07-12-2007, 11:13 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_chuck_hayes.jpg

Chuck Hayes | PF
Born: Jun 11, 1983
Height: 6-6 / 1,98
Weight: 238 lbs. / 108,0 kg.
College : Kentucky
Years Pro: 2

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chuck_hayes/index.html)

Would give the Spurs a nice rebounding big off the bench. Some other moves would have to go down for such an addition to make sense, or Hayes would have to be able to consistently play some minutes at the 3.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-12-2007, 11:32 AM
He'd be a good signing.

Solid D
07-12-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm sure Dennis Lindsey would be all over Hayes if it was do-able. Hayes is his guy.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm sure Dennis Lindsey would be all over Hayes if it was do-able. Hayes is his guy.

Indeed.

Reckless28
07-12-2007, 12:45 PM
He would be a good fit when you want to small ball.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 01:43 PM
I'd take him over Elson.

wildbill2u
07-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Word around Houston is that the Rockets like him, he contributed this year, and they will want to resign him.

Hemotivo
07-12-2007, 02:27 PM
6'6????????

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 02:32 PM
6'6????????

Yes.

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2007, 12:39 AM
With the Scola trade approved, the contract almost wrapped up and Butler already sitting on the bench of his new team, Morey made his first contract offer to an NBA free agent, Rockets forward Chuck Hayes.

"We're getting Chuck back," Morey said. "We offered a multi-year deal. There will be sort of an incentive type structure to it. At least, that's what I'm proposing. We have to get closer together, but it's not like we're in different arenas right now."

Hayes' agent, Bill Duffy, also said he imagined no problems reaching an agreement.

"They want Chuck back," Duffy, who met with Morey Friday the Thomas & Mack Center, said.

link (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/4967808.html)

jdaveah
07-15-2007, 12:41 AM
How is he not Malik?

Roxsfan
07-15-2007, 12:47 AM
You won't get Hayes, he's ours.

But, we are looking to deal JL3
http://clutchfans.net/images/players/john_lucas_iii.jpg

MrChug
07-15-2007, 12:51 AM
My lady and I watched nothing but the Rockets mostly on league pass last year. This guy is a freak. He really is. He IS only 6'6" but he started much of the time in front of Juwan Howard and was amazing on the boards among other things...slips inside for easy buckets too with a good interior passer. Freak offensive reabounder. The bad? He is also freakish at fouling too...about 8 fouls per 48 minutes and 4th overall. Well...you gotta take the good with the bad huh?

MrChug
07-15-2007, 12:54 AM
You won't get Hayes, he's ours.

But, we are looking to deal JL3
http://clutchfans.net/images/players/john_lucas_iii.jpg

That dude sucks!!!!! He was the scrub behind your other scrub...the one we didn't care if he played for us or not?? Yeah..we're really dying to have that guy...:lmao

Roxsfan
07-15-2007, 01:10 AM
That dude sucks!!!!! He was the scrub behind your other scrub...the one we didn't care if he played for us or not?? Yeah..we're really dying to have that guy...:lmao

there were some on this board just yesterday asking why he wasn't in the scola trade. There are teams that are looking for his quickness and heart

you think you have a chance at getting hayes :idiot :nope :toast

genghisrex
07-15-2007, 02:24 AM
The question is does Lindsey want Hayes on his employer's team or on his favorite team?

JayJaay
07-15-2007, 02:52 AM
I doubt Hayes will sign with anyone other than Houston. Houston has made it known they want him back and due to the fact that Hayes is a restricted free agent they (Houston) will more than likely match any offer made for him.

Also Houston's FO and Hayes agent are already talking like a deal is imminent as well as per this Houston Chronicle article:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/4967808.html

"With the Scola trade approved, the contract almost wrapped up and Butler already sitting on the bench of his new team, Morey made his first contract offer to an NBA free agent, Rockets forward Chuck Hayes.

"We're getting Chuck back," Morey said. "We offered a multi-year deal. There will be sort of an incentive type structure to it. At least, that's what I'm proposing. We have to get closer together, but it's not like we're in different arenas right now."

Hayes' agent, Bill Duffy, also said he imagined no problems reaching an agreement.

"They want Chuck back," Duffy, who met with Morey Friday the Thomas & Mack Center, said."

MrChug
07-15-2007, 10:16 AM
there were some on this board just yesterday asking why he wasn't in the scola trade. There are teams that are looking for his quickness and heart

you think you have a chance at getting hayes :idiot :nope :toast

Where did I say we were persuing or even gave half a squirt of piss about this guy as a team...you're right---I DIDN'T.

Now who looks like the idiot.

:downspin:

Roxsfan
07-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Where did I say we were persuing or even gave half a squirt of piss about this guy as a team...you're right---I DIDN'T.

Now who looks like the idiot.

:downspin:

I was talking about the OP

I don't care If I looked like an idiot, I'm just saying we are getting hayes back :oops :p: :depressed :smokin

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-15-2007, 10:30 AM
would be a great signing

ShoogarBear
07-15-2007, 11:30 AM
The question is does Lindsey want Hayes on his employer's team or on his favorite team?:lol

lotr1trekkie
07-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Whomever the Spurs plug into the 3 spot needs to shot 3's i.e, Barry, Fin, Manu. We have kept our bigs so that we can spread the floor for Tim. Hasn't that been the formula for 3 rings? Oduka seems like a perfect fit. Oduka plays solid D and is mature enough to accept his role. The only 22 year olds we have will be playing in Austin. Elson,despite limited playing time, was second to Tim in rebounding and blocks---Fo in not getting rid of him. Any FA we bring is will replace Barry or Udrih.