PDA

View Full Version : How is Pocket Communications?

The Red Hood
07-09-2007, 04:02 AM
I have considered trying out Pocket how are they do they have any faults and has anybody had any bad experiences with them I know their phones aren't much but their plans are cheap

The Red Hood
07-09-2007, 12:10 PM
anyone anyone yes no ok :wtf :( :depressed

Soul_Patch
07-09-2007, 12:21 PM
ive always sorta laughed at these new...imo...fluke...cell companies.

im being totaly ignorant when talking about them, but they just seem gimicky, and gimicky always turns me off to companies.

why not stay with a garuntee'd deliverer..like verizon or sprint or att...?

as for actual usage...never used em obviously.

PM5K
07-09-2007, 12:25 PM
What's gimmicky about them?

Melmart1
07-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I am on a dart team and out of six of us, three work for pocket :lol None of them actually have pocket for their cell service. Very curious to me. Everytime I ask about it (my long-ass contract is finally up in august and looking to switch) all I get is a well, there's no contract.

To be fair, they don't get a commission or a credit or anything for a sale, so they could care less if I switch to Pocket. But you figure someone could give me a straight answer. I think I am going to go with AT&T.

Mr. Peabody
07-09-2007, 12:29 PM
A good friend of mine uses Pocket Communications. He says he hasn't had any problems and his bill is only $44/month. I will probably give them a try when my contract with Sprint is up.

Soul_Patch
07-09-2007, 12:40 PM
i just get the gimicky feeling about them...i guess it stems from the name..and their commercials...and that it seem's to be heavily advertised on the hip hop stations to young people with no credit or no financial stability.

i just think thats gimicky...but...im also very biased on a lot of things...i figure ill stay with the status quo...ive been with verizon forever, probably never switch.

Melmart1
07-09-2007, 12:58 PM
i just get the gimicky feeling about them...i guess it stems from the name..and their commercials...and that it seem's to be heavily advertised on the hip hop stations to young people with no credit or no financial stability.

i just think thats gimicky...but...im also very biased on a lot of things...i figure ill stay with the status quo...ive been with verizon forever, probably never switch.
There is a huuuge market for people who are young and have no/little/bad credit. You do realize that you can't even get a landline w/o a deposit if you have bad credit? Just cus you are young or financialy unstable doesn't mean that you don't need a phone. A lot of places won't hire you w/o one. That doesn't make these services good or bad, just smart to move into a market nobody else really has covered.

Soul_Patch
07-09-2007, 01:00 PM
There is a huuuge market for people who are young and have no/little/bad credit. You do realize that you can't even get a landline w/o a deposit if you have bad credit? Just cus you are young or financialy unstable doesn't mean that you don't need a phone. A lot of places won't hire you w/o one. That doesn't make these services good or bad, just smart to move into a market nobody else really has covered.

true...very true...i just think it misses the mark with me.

Tybalt
07-09-2007, 01:21 PM
i use pocket and i love the hell out of it, its like carrying a house phone with you no limits on your minutes, long distance, or text messages, it comes in handy big time and its only like 35 bucks yo!!!

Slydragon
07-09-2007, 02:39 PM
They do make cash when they sell a phone, The ones at HEB's do. Unless it has change since last month. A co-worker of mine work for them. The phone service are a bit slow, meaning when I call my friend it rings like 3 times on my end before his phone rings for the first time. They also do not work to far out of San Antonio.

Good phone if you only stay in S.A and don't want to worry about minutes and there phone Internet is very slow.

exstatic
07-09-2007, 06:37 PM
They do make cash when they sell a phone, The ones at HEB's do. Unless it has change since last month. A co-worker of mine work for them. The phone service are a bit slow, meaning when I call my friend it rings like 3 times on my end before his phone rings for the first time. They also do not work to far out of San Antonio.

Good phone if you only stay in S.A and don't want to worry about minutes and there phone Internet is very slow.
That is a HUGE, HUGE point. There is a local calling area, and everything is based on it. If you go outside it, you're back to the days of roaming charges.

bendmz
07-09-2007, 08:57 PM
if you plan to stay within their coverage area, it's a good plan.
if you plan to travel and talk outside the area, you will pay out the wahzoo...

davi78239
07-09-2007, 09:29 PM
see, that's the big thing for me. We go out of town a lot and when I say out of town, I'm talking waay outside of SA, so this plan for me would suck ass. I have Cingular(AT&T) and it's been great. If you're gonna remain in SA and the surrounding area, it could be great for you to have Pocket or Cricket, but for the long haulers......not worth it to me.

Slydragon
07-10-2007, 03:27 AM
if you plan to stay within their coverage area, it's a good plan.
if you plan to travel and talk outside the area, you will pay out the wahzoo...

I dont thnk there is roaming, I think it just stays stuck on finding signal till you get back in there area. I could be wrong but thats what my friends did this weekend.

PM5K
07-10-2007, 10:27 AM
They have roaming, you are on someone elses network (Verizon?) and you pay 59 cents per minute...