PDA

View Full Version : WTF...............Sports Talk SA ??

rr2418
12-07-2004, 05:05 PM
What's wrong with STSA? It's a load of CRAP!!! That station needs to change Pasacrita and Harris. SEND THEM OUT OF HERE!!!! We need people who will talk sports, answer calls, and not keep interupting you after they asked you a question.

DrRich
12-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Don't listen anymore.....

rr2418
12-07-2004, 05:31 PM
yeah.................your right! I don't think I will. It's just that I hadn't listened to STSA in a long time and didn't know how bad it has gotten.

2centsworth
12-07-2004, 11:04 PM
it's horrible. I've listened a total of 3 times since they changed the format and this is what I heard those 3 times.

Thompson Brothers:

First time a few months back and they interviewed the play by play for the tech red raiders and asked him if Tech is excited about their running back Neamiah Glover. HUH? Stupid ass at least know your big 12 football.

Second time a few weeks later. They interviewed a spurs assistant coach and ask him QUOTE" Are you (spurs) excited about your front line in Tony Parker and Manu Ginobilli" The spurs assistant was totally lost and tried to correct the guy, but Thompson continued to sound stupid and insisted on pushing the whole front line angle. IDIOT

Then a few weeks later I tried to give them one last chance and heard the following. Talking patriots football and stupid Thompson comments on how the patriots struggled early last year because TY LAW was traded. WTF, it was lawyer maloy and he was cut.

3 strikes and they're off my radio. Sorry excuse for sports radio, more like dumb dumb radio.

Ignite
12-07-2004, 11:47 PM
I am here to defend the Thompson brothers, since I have been listening to them in 2000 on saturday mornings I knew they were going to be big. Now on the weekends the Thompsons have their own national show on Fox Sports Radio. They are great radio hosts who are funny and knowledgeable. I am sure even Al Michaels made his share of mistakes, it doesn't mean hes not credible.

As for Sports Talk San Antonio..... I hate Jeff Vexler and Mr T. Walter is ok but he got along better with Don Harris. Every second is Mr T laughing making some unfunny wisecrack and laughing like every joke he says is the greatest joke in the world. Vexler uses his loud boyish voice and overhypes every topic and uses more cliches than Van Earl Wright. Give Vexler and Van Earl their own show with John McEnroe. That will be a ratings fest...

CosmicCowboy
12-08-2004, 09:08 AM
I listened to the Thompsons for the first time last week...They were bagging on Mengke Bateer...talking about how the Chinese government was pissed off at him for getting too americanized and cutting him from their national team etc. etc...

I was thinking WTF? That sounds like Wang Zhi Zhi they are talking about...they just kept going on and on about Mengke...

next thing the Thomsons cut in and said they had RC Buford on the phone...LMAO...he was apparently listening in his car and called in on his cell to tell them they were fucking up and to quit bagging on his boy Mengke and get the names straight...

jalbre6
12-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Is that possibly just part of their schtick? Making stupid mistakes on purpose and getting listeners to call in to correct them?

2centsworth
12-08-2004, 12:07 PM
They are great radio hosts who are funny and knowledgeable. I am sure even Al Michaels made his share of mistakes, it doesn't mean hes not credible.

the more you listen the more you realize those guys don't have a clue about sports. They are not making small mistakes either, their mistakes are on the same plane as my wife calling a touchdown a homerun. I like the Thompsons because they are local boys, but they are stupid when it comes to sports. I stumbled on their national show one time at 3am on sunday morning or somethng and it was funny as hell listening to them respond to a Hockey question(Clueless). Then a St. Louis Cardnals fan called in to ask a question and that was even funnier.

Aud21946
12-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Sports talk Sa and Hardcore Sports are terriblr replacements for whatever was on before that .. .....

pooh
12-09-2004, 01:18 AM
They need to bring back the Drive with CJ Silas and Bruce Jacobs, cut out STSA all together. Leave the Thompsons to some extent but that's it.

DrRich
12-09-2004, 09:41 AM
CJ Silas is just another example why women should not be in Sports Talk Radio. She stumbles over facts all day long and after about the first 10 minutes it get real annoying. Bruce Jacobs is okay though. They just need to get the Dallas show in syndication or the Dan atrick show would be nice too.

But I agree get rid of Walter, Vex and the Brothers all together. They are after all the reason I have switched my radio dial off of the Ticket. Hell, It's almost to the point they should just bring back Jay Howard and Laura Green. At least they get their facts straight!

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-09-2004, 09:51 AM
We need more Peter Burns!

samikeyp
12-09-2004, 10:13 AM
They need to bring back the Drive with CJ Silas and Bruce Jacobs, cut out STSA all together. Leave the Thompsons to some extent but that's it.
Wrong. We need more local radio, Vex and Walter just aren't it.

CJ Silas is just another example why women should not be in Sports Talk Radio.

never heard of Kori Ellis I guess.

yes, more Peter Burns. The MikeyP, PB, and Blaze show! :elephant

PeterBurns
12-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Okay.

I'm calling my shot.

Tomorrow (Friday) will be the worst STSA ever.....

I will be filling in for Pasacrita (Vacation)
I'm like Pete Rose in his prime throwing the game for the bookies.

The over/under of dumb ass remarks by me. Vegas has set at 9.5
TAKE THE OVER

Here's my STSA checklist for tomorrow.

1) Applaud the Cowboys for sticking with Drew Henson in their thrilling win over the Seahawks

2) Bash the Spurs for not Benching the Duncan and Parker in the Sonics victory and ask out loud why they traded David Robinson to the Clippers

3) Bring up a hard hitting debate question like...."What's a better feeling, getting an RBI or hitting a 3-pointer

4) At least 8 different pauses of dead air while I quickly try to google the name of player and make some stats up about him.

We have already broken down the segments.
Here is the first hour.

2:06-2:15

Vex intro.
Peter throws in lame joke, nobody laughs.
Vex recaps Spurs-Rockets games. Analyzes.
Peter throws in "Yeah, Big victory." or another gem like "Spurs really needed to end that losing streak"
Vex throws a legitimate question Peter's way. Peter wiffs. Stutters and throws out. "Yeah but it was a big victory"
Vex throws a softball to Peter to get him going. Peter wiffs again. Vex answers his own question and wraps up segment.

Break

2:19-2:30.
Vex Intro.
Peter attempts to make lame joke/pun. Nobody laughs. We begin to hear radio dials surfing for Christmas music.
Vex comments about Ron Artest and the Pacers and asks Peter about his thoughts.
Peter Replies. "Crazy stuff, but I still think it was a big Victory for the Spurs last night"
Vex perplexed, changes subject asks about the Cowboys. Which leads to the following exchange.
Vex - Can you believe the Cowboys are still in the PLayoff hunt?
Peter - No
Vex - I mean, it takes some balls to keep Vinny in at QB!
Peter - Yep
Vex - Okay. Let's go to the lines.
Chad calls. Proceeds to yell..."This show suuuuccccksssss!".
Vex laughs it off, yet very professionally continues to carry the show. Peter is caught playing poker online during a segment. Mr. T. goes into the studio and shuts his computer off.

Break.

2:36-2:45
Segment cancelled after Peter accidently spills Red Bull all over the production "thingy-majiggers" and they can't use the mics.

2:50-
Vex can not find Peter as the segment starts. After a search party is held, they find Peter in the Soft Rock studio with what appears to be a large unattractive woma n. Peter utters the words ..."ughhhg....ahhh..umm...Slumpbuster...."
Vex actually continues the show without missing a beat. In a final attempt to save the 1st hour. Vex tries his best....
Vex: So Peter, Big weekend in Sports who do you like this week?
Peter: Kyle Boller eats donkey feces!!!
Vex: Okay, got to clean it up their big guy, the censors are listening.
Peter: (In a Latrell voice) "Suck MY ........(Beeped out by Mr. T.)

Nate Lundy then enters the studio, shuts down Peter's mike, and asks him to leave the building. Peter refuses and shouts Revolutionary War quotes like "Give me liberty or give me death, and No Taxation without Represenation"

Clear Channel guards remove better from the building and it makes news on WOAI at 5:00.

So overall big day for me!
Wish me luck

DrRich
12-09-2004, 10:24 AM
never heard of Kori Ellis I guess.

I quess I should have said "Most Women", There are a few exceptionslike Kori and possibly Michelle Tafoya.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-09-2004, 10:55 AM
3) Bring up a hard hitting debate question like...."What's a better feeling, getting an RBI or hitting a 3-pointer

You have now guaranteed a call from me tomorrow. Book it. :lmao

2:50-
Vex can not find Peter as the segment starts. After a search party is held, they find Peter in the Soft Rock studio with what appears to be a large unattractive woma n. Peter utters the words ..."ughhhg....ahhh..umm...Slumpbuster...."
Vex actually continues the show without missing a beat. In a final attempt to save the 1st hour. Vex tries his best....
Vex: So Peter, Big weekend in Sports who do you like this week?
Peter: Kyle Boller eats donkey feces!!!
Vex: Okay, got to clean it up their big guy, the censors are listening.
Peter: (In a Latrell voice) "Suck MY ........(Beeped out by Mr. T.)

Thing is...ratings might go UP with that one and this city.

Overall, Peter... :lmao

Blood Dong
12-09-2004, 12:43 PM
More Peter Burns, YES!!

Three Words Folks............SEE TICKET DALLAS!!!!!!

and to Jalbre6.............Jeff Vexler is Rocco Pendola, nuff said

jalbre6
12-09-2004, 02:09 PM
if he's Rocco, then the 3-7 guys in SA will get rid of him soon enough :)

Kori Ellis
12-09-2004, 02:20 PM
:lol @ Pete

Good luck with the show tomorrow.

2centsworth
12-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Here's my STSA checklist for tomorrow.

1) Applaud the Cowboys for sticking with Drew Henson in their thrilling win over the Seahawks

2) Bash the Spurs for not Benching the Duncan and Parker in the Sonics victory and ask out loud why they traded David Robinson to the Clippers

4) At least 8 different pauses of dead air while I quickly try to google the name of player and make some stats up about him.

you're going to fit right in.

Blood Dong
12-09-2004, 04:48 PM
if he's Rocco, then the 3-7 guys in SA will get rid of him soon enough :)

YES!!!!!
or he'll meltdown on the air with Gordo

johnny00
12-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Sports talk Sa and Hardcore Sports are terriblr replacements for whatever was on before that .. .....

Oh no way....I HATED CJ SILAS. All I ever heard during my lunch breaks were about the Dodgers or the Lakers, I would switch to anything else rather than listen to that. IRRITATING. At least I get to hear biased reporting San Antonio style now. It may not be much better but it's allright by me.