PDA

View Full Version : D'Antoni: "Grant's decision to play here has a lot to do with our medical staff."

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2007, 12:30 AM
:lol

That was Mike's comment at the Grant Hill press conference that I'm watching right now on Fox Sports Arizona. That wouldn't be very encouraging to me if I was a Suns fan. :lol

I guess he's going to wear 33 in spite of Alvin Adam's number being retired in Phoenix.

It sounds like Phoenix has promised Grant significant minutes. He really wants playing time which I'm sure San Antonio wasn't going to promise him.

Steve Kerr basically said that Hill will play significant minutes and could very well start. We'll see how long that lasts.

I'm glad that the Spurs don't make promises to these guys that they don't intend to keep just to get them to ink deals.

I wonder if Grant Hill still drinks Sprite.

Steve-O-Matic
07-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Alvin Adams was a "nice" player, but retired jersey-caliber?!

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2007, 12:33 AM

I wonder if Avery Johnson will be granting permission to some future Spur to wear no. 6 someday.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Grant Hill for 30 minutes a night? Pop the champagne...

coachmac87
07-12-2007, 12:55 AM
so he used the medical staff as the reason???? did winning a championship come out of his mouth?? if not...then damn

sabar
07-12-2007, 12:59 AM
The medical team that can't fix Nash's nose is going to fix Hill's body?

JMarkJohns
07-12-2007, 01:04 AM
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6267/dantoniscanro3.jpg
"Why don't people think I can manage a Title-winning team?! I'm a good coach, goddamn it! When the fuck am I going to get the credit I deserve?! FUCK!!! And hell no, I ain't whining! I'm merely passionately expressing a concern I've noticed, or should I say that's been pointed out to me since it can be said, that I coach with my eyes closed!"

JMarkJohns
07-12-2007, 01:04 AM
In all seriousness, I just pray it goes better than their last signing named "Grant"...

coachmac87
07-12-2007, 01:05 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

coachmac87
07-12-2007, 01:05 AM
In all seriousness, I just pray it goes better than their last signing named "Grant"...

in all seriousness...it wont :p:

spurscenter
07-12-2007, 02:20 AM
Hill will shut it down in Dec. for good.

ShoogarBear
07-12-2007, 02:23 AM
In another six years, the Suns can sign Rashard Lewis.

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 02:37 AM

thier a medical team, not miracle workers.

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 02:39 AM

funny i was thinking the same fucking thing about Johnny Moore.

Dave McNulla
07-12-2007, 02:42 AM

That was Mike's comment at the Grant Hill press conference that I'm watching right now on Fox Sports Arizona. That wouldn't be very encouraging to me if I was a Suns fan. :lol

I guess he's going to wear 33 in spite of Alvin Adam's number being retired in Phoenix.

It sounds like Phoenix has promised Grant significant minutes. He really wants playing time which I'm sure San Antonio wasn't going to promise him.

Steve Kerr basically said that Hill will play significant minutes and could very well start. We'll see how long that lasts.

I'm glad that the Spurs don't make promises to these guys that they don't intend to keep just to get them to ink deals.

I wonder if Grant Hill still drinks Sprite.how ironic, i thought you were talking about brian grant.

Buddy Holly
07-12-2007, 03:36 AM
funny i was thinking the same fucking thing about Johnny Moore.

Johnny Moore is your poppa kid. Respect the man.

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 03:37 AM
Johnny Moore is your poppa kid. Respect the man.

Johnny Moore, never heard of him...

JPB
07-12-2007, 04:30 AM
Johnny Moore, never heard of him...

So why did you mention him first ?

yourcheatinheart
07-12-2007, 04:43 AM
So why did you mention him first ?

i didn't. someone brought up alvin adams being a "retired jersey caliber???". so i said who's johnny moore??

dg7md
07-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Grant Hill signing with the Suns was the Spurs' best off season move.

Gros Membres!
07-12-2007, 09:27 AM
I've really stayed out of this conversation because I like Hill a lot - great character guy. But how on earth does a guy with his body breaking down, at the end of his career, choose to play with a highly athletic, uptempo style team? It just makes no sense to me. I wish him the best but can't see this turning out well for the Phoenix fans or the team.

VaSpursFan
07-12-2007, 09:29 AM

:lol :lol :lol :toast

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 09:33 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

:danceclub

Spurminator
07-12-2007, 09:38 AM

:wtf

What is the point of having retired jerseys then? Decoration?

Whether Alvin Adams is a legendary player or not, his time with the Suns was obviously special enough for the team and fans to pay him this tribute. You're going to throw the terms of a jersey retirement out the window for a moderate free agent who hasn't been an All Star quality player in the last 7 years?

samikeyp
07-12-2007, 09:39 AM
i didn't. someone brought up alvin adams being a "retired jersey caliber???". so i said who's johnny moore??

What is this, 7th grade?

"You dissed my player so imma gonna diss yours cause I gots to represent!"

:lmao

I guess the nanny nanny boo boo post is next?

Alvan Adams (can't even spell your own players name right) was to Phoenix what Johnny Moore was to SA. A fan favorite who, while not NBA Hall of Fame material, endeared himself to the fan base as a hard worker and someone who gave their all every night.

samikeyp
07-12-2007, 09:40 AM
What is the point of having retired jerseys then? Decoration?

Whether Alvin Adams is a legendary player or not, his time with the Suns was obviously special enough for the team and fans to pay him this tribute. You're going to throw the terms of a jersey retirement out the window for a moderate free agent who hasn't been an All Star quality player in the last 7 years?

I agree.

If Adams is ok with it, then I would be too but if they are doing it only because Hill wants it, IMO that is disrespectful.

E20
07-12-2007, 09:42 AM
The Suns just got shittier.

SpursFanFirst
07-12-2007, 09:42 AM
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6267/dantoniscanro3.jpg
"Why don't people think I can manage a Title-winning team?! I'm a good coach, goddamn it! When the fuck am I going to get the credit I deserve?! FUCK!!! And hell no, I ain't whining! I'm merely passionately expressing a concern I've noticed, or should I say that's been pointed out to me since it can be said, that I coach with my eyes closed!"

THAT was hilarious!!!! :lmao

Spurminator
07-12-2007, 10:01 AM
If Adams is ok with it, then I would be too but if they are doing it only because Hill wants it, IMO that is disrespectful.

I'm sure they got Adams' permission but what was he going to say? If the Suns/Hill really respected him, they wouldn't put him in that position.

No big deal really, it just kind of renders the jersey retirement meaningless.

"No one will ever wear number 33 for the Suns again... unless they want to and you say you don't have a problem with it. Thank you for everything you've done."

picnroll
07-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Seems like Hill is a bit of a prima donna. The noble thing would be to play with another number and respect a guy's retired jersey. If the Suns don't give Hill his minutes and pull a Rose they'll have some even more messed up chemistry to add to the other prima donnas Amare and Marion.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm sure they got Adams' permission but what was he going to say? If the Suns/Hill really respected him, they wouldn't put him in that position.

No big deal really, it just kind of renders the jersey retirement meaningless.

"No one will ever wear number 33 for the Suns again... unless they want to and you say you don't have a problem with it. Thank you for everything you've done."

In the press conference they said Adams was "honored" to have Hill wear his number, but also said Grant hasn't talked directly to AA.

If I were Hill I'd of taken a different jersey number. It's not like 33 has been all that lucky for him anyway. Didn't his dad wear 35 for the Cowboys? That would have been pretty cool.

michaelwcho
07-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Let's face it guys, eventually we're going to be taking the kid gloves off and go at Hill, since he is a Sun after all.

I agree with the earlier poster who said that Grant Hill was a great signing for the Spurs.

samikeyp
07-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Didn't his dad wear 35 for the Cowboys?

Yes.

da_suns_fan__
07-12-2007, 10:51 AM
This is the 8th official thread about the Suns signing Grant Hill.

Again, jealous?

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2007, 10:55 AM

Again, jealous?

I am. They are soooo good.

Willinsa
07-12-2007, 11:37 AM

Again, jealous?

Yeah Jealous that he will be out by December and not be part of another Spurs series win over the whiny bitchy suns.

ehz33satx
07-12-2007, 11:41 AM

Again, jealous?

Yes. Very. :rolleyes

ehz33satx
07-12-2007, 11:47 AM
I don't know how we can possibly win the championship now with you guys having signed Grant Hill. All is lost! :depressed

da_suns_fan__
07-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Maybe Hill wanted to be part of the solution rather than the problem.

The Go For 4
07-12-2007, 01:55 PM
A perfect fit for Hill and the Suns:

Hill- 0 Titles
Suns- 0 Titles

Xylus
07-12-2007, 02:09 PM
A perfect fit for Hill and the Suns:

Hill- 0 Titles
Suns- 0 Titles
Clever, hadn't heard that one before.

Grant Hill > James Jones. And that's that.

41times
07-12-2007, 03:02 PM
He chose 33 because that's how many games he will last before he's injured and has to sit out the rest of the season.

and who is it on the Suns medical staff that is so dam great anyway, Marcus Freaking Welby?

Findog
07-12-2007, 03:13 PM
He chose 33 because that's how many games he will last before he's injured and has to sit out the rest of the season.

and who is it on the Suns medical staff that is so dam great anyway, Marcus Freaking Welby?

Trapper John perhaps?

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Clever, hadn't heard that one before.

Grant Hill > James Jones. And that's that.

Actually it's more like in the Suns system, James Jones> Grant Hill. An old worn down guy with bad ankles will never be able to run with Nash for 82 games. And plus Phoenix style of play requires 3 point shooters for Nash to kick out to.

Findog
07-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Actually it's more like in the Suns system, James Jones> Grant Hill. An old worn down guy with bad ankles will never be able to run with Nash for 82 games. And plus Phoenix style of play requires 3 point shooters for Nash to kick out to.

Not disagreeing with that, but I still think it's a good signing for them. He can run the offense when Nash is getting a breather. Plus he's got a high basketball IQ. If D'Antoni is smart, he'll limit his minutes during the regular season and save him for the playoffs.

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Not disagreeing with that, but I still think it's a good signing for them. He can run the offense when Nash is getting a breather. Plus he's got a high basketball IQ. If D'Antoni is smart, he'll limit his minutes during the regular season and save him for the playoffs.

:lol D'Antoini isn't smart. I've heard from some sources that Hill may even start.

ShoogarBear
07-12-2007, 03:27 PM
If D'Antoni is smart:lmao

Findog
07-12-2007, 03:28 PM
:lol D'Antoini isn't smart. I've heard from some sources that Hill may even start.

I think he's problem is that he's stubborn and inflexible. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of a bench and holding guys minutes down in the low to mid thirties during the regular season. Mavs and Suns had the best records but they also played their starters the most during the regular season. I think Duncan led the Spurs at around 35 mpg during the regular season. Spurs understand how to pace themselves.

Xylus
07-12-2007, 03:34 PM
The system is irrelevant in this case. If James Jones was a good addition to the system, we wouldn't have gotten rid of his relatively inexpensive contract for virtually nothing.

Grant Hill can create his own shot, has a good midrange jumper, and only cost us $1.8 mil, which was cheaper than Jones. Jones was a slightly better defender, but it's not like he played a whole lot of minutes anyway.

tiga
07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8148/nashkl3.jpg

grant hill drinks sprite!
he'll keep up with nash & co... :sleep

ShoogarBear
07-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I think he's problem is that he's stubborn and inflexible. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of a bench and holding guys minutes down in the low to mid thirties during the regular season. Mavs and Suns had the best records but they also played their starters the most during the regular season. I think Duncan led the Spurs at around 35 mpg during the regular season. Spurs understand how to pace themselves.The 2007 Spurs were the second team in NBA history to win the championship without having a player average over 35 minutes a game.

The 2005 Spurs were the first.

SequSpur
07-12-2007, 03:51 PM
in other news................

the spurs resigned bonner and vaughn.....

:cry

Shred
07-12-2007, 05:06 PM
The obsession continues....

The Go For 4
07-12-2007, 05:19 PM

How many championships do you all have? I think being obsessed with champions is ok.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2007, 05:23 PM

Says the Suns fan posting on a Spurs site.

JMarkJohns
07-12-2007, 05:28 PM
How many championships do you all have?

So long as I can take a liberty and change "Championship" to "Title", then...

We are the most popular team in the League, so the Title of "Most Fun" is one. We are the media's favorite, so the Title of "Most Hyped" is two. We are the most individual award winningest team in the last three years, so the Title of "Most Celebrated" is three. We easily had had the most white players last season twixt players and coaches, so the Title of "Most Vanilla" os four. And, lastly, but certainly not reality, we are the only team with an owner who flaps his arms like a chicken, so the Title of "Best Owner Turned Farm Animal" is five...

So that's five. Suns have five Titles, Spurs have four.

OH! Wait! The Suns are also the longest tenured sports franchise to never win a Championship, so the Title of "NBA's Spinster" is six.

Six Titles...

:rolleyes :nope :bang :pctoss

Hemotivo
07-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Says the Suns fan posting on a Spurs site.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :dizzy

clubalien
07-12-2007, 07:00 PM
I've really stayed out of this conversation because I like Hill a lot - great character guy. But how on earth does a guy with his body breaking down, at the end of his career, choose to play with a highly athletic, uptempo style team? It just makes no sense to me. I wish him the best but can't see this turning out well for the Phoenix fans or the team.

Peoples keep telling me how going to the suns is bad because they are a high tempo team. BUT wouldn't that be better for grant

wouldn't an attack the rim player like grant hill just improve his game with passes b y nash, and the run and gun style of play?

I mean if parker was signed by the spurs don't you think he could up his game by playing next to nash moving from a half court spurs team

ShoogarBear
07-12-2007, 08:02 PM
In some ways, the style helps Hill because he won't be expected to play physically. If he had come to the Spurs, Pop would demand he play defense, which potentially could result in greater wear and tear over the season.

Playing D'Antoni ball for not more than 20-25 MPG might work out okay for Grant.

Kriz-Maxima
07-12-2007, 10:17 PM
How many games has Grant Hill played in the last 7 seasons? Now they are gonna force his ankles to start running in the suns up tempo style?

eer good luck

WHo knows it might work...maybe...it could happen.

Shred
07-13-2007, 06:06 AM
How many games has Grant Hill played in the last 7 seasons? Now they are gonna force his ankles to start running in the suns up tempo style?

eer good luck

WHo knows it might work...maybe...it could happen.

The great thing about this board is the number of orthopedic surgeons we have posting on it, who can bring their medical insight and knowledge to the discussion.

Just a reminder, this was yet another Suns/Grant Hill thread started by a Spur fan. ttt

da_suns_fan__
07-13-2007, 09:28 AM
The great thing about this board is the number of orthopedic surgeons we have posting on it, who can bring their medical insight and knowledge to the discussion.

Just a reminder, this was yet another Suns/Grant Hill thread started by a Spur fan. ttt

Eight and counting.