PDA

View Full Version : Question for Spurs Fans

41times
07-09-2007, 03:20 PM
How will losing your best assistant coach effect your team next season? or will it at all?

sandman
07-09-2007, 03:23 PM
How will losing your best assistant coach effect your team next season? or will it at all?

Pops Play Book: 4-Down

Tippecanoe
07-09-2007, 03:24 PM
i dont think it has any effect at all

though losing presti may

sandman
07-09-2007, 03:31 PM
I think that PJ probably had a positive influence on the offensive side of the ball, considering Pop's defensive mindset.

CosmicCowboy
07-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Pop will probably get thrown out of a few more games without PJ to hold him back.

Borosai
07-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Don't worry, I applied for the job and I'm confident it's mine. Once I'm on the inside, you can expect a lot of J!W isolation plays. Can you say repeat?

samikeyp
07-09-2007, 03:44 PM
I don't think much at all. I see Bud's role growing now.

duncan228
07-09-2007, 03:49 PM
I agree with the "not much" train of thought.

I think Pop and the Team and the Organization have been ready for him to leave. They will be prepared and fine.

FromWayDowntown
07-09-2007, 03:55 PM
I think PJ's biggest contribution to Pop's staff might have been convincing Pop that he should trust guys like Parker and Ginobili and just let that talent do its thing. At the same time, I don't think that anyone can underestimate the degree to which assistants are sounding boards for the head coach (read Seven Seconds or Less to see that in action).

I don't know that PJ had a great influence on the x's and o's (particularly on the defensive end). It seems entirely possible to me that the Spurs might be able to find an assistant who brings something else to the mix. It's not as if an Assistant's job in San Antonio is some banishment to basketball purgatory. PJ, Mike Brown, even Joe Prunty have all received promotions from other clubs, largely because of their associations with the Spurs.

I suspect they'll find a quality replacement.

I am waiting, though, to read Ghost Writer's renewed plea for the Spurs to hire a "credible black assistant" to deal with today's balla.

:smokin