PDA

View Full Version : the power of 8 cents

Re-Animator
07-08-2007, 01:41 AM
Since most folks on eBay bid with .01 at the end of their bids I use the .09 and as you can see this person has no idea he is 8 cents away from winning the auction.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ebay.jpg

Re-Animator
07-08-2007, 01:43 AM
As you can see from his last bid he gave up not knowing how close he came.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ebay2.jpg

Re-Animator
07-08-2007, 01:50 AM
A man came over yesterday saying his laptop wouldn't play a game he just bought. I told him his laptop was only 700 MHz and he needs at least 800mhz to play his game. Plus he had a cheesy video card. He had a Dell Latitude c600 I asked him how much he paid, he said he paid 340.00 at the Goodwill computer store. I told him I could get the same laptop for 40.00 dollars off eBay

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ebay3.jpg

Re-Animator
07-08-2007, 01:58 AM
So he went to the goodwill store since he had a 30 day guaranty and they told him that they won't give him his money back. And they also told him I was full of shit that his laptop was 1.2 Ghz not 700 mhz. DEll doesn't even make any Latitudes C600s faster than 850 mhz, They said the reason my software said his pc was 700 MHz was cuz it was idle. I use PC wizard and it tells you everything about every part it even gives you the serial numbers.
They said he could up grade to another dell if he pays another 130.00 dollars. three tech dudes ganged up on him and finally talked him into trading in his laptop for a old ass Gateway Desktop that sells on eBay for 75 dollars

and get this, they didn't even give him a power cord or speakers.

:lmao

Re-Animator
07-08-2007, 02:04 AM
So he brings his desktop to my place and I found 34 DLL files missing and he had another 65 Issues that needed to be corrected. He keeps getting all kinds of Error warnings and his dvd Rom wont play any movies, His CD burner shuts off the PC if you try to use it.

And get this! Starting today the goodwill computer store only has a 7 day warranty and they put all kinds of tape on the back of the PC so you can look inside or upgrade it.

Someone needs to call the trouble shooters on that place they are ripping people off.

=RTM=
07-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Update

I contacted the trouble shooters so lets see if this goodwill computer scam is worthy for them to reply.

Summers
07-08-2007, 02:18 PM
I love ebay.

Re-Animator
07-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Update

I contacted the trouble shooters so lets see if this goodwill computer scam is worthy for them to reply.

RE: Trouble Shooters
From: Johnston, Mandi ([email protected]) on behalf of Troubleshooters ([email protected])
Medium risk You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:
Mon 7/09/07 3:08 PM
To:
[email protected]

Dear Mark,

Thank you for e-mailing the News 4 WOAI Trouble Shooters. We are so
sorry to hear your friend is frustrated. Unfortunately, Goodwill is a
non-profit selling second-hand computers as is. They cannot be
responsible for the cost of what you can find on ebay. Your friend
agreed upon their price and the product he would receive for it.

If he still feels it is necessary to file a complaint, he can do so with
the Better Business Bureau at www.centraltx.bbb.org

I hope that information helps!

News 4 WOAI Trouble Shooters

Re-Animator
07-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I told them this was not the goodwill stores where you buy used underwear this is a computer store selling used and new computers.

I also said this "I also told you all that they told him his notebook was 1.2 Ghz when in fact it was only 700Mhz I guess you can lie to people and take their money as long as your non profit? And selling a used 80.00 dollar laptop for 340.00 sounds like a profit to me."