PDA

View Full Version : RC impressed with CJ Watson

Spurs Brazil
07-10-2007, 09:53 AM
As he watched the Spurs' summer league team scrap against the Celtics, Buford said having a team in Las Vegas will give him a better gauge on what these guys can do. He was impressed with the play of former Bishop Gorman High School star guard C.J. Watson, who was with the Spurs last summer before being released and playing last year in Europe.

"C.J.'s gotten a lot better," Buford said of Watson, who scored 15 points against the Celtics. "Whether he'll be with us in the fall, it's too early to say. But he's played well."

The reality is it's going to be tough for anyone to crack San Antonio's roster. Everyone is back, and it's going to take some extraordinary talent to convince Popovich and Buford to alter a rotation that produced a world championship.

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/8406862.html

I can't believe

Mr. Body
07-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Yes! Sign the guy who is wrecking the Spurs' offense!

MoSpur
07-10-2007, 10:30 AM
I don't know if its just me, but R.C looks dumb. He always has a dumb look.

SsKSpurs21
07-10-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't know if its just me, but R.C looks dumb. He always has a dumb look.

he sounds like a moron as well. he struggles to find his words and complete sentences.

Darkwaters
07-10-2007, 11:07 AM
CJ Watson impressive?

I hope hes scouting for the Toros and not the Spurs if thats the case.

bdictjames
07-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Hell No Rc You Did Not Just Say That

lebomb
07-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Ummmmm............Yall ALL sound like yall are want to be GMs.....shit, it seems like RC has done an outstanding job so far.

Dont act like yall know everything.....haters.

Have a great day.

timvp
07-10-2007, 11:10 AM
When RC was interviewed during the game last night, everyone they asked him about was either "very good" or "great". Watson is from Las Vegas so when the local paper wants a quote, of course Buford is going to lie through his teeth.

If Watson is even invited to training camp, the Spurs need to overhaul their domestic scouting department.

lebomb
07-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Hell what was RC supposed to say??? Ummmm.....errrr......"CJ really sucks.....Im just throwin some nice remarks out there"

Kori Ellis
07-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Well the article says RC was impressed by him but the quote doesn't exactly say that.

"C.J.'s gotten a lot better," Buford said of Watson, who scored 15 points against the Celtics. "Whether he'll be with us in the fall, it's too early to say. But he's played well."

Either way, I don't think this kid has a shot to make an NBA team unless he gets rid of his ball hog tendencies. He's not good enough to be a ball hog.

Solid D
07-10-2007, 11:28 AM
One of the differences in CJ Watson and someone like Mike Conley, Jr. was on display on Monday. In similar trapping situations at the top of the key, CJ dribbled several times until he realized that the trap was real and then dribbled to a position so that he could bounce pass late to the wing. When Conley was trapped at the top of the key, he immediately recognized the double, jumped and overhand hooked a rifle shot to the baseline for the uncovered cutter and an easy layup.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2007, 12:34 PM
All I see is R.C. seeing he got better than he was last year.

Some of you guys are reading way too much into this. Like LJ said, this kid is from Vegas. R.C. isn't going to trash the hometown hero in the paper.

drmvp
07-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Someone refresh my memory.

Didn't Pop and Tim want Josh Howard?

Wasn't R.C. the ******** who personally overruled them both?

And to top it off, basically gave PHX Barbosa with the same decision?

Isn't R.C. the one who personally spent lots of time at UA practices? And still selected M. Williams?

Now R.C. likes C.J. Watson?

:dizzy

bigdog
07-10-2007, 12:48 PM
RC must be saying this based on his scoring. that's really the only thing thats going decent for CJ right now, but alot of that is because of being a ballhog. his assist to turnover is bad, but i do agree, he is better than last year, but he still isnt that good

Obstructed_View
07-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Wake me when a GM says "Yeah, he sucks" about ANY player.

Ocotillo
07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
It would be funny if he had actually responded "Gawd this kid is awful. He's playing like hammered dogsh*t. If you can suit up right now, I'll go cut his ass."

judaspriestess
07-11-2007, 01:40 PM
oooh a Vegas native, I thought Bishop Gorman High School sounded familiar. Since I didn't go to school here, I honestly don't know half of the high schools in Vegas.

Good Luck CJ!!

coachmac87
07-11-2007, 02:40 PM
wow i couldve fuckin sworn i made a thread about cj and everybody was doggin me...SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

mardigan
07-11-2007, 02:47 PM
wow i couldve fuckin sworn i made a thread about cj and everybody was doggin me...SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
Cause he sucks

florige
07-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I know that TimVP is really high on Watson as well. (for the waterboy position)

spurscenter
07-21-2007, 04:45 AM
CJ is gonna go to the hawks

IGNORANT MAVS FAN
07-21-2007, 04:48 AM
CJ is gonna go to the hawks
Link?

spurscenter
07-21-2007, 05:00 AM
remeber when CJ knocked out NOAH in college

AWESOME

http://www.alligator.org/pt2/images/sports/070202hoops.jpg