PDA

View Full Version : Lebron wins Best NBA player at ESPYS

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 12:00 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2933538

Lebrick, Lebomb, Lebroom, whatever you want to call him won Best NBA player. What a freakin joke :lol . The ESPYS are a crock of shit. Tim Duncan is the best player in the NBA, and no, I don't expect him to win, but Lebomb winning is ridiculous. Its ludacris. Furthermore Lebomb came out at the beginning of the show on a thrown and Jimmy Kimmel kissed his "ring". What fucking ring! Did Timmy lend him one of his 4. Give me a break. Is it fan voting plus commitee voting? It has to be. I doubt NBA fans country wide view Lebrick as the best NBA Player.

E20
07-12-2007, 12:06 AM
The ESPY's were on?

milkyway21
07-12-2007, 12:08 AM
it is a joke, right?

and Durant skipped summer league game for ESPY? :D
Durant, the second overall pick in last month's draft, was nominated for three ESPY Awards. He averaged 25.8 points as a freshman at Texas and won national player of the year honors.

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 12:09 AM
The ESPY's were on?

They happened tonight, but will be broadcast on Sunday

SpursFanFirst
07-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Did the Spurs win anything? I tried looking on ESPN, but it said the awards wouldn't be made known until the show airs.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just read the link. :depressed

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Did the Spurs win anything? I tried looking on ESPN, but it said the awards wouldn't be made known until the show airs.

Lol, nah we didn't win anything. Didn't expect to either.

sabar
07-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Joke.

Kobe is a better player too, so this is even more of a joke if you ignored the playoffs. There's no way Lebron should beat anyone if you consider the playoffs, and no way Lebron should beat TD or Kobe if it's just the regular season. This is flawed on multiple levels.

Supreme_Being
07-12-2007, 12:24 AM
It's not even funny.

sa_kid20
07-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Lebron best nba player?

:lol :lol :lol

Switchman
07-12-2007, 12:57 AM
ESPN is a fucking joke.

coachmac87
07-12-2007, 01:03 AM
ESPN is a fucking joke.

true but those commercials get me every time :lol

and dont act surprised he won..he voted for himself like a million times

possessed
07-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Popularity contest, just like any other awards show.

milkyway21
07-12-2007, 01:57 AM
pls post here who won in the boxing category :D

Spurs rock
07-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Let LeBroom have his ESPY, Timmy has the ring(s). ;)

Dingle Barry
07-12-2007, 02:53 AM
Nike has more than one vote

Obstructed_View
07-12-2007, 07:18 AM

Lebrick, Lebomb, Lebroom, whatever you want to call him won Best NBA player. What a freakin joke :lol . The ESPYS are a crock of shit. Tim Duncan is the best player in the NBA, and no, I don't expect him to win, but Lebomb winning is ridiculous. Its ludacris. Furthermore Lebomb came out at the beginning of the show on a thrown and Jimmy Kimmel kissed his "ring". What fucking ring! Did Timmy lend him one of his 4. Give me a break. Is it fan voting plus commitee voting? It has to be. I doubt NBA fans country wide view Lebrick as the best NBA Player.
http://www.daveyd.com/ludacris97.jpg

mikeanthony21
07-12-2007, 07:27 AM
ESPN is a fucking joke.

That's why it's called "B"SPN.

jmard5
07-12-2007, 08:18 AM

Furthermore Lebomb came out at the beginning of the show on a thrown and Jimmy Kimmel kissed his "ring".

I know this is a typo error on your part. Well, anyway... if that award happened April Fools day, I would understand.

Tsk.

CubanMustGo
07-12-2007, 08:21 AM
The only thing "thrown" was the vote. The "best NBA Player" shot under 36% in the Finals and 20% from beyond the arc?

Eternally Sucking Posterboy Network strikes again.

Spurminator
07-12-2007, 08:53 AM
This is as big a travesty as the winner of "Best Screen Couple" at the MTV Movie Awards and "Hottest Ass" at the Guys Choice Awards!

King
07-12-2007, 09:01 AM
You guys are awful sensitive about a popularity contest. It's not based on anything other than popularity. ESPN is a business before it's unbiased sports reporting, and Lebron is a cash cow, so they market him. Tim isn't, so they don't. And it doesn't effect the Spurs' ability to win in the least, so why do you care? If Tim had won, then what? You going to sleep better at night? Does it somehow validate everything they've done?

Stop looking for media validation in everything.

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 09:06 AM
You guys are awful sensitive about a popularity contest. It's not based on anything other than popularity. ESPN is a business before it's unbiased sports reporting, and Lebron is a cash cow, so they market him. Tim isn't, so they don't. And it doesn't effect the Spurs' ability to win in the least, so why do you care? If Tim had won, then what? You going to sleep better at night? Does it somehow validate everything they've done?

Stop looking for media validation in everything.

Not looking for media validation. Just noting the hypeshit that is Lebron. The guy is talented but he is no where near the best player in the NBA. Him coming out on a kings throne and Kimmel kissing his "ring" is fucking stupid.

samikeyp
07-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Eternally Sucking Posterboy Network strikes again

:lmao

Good one! :tu

Oh, Gee!!
07-12-2007, 09:21 AM
They happened tonight, but will be broadcast on Sunday

that is dumb, why not show it live?

King
07-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Not looking for media validation. Just noting the hypeshit that is Lebron. The guy is talented but he is no where near the best player in the NBA. Him coming out on a kings throne and Kimmel kissing his "ring" is fucking stupid.

I think Jessica Alba and Justin Timberlake were nominated for Teen's Choice Awards for best actress/actor - where's the outrage there? Because they have about as much relevance to their respective field as the ESPYs do to sports.

Oh, Gee!!
07-12-2007, 09:24 AM
what are they trying to hide?

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 12:13 PM
I think Jessica Alba and Justin Timberlake were nominated for Teen's Choice Awards for best actress/actor - where's the outrage there? Because they have about as much relevance to their respective field as the ESPYs do to sports.

Don't be an idiot

41times
07-12-2007, 02:30 PM
First we probably ought to define "best player" and while you are at it, define "Most Valuable Player"

But i really have no problem with either Kobe or LeBron being named "best player" because individually they probably are the best players in the league.

If you played a game of 1 on 1 with every starter in the NBA participating who would win? Chances are it would be LeBron or Kobe. That is sort of how i would determine who the best player is.

Now as far as MVP i look at it like this, without him who's team is "more worse" and with him whos team gets the most "better" that's how i look a Value.
Timmy is always going to be in the top 5 of this list.

I also like the theory that if you line up every player in the league and each General Manager gets 1 pick to start his team, who gets picked 1st, 2nd and so on.....I think again guys like Kobe, LeBron are 2 of the first 3 or 4 picked.

I also look at what LeBron and Kobe have to work with. Overall, the rest of their teams are below average.

Try this experiment. Switch Duncan and Kobe or Duncan and LeBron. Either way the Spurs would be awesome with either Kobe or LeBron and Cleveland and the Lakers would both still be 50 win teams at best. What i am trying to say is that Timmy is surrounded by far more and far better talent than those two. So he is bolstered a bit by that.

Oh, Gee!!
07-12-2007, 02:32 PM
but he's not a spur, so he can't be the best

florige
07-12-2007, 03:27 PM
The same ESPN that when we won the West against Utah they had Kobe Bryant as their lead story and the Spurs as the 3rd leading story while EVERY other network had the Spurs as the top story. Even our local newspaper here in Baltimore had the Spurs as the top story. I'm surprised when we won the Championship they didn't have a tribute to Barbaro as their lead story.

ducks
07-12-2007, 03:28 PM
espn can go to hell

ObiwanGinobili
07-12-2007, 03:48 PM

WTF???? seriously?? omg. such utter bullshit. I am sooooo glad I didn't watch that shit. :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 03:56 PM
First we probably ought to define "best player" and while you are at it, define "Most Valuable Player"

But i really have no problem with either Kobe or LeBron being named "best player" because individually they probably are the best players in the league.

If you played a game of 1 on 1 with every starter in the NBA participating who would win? Chances are it would be LeBron or Kobe. That is sort of how i would determine who the best player is.

Now as far as MVP i look at it like this, without him who's team is "more worse" and with him whos team gets the most "better" that's how i look a Value.
Timmy is always going to be in the top 5 of this list.

I also like the theory that if you line up every player in the league and each General Manager gets 1 pick to start his team, who gets picked 1st, 2nd and so on.....I think again guys like Kobe, LeBron are 2 of the first 3 or 4 picked.

I also look at what LeBron and Kobe have to work with. Overall, the rest of their teams are below average.

Try this experiment. Switch Duncan and Kobe or Duncan and LeBron. Either way the Spurs would be awesome with either Kobe or LeBron and Cleveland and the Lakers would both still be 50 win teams at best. What i am trying to say is that Timmy is surrounded by far more and far better talent than those two. So he is bolstered a bit by that.

Does the Best player in the NBA throw brick after brick up and lead his team to zero wins in the Final? No. Switch Lebron with Kobe and he probably gets the Cavs 2 wins against the Spurs. Switch Lebron and Kobe with Duncan and the Cavs and Lakers are a 50 win team, but the Spurs would be a low seed with Lebron and and middle to high seed with Kobe, because you would be losing Duncan and his ability to control the paint on both ends of the floor.

Talent wise, Kobe is the best. His athelticisim is amazing and he can hit from anywhere on the floor. Lebron can't hit anywhere from the floor.
No one does it better than Duncan on both ends of the floor. He has consistantly been on All NBA First Team and All NBA First Team Defense. He does it on offense and is an amazing defender. And he makes his teammates better. Oh, and he's won 4 championships.

You can make that argument that GMs would pick Kobe or Lebron to start off their teams with, but if you throw every player in the league in a pool, while they were all still young and starting their careers off, you'd get Shaq and Duncan picked 1 & 2 in no particular order. And if you throw all the players in the history of the NBA in a pool together, Duncan is still top 5, while Lebron isn't even top 10, but I digress...
Point is its just laughable that ESPN deemed him the best NBA player.

41times
07-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Does the Best player in the NBA throw brick after brick up and lead his team to zero wins in the Final? No. Switch Lebron with Kobe and he probably gets the Cavs 2 wins against the Spurs. Switch Lebron and Kobe with Duncan and the Cavs and Lakers are a 50 win team, but the Spurs would be a low seed with Lebron and and middle to high seed with Kobe, because you would be losing Duncan and his ability to control the paint on both ends of the floor.

Talent wise, Kobe is the best. His athelticisim is amazing and he can hit from anywhere on the floor. Lebron can't hit anywhere from the floor.
No one does it better than Duncan on both ends of the floor. He has consistantly been on All NBA First Team and All NBA First Team Defense. He does it on offense and is an amazing defender. And he makes his teammates better. Oh, and he's won 4 championships.

You can make that argument that GMs would pick Kobe or Lebron to start off their teams with, but if you throw every player in the league in a pool, while they were all still young and starting their careers off, you'd get Shaq and Duncan picked 1 & 2 in no particular order. And if you throw all the players in the history of the NBA in a pool together, Duncan is still top 5, while Lebron isn't even top 10, but I digress...
Point is its just laughable that ESPN deemed him the best NBA player.

Laughable, no. Not today. We are talking about the players ability today. Like i said, Kobe might be 1 but Lebron is still probably 2. My point is that this award is based on indiviual performances not team performance. It makes no difference how many championships your team won for this award.

Both Kobe and LBJ would beat Duncan in a 1 on 1 game. It would be close but they would win.

And tap the brakes a little with the Top 5 of all time talk. I agree that Duncan is one of the greatest players ever. But if you want to argue who are the greatest players of all time while in their prime.............Duncan does not even crack the top 15. I love him but he just doesnt.

Here is the list in no particular order: I will highlight the ones who IMO are greater for sure and there may be more like Kobe too.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Nate Archibald

Paul Arizin

Charles Barkley

Rick Barry

Elgin Baylor

Dave Bing

Larry Bird

Wilt Chamberlain

Bob Cousy

Dave Cowens

Billy Cunningham

Dave DeBusschere

Clyde Drexler

Julius Erving

Patrick Ewing

Walt Frazier

George Gervin

Hal Greer

John Havlicek

Elvin Hayes

Magic Johnson

Sam Jones

Michael Jordan

Jerry Lucas

Karl Malone

Moses Malone

Pete Maravich

Kevin McHale

George Mikan

Earl Monroe

Hakeem Olajuwon

Shaquille O'Neal

Robert Parish

Bob Pettit

Scottie Pippen

Willis Reed

Oscar Robertson

David Robinson

Bill Russell

Dolph Schayes

Bill Sharman

John Stockton

Isiah Thomas

Nate Thurmond

Wes Unseld

Bill Walton

Jerry West

Lenny Wilkens

James Worthy

pad300
07-12-2007, 04:38 PM

Are you on crack?

Switch Duncan for Kobe/Lebron and what happens. 1) the Spurs bigs are THE worst line up in the league. 2) Our defensive play collapses; particularly if it's Lebron, because he takes Bowen's spot and is not a capable defender. Kobe can play defense, if motivated. 3) Our chemistry and teamwork collapses. Can you see either Lebron or Kobe accepting Tony's current play style. Can you see either Lebron or Kobe drawing a double team and then holding it by setting a screen, when Tony drives to the basket, to prevent the help defense from cutting Tony off.

Net result: The spurs would not be a championship contender. The Lakers, with Duncan in place of Kobe, Odom, Walton would be (combined, that is the best front court 3,4,5 in the league). Cleveland with Duncan switched for Lebron wouldn't be (their backcourt is too limited), but they would still come out of the East.

PS. MARAVICH IS FOR SURE GREATER THAN DUNCAN?!? You're a FUCKING MORON!

sammy
07-12-2007, 05:17 PM
The Spurs don't win anything on the BSPN Espy's according to the Ticket 760 and the Express News! The ESPY's is a crock and joke! Lebroom does not deserve to be listed! Ridiculous! :bang

King
07-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Don't be an idiot

Ok, so I'll just bitch about an irrelevant award that really has no bearing on anything. It's voted for by the fans. The same fans who vote in injured all-stars. It's a popularity contest - that's all it is and that's all it has ever been. And people are up in arms because Tim didn't win it.

You want to see who wins the ESPY? See whose jersey is the top seller.

I just don't get why people complain so much if the Spurs aren't the top story everywhere. Sports are decided on the floor - businesses are decided in the bottom line. And ESPN is far more of a business than unbiased sports reporting/marketing.

Tek_XX
07-12-2007, 07:33 PM
No one should be surprised that Lebron won, he's one of the better players in the league and also David Stern got 10,000,000 votes. If only the pesky Spurs would have gotten out of the heir apparents way.