavs - they've got a huge glaring hole in their offense: no inside scoring. it still pisses me off that popovich didn't exploit that shit in 2006.

While Pops mishaps didnt piss me off, you hit it right on the money. It really fucking pisses me off seeing Mav fans think little tweaks will be enough. They laugh up the lack of inside scoring and think its nothing yet thats a huge weakness that has been exposed. Gerald Wallace, Desmond Mason just dont get me happy nor optimistic. They arent low post scorers so they arent going to solve our big weakness. Darko is the closest thing in terms of signing someone who can make me feel somewhat optimistic. Zach Randloph would have been really nice. We arent getting anyone who is a badass in a trade for scraps unless we include Howard or Harris.

dieman8686
07-07-2007, 03:38 AM
While Pops mishaps didnt piss me off, you hit it right on the money. It really fucking pisses me off seeing Mav fans think little tweaks will be enough. They laugh up the lack of inside scoring and think its nothing yet thats a huge weakness that has been exposed. Gerald Wallace, Desmond Mason just dont get me happy nor optimistic. They arent low post scorers so they arent going to solve our big weakness. Darko is the closest thing in terms of signing someone who can make me feel somewhat optimistic. Zach Randloph would have been really nice. We arent getting anyone who is a badass in a trade for scraps unless we include Howard or Harris.
Wait where are the .... :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant MAVS IN >>>>>><<<<<<

Beno Udrih
07-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Wait where are the .... :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant MAVS IN >>>>>><<<<<<
Why dont you go fuck your self.

Dirk Nowitzki
07-07-2007, 04:29 AM

:depressed :depressed :depressed That part of me is dead. My spirits are so crushed by these chodes that I dont think I will ever be that optimistic again. I am dealing with a serious reality check now. 5/4/07 is why I am.

Johnny RIngo
07-07-2007, 06:22 AM

It's already common knowledge that the Spurs own the S0ns. Add in the Mavs and the Jazz(they owned the S0ns during the reg season) and it's looking more and more like Phoenix is going nowhere.

Shred
07-07-2007, 06:41 AM
It's already common knowledge that the Spurs own the S0ns. Add in the Mavs and the Jazz(they owned the S0ns during the reg season) and it's looking more and more like Phoenix is going nowhere.

But at least their fans won't be seen on these boards throwing around the n-bomb and talking about "owning" black men....

Darrin
07-07-2007, 12:11 PM
spurs
mavs
suns
chicago?

Bulls.

Dirk Nowitzki
07-07-2007, 01:11 PM

Um the Mavs didnt own the Suns this year. We went 2-2 with them as they took the last 2 meetings.

Johnny RIngo
07-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Um the Mavs didnt own the Suns this year. We went 2-2 with them as they took the last 2 meetings.

That's cause Avery coached like a noob. He burned his team out too early. Based on one of his recent interviews it seems like he's going to approach the reg season in a similar fashion to Pops. When was the last time the S0ns beat a decent squad in the playoffs? I sure as hell can't remember.

Defense wins championships. D'Antoni and Nash have no clue when it comes to playing D so it's pretty obvious the S0ns are going nowhere

Stargazer
07-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Congrats to the Spurs and all, but Spurs fans are deluding themselves if they think they are so far ahead of the Suns and Mavs that they can stand pat and let the others try to catch them.

Suns and Spurs split the first four games (three close games, one Suns blow out). Even setting aside the suspensions, the Spurs eked out Game 5 in the final minute, and if you think that couldn't have gone either way, you're crazy. Even Game 6 was mostly decided by a three-minute run in the 3rd quarter.

These teams are close -- and I like the Suns on who has most room to improve. It seems to me that Pop already has the Spurs firing on all cylinders, and I don't see any obvious ways that they can improve without developing new players. The Suns, on the other hand, supposedly play "no defense," at least according to Spurs fans on this board. I don't agree, but I do agree that the Suns have lots of room to improve on that score even without making any personnel moves.

In short, Spurs have peaked (and more power to them); Suns are still rising.

Shred
07-07-2007, 03:01 PM
That's cause Avery coached like a noob. He burned his team out too early. Based on one of his recent interviews it seems like he's going to approach the reg season in a similar fashion to Pops. When was the last time the S0ns beat a decent squad in the playoffs? I sure as hell can't remember.

Defense wins championships. D'Antoni and Nash have no clue when it comes to playing D so it's pretty obvious the S0ns are going nowhere

You know what hurts you the most about the Suns signing Hill? He's costing them about half of what Matt Bonner will get paid by the Spurs. :lol

SpursDynasty
07-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Here's what will happen for the rest of the Dirk in Dallas, Nash/Stoudemire in Phoenix Eras:

1. The Suns and Mavs will be the "favorites" to win the championship.
2. They'll each get 60+ wins in the regular season.
3. They'll lose in the playoffs and we'll call it an "upset".
4. The Spurs will win the championship and people will put an asterick next to it because Dallas or Phoenix was supposed to win it.

mavs>spurs2
07-07-2007, 03:21 PM
SpursDynasty what's up with your sig? You know the spurs aren't allowed to repeat.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2007, 03:54 PM
SpursDynasty what's up with your sig? You know the spurs aren't allowed to repeat.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Bulls.
:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2007, 04:01 PM
You know what hurts you the most about the Suns signing Hill? He's costing them about half of what Matt Bonner will get paid by the Spurs. :lol
Yea because Grant Hill will prove he was the better signing in those 14 games he plays.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Cleveland hasn't done shit either.

mavs>spurs2
07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
The suns signing Hill is about the dumbest thing i've ever heard. How the hell is an old, broken down guy with bad ankles going to thrive in a run and gun offense? How about using some of that money to sign defenders, which is what they really need?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2007, 04:15 PM
One player that I think could've had a career year with the Suns is James Posey. He's pretty much Grant Hill without the ankles and with a 3point jumpshot.

mavs>spurs2
07-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Part of me says that they signed Hill just to keep him away fromt the Spurs. Weren't the Spurs looking at him as a backup SF?

Johnny RIngo
07-07-2007, 07:24 PM
The suns signing Hill is about the dumbest thing i've ever heard. How the hell is an old, broken down guy with bad ankles going to thrive in a run and gun offense? How about using some of that money to sign defenders, which is what they really need?

You're asking the S0ns to play defense? D'Antoni doesn't like to hear the "D-word"

td4mvp3
07-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Cleveland hasn't done shit either.
yeah, but cleveland was so obviously out of place that it would have been a given that, of the teams staying pat, the cavs are the clear losers.