rr2418
12-07-2004, 05:38 PM
1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. Auburn
4. Utah
5. Boise St.
6. Cal

The reason for the top 5? Because I think undefeated teams should be ahead of teams with 1 or 2 losses. All the top 5 are undefeated.

The reason for Cal instead of Texas? Because Cal lost a close game against USC. Cal probably should've won that game. Texas was shutout by the Sooners.

SORRY TEXAS FANS!!!!!

jalbre6
12-07-2004, 05:50 PM
1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. Auburn
4. Utah
5. Boise St.
6. Cal

I'm cool with everything but Boise, even though I do see where your coming from. Boise's two best W's are in El Paso against UTEP and at home against Orgeon State. If Texas doesn't get any love in your scenario, I'd probably go with Louisville, who's only loss was at Miami 41-38 and shut out both Kentucky and North Carolina.

rr2418
12-07-2004, 06:10 PM
........I'd probably go with Louisville, who's only loss was at Miami 41-38 and shut out both Kentucky and North Carolina.

I was going with Louisville. Didn't they average around 40+ ppg the last 4 games? I thought Cal played a little better.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2004, 06:34 PM
only loss was at Miami 41-38 Miami ain't all that great.

jalbre6
12-07-2004, 06:53 PM
No, they're not. But the Canes are still a top 20 team from a major conference, not to mention that they are one of the best "programs" in the nation. Not a bad road loss for a mid-major team.

exstatic
12-07-2004, 10:21 PM
SORRY TEXAS FANS!!!!!
:lmao I'm sure the Texas fans will "settle" for going to the Rose bowl over your approval.

rr2418
12-08-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm sure the Texas fans will "settle" for going to the Rose bowl over your approval.

Yeah probably so. Just like I'm sure Texas fans will feel "asterick-ish" about Texas going to a bowl game they really don't deserve to play in. :nope

samikeyp
12-08-2004, 04:06 PM
They don't deserve to go because you say so? :rolleyes Try and stem your hate.

Cal and UT both deserve to be in the BCS. Texas didn't break any rules, the system put them there. However, IMO, the system is flawed keeping Cal out.

This is why we need a playoff.

rr2418
12-08-2004, 04:42 PM
They don't deserve to go because you say so? Try and stem your hate.

Sure!! Because I say so. :lol I don't hate, gee, never mentioned that word! Opinions is what makes this forum go. My "opinion" is that I don't think Texas should be ahead of Cal. I'm a Longhorns fan, but I'm just calling 'em like I see 'em.

But you're right, until there is a playoff, there will always be these kinds of debates.

2centsworth
12-08-2004, 04:58 PM
The majority of people who's opinion count picked TEXAS over CAL.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Gimme a break.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/stewart_mandel/12/07/mailbag/index.html

One coach voted Texas #2 in the country (gee, wonder if Mack had a vote), two others voted Texas #3, and that was coupled with four voters voting Cal down to the 7/8 spots.

Talk about not deserving to be there, or the "majority of people whos opinion count"...

2centsworth
12-08-2004, 05:10 PM
One coach voted Texas #2 in the country (gee, wonder if Mack had a vote), two others voted Texas #3, and that was coupled with four voters voting Cal down to the 7/8 spots.

Talk about not deserving to be there, or the "majority of people whos opinion count"...

The people making the decisions picked TEXAS, how can that be any clearer.

Putting down texas doesn't prop up A&M.

The one coach that voted Texas number two was FRANCHIONNE after TEXAS kicked that ASS!

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-08-2004, 06:24 PM
This isn't about A&M vs. tu, this is about the right teams being in the right bowls. That you see no problem with tu being #2 or 3 says all that needs to be said in this discussion.

At best, tu should have been #4, being any higher on anyone's ballots is a sham. The people making decisions? You mean the press? The coaches? There's no bias at all there, and we're talking about the same idiotic press who made a cheating, degrading Gary Barnett their AP B12 Coach of the Year.

samikeyp
12-08-2004, 07:04 PM
There's no bias at all there, and we're talking about the same idiotic press who made a cheating, degrading Gary Barnett their AP B12 Coach of the Year.

amen. I was talking to a buddy of mine about this. Neither one of us are Aggie fans but we both agreed Fran got hosed.

tu? Trinity is in the BCS? :)

ALVAREZ6
12-08-2004, 07:31 PM
nipples

2centsworth
12-08-2004, 07:57 PM
This isn't about A&M vs. tu, this is about the right teams being in the right bowls. That you see no problem with tu being #2 or 3 says all that needs to be said in this discussion.

tu? you should have a little more respect for your daddy.