PDA

View Full Version : Not just the religous Right

Hook Dem
12-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Am forwarding a e-mail from a (Boca Raton) Florida attorney's wife. She sent this to the NY Times editor in response to a Paul Krugman editorial suggesting that only religious right extremists won the election for the President. It is powerful and to the point.

I'm e-mailing you from a "blue" county within a "red" state. You still don't get it. You believe the religious right won this election for the President? If you have to tell yourself that to support your arrogance, that's okay. We'll keep on winning.

We are NOT the religious right. We are Jews, Catholics and Protestants. We are not gay bashers and not racists. We are sick and tired of having your Northeast arrogance shoved down our throats while you hold hands and idolize Hollywood and Michael Moore. We are educated people who own small businesses, many of us professional, who understand economics and are capitalists. Yes capitalists and proud of it. Because we employ people. We are people who are first or second generation Americans who do not inherit money, but work for it. We are people who understand that TRULY wealthy people do not pay high taxes (the Kerry's pay less than 12%-do the math and include tax free income). We are people that understand that HIGH INCOME EARNERS, not wealthy people pay the highest tax rate, and therefore cannot save enough money after taxes to buy those tax free municipal bonds.

We are people that understand that if employees want a job, teaching them to hate employers is not a good thing. We are people that think that the ability to work for an education, work hard and become high income earners is what is good and great about America. We think that we should be used as inspiration for poor Americans, and not to be viewed as greedy and evil.

We are people that think that busing people and paying for votes is USING people, not helping them achieving a better life.
We are people that care about poverty in America, but have different answers for solving it than the same old worn policies that have only increased poverty. We believe that talk is cheap and so are promises that are not delivered.

I, personally, am a Certified Public Accountant... a second generation Italian American raised Catholic and married to a second generation Jewish lawyer (who doesn't sue doctors and believes in tort reform). And I am proud to say that all the Bush bashing in America has caused my recently graduated OSU (and employed) son to wait in line for 3 1/2 hours to vote for George W. Bush.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WON THE ELECTION FOR GEORGE W. BUSH.

sbsquared
12-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Very well written! Not your "typical, stupid, red-state hick"! Oh what will Liberals do when they finally realize that intelligent, educated people do vote Republican!

CrazyOne
12-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Some of them will have their heads explode, sort of like the robots on "Mudd's Planet" when they couldn't get past a logic puzzle. :rollin

travis2
12-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Or the Fembots...:lol

http://www.jeffbots.com/fembot4.jpg

Nbadan
12-08-2004, 03:26 PM
This is so full of GOP 'talking points' I doubt if it is authentic. Hookdem has learned not to post a link on questionable links like this. However, playing devils advocate...

We are people who understand that TRULY wealthy people do not pay high taxes (the Kerry's pay less than 12%-do the math and include tax free income). We are people that understand that HIGH INCOME EARNERS, not wealthy people pay the highest tax rate, and therefore cannot save enough money after taxes to buy those tax free municipal bonds.

The GOP is nutorious for looking after the interest of multinationals. It doesn't get anymore 'old money' then that. It time the GOP quit the manipulation about exactly who's interest they are truely looking after when they get elected, because its certainly not the interests of the common man, that for sure.

Muni's have been around a lot longer than the Kerrys and I never heard any GOP fat-cat complain about them before. I wonder why not?