PDA

View Full Version : Can some French fan corroborate this?

drmvp
07-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi everybody::

on I TELE, a french channel i just heard Mike PIETRUS say " Mike to tu the SPURS is a reality (faisable in french), i would like to play with TP!!!"

lest see soon...i really think he will sign ti the spurs!!

Sorry, I won't provide a link to where I saw this. It's really not that important unless someone here can substantiate it.

It sure would be nice if true.

Could this explain in any way why Ludden has been priming fans to expect the Butler/White departures?

Was CIA Pop's trip to Tony's wedding just a front for some super secretive meeting with Pietrus?

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm assuming that was a recent entry. The reason is that he had been quoted earlier (about 6 weeks ago, IIRC) as saying something similiar.

Admidave50
07-12-2007, 10:27 AM
I didn't hear it in France but he said something like that weeks or months ago.

drmvp
07-12-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm assuming that was a recent entry. The reason is that he had been quoted earlier (about 6 weeks ago, IIRC) as saying something similiar.

Yeah, the guy who's reporting this says he just heard it on French TV. He's all giddy and says he's now 100% sure that Pietrus is coming to the Spurs.

I'd sure like some verification from other French fans before I get too excited though.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Mickael Pietrus – After the Pietrus to Toronto rumors failed to materialize, the market for MP appeared to cool significantly. Much like Pietrus’ game, his contract offers could be all over the place. Kapono reportedly got a 4 year, $24 million deal from the Raptors, essentially eating up their entire mid-level. That seems like a lot, but you could make the argument that MP is a better all-around player than Jason even if he’s less of a shooter. Luke Walton signed a 6 year, $30 million deal with the Lakers. Walton provides a more rounded and consistent, if less exciting and explosive, game than Pietrus. Last week, Matt Carroll reportedly agreed to a 6 year, $27 million deal with the Bobcats. Again, a one or two dimensional player landed a deal around $5 mil a year. My guess? Pietrus finds that most of the teams in need of small forwards have already spent their money. He gets an offer sheet in the $4-5 million range from a team and the Warriors decide not to match it. So long Mickael, thanks for the missed free throws.

link (http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/warriors/2007/07/10/free-agents-get-out-your-pens/)

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 10:39 AM
The Spurs will have to shed some salary before they contemplate using their MLE in light of where they are vis a vis the lux tax threshold.

kyleo
07-12-2007, 10:39 AM
The poster was excited because Pietrus seemed to intimate with his smile that he'd be joining the Spurs, as least in his view. But all Pietrus actually said was it's very feasible, and that he'd like to play with Tony Parker. Marcus is right though, this isn't too different than what he's said earlier.

drmvp
07-12-2007, 10:40 AM
So long Mickael, thanks for the missed free throws.

:smokin

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 10:41 AM
I could see the Spurs interested if the price was 3 years, $14 mil or so, but not 5 years and $25 mil+.

ducks
07-12-2007, 10:45 AM
it was a live ITW
i saw it less than 1 hour..
on the french channel I TELE
http://www.itele.fr/

and he said in french:
" mike pietrus aux spurs, c'est trés faisable, j'aimerais bien jouer avec tony parker"
he said this words with a big smile like for him it was ever dealed with the FO

posted at sr.com

Big P
07-12-2007, 10:48 AM
The Spurs will have to shed some salary before they contemplate using their MLE in light of where they are vis a vis the lux tax threshold.

A s&t could work.

Magic_Johnson
07-12-2007, 10:52 AM
in "l'equipe" french sport paper 04/07/07

Le Français Mickaël Pietrus, actuellement en négociations en vue de la signature de son nouveau contrat, a fait savoir jeudi qu'il préfèrerait rester dans son club de Golden State. Le départ de l'Américain Jason Richardson à Charlotte a convaincu l'ancien Palois, qui espère ainsi récupérer un temps de jeu plus important. Selon le règlement NBA, l'ailier des Warriors peut réclamer un contrat de six ans s'il décide de rempiler. Pietrus a vécu une saison 2006-2007 irrégulière : des débuts prometteurs avec 38 titularisations dans le cinq majeur, et puis le banc de touche dès la mi-janvier après les arrivées de Stephen Jackson et Al Harrington.

he said he prefer to stay in golden state.He said he hopes to have more minutes with richrardson gone and he's negociating his new contract with GS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ducks
07-12-2007, 10:56 AM
well what was posted was from an hour ago today but the paper may have been right on the 7

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 10:56 AM
A s&t could work.

I could have seen that earlier involving Barry, but with Belinelli blowing up in Vegas you would have to believe the Warriors wouldn't be too interested.

ducks
07-12-2007, 11:02 AM
in "l'equipe" french sport paper 04/07/07

Le Français Mickaël Pietrus, actuellement en négociations en vue de la signature de son nouveau contrat, a fait savoir jeudi qu'il préfèrerait rester dans son club de Golden State. Le départ de l'Américain Jason Richardson à Charlotte a convaincu l'ancien Palois, qui espère ainsi récupérer un temps de jeu plus important. Selon le règlement NBA, l'ailier des Warriors peut réclamer un contrat de six ans s'il décide de rempiler. Pietrus a vécu une saison 2006-2007 irrégulière : des débuts prometteurs avec 38 titularisations dans le cinq majeur, et puis le banc de touche dès la mi-janvier après les arrivées de Stephen Jackson et Al Harrington.

he said he prefer to stay in golden state.He said he hopes to have more minutes with richrardson gone and he's negociating his new contract with GS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanks

drmvp
07-12-2007, 11:03 AM
it was a live ITW

and he said in french:
" mike pietrus aux spurs, c'est trés faisable, j'aimerais bien jouer avec tony parker"

posted at sr.com

Thanks. It seems to me that "faisable" is the key word in the sentence.

"Faisable" can mean anything from "possible" (weakest strength of its usage) to "likely to happen" (strongest).

Pietrus' body language may have conveyed the insight into how he intended to use that word (i.e., his "big, big smile").

Here's a link to its translation:
http://www.wordreference.com/fren/faisable

Kori Ellis
07-12-2007, 11:06 AM
It depends if he's just making a statement or the reporter asked him something like, "Is it possible you end up in San Antonio with the Spurs?"

Then he could just be answering, yes it's possible ...

Gros Membres!
07-12-2007, 11:08 AM
it was a live ITW

and he said in french:

posted at sr.com

Translation: "Mike Pietrus with the Spurs, it's very possible, I would very much love to play with Tony Parker."

I am not a huge fan of Pietrus but I think it could be a great signing, especially if we trade Barry and get rid of White.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Translation: "Mike Pietrus with the Spurs, it's very possible, I would very much love to play with Tony Parker."

'...if they gave me $30 million.'

timvp
07-12-2007, 12:16 PM
'...if they gave me $30 million.'Exactly.

When Pietrus talks about coming to the Spurs, he's either on Tony Parker's radio show or at Tony Parker's wedding. I don't put much stock in it ... especially since his price tag starts at $25-30M.

JUUOT
07-12-2007, 12:17 PM
it means nothing. he said it the same way parker would say: "diaw in a spurs uniform is possible, it would fit well our team first attitude and i'd love to play with him"

it means nothing just press talk, don't loook for anything in it. i can guarantee 100% piterus won't be a spurs in 2007

lotr1trekkie
07-12-2007, 02:22 PM
With Tony making 10 and Manu 9 they can't give a bench player anywhere that amount.

lefty
07-12-2007, 05:27 PM
WTF ? I didn't know JRich went to Charlotte; way to fuck up a nice team, Warriors GM.