PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos are overrated....

TheSanityAnnex
07-11-2007, 09:37 PM
....and have no chance this year.

1. Inexperienced QB Cutler, played last 5 games in 06 going 2-3.

2. Ten new projected starters, HALF the teams starters are new.

3. DL with one underachieving DT in Kennedy, another aged waiver wire pickup (Adams) and top DL draft picks have character issues.

4. FS-is one of the oldest in the league, Lynch (36 this season) zero INT’s in 06, and has lost a step.

5. Cut defensive leader MLB Al Wilson, full effects unknown.

6. Have a new retread RB in Henry, solid is the best that can be said of him.

7. WR-Rod Smith is close to retirement as his production dropped sharply in 06. Hip injury a major concern.

8. Starting SS-is 32 yrs old (Ferguson) coming off knee surgery, 1-INT in the 10 games he did play in 06.

9. OLine gave up over 30 sacks in 06, with Nalen being 36 yrs old, the line is questionable at pass blocking.

10. Swept by the Chargers in convincing fashion in 06, by a combined score of 83-47, Broncos Pass Offense 27th in NFL, 23rd overall. Weak Offense.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-11-2007, 09:43 PM
11. Dre Bly isn't that good.

gaKNOW!blee
07-11-2007, 10:32 PM
12. Cutler is alot better than you give him credit for.

possessed
07-12-2007, 12:43 AM
As a fan of division rival Oakland, I have to say that I like Denver's chances better than yours. They've made some nice improvements and certainly have the edge on the sidelines.

Not that I wouldn't mind Cutler being a complete bust.

JMarkJohns
07-12-2007, 12:47 AM
As a fan of division rival Oakland, I have to say that I like Denver's chances better than yours.

You like Denver's chances better than San Diego's? To do what? To be awarded a top-10 pick in next year's draft? To allow more points than they score?

Certainly not win the Division, let alone contend for the Super Bowl from the AFC.

possessed
07-12-2007, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=possessed]As a fan of division rival Oakland, I have to say that I like Denver's chances better than yours. QUOTE]

You like Denver's chances better than San Diego's? To do what? To be awarded a top-10 pick in next year's draft? To allow more points than they score?

Certainly not win the Division, let alone contend for the Super Bowl from the AFC.
http://media.scout.com/Media/NFL/57_Norv-Turner.JPG

JMarkJohns
07-12-2007, 12:54 AM
And? Turner has never had this much talent. Let's just see. Shanahan has had much more talent than this and failed to register, so...

timvp
07-12-2007, 01:01 AM
I liked this thread better the first time I read it. (http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=42627)

possessed
07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
And? Turner has never had this much talent. Let's just see. Shanahan has had much more talent than this and failed to register, so...
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n100/mtownraider/bk_turner.jpg

Turner hasn't had this much talent... So what. Neither had Marty and he's a far better coach. Unfortunately for Marty his postseason record was abysmal. It's clear the Chargers needed a man who's regular season record was abysmal. There's a smart fix.

What was the Chargers problem in the playoffs last year? A team of immature punks with their heads up their asses. They're as undisciplined as they are talented. Yeah, Norv will change that. His track record of discipline is nothing short of outstanding. :lol And as much crap as Al Davis gets for creating an uncomfortable working environment for his coaches, Chargers GM A.J. Smith won't give them the time of day in spite of leading the team to a 14-2 record.

So who's overrated? A.J. Smith, that's who. A couple drafts don't change that. The screw up he's made in regards to the Chargers coaching staff will haunt them. The window of opportunity in the NFL is small and their most colossal screw up happens when the team is poised to win Championships. Same 'ol Chargers. They could screw anything up.

greenroom
07-12-2007, 07:41 AM
....and have no chance this year.

1. Inexperienced QB Cutler, played last 5 games in 06 going 2-3.

2. Ten new projected starters, HALF the teams starters are new.

3. DL with one underachieving DT in Kennedy, another aged waiver wire pickup (Adams) and top DL draft picks have character issues.

4. FS-is one of the oldest in the league, Lynch (36 this season) zero INT’s in 06, and has lost a step.

5. Cut defensive leader MLB Al Wilson, full effects unknown.

6. Have a new retread RB in Henry, solid is the best that can be said of him.

7. WR-Rod Smith is close to retirement as his production dropped sharply in 06. Hip injury a major concern.

8. Starting SS-is 32 yrs old (Ferguson) coming off knee surgery, 1-INT in the 10 games he did play in 06.

9. OLine gave up over 30 sacks in 06, with Nalen being 36 yrs old, the line is questionable at pass blocking.

10. Swept by the Chargers in convincing fashion in 06, by a combined score of 83-47, Broncos Pass Offense 27th in NFL, 23rd overall. Weak Offense.

IF this was from any other than TheSanityAnnex I would give it more thoughts. But this is just a fishing trip by The Sanity Annex whom is just scared of the mighty Denver Broncos.

He knows that the Chargers can not handle pressure. See playoffs or how about 2005 when they choked away a season?

johnsmith
07-12-2007, 07:51 AM
We'll see.

In about a month and a half, history and last season mean nothing.

Talk as much shit as you want right now, because when the season starts, it all means nothing.

BUMP
07-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Chargers>>>>>>>>Broncos

Broncos will struggle to get to .500. they are just getting older.

johnsmith
07-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Chargers>>>>>>>>Broncos

I just looked at the roster, and out of the 32 guys that I picked out that will most likely see the most playing time, the average age is 28.31.

That's not old, that's the prime of careers.

Typical Cowboys fan, just spouts off guesses instead of information.

johnsmith
07-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Chargers>>>>>>>>Broncos

But again, we'll see.

TheSanityAnnex
07-12-2007, 01:37 PM
I liked this thread better the first time I read it. (http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=42627)
So did I. I'm not sure why I didn't include a link.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiconfused.gif

gaKNOW!blee
07-12-2007, 02:43 PM
So did I. I'm not sure why I didn't include a link.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiconfused.gifBecause you wanted people to think these were your own thought out ideas. And didnt think you would get caught.

TheSanityAnnex
07-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Because you wanted people to think these were your own thought out ideas. And didnt think you would get caught.Nice try. I'm one that puts links to things I grab from other boards, check my post history, not sure why I didn't here. But, that is not what this thread is about. This thread is about why the Broncos are not as good as they seem.

BUMP
07-12-2007, 09:45 PM
the average age is 28.31.

That's not old, that's the prime of careers.

prime of careers :lol

this is the NFL buddy, not the NBA.

TheTruth
07-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Nice, these weren't even Sanity's own thoughts. I'd rather have half my starters from a non playoff team turnover, then the ENTIRE coaching staff.

johnsmith
07-13-2007, 07:09 AM
prime of careers :lol

this is the NFL buddy, not the NBA.

How old is the best quarterback in the league?

How old is the best runningback in the league?

How old is the best receiver in the league?

How old is the best linebacker in the league?

How old is the best corner in the league?

Look up the ages jackass.

BUMP
07-13-2007, 08:12 AM
How old is the best quarterback in the league?

How old is the best runningback in the league?

How old is the best receiver in the league?

How old is the best linebacker in the league?

How old is the best corner in the league?

Look up the ages jackass.

No,

im talking bout the Broncos and their key players. Rod Smith, Lynch, Travis Henry they are getting up there in age. we'll see. it will just be a thread we can bump in the season

monosylab1k
07-13-2007, 09:36 AM
The AFC West is in bad shape. The Raiders are still horrible, Larry Johnson's knee is going to explode in week 6 (he might have close to 300 carries by then too), and you can NEVER underestimate the effect of Norv Turner's ineptitude.

The Broncos will win this division by default.

johnsmith
07-13-2007, 10:23 AM
No,

im talking bout the Broncos and their key players. Rod Smith, Lynch, Travis Henry they are getting up there in age. we'll see. it will just be a thread we can bump in the season

Ummmm, Rod Smith might not even be the number 3 receiver this season.

John Lynch, while having lost about five steps since his younger days, is still a smart player and knows how to get himself into the correct position so that speed doesn't play a factor.

Travis Henry is 28.

So yes, while this is just a thread, at least take a look at the team you are talking about.

Loose Cannon
07-13-2007, 10:25 AM

Tim Crowder has character issues?

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2007, 11:27 AM
I'd rather have half my starters from a non playoff team turnover, then the ENTIRE coaching staff.Your team was headed for the playoffs until your brilliant coaching staff decided to start your rookie QB. And I'd have to disagree with you on the whole coaching thing. People are making it out to be something bigger than it actually is. With the talent on the Chargers team already in place, I'm pretty sure I could coach them into the playoffs.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2007, 11:29 AM
and you can NEVER underestimate the effect of Norv Turner's ineptitude.

The Broncos will win this division by default.Do you really expect the most talented team in the entire league to miss the playoffs?

monosylab1k
07-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Do you really expect the most talented team in the entire league to miss the playoffs?
No, i dont. The Patriots will be in the playoffs.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2007, 11:47 AM
No, i dont. The Patriots will be in the playoffs.Not even close the Chargers talent wise, sorry.

monosylab1k
07-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Not even close the Chargers talent wise, sorry.
Other than LT, I'll take every starter for the Patriots position for position over whoever starts there for San Diego.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Other than LT, I'll take every starter for the Patriots position for position over whoever starts there for San Diego.That is laughable.

Loose Cannon
07-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Other than LT, I'll take every starter for the Patriots position for position over whoever starts there for San Diego.

Ben Watson over Antonio Gates? lmfao.

Loose Cannon
07-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Adalius Thomas over Merriman?
Heath Evans over Lorenzo Neal?
Matt Light over Marcnus McNeil?
Ellis Hobbs over Quentin Jammer?

:lol

johnsmith
07-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Your team was headed for the playoffs until your brilliant coaching staff decided to start your rookie QB. And I'd have to disagree with you on the whole coaching thing. People are making it out to be something bigger than it actually is. With the talent on the Chargers team already in place, I'm pretty sure I could coach them into the playoffs.

I still don't mind the switch to Cutler last season. Frankly, I think Shanahan was smart enough to recognize the fact that the Broncos, even if they went to the playoffs (which was very questionable at that point, and not as you put it "headed for the playoffs") weren't going to make any noise even if they did make it.

He gave him some playing time and got him a little used to the system and in the five games he started, while only going 2-3, he ended up with nearly a 90% passer rating.

Honestly, predicting this Broncos season is tough because as you said earlier, there are a lot of new faces. Having said that, I think the new faces will make a good fit and I look for the Broncos to take a Wild card at 10-6 with San Diego winning the division at 12-4.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2007, 12:40 PM
You'd take the Patriots Oline of Light, Menkins, Koppan, Neal, and Kaczur over the Chargers Oline consisting of McNeil, Dielman, Hardwick, Goff, and Olivea? Pack me a bowl of whatever you're smoking Mono cause you just plain crazy.

Rosevelt Colvin over Shaun Phillips?
Vince Wilfork over Jamal Williams?
Richard Seymour over Luis Castillo?

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2007, 12:43 PM
I still don't mind the switch to Cutler last season. Frankly, I think Shanahan was smart enough to recognize the fact that the Broncos, even if they went to the playoffs (which was very questionable at that point, and not as you put it "headed for the playoffs") weren't going to make any noise even if they did make it.

At the point of the QB swap, didn't you guys only have two losses?

Loose Cannon
07-13-2007, 12:44 PM
You'd take the Patriots Oline of Light, Menkins, Koppan, Neal, and Kaczur over the Chargers Oline consisting of McNeil, Dielman, Hardwick, Goff, and Olivea? Pack me a bowl of whatever you're smoking Mono cause you just plain crazy.

Colvin isa tough call because he's never healthy.

I would absolutely take Wilfork over Jamal Williams, and Richard Seymour is arguably the best defensive lineman in football. That one is as clear-cut as it gets.

johnsmith
07-13-2007, 12:47 PM
At the point of the QB swap, didn't you guys only have two losses?

We were 7-4 and Plummer had the third worst QB rating in the league.

6 out of the 7 wins were in spite of Plummer, not because of him.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Wilfork over Jamal? Why do you think Phillips and Merriman have so much success? Williams takes on double teams every time with ease.

Seymour is slowing down considerably, Castillo is young. Compare this last years stats with his previous years.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2007, 12:49 PM
We were 7-4 and Plummer had the third worst QB rating in the league.

6 out of the 7 wins were in spite of Plummer, not because of him.:lol

johnsmith
07-13-2007, 12:54 PM

Here's a good example of the kind of Quarterback Jake Plummer was for the Broncos last year. He gets yanked so that a rookie can start over him. He rides the pine for two games and in the third game Cutler gets his bell rung a bit. Plummer comes into the game. This is his chance to redeem himself as Cutler was struggling a bit in this particular game. Plummer hands the first snap off to his runningback. On his second snap, he rolls right, throws it deep down the sidelines...............right into double coverage for the interception.

He is consequently booed off the field by the Denver faithful.

I prefer to remember the Jake Plummer years as my "angry years".

greenroom
07-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Your team was headed for the playoffs until your brilliant coaching staff decided to start your rookie QB. And I'd have to disagree with you on the whole coaching thing. People are making it out to be something bigger than it actually is. With the talent on the Chargers team already in place, I'm pretty sure I could coach them into the playoffs.

Unlike the Chargers, the Broncos are not happy just to make the playoffs. The Broncos are looking for the long term and with the seasoning Cutler had will make the Broncos a lot better this year. Had Denver made the playoffs they would of been one and done... O wait just like the Chargers.

I agree the Chargers have a lot of talent, but for some reason they always choke it away.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Unlike the Chargers, the Broncos are not happy just to make the playoffs. The Broncos are looking for the long term and with the seasoning Cutler had will make the Broncos a lot better this year. Had Denver made the playoffs they would of been one and done... O wait just like the Chargers.

I agree the Chargers have a lot of talent, but for some reason they always choke it away.Who says the Chargers are just happy to make the playoffs? None of the fans I know would agree with you, and it doesn't look like the front office agrees with you either. Brees couldn't get it done, he was sent packing. Rivers was brought in to start, much like Cutler. I'm not sure how you can argue the Chargers aren't looking at the long term, especially when the Chargers have every key player signed to a long term contract. This team will be contending for a good five to six years.

monosylab1k
07-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Ben Watson over Antonio Gates? lmfao.
part of being a TE includes blocking.

and Watson is every bit as good of a receiver as Gates, he just got blanketed all year cuz the WR's were Reche Caldwell and 50 year old Troy Brown.

monosylab1k
07-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Adalius Thomas over Merriman?

Every day of the week. Merriman ain't shit when he's off the juice, and he's pretty overrated when he's on it.

Heath Evans over Lorenzo Neal?

Patriots don't even use their fullback much anyways so wgaf

Matt Light over Marcnus McNeil?

Matt Light is a badass. As the aforementioned Merriman, who Light turned into his personal bitch during the playoff game.

Ellis Hobbs over Quentin Jammer?

Nice try. Asante Samuel is the Patriots best corner, and he's definitely better than Jammer. Either way, Hobbs held his own just fine during the playoffs last year.

monosylab1k
07-13-2007, 02:08 PM

The Patriots Oline can be inconsistent, but they get the job done. Ask Shawne Merriman what he thinks of Matt Light, considering he got bent over and assfucked by him during the playoff game last year.

LMAO Seymour is so much better than Castillo that it's not even funny. Colvin is too injury prone but he's better than Philips. And Wilfork is turning into the best DT since Ted Washington's best years.

monosylab1k
07-13-2007, 02:09 PM
And that defense isn't gonna be nearly as effective without Wade Philips, especially cuz Norval is there to run the joint. San Diego goes 8-8, 9-7 tops.

BUMP
07-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Richard Seymour over any 3-4 defensive end

part of being a TE includes blocking.

and Watson is every bit as good of a receiver as Gates, he just got blanketed all year cuz the WR's were Reche Caldwell and 50 year old Troy Brown.

dont even start.

Gates is one of those guys that will keep D coordinators up all night due to the mismatches he creates. Ben Watson, tho a fine player, does not.

monosylab1k
07-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Gates is one of those guys that will keep D coordinators up all night due to the mismatches he creates. Ben Watson, tho a fine player, does not.

I'm not saying Gates isn't a great player. But Ben Watson has every physical gift Gates has. Explain to me how he was able to run down Champ Bailey.

johnsmith
07-13-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm not saying Gates isn't a great player. But Ben Watson has every physical gift Gates has. Explain to me how he was able to run down Champ Bailey.

Bailey let up at the 15 yard line because he did't see Watson coming.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great hussle play on Watson's part, but in a 100 yard dash, he's not catching Bailey.

monosylab1k
07-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Bailey let up at the 15 yard line because he did't see Watson coming.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great hussle play on Watson's part, but in a 100 yard dash, he's not catching Bailey.

He was also at the opposite side of the field as the interception, and had to run across the entire field. And Bailey didn't let up much.

Mavs > Spurs
07-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Pats needed a lucky fumble off an int, a long bomb on a 3rd down play, and a missed fg to barley survive against the Chargers. It took that much fucking up for the Pats to win that game. They will need that type of performance from the Chargers if they want to get past them again.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Pats needed a lucky fumble off an int, a long bomb on a 3rd down play, and a missed fg to barley survive against the Chargers. It took that much fucking up for the Pats to win that game. Don't forget the headbutt and the fumbled punt. That game was handed to them by the Chargers. But I can't take anything away from the Patriots. They kept their head in the game and prevailed.

I don't see it being the same this year.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Every day of the week. Merriman ain't shit when he's off the juice, and he's pretty overrated when he's on it.

He led the league in sacks and missed four games. Explain to me who a guy who does that and averages around 1.5 sacks a game is overrated.

Mavs > Spurs
07-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Don't forget the headbutt and the fumbled punt. That game was handed to them by the Chargers. But I can't take anything away from the Patriots. They kept their head in the game and prevailed.

I don't see it being the same this year.

Who are the chargers wideouts and how good are they? I know they have Eric Parker (dont know his stats from this year) and Gates but who else and how good are they?

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2007, 07:22 PM
This year I believe Vincent Jackson will earn the #1 spot with Malcolm Floyd #2 and Craig Davis #3. Jackson and Floyd are huge and present matchup problems for every cornerback they face. Davis is much quicker and can pick up yards after the catch very well. From what I've been reading from LSU fans, a lot of them said Davis will be a better receiver than Bowe.

Eric Parker was the dumbfuck who fumbled the punt, I don't want to see anymore of him.

monosylab1k
07-13-2007, 11:25 PM
He led the league in sacks and missed four games. Explain to me who a guy who does that and averages around 1.5 sacks a game is overrated.
Derrick Thomas could rack up a shitload of sacks in a season as well. Willie McGinest never racked up a ton of sacks but he certainly got the sacks that mattered most for his team. The next time Roid Rage Merriman gets a sack that matters will be the first.

Matt Light probably thinks Merriman is overrated.

Loose Cannon
07-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Ben Watson has every physical gift Gates has

:lol :lol :lol

mardigan
07-14-2007, 01:01 PM

Steroids
Ware>>Merriman

mardigan
07-14-2007, 01:01 PM
:lol :lol :lol
Agreed
Watson has really good speed and athleticism, but not on par with Gates, no one is really except maybe Tony Gonzles

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Steroids
Ware>>MerrimanThe steroid talk is old. He failed 1 out of 70 some odd tests he's taken since coming into the league.

mardigan
07-14-2007, 01:16 PM
The steroid talk is old. He failed 1 out of 70 some odd tests he's taken since coming into the league.
Its not old to me. He will have that shit said about him por vida
Ware's going to have more sacks than Merriman next year

johnsmith
07-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Its not old to me. He will have that shit said about him por vida
Ware's going to have more sacks than Merriman next year

Yeah, I tend to agree on that one. As long as he does that stupid fucking celebration, he'll always be a "roid rage" freak.

monosylab1k
07-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I tend to agree on that one. As long as he does that stupid fucking celebration, he'll always be a "roid rage" freak.
I'd love to see a video of "the worst CB in the league" fucking owning Merriman by doing that dance on their logo. All we got to see was pissypants sore loser LT cry about it after the fact.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Ware's going to have more sacks than Merriman next yearYou are crazy if you believe that.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2007, 09:16 PM
I'd love to see a video of "the worst CB in the league" fucking owning Merriman by doing that dance on their logo. All we got to see was pissypants sore loser LT cry about it after the fact.Dancing on another team's logo in midfield and mocking another player is far from winning with dignity. If I was a Patriots fan, I'd be embarrassed by what my team did.

Which team do you root for anyways, I'd like to talk some shit.

johnsmith
07-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Dancing on another team's logo in midfield and mocking another player is far from winning with dignity. If I was a Patriots fan, I'd be embarrassed by what my team did.

That's one thing about the Broncos Chargers rivalry, it's done with class.

John McClane
07-14-2007, 10:40 PM
I clicked on a threat about the Broncos being overrated and got some shit about the Chargers and their roided up idiot LB. The Chargers are finally good for once in forever, but why are they in this thread?

John McClane
07-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Dancing on another team's logo in midfield and mocking another player is far from winning with dignity. If I was a Patriots fan, I'd be embarrassed by what my team did.

Hmm, you don't seem to be too embarrassed about your star LB cheating

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Hmm, you don't seem to be too embarrassed about your star LB cheatingAn olympic athlete that had taken the same supplement as him just won a court case for a tainted supplement that got him suspended from the olympics.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

Regardless, he served his suspension. What is there to be embarrassed about?

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2007, 10:59 PM
That's one thing about the Broncos Chargers rivalry, it's done with class.Agreed, but fuck Tom Nalen that cheap ass piece of shit.

BUMP
07-15-2007, 06:53 AM
That's one thing about the Broncos Chargers rivalry, it's done with class.

its even a rivalry?

Ginofan
07-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Do you really expect the most talented team in the entire league to miss the playoffs?
you keep calling this the most talented team in the NFL. LT, Gates, Merriman, Castillo, The OLine, and?????????

Your receivers suck, your secondary isn't that good, where is all this talent at?

Ginofan
07-15-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm still laughing at Sanity trying to pass the list off as his own. Funny shit. Good catch Timvp. I need to go back to all the arguments Sanity and I had last season, and see which posts were stolen from that site.

-Truth

monosylab1k
07-15-2007, 11:36 AM

Cowboys fan. And DeMarcus Ware > Roid Man. Especially now that he's gonna be in Wade's system, we're going to see firsthand how much better Ware is.

Let's see Merriman get double digit sack numbers in a stodgy, old ass, conservative as fuck system like what Parcells had.

gaKNOW!blee
07-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Cowboys fan. And DeMarcus Ware > Roid Man. Especially now that he's gonna be in Wade's system, we're going to see firsthand how much better Ware is.

Let's see Merriman get double digit sack numbers in a stodgy, old ass, conservative as fuck system like what Parcells had.
he probably could....in 12 games too. Yes Merriman was on roids and that might be why, but he is better than Ware.

TheSanityAnnex
07-15-2007, 12:51 PM
you keep calling this the most talented team in the NFL. LT, Gates, Merriman, Castillo, The OLine, and?????????

Your receivers suck, your secondary isn't that good, where is all this talent at?Did you see how many Chargers made the probowl last year? And how can you leave Rivers and Kaeding off the list?

Talent also includes depth, not that I expect you to know about the Chargers backups or anything. Name me a more talented team.

TheSanityAnnex
07-15-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm still laughing at Sanity trying to pass the list off as his own. Funny shit. Good catch Timvp. I need to go back to all the arguments Sanity and I had last season, and see which posts were stolen from that site.

-TruthGo ahead and go through my post history, you won't find shit. As I said before, I always put a link when I grab something from another board or website. Simple mistake. And the Broncos still suck.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gif

greenroom
07-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Go ahead and go through my post history, you won't find shit. As I said before, I always put a link when I grab something from another board or website. Simple mistake. And the Broncos still suck.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gif

Typical Chargers fan. Always with excuses when they screw up.

Chargers will always be the team that comes up short when it matters.. They can never finish the job.

monosylab1k
07-15-2007, 03:21 PM
he probably could....in 12 games too. Yes Merriman was on roids and that might be why, but he is better than Ware.
There's no way. Parcells was using Ware more for pass coverage than he did for pass rush. How many sacks could Merriman get if the total number of times he could go after the QB was cut in half and instead he had to cover a TE or RB?

greenroom
07-15-2007, 04:10 PM
The steroid talk is old. He failed 1 out of 70 some odd tests he's taken since coming into the league.

Still one more time than Barry Bonds :lol

So yes Merriman does not get a pass

BIG z
07-17-2007, 12:58 AM
But i think they had one of the best drafts steal on getting Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder, there Defense is going to be pretty good but the only downside is see might be the QB.

BUMP
07-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Name me a more talented team.
if we want to go by sheer talent, i think its the Ravens that are the best.

McNair, Heap (2nd best TE in the leauge IMO), Derrick Mason, McGahee, large, strong offensive line. and thats just the offense.

on defense......

you have Rolle, McAllister, Reed in the 2ndary. Bart Scott and the dominant Lewis at MLB. Suggs and Pryce at DE, Gregg and Ngata are fairly consistent.

lets not sleep on Matt Stover. one of the best/clutch kickers in the game.