PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on a Jersey

Gino20
07-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Greetings...I have been wanting to buy a new white Ginobili jersey. I seen one, but not sure if I should buy it. It is "made" by Reebok (I realize the new version is by Adidas), but the "U" in Spurs is in complete silver. Did they really make these or is it a knock off? All advice is appreicated...thanks!

Avitus1
07-07-2007, 02:30 AM
As far as I know they did.

MI21
07-07-2007, 03:22 AM
If you post a picture of it I can tell you whether it is a Replica, Swingman, Authentic or a fake.

dav4463
07-07-2007, 03:30 AM
Get a Duncan jersey. It's a travesty that he isn't number one in jersey sales on the Spurs.

mikekim
07-07-2007, 03:32 AM
is it on ebay and is it advertised as "authentic"? if so, I think i've seen them (a LOT of them) and I'm not really sure if it's legit.

As for me, after some sound advice from MI21 I just decided to go with a nice Swingman jersey from ebay.

KEDA
07-07-2007, 08:04 AM
post the link so we can see if it is a fake or not.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-07-2007, 09:33 AM
If the Spur is all silver with no black trim on the logo (I know which ones you're talking about), it's a fake.

Here's what it should look like.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/9/5/7/8/5/webimg/50678908_o.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-07-2007, 09:34 AM
And I'm not this guy, but it looks like he has some good deals on good stuff (at least it seems, I might be wrong once everybody takes a closer look).

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsportsQ5ffanQ5fheaven

MI21
07-07-2007, 11:58 AM
The picture Johnny Blaze posted is a fake.

And the link posted directs you to fake jerseys as well.

Stay away.

Gino20
07-07-2007, 12:03 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/GINOBILI-20-SAN-ANTONIO-SPURS-WHITE-JERSEY-SZ-48_W0QQitemZ330144066006QQihZ014QQcategoryZ83100QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks similar to this one....sorry, still trying to learn how to use the forum, but thats the address...thanks for the help!

barbacoataco
07-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm no expert, but in general people should assume that 19.99 "authentic" jerseys are fake. That is so far below the wholesale it has to be fake.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-07-2007, 12:20 PM
The picture Johnny Blaze posted is a fake.

And the link posted directs you to fake jerseys as well.

Stay away.

Well, shut my mouth.

Sorry about that.

Well, at least you now know what not to look for.

KEDA
07-07-2007, 12:29 PM
yeah, all those jerseys are fakes

if you are looking for jerseys, ebay is a bad place to get them.

try jersey-joe (http://www.jersey-joe.com), the selection is good, and all of them are 100% authentic.

lefty
07-07-2007, 12:33 PM

try jersey-joe (http://www.jersey-joe.com), the selection is good, and all of them are 100% authentic.

They don't have SPurs jerseys

MI21
07-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Well, shut my mouth.

Sorry about that.

Well, at least you now know what not to look for.

It's very easy to get confused Johnny...the fakes are very good these days. It takes a trained eye to spot them most of the time.

I'm no expert, but in general people should assume that 19.99 "authentic" jerseys are fake. That is so far below the wholesale it has to be fake.

Yeah, that's a good point, but no always true. Incredible bargains to be had on ebay. I got a Tony Parker Grey Throwback retail of around $80US for $20US going back a few weeks... There is legit bargains out there.

try jersey-joe, the selection is good, and all of them are 100% authentic.

Ebay is by far the best place to get them. Best selection, best prices etc.. you just have to know what you are looking at. I've never got caught out on buying a fake and I've been buying jerseys off there for about 4/5 years now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GINOBILI-20-SAN...1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks similar to this one....sorry, still trying to learn how to use the forum, but thats the address...thanks for the help!

That is a fake. A good one, but a fake.

If anybody is buying a jersey off of Ebay and wants to know if it is legit or not, feel free to PM me the auction.

Gino20
07-07-2007, 12:57 PM
It's very easy to get confused Johnny...the fakes are very good these days. It takes a trained eye to spot them most of the time.

Yeah, that's a good point, but no always true. Incredible bargains to be had on ebay. I got a Tony Parker Grey Throwback retail of around $80US for $20US going back a few weeks... There is legit bargains out there.

Ebay is by far the best place to get them. Best selection, best prices etc.. you just have to know what you are looking at. I've never got caught out on buying a fake and I've been buying jerseys off there for about 4/5 years now.

That is a fake. A good one, but a fake.

If anybody is buying a jersey off of Ebay and wants to know if it is legit or not, feel free to PM me the auction.

Kewl, thanks for all the help!!!

MI21
07-07-2007, 12:59 PM
No problems.

Another little tip for anyone buying jerseys on Ebay. People often think that because the jersey has the official NBA tags along with it, that it couldn't be a fake. But people actually sell bunches of those Tags on Ebay to help people produce the fakes.

SequSpur
07-07-2007, 05:05 PM
if you want a real jersey ask ginobili for it after the game... wtf? they are all replicas... wgaf... i have spurs undies. Are they real?

Racspur1
07-07-2007, 08:19 PM
The Nets are overrated...Ask J. Kidd !!! :spin

Money316
07-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Its looks great. Just buy the fucker; no one will know the difference. Errr only a couple of dick heads posting to this thread.

braeden0613
07-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Why can't they just make the spur the right color?? and why is there a finals trophy on it?? i need to go into the fake jersey business

KEDA
07-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Its looks great. Just buy the fucker; no one will know the difference. Errr only a couple of dick heads posting to this thread.

Exactly why am I a dickhead for knowing that a jersey is fake?

Just because I do a little homework and know the difference of what is a real jersey and what is not makes me a dickhead.

nice to know

MI21
07-08-2007, 12:22 AM

It's like buying a V6 that has been badged up and sold as a V8. You are still getting something good, but it isn't what you thought you were buying and not as good as the real thing.

Why is somebody a dickhead for wanting to get buy something that isn't a knock off?

SequSpur
07-08-2007, 12:28 AM
Let me chime in....

WTF is a "REAL" jersey? Please tell me..... Is it a status symbol or what? They have jerseys at Academy... are those real? They don't look like Manus.

WTF? Please explain.

MI21
07-08-2007, 12:54 AM
There are 3 sorts of "Real" Jerseys.

Replicas Jerseys - They come with wide shoulders, are made of a thin mesh and are the cheapest of the bunch. I hate them, but a lot of people buy them because they are the cheapest. They look a lot like the jerseys the Spurs actually wear, just made of a different material and are a different cut. Cost around $35-45US.

Swingman Jerseys - They are the mid priced jersey, and the best ones in my opinion. Pretty much an exact copy of the jerseys the Spurs wear, with sewn on numbers and logo's, and are the best sized jerseys. Usually about double the price of a replica at about $70-80US.

Authentic Jersey - The most expensive jersey. An exact copy of what the players wear, same material, same everything. Usuallly about $130-150US.

THE SIXTH MAN
07-08-2007, 01:49 AM
The OP made a thread and asked for advice, people gave it to him. So how does that make them dick heads? Some people care if they buy knocked off shit, and some people don't which is fine. But like I said the op asked and made a thread.

THE SIXTH MAN
07-08-2007, 01:53 AM
There are 3 sorts of "Real" Jerseys.

Replicas Jerseys - They come with wide shoulders, are made of a thin mesh and are the cheapest of the bunch. I hate them, but a lot of people buy them because they are the cheapest. They look a lot like the jerseys the Spurs actually wear, just made of a different material and are a different cut. Cost around $35-45US.

Swingman Jerseys - They are the mid priced jersey, and the best ones in my opinion. Pretty much an exact copy of the jerseys the Spurs wear, with sewn on numbers and logo's, and are the best sized jerseys. Usually about double the price of a replica at about $70-80US.

Authentic Jersey - The most expensive jersey. An exact copy of what the players wear, same material, same everything. Usuallly about $130-150US.
And just to add to MI21's post. Replica jerseys have the team name, player name, and the player number screen printed on the jersey.

Besides that everything else is spot on. :tu

MI21
07-08-2007, 02:00 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I think the Swingman jerseys are the best in terms of quality compared to price. Authentics are often made of shiny crap, and replicas are just horrible.

MI21
07-08-2007, 02:01 AM
Oh, and THE SIXTH MAN, stop being a dickhead would you.

THE SIXTH MAN
07-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Oh, and THE SIXTH MAN, stop being a dickhead would you.
:lol

THE SIXTH MAN
07-08-2007, 02:04 AM
The Swing-mans are my favorite as well for the reasons mentioned in this thread.