PDA

View Full Version : For the last time there is no place on this team for Mahinmi.

BacktoBasics
07-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Wake up people. He isn't very good. He's actually less effective than A.C. Green at a Vivid Video party.

There is no reason this guy could or would ever make the current roster or any roster for the next few years to come. He's done nothing against 2nd and 3rd rate competition for the last two years.

He's young and raw and long with little to no experience. The Spurs drafted him on the high risk possible reward program because it didn't cost them anything, otherwise your first round pick is guaranteed some money.

Its doubtful it will ever pan out. Sure he'll get looks, sure they'll work with him, mainly because he lacks knowledge and time around the game but this guy will ultimately mean nothing and do nothing for this team but at least it didn't cost them anything.

If by the grace of god this guy does anything it will be years down the road. Enough already he's not making the roster it doesn't make sense.

bigdog
07-10-2007, 12:54 PM
just what I've been thinking all along. I think at best, he's about 3 years away from being anywhere near decent in the NBA. I don't htink he'll ever come over for the spurs

Kori Ellis
07-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Where has anyone said (besides trekkie) that Mahinmi should be here this year? :wtf

SequSpur
07-10-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm willing to take a stand on this issue.

BacktoBasics
07-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Where has anyone said (besides trekkie) that Mahinmi should be here this year? :wtfTwo just off the top of my head that I remembered. There are more but I'm too lazy to look. If you need further proof I'll take some time and go back and find another two or three. Its been mentioned enough over the last two weeks to annoy me.

Trading Butler for a trade exception and a second round pick could make a lot of sense for SA :

- Trading Butler will open a roster spot for a player like Mahinmi.

and although I like Darkwaters

Then next season our team should look something like this assuming none of our FAs come back.

Parker/2nd PG?/Vaughn

Ginobili/Nocioni/Williams

Duncan/Oberto/Butler/Bonner

One can assume that if James White was carried throughout the entire 07-08 season then he'll likely be in their plans to be resigned. Bowen might be brought back, but I think he retires. I think Finley goes elsewhere. Splitter and Mahinmi are likely brought over and the roster is thusly filled out.

Parker/2nd PG/Vaughn

Ginobili/Nocioni/White/Williams/(Bowen?)/(Finley?)

Duncan/Oberto/Butler/Bonner/Splitter/Mahinmi

Could prove to be interesting.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Wake up people. He isn't very good. He's actually less effective than A.C. Green at a Vivid Video party.

:lol

Seriously though, France is the new Argentina, dude.

Kori Ellis
07-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Two just off the top of my head that I remembered. There are more but I'm too lazy to look. If you need further proof I'll take some time and go back and find another two or three. Its been mentioned enough over the last two weeks to annoy me.

and although I like Darkwaters

I think Bruno is talking about signing him and sending him to DLeague.

Darkwaters is talking about next season (as in 08-09).

Bruno
07-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Since my name is mentioned in this thread, I will answer to it.

I find it funny how people thinks that they know BB better than Spurs FO.
I find it even more funny when people speak about a player that they barely know.

BacktoBasics
07-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I think Bruno is talking about signing him and sending him to DLeague.

Darkwaters is talking about next season (as in 08-09).Noted on the Bruno thing. I guess its more the insinuation that this guy is on the radar. They'll look at him because they have his rights but I don't for one second think this guy is on the radar or potential rosters spots. Its like the retarded kid brother/ballboy getting a chance to bat.

There isn't a place for this dude in 08-09 09-10 10-11 or ever wether I know anything about him or not. I know enough to know he won't be on this team anytime soon or ever and probably never.

BacktoBasics
07-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Since my name is mentioned in this thread, I will answer to it.

I find it funny how people thinks that they know BB better than Spurs FO.
I find it even more funny when people speak about a player that they barely know.I don't think I know more I just understand what they did where others don't. Thats all I'm saying.

I don't think they drafted him with the intention of giving him a roster spot anytime soon if ever. They drafted him because he cost nothing and they might get lucky 5 years down the road in the event the 2% chance of him amounting to anything materializes. It won't and I don't think the Spurs care one way or the other. There was nothing else worth drafting at that spot and nothing else worth guaranteeing money to.

Kori Ellis
07-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Noted on the Bruno thing. I guess its more the insinuation that this guy is on the radar. They'll look at him because they have his rights but I don't for one second think this guy is on the radar or potential rosters spots. Its like the retarded kid brother/ballboy getting a chance to bat.

Where have you seen him play? You talk like someone who knows his game well.

By the way, I think the Spurs are very much considering bringing him over and sending him down to DLeague. Whether they have room for that or not, who knows. But I think they are considering it.

Bruno
07-10-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't think they drafted him with the intention of giving him a roster spot anytime soon if ever.

Do you realize that Ludden has said this year that Spurs will likely sign Mahinmi this summer ?

easjer
07-10-2007, 02:40 PM
By the way, I think the Spurs are very much considering bringing him over and sending him down to DLeague. Whether they have room for that or not, who knows. But I think they are considering it.

I've thought this for awhile - because it would allow the Spurs to hands on development and direction and regular playing time.

Will there ever be a point where teams get an exclusive 'roster' spot or two for D-League only purposes or will they always have to eat an IR?

lotr1trekkie
07-10-2007, 03:07 PM
OK, [Kori] I'm coming clean! I'm actually Ian's distant uncle and get 10% if he signs here.! Seriously, I simply see more upside with Ian here than Jackie. In fact I'd resign Ely rather than keep Butler. Everyone says Mahinmi is raw[ absolutely true] but so is Butler. Both players will require another year on the Spurs bench and one year of limited playing time before contributing on a regular basis. Mahimni could initially become a shot blocker and rebounder while his offensive game develops. Jackie is what he is--- a slow, wide body on the low blocks. Some teams may need that but we don't.

BacktoBasics
07-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I wasn't arguing that he would or wouldn't be on the d-league. He won't be on the Spurs roster and he's not very good. Wether I've seen him play or not I know it won't happen. Its no skin off their back to put him in the minors closer to home on the off chance that he magically develops a game. It doesn't make any sense to put him on the roster this year or next year for that matter. He's good enough now and probably not anytime soon or ever.