PDA

View Full Version : Antoine Walker robbed and held again

spurscenter
07-10-2007, 05:21 AM
Robbery at Chicago Home of Heat Player

By The Associated Press
The Associated Press
Tuesday, July 10, 2007; 12:48 AM

CHICAGO -- Miami Heat forward Antoine Walker's home in Chicago was robbed Monday, the player's agent said.

Police and witnesses said two offenders held Walker and at least one other person at gunpoint during the robbery, Chicago broadcasters reported from the scene in the city's River North neighborhood Monday night.

Walker's agent, Mark Bartelstein, confirmed the incident took place but said he could not give specific details.

"He's OK," Bartelstein told The Associated Press. "There was a robbery. It's a scary thing. It's a terrible thing. He's trying to get himself back together. Police are there and he's getting it taken care of."

Chicago Police spokesman Hector Alfaro said officers responded to a robbery at a home in the neighborhood about 7:30 p.m. EDT, but could not confirm that the home belonged to Walker. A vehicle, cash and jewelry were reported stolen and there were no injuries, Alfaro said.

Bartelstein said Walker was with a relative at the time of the incident.

Walker was not available for comment. The Heat were aware of the incident, a team official said, but had no other comment while they attempted to gather facts.

In July 2000, Walker _ then a Boston Celtic _ was the victim of an armed robbery along with NBA center Nazr Mohammed as they sat in a vehicle waiting for a restaurant on Chicago's South Side to open. Police said at the time that three men approached and demanded cash and valuables, which included a $55,000 wristwatch.

Walker, a three-time All-Star, averaged 8.5 points with Miami this past season and was a key part of the Heat's run to the 2006 NBA championship.

The Chicago native was part of the 1996 NCAA championship team at Kentucky and an all-state player at Mount Carmel High School.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/10/AR2007071000050_pf.html

MaNuMaNiAc
07-10-2007, 08:50 AM
when you're wearing a $55,000 watch, you're asking for it

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-10-2007, 11:04 AM
The one time it'd be okay for Antoine Walker to shoot with reckless abandon and he doesn't do it?

shelshor
07-10-2007, 12:16 PM
The one time it'd be okay for Antoine Walker to shoot with reckless abandon and he doesn't do it?
Odds are he would've missed

bdubya
07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
I wish, I hope, I pray, that the robbers did a shimmy-shake on their way out the door.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I hate walker just as much as you guys, but being held to gunpoint isn't something that is fun or should be joked at.
not cool imo

Considering he robbed so many teams of their cap space (but granted, not at gunpoint), I find this hilarious.

I'm not saying it's his fault or that he asked for it, but it is funny, especially that post about the robbers doing the shimmy-shake as they left.

gaKNOW!blee
07-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Considering he robbed so many teams of their cap space (but granted, not at gunpoint), I find this hilarious.

I'm not saying it's his fault or that he asked for it, but it is funny, especially that post about the robbers doing the shimmy-shake as they left.
yeah, anytime a guy has his life threatened and property stolen by complete dumbasses, I just bust out laughing. I can barely contain myself.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gif

dickface
07-10-2007, 01:26 PM
yeah, anytime a guy has his life threatened and property stolen by complete dumbasses, I just bust out laughing. I can barely contain myself.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gif

take a joke, pansy

gaKNOW!blee
07-10-2007, 01:33 PM
take a joke, pansy
suck my dick, faggot.

hows that

E20
07-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Shimmy Shake...............................LMAO

Hope 'Toine can recover.

Testing
07-10-2007, 02:40 PM
He's 6'9...............how could be NOT fight back?

mavs>spurs2
07-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Yea everyone knows if you're 6ft 9 bullets can't hurt you...:rolleyes

kobe_bryant
07-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Shimmy Shake...............................LMAO

Hope 'Toine can recover.

stfu

dickface
07-10-2007, 04:37 PM
suck my dick, faggot.

hows that
that joke would be alot better if you weren't such a pussy

gaKNOW!blee
07-10-2007, 05:08 PM
that joke would be alot better if you weren't such a pussy
Dude, you have no fucking idea who I am, and i have no idea who you are. For all you know I could bench press 500 lbs and fight in the UFC, or I could be a fucking midget. So just shut the fuck up.

dickface
07-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Dude, you have no fucking idea who I am, and i have no idea who you are. For all you know I could bench press 500 lbs and fight in the UFC, or I could be a fucking midget. So just shut the fuck up.
i do know you have a massive vagina when it comes to jokes on the internet.

pussy.

E20
07-10-2007, 05:21 PM
stfu
:lol

gaKNOW!blee
07-10-2007, 05:24 PM
i do know you have a massive vagina when it comes to jokes on the internet.

pussy.Theres some shit that just isnt funny, like you. I hope this shit happens to you one day, you probably deserve it. But of course that would mean you will have to actually own a house, instead of living in your mothers.

dallaskd
07-10-2007, 05:35 PM
damn that would suck.

Cry Havoc
07-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Walker is fine. He just got a bunch of expensive things that he didn't need taken from him, stuff that won't even put a dent in his wallet.

Laugh at life. It's way too short to gloom over your own shortcomings, let alone those that you don't even know. Odds are Walker (who thinks he's a thug and usually has an entourage around) will be laughing about this in a couple months, too. I'm not going to feel sorry for a superstar just because he's lost a few valuables. He should try actually being dirt poor -- that's much more psychologically damaging.

excellent logic

And how is it not? How can you justify wearing a watch that retails for the same price as a Mercedes? There is NO practical purpose for wearing a watch that expensive, other than to show off. I feel no sympathy for someone who gets lifted of their insanely excessive bling. Not saying he deserved it, or that it should have happened, but get real. No one wears a $55k watch because it keeps good time.

spurscenter
07-10-2007, 05:57 PM
thats really funny repsonses.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Chicago sounds like a fun town.

duncan228
07-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Today's update. Looks like he's leaving Chicago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2932161

Concern runs deep for Walker following robbery

As Miami coach Pat Riley expressed relief over the news that Heat forward Antoine Walker was not injured during a robbery at the player's Chicago home, Walker's mother said her son is coping as best he can.

"Antoine called me after the incident was going on. He was hysterical on the phone when I first talked to him," Walker's mother, Diane, said in an interview with the Chicago Tribune Tuesday.

Riley said he has not spoken with Walker, and the player has not been interviewed. Walker and one of his relatives were held at gunpoint while multiple robbers took a car, cash and jewelry from the three-time All-Star's offseason residence Monday night.

"[It's] devastating for a parent to go through ... to know your child had been treated that way," Diane Walker told The Tribune. "We are just grateful he was not injured, that he is still here. God blesses us every day, every minute of the day."

Authorities have not provided specific details about the robbery. The Tribune, citing an unidentified source, said the assailants entered Walker's $4.1 million home in Chicago's River North neighborhood through the garage, ordered Walker into the house, and held a handgun to his head as his ankles and wrists were bound with duct tape. The intruders reportedly were wearing masks and shielding their eyes.

"He acted as if he knew Antoine and was talking to him about knowing the consequences of the robbery," the source told the newspaper. Walker was able to free himself from the tape after the robbery.

The source also told The Tribune that Walker, a Chicago native, has been packing his belongings.

"He's gone, baby," the source said.

Riley said he's spoken to Walker's agent, Mark Bartelstein, who told the coach that Walker is OK.

"It's what it is. It had to be a terrifying ordeal for him," Riley said Tuesday night. "Until I speak with him, I don't have any knowledge other than what I've heard from other people."

The vehicle taken in the robbery was found, abandoned, in Chicago on Tuesday morning. Police have not announced any arrests in the case.

According to The Tribune, Walker's neighborhood includes multimillion-dollar residences owned by the likes of actor Vince Vaughn and Juanita Jordan, the ex-wife of Michael Jordan. High-tech security equipment, as well as regular Chicago police patrols, protect the area, the newspaper said.

Three policemen, who arrived at the home to investigate in the early afternoon, declined to comment for The Tribune, as did several of Walker's associates.

In July 2000, Walker -- then a member of the Boston Celtics -- was the victim of an armed robbery along with NBA center Nazr Mohammed as they sat in a vehicle waiting for a restaurant on Chicago's South Side to open. Police said at the time that three men approached and demanded cash and valuables, which included a $55,000 wristwatch.

Walker averaged 8.5 points with Miami this past season and was a key part of the Heat's run to the NBA championship the year before.

mystargtr34
07-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Someone on the SG chat

"How did Toine' prevent the robber from getting a shot off?"
LOL

Udrihlooms
07-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Odds are he would've missed

Wtf??? :lmao

jaespur21
07-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Theres some shit that just isnt funny, like you. I hope this shit happens to you one day, you probably deserve it. But of course that would mean you will have to actually own a house, instead of living in your mothers.

Sorry guy i laughed when i read his shimmy comment it was funny. i mean its not like the guy got shot...that sort of stuff happens all the time. OMG he got robbed, poor guy. fuck that ive been robbed b4. its hurts n shit but. well anyways that shit was funny i told my brother about it and he laughed also.

Switchman
07-12-2007, 12:43 AM

Funny you say that because I am actually a 500 lb midget fighter in the UFC.

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Must have been someone from Amare's family.