PDA

View Full Version : Amare is from a family of Cons

Pages : [1] 2

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 05:34 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/11757

Amare's half brother shooting suspect
Posted: Monday July 09, 2007 09:24AM ET
Amare Stoudemire's half brother was identified Saturday as one of five suspects arrested last week in connection with the shooting death of a 27-year-old man in a Scottsdale hotel. Marwan Williams, 18, was arrested Friday on suspicion of first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit armed robbery with a deadly weapon and narcotic possession or use. The NBA star's mother, Carrie, and older brother Hazell Jr. are currently incarcerated. Carrie Stoudemire is serving three years for drunken driving, and Hazell Stoudemire Jr. is imprisoned in New York for narcotics and sexual-abuse crimes.

Obstructed_View
07-11-2007, 05:53 PM
They wuz framed by David Stern.

kps0001
07-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I know he gets railed on spurstalk about his low IQ and whatnot but with his family and rough childhood it really is amazing he has been able to achieve what he has and to stay out of trouble.

spurscenter
07-11-2007, 05:59 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/11757

Amare's half brother shooting suspect
Posted: Monday July 09, 2007 09:24AM ET
Amare Stoudemire's half brother was identified Saturday as one of five suspects arrested last week in connection with the shooting death of a 27-year-old man in a Scottsdale hotel. Marwan Williams, 18, was arrested Friday on suspicion of first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit armed robbery with a deadly weapon and narcotic possession or use. The NBA star's mother, Carrie, and older brother Hazell Jr. are currently incarcerated. Carrie Stoudemire is serving three years for drunken driving, and Hazell Stoudemire Jr. is imprisoned in New York for narcotics and sexual-abuse crimes.

Amare is like Ron Artest in 5 years

JMarkJohns
07-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Low IQ? he's smart enough to be getting a real degree from a Div. 1 university. No BS degree either. He's going for a history major.

He lacks common sense, and can allow his emotions to overrule his better judgement, but he's not stupid.

And so the fuck what if he comes from a family of cons? He's not one. As ksp said, it's a credit to him as an individual that he's survived. His father died when he was 12, his mom was a whore and a druggie, he was moved from place to place...

I think it's lame that someone would lump Amare in with all the peripheral shit his family can't seem to stay out of.

Borosai
07-11-2007, 06:09 PM
It is good to see that he has stayed out of trouble considering his family's issues. However, the upside is he doesn't have a bunch of relatives knocking on his door and asking for money since they're all in jail.

CubanMustGo
07-11-2007, 06:10 PM
For once I agree with JMarkJohns. Judge Amare by what he does, not by what his half-wit half-brother does.

monosylab1k
07-11-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm going to go ahead and quote word-for-word a passage from 7 Seconds Or Less -

On another day, he (Amare) was wearing a T-shirt bearing the likeness of a 1930s Time cover on which Al Capone appeared.
"What's with you and Capone?" I (Jack McCallum) ask him.
"Don't know anything about him," Stoudemire answers, "except that he was a bad guy."
I gave him the one-minute primer on Capone, Chicago, and Prohibition.
"Damn," he said. "There was a time drinking was illegal?"

and now we all discover this gold...

Low IQ? he's smart enough to be getting a real degree from a Div. 1 university. No BS degree either. He's going for a history major.

:lol :lol :lol :lmao :lmao :lmao

monosylab1k
07-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I think it's lame that someone would lump Amare in with all the peripheral shit his family can't seem to stay out of.

The title of this thread is "Amare is from a family of Cons". Is that a false statement?

Findog
07-11-2007, 06:38 PM

You stay classy, Obstructed View.

Findog
07-11-2007, 06:40 PM
The title of this thread is "Amare is from a family of Cons". Is that a false statement?

Not a false statement, and people are free to crack jokes. I'm guessing the latter is what JMarkJohns is objecting to, it's a sad situation all the way around. Amare didn't get a DUI or kill anybody.

monosylab1k
07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Not a false statement, and people are free to crack jokes. I'm guessing the latter is what JMarkJohns is objecting to, it's a sad situation all the way around. Amare didn't get a DUI or kill anybody.

For anybody to call Amare a con is dumb, yeah, but I don't think anybody will really believe that he is one just cuz the rest of his family is fucked up.

I just love JMarks flimsy attempt to shoot down the fact that Amare has a low IQ by saying he's trying to get some bullshit history degree at a major university like that's going to be some monumental task for a millionaire athlete to accomplish. Tell him to major in quantum physics and maybe i'll be impressed. The guy has shown time and time again that he's fucking stupid, just live with it and move on.

I can't wait to hear JMark's next rousing argument that Dirk is black.

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 06:47 PM

Read the title fool, I didn't lump him with his family. I didn't call HIM a con, but I have called him an idiot before for clearing the bench.

JMarkJohns
07-11-2007, 06:49 PM
If the thread creator was simply being literal, then I apologize. Whether his intent or not, the phrasing of the thread opens it up to classless jokes being made about Amare, a 24 year old who's risen above a dozen years of hell, losing his father, his older brother, his mother and now his younger brother to either early death, drugs, jail or a combination of the three. Not many can survive, let alone make a great life for himself. Talent alone isn't enough. It's a mentality and will that should be praised.

Look no further than all the morons in the NFL. They have all the ability in the world, and have had plenty of opportunities to succeed, yet none of them can stay out of trouble.

Amare's never been in trouble. The only "questions" about his character are built around a $100,000 dollar loan given to him and his mom after high school, which he repayed. It was never even clear if it was his dept, or if it was his mother's, who had a history of taking money based upon her son's future and potential earnings.

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=monosylab1k]

The guy has shown time and time again that he's fucking stupid, just live with it and move on.

QUOTE]

Amare can't help it, Im guessing they didn't stress education in his family. Good for him for cashing in on the NBA

monosylab1k
07-11-2007, 06:50 PM
I hope he managed to get a decent middle school level grasp of American history before moving on to his college level shit.

Hell, all he had to do was was The Untouchables to get even a minute knowlege about who Al Capone was.

Findog
07-11-2007, 06:53 PM
For anybody to call Amare a con is dumb, yeah, but I don't think anybody will really believe that he is one just cuz the rest of his family is fucked up.

I just love JMarks flimsy attempt to shoot down the fact that Amare has a low IQ by saying he's trying to get some bullshit history degree at a major university like that's going to be some monumental task for a millionaire athlete to accomplish. Tell him to major in quantum physics and maybe i'll be impressed. The guy has shown time and time again that he's fucking stupid, just live with it and move on.

Well, there's different kinds of intelligence. I know there are certain fields and things that I have no aptitude for whatsoever, but at the same time, I'm not an unintelligent person. I'm not saying that to brag, I'm plenty humble, just stating something that is true. There are autistics that are mathematical geniuses and don't have the slightest fucking clue when it comes to social interaction.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 06:55 PM

here's the link bitch. star wars :toast

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/08/how-i-spent-my-summer-vacation-by-amare-stoudemire/

JMarkJohns
07-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Read the title fool, I didn't lump him with his family. I didn't call HIM a con, but I have called him an idiot before for clearing the bench.

Have you taken a look around the forums lately? Anything Suns related is quickly bashed, mocked, belittled, and those who do anything about it are thrown in just for shits and giggles.

Like I said, whether your intent or not, there's already a post comparing Amare to Artest.

There will probably be plenty more of the "big, dumb thug" comments forthcoming despite my offerings to the opposite.

You can hate on Amare because he's a Sun, which most do. You can hate on Amare because he's never shown a good ability to control his emotions, sometimes doing dumb things because of it, which most exaggerate to be idiocy and whatnot, and you can bash me for getting defensive about a player who's routinely ganged up upon in this forum.

I meant no ill will towards you, and it's ironic that I'm criticizing the phrasing of something while allowing myself to phrase something poorly in response.

Amare has had a history where many a athlete uses as an excuse, or a crutch. Amare's never done it. With crap like this that his brother has gotten into, any article drawing a line from Amare to these idiots, should also include such.

JMarkJohns
07-11-2007, 07:06 PM
The kid was moved from high school to high school, I believe a total of six in four years. Chances are you aren't going to get a first-class prep education doing such.

Also, that statement was made two years ago. And even then, he had enough sense about him to admit that he didn't know anything about Capone. Instead of looking more like an idiot by pretending to know something he didn't, he admitted it up front, and then took the info and learned from it.

He's been in classes for a year. If it's his first exposure to real education, then, again, give him credit for sticking with it. He isn't running from it. He's learning and speaking highly of his future as a college grad.

He wants to learn. Make up for what he never got. You can mock it, which you will, you can mock him, which you have, but the guy is worth over 100 million and he's taking time out of his schedule to go to school, even taking summer courses, if I recall right.

So, mono, continue to hate the kid based on his current situation based upon an upbrining from hell he couldn't control or change.

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 07:10 PM
The kid was moved from high school to high school, I believe a total of six in four years. Chances are you aren't going to get a first-class prep education doing such.

Also, that was two years ago. He had enough sense about him to admit that he didn't know anything about Capone.

He's been in classes for a year. If it's his first exposure to real education, then, again, give him credit for sticking with it. He isn't running from it. He's learning and speaking highly of his future as a college grad.

He wants to learn. Make up for what he never got. You can mock it, which you will, you can mock him, which you have, but the guy is worth over 100 million and he's taking time out of his schedule to go to school, even taking summer courses, if I recall right.

So, mono, continue to hate the kid based on his current situation based upon an upbrining from hell he couldn't control or change.

Thats why I posted this thread. I didn't know his family history and thought it would be interesting for people to read what kind of family the kid had around him growing up.

JMarkJohns
07-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Thats why I posted this thread. I didn't know his family history and thought it would be interesting for people to read what kind of family the kid had around him growing up.

Then I apologize for the poor phrasing where it appeared I was lumping you in with my phrase of "I think it's lame that someone would lump Amare in with all the peripheral shit his family can't seem to stay out of."

I said someone, and I meant anyone who would, or will... Had I been calling you out, I'd have quoted you or would have used your name in the post.

Sorry for the confusion.

duncan228
07-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I give the guy credit for rising out of a bad situation. It takes strength to do that.

He doesn't carry himself well, he doesn't speak well, but maybe with some more time and education he'll grow up some more. If he's really trying I gotta hand it to him.

Even if I don't like the way he handles himself.

LavaLamp
07-11-2007, 07:14 PM
I hope he managed to get a decent middle school level grasp of American history before moving on to his college level shit.

Hell, all he had to do was was The Untouchables to get even a minute knowlege about who Al Capone was.

Mono, are you smarter than a fifth grader?

This question is not meant to insult. If you've ever watched the show, you'll find questions which you don't know the answer to. It doesn't mean you are stupid, dumb, or that you have an intelligence below fifth grade level. It just means that you do not know the answer to that particular question. IQ and knowledge are two different things.

As for Amare, i've never met him or spoken to him but i suspect he is not dumb. He just doesn't yet know certain things that we expect him to. His background is different from most of our backgrounds. So, he does not know about the prohibition. He'll learn about it when he needs to. How many of us know about surviving in a rough neigborhood? What are the common sense do's and don'ts in a neigborhood like the one Amare grew up in?

It really is unfair to call anyone at all dumb or stupid. It's probably not true. and if you do happen to call a mentally-retarded person stupid, then you have done something not so classy.

JMarkJohns
07-11-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't know where these "Amare doesn't speak well" stuff is coming from. He speaks pretty smoothly, and while he won't be showing off any extensive vocabulary, he's never sounded foolish in style to me. Sometimes in content, but you can have the best speaker in the world sound foolish with poor content.

Shawn Marion is the Suns player that can't talk worth a lick.

LavaLamp
07-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Sorry for the confusion.

JMarkJohns, your posts are always well-thought out and respectful. No need to apologize.

LavaLamp
07-11-2007, 07:20 PM
I give the guy credit for rising out of a bad situation. It takes strength to do that.

He doesn't carry himself well, he doesn't speak well, but maybe with some more time and education he'll grow up some more. If he's really trying I gotta hand it to him.

Even if I don't like the way he handles himself.

I agree with you duncan228. There are times when I don't like the way Amare has handled things/events.

monosylab1k
07-11-2007, 07:21 PM
here's the link bitch. star wars :toast

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/08/how-i-spent-my-summer-vacation-by-amare-stoudemire/

and now you show yet again that your He-Man lovin ass is just as stupid as Amare.

I never disputed that he WAS going to college, ever. Stupid asshole.

It's great that he can accomplish being a history major at Arizona State. I'm sure that's FUCKING HARD. Maybe Jake Plummer can offer some tutoring.

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Alot of us Spurs fans refer to Amare as dumb and stupid for clearing the bench and berating our team. Thats all, its just sports smack. Every teams fans do the same thing.

monosylab1k
07-11-2007, 07:26 PM

Also, that statement was made two years ago. And even then, he had enough sense about him to admit that he didn't know anything about Capone. Instead of looking more like an idiot by pretending to know something he didn't, he admitted it up front, and then took the info and learned from it.

Poor guy. His upbringing was tough. I'm sure all the WWII vets still alive would love for you to regale them with tales about how hard a life Amare Stoudemire's lived.

This is about the extent of my sympathy for him -

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/nickford_2006/violin.gif

And excuse me for being cynical, but I'm sure that professors at ARIZONA STATE are going to be really tough on a member of the PHOENIX SUNS.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Poor guy. His upbringing was tough. I'm sure all the WWII vets still alive would love for you to regale them with tales about how hard a life Amare Stoudemire's lived.

And excuse me for being cynical, but I'm sure that professors at ARIZONA STATE are going to be really tough on a member of the PHOENIX SUNS.

star wars
:toast

monosylab1k
07-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Mono, are you smarter than a fifth grader?

This question is not meant to insult. If you've ever watched the show, you'll find questions which you don't know the answer to. It doesn't mean you are stupid, dumb, or that you have an intelligence below fifth grade level. It just means that you do not know the answer to that particular question. IQ and knowledge are two different things.

As for Amare, i've never met him or spoken to him but i suspect he is not dumb. He just doesn't yet know certain things that we expect him to. His background is different from most of our backgrounds. So, he does not know about the prohibition. He'll learn about it when he needs to. How many of us know about surviving in a rough neigborhood? What are the common sense do's and don'ts in a neigborhood like the one Amare grew up in?

It really is unfair to call anyone at all dumb or stupid. It's probably not true. and if you do happen to call a mentally-retarded person stupid, then you have done something not so classy.

Yeah I've seen that show. Not to be arrogant, but I knew at least 90% of everything on those shows, and I'd probably laugh if someone who knows how to post at an internet message board didn't know as much as I did, if not more.

P.S. - It's good television for people to be stupid and not know the answers to easy ass questions. It's called ratings. Not all "reality" TV is absolute truth.

monosylab1k
07-11-2007, 07:31 PM
star wars
:toast
He-Man

monosylab1k
07-11-2007, 07:32 PM
IQ and knowledge are two different things.

Very true. Amare has shown me to have very little of either. I'll just say "hip check" and leave it at that...

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah I've seen that show. Not to be arrogant, but I knew at least 90% of everything on those shows, and I'd probably laugh if someone who knows how to post at an internet message board didn't know as much as I did, if not more.

P.S. - It's good television for people to be stupid and not know the answers to easy ass questions. It's called ratings. Not all "reality" TV is absolute truth.

your mom had high ratings. star wars :toast

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-11-2007, 07:40 PM
but I don't think anybody will really believe that he is one just cuz the rest of his family is fucked up.

You've been at SpursTalk long enough to know that's not the truth.

mavs>spurs2
07-11-2007, 07:41 PM
your mom had high ratings. star wars :toast

Dude your lame star wars comeback is about as worn out as your mom's pussy. Get some new material or get the fuck out.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Dude your lame star wars comeback is about as worn out as your mom's pussy. Get some new material or get the fuck out.

you bitches are fucking lame for even bringing up shit about amare's family. you mavs fucks wish you had a superstar like STAT, instead you got a creampuff, heartless piece of shit

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/Ownedsmall.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-11-2007, 07:48 PM

:owned

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-11-2007, 07:49 PM
you bitches are fucking lame for even bringing up shit about amare's family. you mavs fucks wish you had a superstar like STAT, instead you got a creampuff, heartless piece of shit

When did the thread starter become a Mavs fan?

mavs>spurs2
07-11-2007, 07:49 PM

:lmao That all you got? Well at least it didn't involve star wars, thats at least an improvement. :toast

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 07:50 PM
:lmao That all you got? Well at least it didn't involve star wars, thats at least an improvement. :toast

figures you'd duck that one http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/Ownedsmall.jpg

mavs>spurs2
07-11-2007, 07:51 PM
figures you'd duck that one http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/Ownedsmall.jpg

What did I duck? The fact that you called Dirk heartless? At least he had the heart to lead his team to a finals appearance, which is more than can be said for Nash/Stoudamire.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-11-2007, 07:51 PM
When did the thread starter become a Mavs fan?

monosylab1k
07-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Haha will this become another "Sun fan starts attempting really lame smack talk and then gets his ass handed to him for 15 pages" thread?

monosylab1k
Haha will this become another "Sun fan starts attempting really lame smack talk and then gets his ass handed to him for 15 pages" thread?
and here, i'll reply to this for him...

star wars :toast

mavs>spurs2
It's looking that way.

monosylab1k
07-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Although on the same token, I'm guessing that this is the exact same type of thing that happened last year between Mavs and Spurs fans, i.e. "Mav fan attempts really lame smack talk and gets his ass handed to him for 15 pages".

mavs>spurs2
07-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Although on the same token, I'm guessing that this is the exact same type of thing that happened last year between Mavs and Spurs fans, i.e. "Mav fan attempts really lame smack talk and gets his ass handed to him for 15 pages".

Yea but at least last year mav fans had something to brag about to spur fans. Sun fans are just bitter losers with no reason to be talking shit.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 08:03 PM

anything to dodge the fact that you root for a squad of heartless bitches dicaprio :toast

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't know when I became a mavs fan???

mavs>spurs2
07-11-2007, 08:04 PM
anything to dodge the fact that you root for a squad of heartless bitches dicaprio :toast

Dicaprio!!!! :clap Way to step up your game from Star Wars.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 08:16 PM
What did I duck? The fact that you called Dirk heartless? At least he had the heart to lead his team to a finals appearance, which is more than can be said for Nash/Stoudamire.

i'll give him credit for leading them there and then disappear after game 2 never to return againhttp://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/C2862.gif

mavs>spurs2
07-11-2007, 08:20 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/C2862.gif

What point does an alley oop prove? We all know that they Suns are fun to watch, but real basketball fans don't care because we know that style of play will never win a championship. Is posting meaningless pictures really the best way you know to talk smack?

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 08:23 PM
What point does an alley oop prove? We all know that they Suns are fun to watch, but real basketball fans don't care because we know that style of play will never win a championship. Is posting meaningless pictures really the best way you know to talk smack?

it was the exclamtion point at the end of my sentence

mavs>spurs2
07-11-2007, 08:24 PM
it was the exclamtion point at the end of my sentence

The sentence where you admit Dirk lead his team to a place where Nash can not?

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 08:28 PM
The sentence where you admit Dirk lead his team to a place where Nash can not?

keep going, the next part is my favorite

mavs>spurs2
07-11-2007, 08:30 PM
keep going, the next part is my favorite

English please?

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 08:31 PM
English please?

game, set, match bitch

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 08:36 PM
I call the game in favor of "mavs>spurs" He brought better stuff to the table between you two.

Findog
07-11-2007, 08:41 PM

What have the Sons ever accomplished that's so great? You guys have done about as much as the Toronto Raptors, last time I checked.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
What have the Sons ever accomplished that's so great? You guys have done about as much as the Toronto Raptors, last time I checked.

i've seen as many suns finals appearances in my lifetime as i've seen mavs

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 08:49 PM
I call the game in favor of "mavs>spurs" He brought better stuff to the table between you two.

your the piece of shit who started this thread so fuck you

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 09:00 PM
your the piece of shit who started this thread so fuck you

Fuck me huh? Thats original. If you didn't like the thread, you don't have to read it. You don't like my ruling, to fucking bad for you.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Fuck me huh? Thats original. If you didn't like the thread, you don't have to read it. You don't like my ruling, to fucking bad for you.

yeah that's right, fuck you and the thread.

Findog
07-11-2007, 09:16 PM
i've seen as many suns finals appearances in my lifetime as i've seen mavs

Dirk is 29, Josh is 26, Devin is 25, Diop is 23, Jet is 30. The final chapter on my team hasn't been written. I don't think Barkley, KJ and Majerle are going back to the Finals anytime soon. Neither is Nash, Amare and Marion, not when you can't deal with Tim Duncan and you're selling off first-round picks because you can't take on any payroll or improve your team. My team has beaten the league's reigning champ, has a better cap situation and at least has hope, yours doesn't.

I hope those MVP trophies and leading the league in points per game during the regular season is satisfying, because that's all you're going to get out of your current crew.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Dirk is 29, Josh is 26, Devin is 25, Diop is 23, Jet is 30. The final chapter on my team hasn't been written. I don't think Barkley, KJ and Majerle are going back to the Finals anytime soon. Neither is Nash, Amare and Marion, not when you can't deal with Tim Duncan and you're selling off first-round picks because you can't take on any payroll or improve your team. My team has beaten the league's reigning champ, has a better cap situation and at least has hope, yours doesn't.

I hope those MVP trophies and leading the league in points per game during the regular season is satisfying, because that's all you're going to get out of your current crew.

you can think the Suns are not contenders, but nationaly you would find yourself in the minority

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 09:22 PM
yeah that's right, fuck you and the thread.

And you wonder why we all think suns fans are ignorant stupid jealous fucks :lol

Switchman
07-11-2007, 09:22 PM

hahahaha.

Where da gold at :wtf :fro

Props to Amare for rising above that stuff.

Findog
07-11-2007, 09:24 PM
you can think the Suns are not contenders, but nationaly you would find yourself in the minority

You can think the Sons play defense and have an answer for Tim Duncan, but you'd be in the minority.

Nashfan
07-11-2007, 09:25 PM

He lacks common sense, and can allow his emotions to overrule his better judgement, but he's not stupid.

And so the fuck what if he comes from a family of cons? He's not one. As ksp said, it's a credit to him as an individual that he's survived. His father died when he was 12, his mom was a whore and a druggie, he was moved from place to place...

:clap

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 09:27 PM
You can think the Sons play defense and have an answer for Tim Duncan, but you'd be in the minority.

When was the last time Nash's suns have beaten Duncan's Spurs, or Dirk's Mavs...................Oh wait, they haven't.

Findog
07-11-2007, 09:31 PM
When was the last time Nash's suns have beaten Duncan's Spurs, or Dirk's Mavs...................Oh wait, they haven't.

Actually they beat us in 2005, to be fair and honest. But bring 'em on, since that series, we've played Nash and Amare to a draw.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 09:31 PM

truth be said you guys treat the Suns like thier a second tier team, when in reality we are right there with ANYBODY for a title next year

Findog
07-11-2007, 09:33 PM
truth be said you guys treat the Suns like thier a second tier team, when in reality we are right there with ANYBODY for a title next year

Truth is, you don't have bragging rights when it comes to the Mavs or Spurs, yet you come to a Spurs board to talk shit. WTF?

To be honest, nobody here takes the Suns lightly, but you're here picking fights and initiating smacktalk, when over the last three years, it goes like this:

Spurs > Mavs > Suns.

Nothing before 2004 is relevant, when Shaq and Kobe were together and Nash was in Dallas.

Show some respect and you'll get some in return.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Actually they beat us in 2005, to be fair and honest. But bring 'em on, since that series, we've played Nash and Amare to a draw.

and thank you, mavs vs suns is great basketball, i love to root against you guys as much as the spurs...

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Truth is, you don't have bragging rights when it comes to the Mavs or Spurs, yet you come to a Spurs board to talk shit. WTF?

To be honest, nobody here takes the Suns lightly, but you're here picking fights and initiating smacktalk, when over the last three years, it goes like this:

Spurs > Mavs > Suns.

Nothing before 2004 is relevant, when Shaq and Kobe were together and Nash was in Dallas.

Show some respect and you'll get some in return.

i'll fight to the bitter death for my squad, past has nothing to do with present. it goes more like this homie

spurs> mavs=suns

cause going to the finals and getting bounced directlly after by an 8 seed has to cancel out anything you got on phoenix 2006 and all

Nashfan
07-11-2007, 09:41 PM

Why do you have to hate on a kid who is trying to better himself? He doesn't have to go to college but he wants to. Try not hating on players who try to improve themselves. :rolleyes

Johnny RIngo
07-11-2007, 09:41 PM

The S0ns are not contenders. They fall into the second tier of the Western Conference along with the Jazz, Rockets, and Nuggets.

National media? LOL you S0ns fans must be desperate. This is the same media that gave Nash 2 undeserved MVPs. The same media that ranked Nash higher all-time than Gary Payton(are you fucking kidding me...prime GP would rape Steve Nash). The same media that lumps heaps of praise upon Nash yet conveniantly ignore his defensive shortcomings. The real NBA fans know that the only way the S0ns would ever have a shot at making the Finals is for another team like the Mavs to eliminate the Spurs. Even then I'm doubtful of the S0ns chances as the Jazz torched 'em in the reg season and the Mavs spilt their series with 'em.

Johnny RIngo
07-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Oh yeah. LOL at the topic. I knew Amare's stupidity had to be rooted in his childhood. Him coming from a family of thugs and cons doesn't surprise me.

Findog
07-11-2007, 09:53 PM
i'll fight to the bitter death for my squad, past has nothing to do with present. it goes more like this homie

spurs> mavs=suns

cause going to the finals and getting bounced directlly after by an 8 seed has to cancel out anything you got on phoenix 2006 and all

What I meant is, our three-year body of work is more impressive than yours. And the Spurs' three-year body of work trumps both Phoenix and Dallas.

Over the past three years, the Spurs have two titles and have bounced you guys twice. Dallas has a Finals appearance and has both team's scalps on the wall. You guys beat us once and made it to the conference finals twice. And it's not like we're completely hopeless against the Suns with Amare. We don't have an answer for the Nash and Amare pic n roll, but we didn't have an answer for Duncan either and managed to get past San Antonio.

You just don't match up well against San Antonio. I'm not convinced this incarnation of the Suns can ever beat Duncan's Spurs. You have to hope they get knocked out by somebody else. Since Shaq/Kobe are no longer around and Stockton/Malone aren't either, that leaves Dirk's Mavs. By the same token, I prefer not to run into the Suns in the playoffs with a healthy Amare. We just don't defend him on the pic n roll well at all. We're certainly capable of beating you guys in a playoff series, but I'd rather take my chances with San Antonio, twisted as that sounds. Which is why we blew it bigtime. Suns-Spurs on one side of the bracket and homecourt against the winner, which was certain to be against the team we match up better, and we blew it. There were valid X's and O's reasons for us losing to Golden State, but it bothers me that they quit in Game Six. A trade isn't going to fix that. The only silver lining is that we're a young team and capable of learning from it.

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 09:54 PM

Just to clarify, I meant in a playoff series

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 09:56 PM

Truth hurts, but you are a second tier team. The mavs are the ONLY team that has proved they can play with the Spurs. I hope to see a Spurs vs. Mavs Western Conference finals next year.

Findog
07-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Just to clarify, I meant in a playoff series

They did that actually in 2005. You mean Suns over Mavs, right?

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 10:03 PM
They did that actually in 2005. You mean Suns over Mavs, right?

yeah

Nashfan
07-11-2007, 10:12 PM

Findog,

From you this is really a low blow. You know the Suns have done a lot more than the Toronto Raptors ever have. Also, what is this copying that "Johnny Ringo" way of spelling the Phoenix Suns name? I had you pegged for a more classy guy than this.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 10:14 PM
What I meant is, our three-year body of work is more impressive than yours. And the Spurs' three-year body of work trumps both Phoenix and Dallas.

Over the past three years, the Spurs have two titles and have bounced you guys twice. Dallas has a Finals appearance and has both team's scalps on the wall. You guys beat us once and made it to the conference finals twice. And it's not like we're completely hopeless against the Suns with Amare. We don't have an answer for the Nash and Amare pic n roll, but we didn't have an answer for Duncan either and managed to get past San Antonio.

You just don't match up well against San Antonio. I'm not convinced this incarnation of the Suns can ever beat Duncan's Spurs. You have to hope they get knocked out by somebody else. Since Shaq/Kobe are no longer around and Stockton/Malone aren't either, that leaves Dirk's Mavs. By the same token, I prefer not to run into the Suns in the playoffs with a healthy Amare. We just don't defend him on the pic n roll well at all. We're certainly capable of beating you guys in a playoff series, but I'd rather take my chances with San Antonio, twisted as that sounds. Which is why we blew it bigtime. Suns-Spurs on one side of the bracket and homecourt against the winner, which was certain to be against the team we match up better, and we blew it. There were valid X's and O's reasons for us losing to Golden State, but it bothers me that they quit in Game Six. A trade isn't going to fix that. The only silver lining is that we're a young team and capable of learning from it.

when you have one of the best road records in the last three years, homecourt advantage becomes meaningless. playing on the road seems like it makes you hungirer, it's good for the blood, and the great teams thrive on that. i like my chances against both. you have our "scalps on the wall" without amare playing. with him healthy we are exactly what you said a match-up problem. a fair chance of seeing both the spurs and the suns play a complete wcsf last year was robbed from us, a break that didn't go our way. i don't buy the mavs last 3 years trumps the suns, not one bit.

Nashfan
07-11-2007, 10:16 PM
The S0ns are not contenders. They fall into the second tier of the Western Conference along with the Jazz, Rockets, and Nuggets.

National media? LOL you S0ns fans must be desperate. This is the same media that gave Nash 2 undeserved MVPs. The same media that ranked Nash higher all-time than Gary Payton(are you fucking kidding me...prime GP would rape Steve Nash). The same media that lumps heaps of praise upon Nash yet conveniantly ignore his defensive shortcomings. The real NBA fans know that the only way the S0ns would ever have a shot at making the Finals is for another team like the Mavs to eliminate the Spurs. Even then I'm doubtful of the S0ns chances as the Jazz torched 'em in the reg season and the Mavs spilt their series with 'em.

You are seriously mistaken if you think the Phoenix Suns are a second tier team. Of all the teams the Spurs played this year in the playoffs we gave them the most trouble.

Concerning Gary Payton, he may have been a great defender in his prime but he was no where near the player that Nash has turned into.

I know you think you are cute with the way you spell the Phoenix Suns name but it is wearing thin. How old are you anyway, twelve??

Findog
07-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Findog,

From you this is really a low blow. You know the Suns have done a lot more than the Toronto Raptors ever have. Also, what is this copying that "Johnny Ringo" way of spelling the Phoenix Suns name? I had you pegged for a more classy guy than this.

Yeah, I apologize for that. yourcheatinheart just trolls relentlessly, calls my team a bunch of heartless chokers. I've been hearing it for two months from him and countless others. I have a bad habit of getting suckered into these kinds of exchanges in my zeal to stick up for my team.

Truth be told, I have much respect for the Suns and don't want any part of them in a playoff series. Anyways, good luck to your team next year.

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 10:19 PM
i don't buy the mavs last 3 years trumps the suns, not one bit.

They've beat the Spurs last year AND made it to the Finals. The suns have yet to do either, so yeah their accomplishments trump yours. Come'on now...

Findog
07-11-2007, 10:20 PM
when you have one of the best road records in the last three years, homecourt advantage becomes meaningless. playing on the road seems like it makes you hungirer, it's good for the blood, and the great teams thrive on that. i like my chances against both. you have our "scalps on the wall" without amare playing. with him healthy we are exactly what you said a match-up problem. a fair chance of seeing both the spurs and the suns play a complete wcsf last year was robbed from us, a break that didn't go our way. i don't buy the mavs last 3 years trumps the suns, not one bit.

Mavs are a great road team as well. And I honestly don't believe the suspensions cost your team the series, anymore than Game Five against the Heat cost us the Finals. The Spurs won three games just fine against Phoenix with Amare in there versus your two wins. It's not automatic that the Suns win Game Five with him playing. The Spurs are a bad matchup for you guys, just as you guys are for us.

But we've done something you haven't: beaten a heavyweight and made it to the Finals.

Nashfan
Yeah, I apologize for that. yourcheatinheart just trolls relentlessly, calls my team a bunch of heartless chokers. I've been hearing it for two months from him and countless others. I have a bad habit of getting suckered into these kinds of exchanges in my zeal to stick up for my team.

Truth be told, I have much respect for the Suns and don't want any part of them in a playoff series. Anyways, good luck to your team next year.

Thanks. I'm not sure who this "yourcheatinheart" guy is, but I understand your frustration with him. I feel the same way about him and a few other guys on this board. I just want to talk basketball, not slam everyone personally. Good luck to your team also.

johngateswhiteley
who cares.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 10:22 PM

i'm just relentless when it comes to defending my team homie. i get alot of shit for my suns and i go down swinging everytime. honestly, i have no one to thank but the mavs. these last 3 years with Nash have been some of the greatest basketball watching i have ever seen.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 10:24 PM
They've beat the Spurs last year AND made it to the Finals. The suns have yet to do either, so yeah their accomplishments trump yours. Come'on now...

getting bounced in the first round is a step backward in my book, especialy after 67 wins.

O-Factor
07-11-2007, 10:26 PM
getting bounced in the first round is a step backward in my book, especialy after 67 wins.

Nellie

yourcheatinheart
Mavs are a great road team as well. And I honestly don't believe the suspensions cost your team the series, anymore than Game Five against the Heat cost us the Finals. The Spurs won three games just fine against Phoenix with Amare in there versus your two wins. It's not automatic that the Suns win Game Five with him playing. The Spurs are a bad matchup for you guys, just as you guys are for us.

But we've done something you haven't: beaten a heavyweight and made it to the Finals.

you also got beat by a featherweight.

yourcheatinheart
Nellie

or not. getting outcoached is no excuse.

Findog
07-11-2007, 10:27 PM

Of course it does, but barring injuries, they'll win 55+ games, lock up a top-four seed and be right back in the mix next year come playoff time. It doesn't necessarily follow that they can't recover from it.

Findog
07-11-2007, 10:29 PM
you also got beat by a featherweight.

Baron Davis and Jason Richardson missed a combined 49 games due to injuries. The trade brought them Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington in exchange for Dunmurphy. How many games do the Suns win with Nash and Bell missing 50 games?

Warriors went 16-3 down the stretch with that team together and healthy. They beat your team, they beat the crap out of the Pistons in Detroit, they beat us, they beat Utah twice. They were a middleweight.

Biggest upset in NBA history based on disparity in W-L records? Yes.

Biggest upset in NBA history based on disparity in talent? Not even close.

Findog
07-11-2007, 10:30 PM
i'm just relentless when it comes to defending my team homie. i get alot of shit for my suns and i go down swinging everytime. honestly, i have no one to thank but the mavs. these last 3 years with Nash have been some of the greatest basketball watching i have ever seen.

Tony Parker > Steve Nash. That's why we let him go.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Of course it does, but barring injuries, they'll win 55+ games, lock up a top-four seed and be right back in the mix next year come playoff time. It doesn't necessarily follow that they can't recover from it.

and will recover from the whole horry fiasco. while it's true we haven't got past the spurs and got to the finals, the suns have never been sent home by an 8 seed. almost, but not quite.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 10:31 PM

in your fucking dreams thats true.

Findog
07-11-2007, 10:32 PM
and will recover from the whole horry fiasco. while it's true we haven't got past the spurs and got to the finals, the suns have never been sent home by an 8 seed. almost, but not quite.

Considering the Warriors were better than a typical 8-seed, I'm not sweating it.

Findog
07-11-2007, 10:34 PM
in your fucking dreams thats true.

Steve Nash doesn't play defense. Parker is a mediocre defender. Look, every year, Nash broke down in the playoffs and got outplayed by Tony Parker or Mike Bibby. The Mavs braintrust decided they weren't going to break the bank to resign a guy who couldn't outplay the starting PG on our biggest threat to reaching the Finals.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Considering the Warriors were better than a typical 8-seed, I'm not sweating it.

optimism is a wonderful thing.

Findog
07-11-2007, 10:38 PM
optimism is a wonderful thing.

It's just the truth. Minor upset on a team we don't match up well against. That 42-40 record is not indicative of how good they were after the trade. You know it's true. What do you expect to happen when you have these guys guarding each other:

Jason Richardson: 6'6, 225 lbs
Baron Davis: 6'3, 215 lbs

JET: 6'2, 180 lbs
Devin: 6'3, 185 lbs

Warriors had the better backcourt. With Dampier out with a torn rotator cuff, there was nobody back to the protect the rim after Jet and Harris couldn't keep their guys in front of them. That's what we got for playing an undersized backcourt against a team that had the personnel to take advantage of it.

Anyways, it's bedtime and I have to be up early for work.

Nashfan
07-11-2007, 10:39 PM

I have to disagree with you on this one. The only reason Parker has done well is because he has Duncan to cover for him. Duncan is both great on offense and defense, which helps cover up for Parker on guarding his own man. He is not a great point guard in the classical sense , for example he doesn't get many assists. Yes he has greatly improved his shooting but he benefits from having Duncan to cover for him when his man goes by him. It would be nice to have a defensive force like Duncan to help Nash. If only Amare could learn to play defense like Duncan ( I can dream can't I?) :lol

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Steve Nash doesn't play defense. Parker is a mediocre defender. Look, every year, Nash broke down in the playoffs and got outplayed by Tony Parker or Mike Bibby. The Mavs braintrust decided they weren't going to break the bank to resign a guy who couldn't outplay the starting PG on our biggest threat to reaching the Finals.

the only reason he gets run down is our coach runs him into the ground like the blues brothers did the bluesmoblie. only Bell takes more charges on the defensive end than Nash, and head to head Steve is as much as match-up problem than anyone in the league. the mavs braintrust decided they wanted to keep Dirk for fear of Nash's health. they let a guy with a heart bigger than texas go for a sure thing. it's got you just as far without him than with him. you can contribute amare's health to the aiding your trip to the promise land in '06.

yourcheatinheart
07-11-2007, 10:46 PM
It's just the truth. Minor upset on a team we don't match up well against. That 42-40 record is not indicative of how good they were after the trade. You know it's true. What do you expect to happen when you have these guys guarding each other:

Warriors had the better backcourt. With Dampier out with a torn rotator cuff, there was nobody back to the protect the rim after Jet and Harris couldn't keep their guys in front of them. That's what we got for playing an undersized backcourt against a team that had the personnel to take advantage of it.

while that warriors team was sick i'll give you that, the mavs had playoff experience and should've had a hunger bigger than any team to correct what they didn't finish the season before. suns=mavs

Xylus
07-11-2007, 11:33 PM
I feel dumber for entering this thread.

ducks
07-11-2007, 11:33 PM
parker is better then medicore he shut down the 6 man of the year. as a sun fan I would think you would say parkers d is good

kskonn
07-12-2007, 12:03 AM
I have to disagree with you on this one. The only reason Parker has done well is because he has Duncan to cover for him. Duncan is both great on offense and defense, which helps cover up for Parker on guarding his own man. He is not a great point guard in the classical sense , for example he doesn't get many assists. Yes he has greatly improved his shooting but he benefits from having Duncan to cover for him when his man goes by him. It would be nice to have a defensive force like Duncan to help Nash. If only Amare could learn to play defense like Duncan ( I can dream can't I?) :lol

In my opionion Parkers defense is very good, and he really is more of a scoring point guard. When his jumper is falling he truly is ungaurdable. However I also agree with your point about Duncan making the spurs perimeters defenders look very good and helps them play more effective. I think this is the hardest thing for guys new to the spurs system to learn, Trust in Duncan and all will fall into place. they play aggressive and dicatate the game by simply forcing guys to the base line where they have Timmy to clean house. It always seems to take a while for new guys to trust the system, after all how many great help defenders exist in the leauge these days?

Shred
07-12-2007, 12:11 AM
The obsession continues....

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 12:17 AM
parker is better then medicore he shut down the 6 man of the year. as a sun fan I would think you would say parkers d is good

shut down the 6th man?? barbosa was playing with a bum elbow.

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Parker joins Nash as the only players in the league averaging over 18 points, five assists and shooting over 50 percent from the floor.

ducks your siganture is true, however you fail to note that Nash averaged a whole 6 assists a game more than Tony. Tony's D is ok.

Johnny RIngo
07-12-2007, 12:24 AM
You are seriously mistaken if you think the Phoenix Suns are a second tier team. Of all the teams the Spurs played this year in the playoffs we gave them the most trouble.

Spurs breezed through the playoffs this year. None of the team's were on their level which is why I will keep referring to the S0ns as a second tier team. The '05 Pistons and '06 Mavs are the toughest teams the Spurs have faced the past 3 years. Even Duncan admits he had a harder time playing against Denver this year than the S0ns.

Concerning Gary Payton, he may have been a great defender in his prime but he was no where near the player that Nash has turned into.

I know you think you are cute with the way you spell the Phoenix Suns name but it is wearing thin. How old are you anyway, twelve??

Nash better than a prime Gary Payton?! LOL, and S0ns fans have the nerve to call me a 12 year old.

UV Ray
07-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Nash better than a prime Gary Payton?! LOL, and S0ns fans have the nerve to call me a 12 year old.

Twelve!?!
He was giving you way too much credit.

Switchman
07-12-2007, 12:39 AM

That series was fucking sick. 3/4 of those shots the Warriors made aren't suppose to fall the entire damn series. Those games were insane.

JMarkJohns
07-12-2007, 12:43 AM
It's amazing how little it takes to start a five-page pissing contest...

After the first page and a third, this thread sucks donkey ass.

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 01:10 AM
The obsession continues....

:lol Yet here you are on a spurs message board. Oh the irony!

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 01:13 AM
shut down the 6th man?? barbosa was playing with a bum elbow.
And suns fans continue with the parade of excuses. :elephant

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 02:43 AM
And suns fans continue with the parade of excuses. :elephant

funny, leandro didn't say a word about it and played through the pain. we all thought he tanked until we found out he had injured his elbow and need surgury. sounds like a soldier to me. http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/barbosa1bu.gif

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 02:45 AM
funny, leandro didn't say a word about it and played through the pain. we all thought he tanked until we found out he had injured his elbow and need surgury. sounds like a soldier to me. http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/barbosa1bu.gif
Sounds like more excuses.

Johnny RIngo
07-12-2007, 02:46 AM
Barbosa=poor man's Ginobili

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 02:49 AM
Sounds like more excuses.

sounds like you wouldn't know shit if you really where beno udrih.

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Barbosa=poor man's Ginobili

barbosa=future superstar

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Udrih>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barbosa

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 02:53 AM
Udrih>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your life

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 02:55 AM
Udrih>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your life

that's how i KNOW you wouldn't know anything about basketball even if you were beno udrih.

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 02:57 AM
that's how i KNOW you wouldn't know anything about basketball even if you were beno udrih.
:lol U mad?

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 02:58 AM
:lol U mad?

livid :sleep

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 03:01 AM
:yield

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 03:05 AM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/sa.jpg

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 03:06 AM
Bitch can you come up with anything original? :wakeup

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 03:07 AM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/sa.jpg
Did you take this pick from your moms thong?

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 03:08 AM
Cause I dont think she picked up the rash from the river.

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 03:08 AM
Bitch can you come up with anything original? :wakeup

beware the internet thug. :sleep

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 03:10 AM
Beware of the internet nerd. :nerd

Beno Udrih
Anyways back to your moms rash.

Beno Udrih
Does she clean that ass right?

Beno Udrih
07-12-2007, 03:13 AM
I can see you're racking your brain for a lame ass come back. When you do get back to me. :sleep

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 03:14 AM
Cause I dont think she picked up the rash from the river.

snaps, i always get riled up when people i don't know let alone give a lully fuck about talk shit over the internet. i can only imagine what you look like in real life? probably alot like thishttp://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/images-2.jpg

or thishttp://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/virgin6.jpg

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 03:18 AM
Does she clean that ass right?
:sleep :clap :sleep

Johnny RIngo
07-12-2007, 03:26 AM
barbosa=future superstar

Player's with low Bball IQs don't become superstars. Brickosa is just another one-dimensional player that can't do jackshit besides score layups on the Lakers.

Findog
07-12-2007, 07:39 AM

I'm not a Suns fan. Parker got lit up by Deron Williams.

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 08:58 AM

Excuses are like assholes...or rather suns fans.

Supergirl
07-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Props to Amare for making it out of a family riddled with violence and chaos. It takes a lot of inner strength.

But, the flip side is, what opportunities might have been available to his brother, half-brother, mother, etc if they had a marketable talent like Amare? More opportunities need to be provided to young poor people, especially young Black men, because they can't all become NBA superstars. There have to be other ways out of the cycle of violence and poverty.

Nashfan
07-12-2007, 12:11 PM

Findog is a Mavs fan. Also, Parker did not shut down Barbosa, he was injured. He had surgery right after the playoffs on his elbow for a tear. Get your facts straight. :rolleyes

Oh, Gee!!
07-12-2007, 12:14 PM
amare came up ruff

Nashfan
07-12-2007, 12:17 PM
In my opionion Parkers defense is very good, and he really is more of a scoring point guard. When his jumper is falling he truly is ungaurdable. However I also agree with your point about Duncan making the spurs perimeters defenders look very good and helps them play more effective. I think this is the hardest thing for guys new to the spurs system to learn, Trust in Duncan and all will fall into place. they play aggressive and dicatate the game by simply forcing guys to the base line where they have Timmy to clean house. It always seems to take a while for new guys to trust the system, after all how many great help defenders exist in the leauge these days?

I agree that his defense is better than Nash's defense (if you can call what he does defense :oops ) and that he is a scoring point guard. Duncan covers up for any mistakes Parker makes in the defensive area. Parker doesn't usually guard Nash just like Nash doesn't guard Parker. I just think having Duncan would help any point guard look better on defense.

Nashfan
07-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Spurs breezed through the playoffs this year. None of the team's were on their level which is why I will keep referring to the S0ns as a second tier team. The '05 Pistons and '06 Mavs are the toughest teams the Spurs have faced the past 3 years. Even Duncan admits he had a harder time playing against Denver this year than the S0ns.

I don't think you can say that the Spurs breezed through the playoffs against the Suns. Some of your fellow Spurs fan thought Phoenix was the toughest team the Spurs played this year in the playoffs. Against the Cavs who are horrible, they won by nine, eleven, three and one point. I don't call that breezing by anyone.

I still disagree with you about Payton, he may have been great on defense but was not your classical point guard.

Nashfan
07-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Udrih>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barbosa

Now this statement is truly funny. Beno doesn't even get off the bench much, let alone owning Barbosa. :lmao :lmao

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't think you can say that the Spurs breezed through the playoffs against the Suns. Some of your fellow Spurs fan thought Phoenix was the toughest team the Spurs played this year in the playoffs. Against the Cavs who are horrible, they won by nine, eleven, three and one point. I don't call that breezing by anyone.

I still disagree with you about Payton, he may have been great on defense but was not your classical point guard.

16-4 in the playoffs this year.....yeah it WAS a breeze. Suns merely won 2 Denver 1 and Utah 1.

Nashfan
07-12-2007, 12:34 PM
16-4 in the playoffs this year.....yeah it WAS a breeze. Suns merely won 2 Denver 1 and Utah 1.

I would consider it a breeze if they blew teams out, which they did not.

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 12:36 PM
I would consider it a breeze if they blew teams out, which they did not.

How many teams in NBA Playoff History can say they went 16-4? Not many....

Findog
07-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Now this statement is truly funny. Beno doesn't even get off the bench much, let alone owning Barbosa. :lmao :lmao

That guy is a troll. As for Payton, in his prime I take him over Nash, and I don't think twice about it. At his height he gave you 24 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds and nearly 3 steals a game. Nash at his best is a better shooter, a bit better distributor, but Payton played at an All-Star level on both ends of the floor. You can't say that about Nash.

Johnny RIngo
07-12-2007, 12:39 PM
This was the easiest post-season the Spurs ever played IMO. Nobody was on their level except for Dallas who imploded too early. They would have given the Spurs the most trouble.

Nashfan
07-12-2007, 12:52 PM
That guy is a troll. As for Payton, in his prime I take him over Nash, and I don't think twice about it. At his height he gave you 24 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds and nearly 3 steals a game. Nash at his best is a better shooter, a bit better distributor, but Payton played at an All-Star level on both ends of the floor. You can't say that about Nash.

I respect your opinion Findog, but I would still go with Nash as he makes the players around him better. We will just have to agree to disagree. I am a homer also, so that doesn't help :lol

duncan228
07-12-2007, 01:09 PM
This was the easiest post-season the Spurs ever played IMO. Nobody was on their level except for Dallas who imploded too early. They would have given the Spurs the most trouble.

I read a lot of people on here with that same opinion.

It's interesting because Duncan said it was one of the toughest Playoffs he's been through to win.

I know I have it on tape, I think it might have been right after they won when they were given the Trophy. Otherwise it was at the press conference after.

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 01:18 PM
I read a lot of people on here with that same opinion.

It's interesting because Duncan said it was one of the toughest Playoffs he's been through to win.

I know I have it on tape, I think it might have been right after they won when they were given the Trophy. Otherwise it was at the press conference after.

Duncan would make a lot of reference in these playoffs to the journey, and how it is all about the journey. He is also way to modest of a guy to say any team they beat was easy. He has always praised his opponent. Some of us spurs fans are not so modest and call it like it is.

duncan228
07-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Duncan would make a lot of reference in these playoffs to the journey, and how it is all about the journey. He is also way to modest of a guy to say any team they beat was easy. He has always praised his opponent. Some of us spurs fans are not so modest and call it like it is.

I guess so.
He is humble, he does always credit the opponent.
My Duncan homerism gets in the way...I tend to believe him! :lol

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 01:59 PM
I guess so.
He is humble, he does always credit the opponent.
My Duncan homerism gets in the way...I tend to believe him! :lol

He's a classsy as they come

duncan228
07-12-2007, 02:02 PM
He's a classsy as they come

No one better. On or off the court.

But like I said, I'm a Duncan fan(atic) so my vision could be rose-colored.

Findog
07-12-2007, 02:07 PM
No one better. On or off the court.

But like I said, I'm a Duncan fan(atic) so my vision could be rose-colored.

"You stay classy, TD"

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/184/444136570_a6a9177c10_o.jpg

SpursDynasty
07-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm not the biggest Amare fan, but to bring up what his family does or if they're cons or whatever is completely ridiculous....

The NBA isn't about people's personal backgrounds.

The Cougar
07-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Bruce Bowen's family were crackheads.

Findog
07-12-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm not the biggest Amare fan, but to bring up what his family does or if they're cons or whatever is completely ridiculous....

Sensible, fair and reasonable. Who are you and how did you gain access to SpursDynasty's account?

Sec24Row7
07-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Amare is stupid... just get over it.

He has low IQ, Basketball IQ, and Common Sense... the Trifecta of NBA Player Dumbfuckery.

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Sensible, fair and reasonable. Who are you and how did you gain access to SpursDynasty's account?

Every now and then he will come out and surprise you. But then it's usually back to his fluke threads.

Findog
07-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Every now and then he will come out and surprise you. But then it's usually back to his fluke threads.

I guess that post is just a fluke post by a fluke SpursTalk member. When he calls Dwight Howard overrated because of a game-winning dunk, or says Dirk should come off the bench, he's just making the posts he's supposed to make.

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 02:51 PM

o-factor=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/headup.jpg

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Amare is stupid... just get over it.

He has low IQ, Basketball IQ, and Common Sense... the Trifecta of NBA Player Dumbfuckery.

Sec24Row7=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/m_868e51720fe6a169a3a4a47944e7c4b1.jpg

Obstructed_View
07-12-2007, 03:04 PM
You stay classy, Obstructed View.
Hey, I wasn't bagging on Mark Cuban or doubting the word of a porn star. At least you have this to show all your friends how you owned me once again. :lol

Findog
07-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey, I wasn't bagging on Mark Cuban or doubting the word of a porn star. At least you have this to show all your friends how you owned me once again. :lol

Hey, if you want to crack jokes about a personal tragedy, be my guest. It's not that big a deal either way.

Obstructed_View
07-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Hey, if you want to crack jokes about a personal tragedy, be my guest.

Thanks for permission, mom. :rolleyes

Findog
07-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks for permission, mom. :rolleyes

I'm not one for censorship, sweetie.

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 03:16 PM

Its an interesting news story regarding a prominent NBA player on a rival team. News articles are posted all the time on this site. Where have you been?

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 03:19 PM
o-factor=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/headup.jpg

Again you confirm why we Spurs fans thing you nuns fans are dumb ignorant fucks. You give your kind a bad name
:nutkick:

Johnny RIngo
07-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Again you confirm why we Spurs fans thing you nuns fans are dumb ignorant fucks. You give your kind a bad name

S0ns fans are still butthurt from the Conference Semis. All this is a result of high expectations from a fanbase that's desperate for a championship. Unfortunately, the S0ns fans(along with the clueless media) have far overrated their team into the first tier status of the Western Conference. If you look at it from an unbiased point of view the S0ns are closer to being a second tier playoff team along the lines of the Jazz, Rockets, and Nuggets. None of these teams play consistent offense AND defense...just like the S0ns. As a result they've all failed to win a recent conference title. The contender label is thrown around far too often. The S0ns have been labeled contenders for the past 3 years...yet they haven't come close to sniffing a Finals appearance.

Phoenix S0ns=overhyped and overrated

kps0001
07-12-2007, 04:13 PM
S0ns fans are still butthurt from the Conference Semis. All this is a result of high expectations from a fanbase that's desperate for a championship. Unfortunately, the S0ns fans(along with the clueless media) have far overrated their team into the first tier status of the Western Conference. If you look at it from an unbiased point of view the S0ns are closer to being a second tier playoff team along the lines of the Jazz, Rockets, and Nuggets. None of these teams play consistent offense AND defense...just like the S0ns. As a result they've all failed to win a recent conference title. The contender label is thrown around far too often. The S0ns have been labeled contenders for the past 3 years...yet they haven't come close to sniffing a Finals appearance.

Phoenix S0ns=overhyped and overrated

I don't get what you are going on about the Suns being a second tier playoff team or that they haven't come close to a Finals appearance. What the hell is a second tier playoff team in your opinion? What the hell do you consider close to sniffing a Finals appearance?

Were the Spurs a better team than the Suns this year? Obviously. Are they worthy of being considered a "second tier" playoff team? No freaking way. Were they that far from going to the Finals in the past two years? Dallas took us out in 6 games in conf. finals and the Spurs beat us in a controversial series. Its hard to say what would have happened should we have beaten the Spurs and met the Jazz in western conf. finals. The Spurs are good but they are not in another league as compared with Phoenix and Dallas as some of you Spurs fans are having delusions of grandeur.

I understand hating on and talking smack about the Suns but at this point you really sound ignorant.

Sec24Row7
07-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Sec24Row7=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/m_868e51720fe6a169a3a4a47944e7c4b1.jpg

I'm a hack photoshopped picture by a loser suns fan?

Nashfan
07-12-2007, 04:32 PM
I don't get what you are going on about the Suns being a second tier playoff team or that they haven't come close to a Finals appearance. What the hell is a second tier playoff team in your opinion? What the hell do you consider close to sniffing a Finals appearance?

Were the Spurs a better team than the Suns this year? Obviously. Are they worthy of being considered a "second tier" playoff team? No freaking way. Were they that far from going to the Finals in the past two years? Dallas took us out in 6 games in conf. finals and the Spurs beat us in a controversial series. Its hard to say what would have happened should we have beaten the Spurs and met the Jazz in western conf. finals. The Spurs are good but they are not in another league as compared with Phoenix and Dallas as some of you Spurs fans are having delusions of grandeur.

I understand hating on and talking smack about the Suns but at this point you really sound ignorant.

:clap

Johnny RIngo
07-12-2007, 04:38 PM
he Spurs are good but they are not in another league as compared with Phoenix and Dallas as some of you Spurs fans are having delusions of grandeur.

Actually, I have Dallas in the first tier along with the Spurs.

Retards like yourcheatinheart talk smack. I speak the truth.

Shred
07-12-2007, 05:09 PM
The obsession continues....You monkeys know what to do!

kps0001
07-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Actually, I have Dallas in the first tier along with the Spurs.

Retards like yourcheatinheart talk smack. I speak the truth.

Funny they are a first tier team that got ousted in the first round by an 8 seed but the Suns who made it further and lost to the champs are a second tier team. Your logic is mind boggling.

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 05:28 PM

get your head out of your ass o.

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm a hack photoshopped picture by a loser suns fan?

it works on so many levels. spurs fans take themselves way too fucking serious. alot of you don't know fucking shit about hoops and it shows. nice come back by the way. :sleep

Johnny RIngo
07-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Funny they are a first tier team that got ousted in the first round by an 8 seed but the Suns who made it further and lost to the champs are a second tier team. Your logic is mind boggling.

The Mavs imploded too early this year. Doesn't change the fact that they were a top tier team last year.

The S0ns have never been first tier(and with their non-existant defense they probably never will be). They're a glorified version of the '82 Nuggets.

Johnny RIngo
07-12-2007, 05:39 PM
it works on so many levels. spurs fans take themselves way too fucking serious. alot of you don't know fucking shit about hoops and it shows. nice come back by the way. :sleep

Actually it's you S0ns fans that don't seem to know shit about hoops. Steve Nash better than Gary Payton...LOL

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 05:40 PM

You bring absolutly no intelligence or substance to your posts. You are pretty much an ignorant dumbfuck. Apparently you are the one that doesn't know dick about basketball.

:idiot

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 05:48 PM
You bring absolutly no intelligence or substance to your posts. You are pretty much an ignorant dumbfuck. Apparently you are the one that doesn't know dick about basketball.

fuck you bitch, fucking homer piece of shit :wakeup cute smilies by the way bitch

JMarkJohns
07-12-2007, 05:49 PM
^ Oh the irony :lol

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 05:49 PM

get your head out of your ass bitch

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 05:51 PM

SUNS FOR LIFE BITCH!!, you can't/won't/or ever put any thing in its place

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Sun fans just don't get it.

JMarkJohns
07-12-2007, 05:56 PM
*Homers* just don't get it.

Fixed it for ya. It's non-denominational... It knows no affiliations. Idiots are idiots no matter the team they root for. In this case, it's a handful of Suns fans. In plenty of other cases, it's fans of different teams.

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 05:56 PM
cheain.....LOL, you keep proving my point. Thats what you are all about right? Thats what you bring to the table, "fuck this, fuck that, fuck you, spurs sucks, suns for life bitch, blah, blah, blah". Its pretty freakin funny. Maybe its my signature that has your panties in a wad. You know, the one with 4 championship trophies. Be envious, be very envious.....

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Fixed it for ya. It's non-denominational... It knows no affiliations. Idiots are idiots no matter the team they root for. In this case, it's a handful of Suns fans. In plenty of other cases, it's fans of different teams.

Yea sorry for the generalization.

Nashfan
07-12-2007, 07:11 PM
The Mavs imploded too early this year. Doesn't change the fact that they were a top tier team last year.

The S0ns have never been first tier(and with their non-existant defense they probably never will be). They're a glorified version of the '82 Nuggets.

Do you actually think the Mavs play defense??? :lol

ducks
07-12-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm not a Suns fan. Parker got lit up by Deron Williams.
spurs let williams score

Nashfan
07-12-2007, 07:18 PM
spurs let williams score

Yeah, right :dizzy :)

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Do you actually think the Mavs play defense??? :lol

Mavs defense>Suns defense X 10000

Nashfan
07-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Mavs defense>Suns defense X 10000

Is that why you played so well against the Warriors? The Mavs sure played great defense against those guy's didn't they? They ran circles around the Mavs!! :blah

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Is that why you played so well against the Warriors? The Mavs sure played great defense against those guy's didn't they? They ran circles around the Mavs!! :blah

Matchup problems don't necessarily mean poor defense. Every team runs circles around the Suns d.

yourcheatinheart
07-13-2007, 12:44 AM
cheain.....LOL, you keep proving my point. Thats what you are all about right? Thats what you bring to the table, "fuck this, fuck that, fuck you, spurs sucks, suns for life bitch, blah, blah, blah". Its pretty freakin funny. Maybe its my signature that has your panties in a wad. You know, the one with 4 championship trophies. Be envious, be very envious.....

that's pretty funny. you can think of me however the fuck you want. but to say you had a point in any of this was funny shit. me being envious of a spurs fan would be like being jealous of the rich kid. yeah what he has looks good at the time, but to have really earned it yourself without the help of daddy makes the cake taste much sweeter. i could give 2 shits let alone be envious of your *. i think your vagina gets a little too wet from all the homer spurs posts you take in...

Findog
07-13-2007, 01:15 AM

What did the Suns do this year that Dallas didn't? They beat the Lakers, which last time I checked, consisted of Kobe, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom's bum shoulder and 9 D-Leaguers. Congratulations. Warriors >>> Lakers.

Dallas got upset and underachieved, no question about it. And they quit late in the third quarter of Game Six, that upsets me about my team more than anything. But the Warriors were not a typical .500 8-seed. Davis and Richardson missed a combined 50 games to injury. They got a major talent upgrade with Buckets and Harrington in exchange for Dunmurphy. The team that took the floor in the playoffs would probably have won 50-55 games if they had been healthy and together all year long.

Coming into the series I didn't expect it to be a cakewalk (my original prediction was Dallas in six), considering Davis and Richardson > Harris and Terry, but Dampier being out with a torn rotator cuff meant there was nobody back to protect the rim after they sliced into the lane. Dirk is a decent help defender, but we signed Damp precisely because he's not good enough to anchor a frontline defensively.

Biggest upset in NBA history based on W-L disparity? Absolutely.
Biggest upset in NBA history based on talent disparity? No fucking way.

If the Warriors were in the East, they'd be a top-3 seed. If they don't get KG, I expect them to regress a little bit this year after dumping Richardson's salary in exchange for Rudy Gay 2.0, but the team we played was a damned good one. You beat the Warriors' smallball with interior scoring or controlling the boards. Dampier definitely helps with the latter and can post up Al freakin' Harrington to do enough with the former. I know on the surface it's laughable to call a guy that averages 7 and 7 a difference-maker, but he's a big part of what we do. He allows Dirk to not take on the onerous task of guarding opposing bigs. I'm not saying we would've definitely beaten the Warriors if we had our entire lineup together and used the same rotation as we did throughout the regular season, but I certainly think it would've helped.

I guess my two points are A) It will go down in history as an epic collapse and disaster, but like a lot of history, that's superficial and shallow and not quite accurate and B) the matchup problems that GS team presented to us were made even worse without our starting C available for normal duty.

yourcheatinheart
07-13-2007, 07:31 AM
What did the Suns do this year that Dallas didn't? They beat the Lakers, which last time I checked, consisted of Kobe, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom's bum shoulder and 9 D-Leaguers. Congratulations. Warriors >>> Lakers.

Dallas got upset and underachieved, no question about it. And they quit late in the third quarter of Game Six, that upsets me about my team more than anything. But the Warriors were not a typical .500 8-seed. Davis and Richardson missed a combined 50 games to injury. They got a major talent upgrade with Buckets and Harrington in exchange for Dunmurphy. The team that took the floor in the playoffs would probably have won 50-55 games if they had been healthy and together all year long.

Coming into the series I didn't expect it to be a cakewalk (my original prediction was Dallas in six), considering Davis and Richardson > Harris and Terry, but Dampier being out with a torn rotator cuff meant there was nobody back to protect the rim after they sliced into the lane. Dirk is a decent help defender, but we signed Damp precisely because he's not good enough to anchor a frontline defensively.

If the Warriors were in the East, they'd be a top-3 seed. If they don't get KG, I expect them to regress a little bit this year after dumping Richardson's salary in exchange for Rudy Gay 2.0, but the team we played was a damned good one. You beat the Warriors' smallball with interior scoring or controlling the boards. Dampier definitely helps with the latter and can post up Al freakin' Harrington to do enough with the former. I know on the surface it's laughable to call a guy that averages 7 and 7 a difference-maker, but he's a big part of what we do. He allows Dirk to not take on the onerous task of guarding opposing bigs. I'm not saying we would've definitely beaten the Warriors if we had our entire lineup together and used the same rotation as we did throughout the regular season, but I certainly think it would've helped.

I guess my two points are A) It will go down in history as an epic collapse and disaster, but like a lot of history, that's superficial and shallow and not quite accurate and B) the matchup problems that GS team presented to us were made even worse without our starting C available for normal duty.

findog=no class to talk about shit

Findog
07-13-2007, 07:59 AM
findog=no class to talk about shit

I'm sorry, did you have something relevant to add to the discussion?

Findog
07-13-2007, 08:02 AM
but to have really earned it yourself without the help of daddy makes the cake taste much sweeter

Considering the Spurs are better than the Suns, I don't see what your point is here. Keep blaming David Stern and Stu Jackson.

Sec24Row7
07-13-2007, 12:50 PM

I fail to see how my insinuation that Amare has low Basketball IQ and very little common sense brands me as a Spurs homer with low basketball knowledge.

I'm baffled by how my critique of a poorly photoshopped picture makes me one.

Amare is REALLY good. He is just REALLY stupid too. You explain to ME why during one game in our series this year D'Antoni pulled him out of the game in the first quarter with two fouls and he didn't see the floor again until the third quarter.

He isn't a ROOKIE, why can't he manage his fouls while he is ON the court?

I'm not even to going to go into the other stupidity that hurt his team that series.

It's ok dude. Not everyone has to be smart. He's making millions of dollars playing for you and dunking on people and developing his midrange jumpshot. Life will go on.

kps0001
07-13-2007, 01:32 PM

The Suns beat a team they should have in the first round and the Mavs didn't. Enough said. I don't care how good you think the GS Warriors as an 8 seed were they were still an 8 seeed and the Mavs should have beat them. Make all the excuses you want and continue to berate certain Suns fans for doing the same. Nice move.

Findog
07-13-2007, 02:04 PM
The Suns beat a team they should have in the first round and the Mavs didn't. Enough said. I don't care how good you think the GS Warriors as an 8 seed were they were still an 8 seeed and the Mavs should have beat them. Make all the excuses you want and continue to berate certain Suns fans for doing the same. Nice move.

I'm not making excuses, I'm making an explanation. Yeah, Phoenix got out of the first round but they can't beat San Antonio, something we're capable of. Quite a few Suns fans seem to think Stu Jackson and David Stern cheated them out of something.

Xylus
07-13-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm not making excuses, I'm making an explanation. Yeah, Phoenix got out of the first round but they can't beat San Antonio, something we're capable of. Quite a few Suns fans seem to think Stu Jackson and David Stern cheated them out of something.
Just out of curiosity, who would you take in a 7-game series right now, Phoenix or Dallas?

Findog
07-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Just out of curiosity, who would you take in a 7-game series right now, Phoenix or Dallas?

Phoenix in 7. I think us against the Spurs is a 50/50 deal. Us against Phoenix, more like 45/55. Suns just don't match up well against San Antonio Period. Suspensions or no suspensions, they weren't beating the Spurs.

Phoenix/Dallas/San Antonio is like rock-paper-scissors.

da_suns_fan__
07-13-2007, 02:10 PM
My favorite part of this thread has been the Mavs fans claim that the Warriors>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lakers.

So?

1) The Suns DESTROYED the Lakers.
2) The Suns would have destroyed the Warriors too.

The Mavs were on the wrong side of the greatest upset in NBA history and their fans are trying to retain some bragging rights?

Maybe in a year or two, it will be ok to claim the Mavs are anything but a bunch of chokers. But until they make it out of the first round, all that matters is their loss to the Warriors.

Findog
07-13-2007, 02:17 PM
The Mavs were on the wrong side of the greatest upset in NBA history

My favorite part of this thread has been the Mavs fans claim that the Warriors>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lakers
So?

There's your answer. It's a minor upset, not a major one. Warriors were far better than their record.

and their fans are trying to retain some bragging rights?

Bragging about what? The Mavs fucked up, but I'm just setting the record straight. It will go down in history that way, but it was more akin to a second-round matchup than a 1 vs 8 matchup. You and the other assclown are coming to a Spurs board to talk shit. If you want to shit on my team unprovoked, then I'll defend it from something that is factually inaccurate.

The Suns would have destroyed the Warriors too.

No, they would not have swept them. Not even close. Warriors were better defensively than Phoenix with all their wing players and the way they play the passing lanes, Baron Davis > Steve Nash, Raja has to guard J-Rich instead of Davis, but Amare can score on the low blocks and that's how you beat smallball. Phoenix in six or seven would be my guess.

mavs>spurs2
07-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Does da_suns_fag seriously not understand the importance of matchups in basketball? Sure the Mavs screwed up, but the Warriors sure >>>>>>>> the Lakers.

Supergirl
07-13-2007, 02:39 PM
How did this thread degenerate into Suns versus Mavs trash talking? What does most of the last 4 pages worth of posts have to do with Amare's family?

ATRAIN
07-13-2007, 02:50 PM
How did this thread degenerate into Suns versus Mavs trash talking? What does most of the last 4 pages worth of posts have to do with Amare's family?

Its cause the Suns fans are touchy and start throwing out nonsense and things to try and justify why they lost. I would have to say in a 7 game series last year, Dallas would have beat down the suns. Yeah GS upset Dallas in the first round, but come on GS and Nelly had their number. They knew how to beat them and did. IN a 7 game series against Dallas and SA, Dallas would have taken it to 7 going either way. I honestly don't know why the Suns trolls are even here in the first place, guess no one paid attention to them on their own board.

Findog
07-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Its cause the Suns fans are touchy and start throwing out nonsense and things to try and justify why they lost. I would have to say in a 7 game series last year, Dallas would have beat down the suns. Yeah GS upset Dallas in the first round, but come on GS and Nelly had their number. They knew how to beat them and did. IN a 7 game series against Dallas and SA, Dallas would have taken it to 7 going either way. I honestly don't know why the Suns trolls are even here in the first place, guess no one paid attention to them on their own board.

Well said.

yourcheatinheart
07-13-2007, 03:23 PM

right now,
suns beat spurs in 7 games

suns beat mavs in 6 games

mavs>spurs2
07-13-2007, 03:33 PM
right now,
suns beat spurs in 7 games

suns beat mavs in 6 games

WTH???? Spurs just beat you guys in 6. You really think Grant Hill makes a 2 game difference? :lmao

SpursDynasty
07-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Regarding the Suns, Spurs, and Dallas, one thing we must remember is that Dallas won about 10 more games than they were supposed to this season. Realistically Dallas is a 55-57 win team.

The Suns are about a 52 win team.

The Spurs had a lot of fake losses. Such as the two bullshit reg. season losses to Cleveland, the loss to the Bobcats, and Dwight Howard's shit dunk. Not to mention that last reg. season meeting between Dallas and SA where Crawford tossed Duncan, in which SA won about 90% of that game before throwing it away in the closing minutes....So the Spurs should have been about a 63-64 win team this year....

Dallas and Phoenix are fake pretty much....

I thought we learned this already.

Oh, and regarding who's better than who... Dallas and SA are literally 50/50. Phoenix shouldn't even be in this argument...Dallas and SA are both superior to Phoenix. Suspensions or no suspensions, Phoenix as usual would get their 60 wins by running around against bad defensive teams and getting any shot they want, before running into superior defense in the postseason and losing.

Xylus
07-13-2007, 04:15 PM
WTH???? Spurs just beat you guys in 6. You really think Grant Hill makes a 2 game difference? :lmao
Amare and Diaw staying on the bench makes at least a one-game difference. If the Spurs and Suns meet up again next year, I expect it to be a lot closer.

Findog
07-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Amare and Diaw staying on the bench makes at least a one-game difference.

Not necessarily. Spurs were 3-2 against Amare. It's not automatic that the Suns win Game Five. What did Diaw give you in G6? 1 pt, 1 rebound?

Xylus
07-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Not necessarily. Spurs were 3-2 against Amare. It's not automatic that the Suns win Game Five. What did Diaw give you in G6? 1 pt, 1 rebound?
The Spurs came out completely flat in Game 5, and would have likely lost the game if Amare was playing. With Diaw and Amare out, and with Kurt Thomas being forced to play heavy minutes, the Suns were criminally small at the end of the game. They didn't have their dependable big man to throw it in at the end of the game, so all the Spurs had to do was defend the perimeter.

Spurs were 3-2 against Amare, but not 4-2. So the series would have probably gone to Game 7, and who knows how that would have gone.

I'm not complaining about it, I just believe that if the Suns and Spurs meet up again next year, it's going to Game 7. Amare's not going to make another boneheaded mistake like that again.

yourcheatinheart
07-13-2007, 05:10 PM

no but we still didn't get to see it. that's why i say suns in 7. spurs fans forget how close the series was before the hipcheck. suns in 7.

yourcheatinheart
07-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Regarding the Suns, Spurs, and Dallas, one thing we must remember is that Dallas won about 10 more games than they were supposed to this season. Realistically Dallas is a 55-57 win team.

The Suns are about a 52 win team.

The Spurs had a lot of fake losses. Such as the two bullshit reg. season losses to Cleveland, the loss to the Bobcats, and Dwight Howard's shit dunk. Not to mention that last reg. season meeting between Dallas and SA where Crawford tossed Duncan, in which SA won about 90% of that game before throwing it away in the closing minutes....So the Spurs should have been about a 63-64 win team this year....

Dallas and Phoenix are fake pretty much....

I thought we learned this already.

Oh, and regarding who's better than who... Dallas and SA are literally 50/50. Phoenix shouldn't even be in this argument...Dallas and SA are both superior to Phoenix. Suspensions or no suspensions, Phoenix as usual would get their 60 wins by running around against bad defensive teams and getting any shot they want, before running into superior defense in the postseason and losing.

superior??? you can say all the shit you want TRUTH IS san antonio isn't better than phoenix.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Spurs in 6. :toast

mardigan
07-13-2007, 05:18 PM
superior??? you can say all the shit you want TRUTH IS san antonio isn't better than phoenix.
Think playoff results say otherwise

Johnny RIngo
07-13-2007, 10:18 PM
D'Antoni's gimmick basketball doesn't fool Popovich. Spurs take the S0ns in 5 if they meet in the '08 playoffs. I heard D'Antoni's taken some precautions to make sure Amare stays on the bench this time:

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7941/amarechildcarseatbabycoim7.jpg

O-Factor
07-13-2007, 10:57 PM

TRUTH IS you are fucking retard. We just whooped you all in the playoffs. WE ARE a superior team to you all and everyone knows it. Thats the stupidest post you've posted so far and they all have been pretty bad. Question, you are on drugs right? :smokin

Findog
07-13-2007, 11:01 PM
no but we still didn't get to see it. that's why i say suns in 7. spurs fans forget how close the series was before the hipcheck. suns in 7.

No, it wasn't that close. The Spurs did a good job of slowing the tempo down, controlling the boards and making those games more of a half-court game than the track meet the Suns like. Thomas doesn't ordinarily get minutes but he has to play because of Duncan and the Suns offense just isn't as effective. You guys got a fluke win in Game Four because of Duncan's foul trouble. You were behind all game, it was a typical grind it out Spurs kind of contest, and Pop took Duncan out instead of letting him play with five fouls. Spurs offense bogged down without Duncan and the Suns stole one. It could've easily been over in five. So six games is about right.

yourcheatinheart
07-14-2007, 12:20 AM
TRUTH IS you are fucking retard. We just whooped you all in the playoffs. WE ARE a superior team to you all and everyone knows it. Thats the stupidest post you've posted so far and they all have been pretty bad. Question, you are on drugs right? :smokin

no just using my american right to express an opinoin that is not far off from the truth. suns in 7 ho. nice use of the word fuck by the way.

Johnny RIngo
07-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Spurs in 5 or 6. The S0ns offensive style works well against bottom-feeders like the Lakers but it will will always fall apart vs the Spurs. Duncan didn't even think the S0ns were that tough. He thought the Nuggets were MUCH harder.

O-Factor
07-14-2007, 12:52 PM
no just using my american right to express an opinoin that is not far off from the truth. suns in 7 ho. nice use of the word fuck by the way.

Denial, thats the first sign of drug abuse. Ha, you couldn't be further from the truth. We just gave you all a beat down in 6 games. Did you not see it, or are you just stupid? You wouldn't know truth if it hip-checked you, and you flopped to make it seem worse than it is. How about this for truth, 4 titles "ho". You can't even sniff one title.

:jack

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Spurs in 6.

Shred
07-14-2007, 03:01 PM
You monkeys know what to do....

JMarkJohns
07-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Spurs in 5 or 6. The S0ns offensive style works well against bottom-feeders like the Lakers but it will will always fall apart vs the Spurs. Duncan didn't even think the S0ns were that tough. He thought the Nuggets were MUCH harder.

You're going to need a link for this shit.

Seriously. Link it. Not quote, link.

It doesn't sound like Duncan to belittle an opponant.

duncan228
07-14-2007, 04:17 PM
You're going to need a link for this shit.

Seriously. Link it. Not quote, link.

It doesn't sound like Duncan to belittle an opponant.

It's from the press conference after we won the Suns series.

Duncan was asked if it had been one of the most physical series he'd played in. He answered by saying something like "The most physical? Did you see the last series?"

I have the interview on tape but I don't know if it made print.

(I don't want to be in this battle. I just follow Duncan and have the interview.)

Duncan always gives credit to his opponents. He answered the question with a smile.

yourcheatinheart
07-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Denial, thats the first sign of drug abuse. Ha, you couldn't be further from the truth. We just gave you all a beat down in 6 games. Did you not see it, or are you just stupid? You wouldn't know truth if it hip-checked you, and you flopped to make it seem worse than it is. How about this for truth, 4 titles "ho". You can't even sniff one title.

:jack

beat down??? now who the fuck is on drugs?? game 2 we gave you a beat down by 20. the most the spurs won by in this series was 8. jesus christ what a homer piece of shit you are. suns in 7. how about the truth * ho.

Gm 1: SAS 111, PHX 106
Gm 2: PHX 101, SAS 81 =beat down.
Gm 3: SAS 108, PHX 101
Gm 4: PHX 104, SAS 98
Gm 5: SAS 88, PHX 85
Gm 6: SAS 114, PHX 106

JMarkJohns
07-14-2007, 04:35 PM
It's from the press conference after we won the Suns series.

Duncan was asked if it had been one of the most physical series he'd played in. He answered by saying something like "The most physical? Did you see the last series?"

I have the interview on tape but I don't know if it made print.

(I don't want to be in this battle. I just follow Duncan and have the interview.)

Duncan always gives credit to his opponents. He answered the question with a smile.

Going from "most physical" to "tougher to beat" is a bit of a stretch, considering the more physical opponant went just five games, while the Suns went six, with four of the six games really being toss ups, with game two a blow out for Phoenix and game six a pretty comfortable win for San Antonio.

I'll definately agree that Denver was more physical, but let's not exaggerate comments, or misread the stated obvious.

duncan228
07-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Going from "most physical" to "tougher to beat" is a bit of a stretch, considering the more physical opponant went just five games, while the Suns went six, with four of the six games really being toss ups, with game two a blow out for Phoenix and game six a pretty comfortable win for San Antonio.

I'll definately agree that Denver was more physical, but let's not exaggerate comments, or misread the stated obvious.

Like I said, I don't want to be in this battle.

I simply replied because I have the interview.

I'm only paraphrasing what Duncan said. (I'm close I'm sure, but I didn't dig the tape out to quote him exactly.)

You guys can interpet what he said anyway you want to.
I'm in no way taking what he said apart. Or taking "sides" in this conversation. I'm just posting the information I have.

JMarkJohns
07-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Like I said, I don't want to be in this battle.

I simply replied because I have the interview.

I'm only paraphrasing what Duncan said. (I'm close I'm sure, but I didn't dig the tape out to quote him exactly.)

You guys can interpet what he said anyway you want to.
I'm in no way taking what he said apart. Or taking "sides" in this conversation. I'm just posting the information I have.

Appreciate it. My intent of critique was upon the original poster who implied that Duncan said/though the Suns were an easy out.

duncan228
07-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Appreciate it. My intent of critique was upon the original poster who implied that Duncan said/though the Suns were an easy out.

Got it.

It's easy to get defensive in these kind of conversations. I wasn't sure if you meant me or not. Thanks for clearing it up.

I'll stay out of here now! :lol

O-Factor
07-14-2007, 06:25 PM
beat down??? now who the fuck is on drugs?? game 2 we gave you a beat down by 20. the most the spurs won by in this series was 8. jesus christ what a homer piece of shit you are. suns in 7. how about the truth * ho.

Gm 1: SAS 111, PHX 106
Gm 2: PHX 101, SAS 81 =beat down.
Gm 3: SAS 108, PHX 101
Gm 4: PHX 104, SAS 98
Gm 5: SAS 88, PHX 85
Gm 6: SAS 114, PHX 106

I remember that game 2, the one where we didn't show up and gave you that game. That was funny. If you want to wave that game 2 win banner around thats fine, we won the championship. I'd rather wave that banner. What is this suns in 7 bullshit you keep spewing. And don't tell me because you signed Grant Hill(:lmao) or my already low opinion of you will drop even lower(if that is possible.) WE JUST BEAT YOU! Did you win the title this year. NO. Amazing, you really are stupid. In the 9 games the Spurs/suns played this season, you all only won 3 games!!! Like I said, we gave you a beat down this season. Unless you all are willing to play some defense, don't expect to beat us in a 7 game series this era. And by the way how old is Nash now???

:flag:

yourcheatinheart
07-14-2007, 06:39 PM
I remember that game 2, the one where we didn't show up and gave you that game. That was funny. If you want to wave that game 2 win banner around thats fine, we won the championship. I'd rather wave that banner. What is this suns in 7 bullshit you keep spewing. And don't tell me because you signed Grant Hill(:lmao) or my already low opinion of you will drop even lower(if that is possible.) WE JUST BEAT YOU! Did you win the title this year. NO. Amazing, you really are stupid. In the 9 games the Spurs/suns played this season, you all only won 3 games!!! Like I said, we gave you a beat down this season. Unless you all are willing to play some defense, don't expect to beat us in a 7 game series this era. And by the way how old is Nash now???

:flag:

straight up, 7 game series right now, Suns win in 7. get over your fucking self. san antonio and phoenix are very evenly matched. a few breaks go our way and its us with the banner. threw game 2?? i'm sure it's in Pops game plan to just not show up and give games away. do you even proof read the shit you write?? you sound like degenerate 5th grade drop out. jesus christ it's like i'm trying to talk to my brother's kid. Suns in 7. Nash is 2 years older than duncan by the way.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Spurs in 6.

mardigan
07-14-2007, 06:44 PM
straight up, 7 game series right now, Suns win in 7. get over your fucking self. san antonio and phoenix are very evenly matched. a few breaks go our way and its us with the banner. threw game 2?? i'm sure it's in Pops game plan to just not show up and give games away. do you even proof read the shit you write?? you sound like degenerate 5th grade drop out. jesus christ it's like i'm trying to talk to my brother's kid. Suns in 7. Nash is 2 years older than duncan by the way.
Maybe you guys should get to a game 7 with us before you call the series to the Suns