PDA

View Full Version : The Ex-Decider?

Nbadan
07-11-2007, 02:52 AM
CLEVELAND, United States (AFP) - US President George W. Bush, battling a growing congressional rebellion against his unpopular Iraq policy, rejected lawmakers' calls for withdrawing US forces from the war-torn country.

"Troop levels will be decided by our commanders on the ground, not by political figures in Washington," the president said ahead of remarks here in defense of his beleaguered strategy.

"I fully understand that this is a difficult war, and it's hard on the American people. But I will once again explain the consequences of failure to the American people, and I'll explain the consequences of success," he said.

His comments came as the White House braced for an interim progress report on Bush's escalation of US troop levels in Iraq, with aides calling it merely a "snapshot" amid early signs that it will offer few hopeful signs of success.

Yahooooo (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070710/wl_mideast_afp/usiraqpoliticsbush)

...and when those military commanders decide that decreasing troops is the most effective thing we can do for Iraq, I'll retire em' and find me some other Generals that agree with me....this war's just gettin started...

Someone needs to e-mail the 'War Czar' that he is our new Commander-in-Chief..