PDA

View Full Version : phxsuns.net

Stargazer
07-08-2007, 12:30 AM
How do I join phxsuns.net?

Sorry to clutter this board with this, but I don't know what else to try. I've been lurking at phxsuns.com for a year, thinking that they would open up for new members at some point, but no dice. I know their members sometimes read this board, though, so here's a plea: how about opening up for new members during the off-season? I understand if you don't want trolls during the season, but only a real fan would join during the summer. So how about it? Worm? Swingman? ShelC? I need a home of my own!

Pistons < Spurs
07-08-2007, 12:42 AM
It may just be till they move:

A note from Sose
6/11/07
Moving the site to the new server..

Sorry! New account registration is currently disabled
Reasons:
Sorry, registration is disabled at this time.

http://phxsuns.net/user.php

Stargazer
07-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Maybe, but it's been saying that for like six months.

THE SIXTH MAN
07-08-2007, 02:26 AM
One of their posters that post here as well said that they were content with the members they already had on their board and didn't look to let new people join.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-08-2007, 06:56 AM
One of their posters that post here as well said that they were content with the members they already had on their board and didn't look to let new people join.
sounds like something a suns fan would say, I believe that :lol

Shred
07-08-2007, 07:50 AM
sounds like something a suns fan would say, I believe that :lol

Yeah, Suns fans are known for being very stingy with new member registration on their message boards. :rolleyes

JMarkJohns
07-08-2007, 10:00 AM
They have open regeistration once or twice a year, after that you need to contact a current member, namely on with some pull, to get you in with Sose, the administrator.

PM Xylus. He's been posting there for a while.

Now that Cubby's dead, I'm not sure why the registration is closed, but then, they haven't always been keen on dissenting opinions, so I s'pose its just an easy way to keep things rose-colored...

Good luck getting in.

If you can't, try ArizonaSportsFan. I hear they are pretty good.

JMarkJohns
07-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah, Suns fans are known for being very stingy with new member registration on their message boards. :rolleyes

They are. What the hell are you talking about? They've had closed registration for the better part of this decade.

AZLouis
07-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Suns fans think .net is a joke.

Is Cubby really dead?

JMarkJohns
07-08-2007, 10:21 AM
I have no idea. That's what was said mid-way through the season. He never came around, not at AZcentral, not at .net, not at my place and I even looked a while at ESPN, but nothing.

There's been lots of things to happen that typically would have Cubby hopping mad, yet no word.

da_suns_fan__
07-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Suns fans think .net is a joke.

Is Cubby really dead?

He's not dead.

Im also a current member. You have to email Sose and have a current member vouche for you.

Jeremy
07-08-2007, 03:46 PM
I have no idea. That's what was said mid-way through the season. He never came around, not at AZcentral, not at .net, not at my place and I even looked a while at ESPN, but nothing.

There's been lots of things to happen that typically would have Cubby hopping mad, yet no word.

He's not dead--at least he wasn't back in May. He posted on AZCentral the night the Suns were eliminated. Perhaps he is ill, though. He sure didn't seem the same--he even said that he wants the Suns to win a championship so that us Suns fans can know what it feels like. I had never heard him talk like that before.

It was definitely him, though.

JMarkJohns
07-08-2007, 08:43 PM
That's not Cubby, then... He'd never want the Suns to win. Never. Sorry, but I ain't buying that. It was too easy to have a sock on that site. I had a dozen of them for all the times I "wasn't posting"...

I've known Cubby for seven years, give or take. He's not one to go without taking it to Suns fans for very long, let alone when we were so down this past may.

Maybe he's still alive. I don't know. However, I do know the last thing on this earth Cubby would have wanted for the Suns to win a Title, especially last year with Jerry still on board. He hated Colangelo and would have never lived with himself if JC had tasted an NBA Title.

ShoogarBear
07-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Wait, there's a Suns Fan who doesn't want the Suns to win a championship?

Did he have like 125 aliases on the board, too?

JMarkJohns
07-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Cubby was a Lakers fan, who endeared or estranged himself from Suns fans. I'm in the odd camp of both, I pretty much had to force the estrangement.

He knew a ton about basketball, but was hard to swallow and was prone to fits. Most, at least for much of the time, could stomach the bad because the good outweighed it. PHXSuns.net only exists todays because the founding members there needed a site of their own to escape Culburn's antics, thus the closed registration.

For my part, I love Cubby and wish many things could be taken back. However, now that I'm in a position of paid leadership, I see why some grew so tired of him so quickly.

He'd continued to post at AZcentral.com's message board for the last four years after stints on various Arizona forums, but sometime this year he'd stopped posting. One of the members there claimed he'd been in contact with Cubby, then Cubby's widow, claiming Cubby had passed after a long bout with cancer. He remained silent, until, apparently, this May when he or someone posing as Cubby posted in his name.

That's the rundown.

May he rest in peace...

I've never thought highly of .net because of their registration, but having such as also isolated themselves from differing opinions, and they are a very rose-colored group. They have many posters of quality, some very high quality, one being Xylus, but two that I can think of no longer even post, Vladimir Taltos and Ethan Cowen.

They have run many a dissenting opinion off, resort to mob tactics to belittle realists and have been acused, by more than just me, of being a message board equivalent to a circle jerk.

However, they have great information, are always on top of breaking news and anything Suns related. I just wish they were more inclusive, more tolerant to opposing views and a little less self-righteous in tone.

I've never joined, but once read them everyday, but it's been a long damn time since I even looked at the site. Things may have gotten better.

To be honest, I'd rather post here than an all-Suns board.

Jeremy
07-09-2007, 08:41 PM
That's not Cubby, then... He'd never want the Suns to win. Never. Sorry, but I ain't buying that. It was too easy to have a sock on that site. I had a dozen of them for all the times I "wasn't posting"...

I've known Cubby for seven years, give or take. He's not one to go without taking it to Suns fans for very long, let alone when we were so down this past may.

Maybe he's still alive. I don't know. However, I do know the last thing on this earth Cubby would have wanted for the Suns to win a Title, especially last year with Jerry still on board. He hated Colangelo and would have never lived with himself if JC had tasted an NBA Title.

Here are his posts from May: http://www.azcentral.com/phorum/search.php?10005,search=Letus7829,page=1,match_typ e=ALL,match_dates=90,match_forum=THISONE,body=,aut hor=1,subject=

And here is the specific post that I was talking about: http://www.azcentral.com/phorum/read.php?10005,818526,818684#msg-818684

And this one, too: http://www.azcentral.com/phorum/read.php?10005,818526,818603#msg-818603

JMarkJohns
07-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Here are his posts from May: http://www.azcentral.com/phorum/search.php?10005,search=Letus7829,page=1,match_typ e=ALL,match_dates=90,match_forum=THISONE,body=,aut hor=1,subject=

And here is the specific post that I was talking about: http://www.azcentral.com/phorum/read.php?10005,818526,818684#msg-818684

And this one, too: http://www.azcentral.com/phorum/read.php?10005,818526,818603#msg-818603

Interesting. Sounds like Cubby...