PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Harbor MOH Winner: " I remember that day, and patriotism is all we had"

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2004, 07:21 PM
http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208~12588~2580601,00.html

"There is a greater threat today in our own country,' said Lt. John W. Finn, 95, the oldest living Medal of Honor recipient.

"It's not always the outside enemy, but sometimes the enemy from within. Today, you talk to people and many of them say, 'What is this Pearl Harbor all about?' They think patriotism is embarrassing and old fashioned. Well, I'll tell you, I remember that day, and patriotism is all we had.'

Awesome, awesome story. Of course, he's calling out liberals in part, so he's the devil[/nbadumbass]

Hook Dem
12-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Well, you know, all people want to remember today is Vietnam and Iraq. What will these same people do when their children and grandchildren only want to remember the war of their times? What was it......"those who forget history are bound to repeat it"? Wow! How true!

Guru of Nothing
12-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Well, you know, all people want to remember today is Vietnam and Iraq. What will these same people do when their children and grandchildren only want to remember the war of their times? What was it......"those who forget history are bound to repeat it"? Wow! How true!

When is history not repeated?

gophergeorge
12-08-2004, 02:35 PM
It always takes awhile.

Regards,

The Boston Red Sox