PDA

View Full Version : Why no love for Vaughn???

Real Tomato Ketchup
07-12-2007, 02:43 PM
I don't understand the lack of respect for Vaughn on here??

He is cool as ice running the show and keeps things steady. He isn't supposed to be a scoring option thus his poor shooting (which is getting better) doesn't bother me at all. He gets the ball where it's supposed to be and plays solid d. Where is the problem?

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 02:45 PM
He is what he is, a solid buy at the vet min to be your 3rd point who can step up and be the backup if needed. His on-again, off-again jumper as well as a few boneheaded plays against the Suns in the playoffs has created the animosity here.

Reckless28
07-12-2007, 02:47 PM
every time he shoots i cringe. Ugh.

Real Tomato Ketchup
07-12-2007, 02:51 PM
He is what he is, a solid buy at the vet min to be your 3rd point who can step up and be the backup if needed. His on-again, off-again jumper as well as a few boneheaded plays against the Suns in the playoffs has created the animosity here.

So what do you see as an ideal 2nd PG? My only concern is possible injury, otherwise I am fine with him in the 2nd slot.

Solid D
07-12-2007, 03:06 PM

He is cool as ice running the show and keeps things steady. He isn't supposed to be a scoring option thus his poor shooting (which is getting better) doesn't bother me at all. He gets the ball where it's supposed to be and plays solid d. Where is the problem?

People remember an occasional missed jumper and they forget things like:
1) 6'-1" Jacque Vaughn outjumping 6'10" Hedo Turkoglu on a jump ball, tapping it hard past Finley... Finley saving it, losing the ball to Hedo and then Vaughn running over and grabbing it back out of Hedo's hands to keep the possession alive.

2) After a Duncan bucket, the Rockets are sloppy on the inbounds pass and Jacque "sliding into home plate" grabbing the ball and keeping the dribble as he then pops back up to his feet and scores.

3) The best Assist/Turnover ratio on the team in the playoffs.

Yeah, it's kinda like that. People just forget.

Obstructed_View
07-12-2007, 03:10 PM
JV is a great third point guard. I haven't heard anyone suggest that he isn't. Due to Beno's massive suckage, Vaughn is playing "out of position", and that's where folks have a problem.

spurster
07-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Beno gets all the love.

Solid D
07-12-2007, 03:16 PM
JV is a great third point guard. I haven't heard anyone suggest that he isn't. Due to Beno's massive suckage, Vaughn is playing "out of position", and that's where folks have a problem.

Does "Out of position" = 2nd string instead of 3rd string? If so, yes I can see that but if you mean Jacque is not a PG, there I would beg to differ.

Bruno
07-12-2007, 03:18 PM
I remember Vaughn owning Melo in the first round.

George Gervin's Afro
07-12-2007, 03:27 PM
I have been a vaughn since early in the season. i actually started a thread that sent praises his way during the middle part of the season... I give Vaugh mad props for playing d and hitting his open jumpers..

Hemotivo
07-12-2007, 03:31 PM
2) After a Duncan bucket, the Rockets are sloppy on the inbounds pass and Jacque "sliding into home plate" grabbing the ball and keeping the dribble as he then pops back up to his feet and scores.

GREAT PLAY!

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Who can have respect for a black guy named Jacque???

Next question. :cooldevil

Real Tomato Ketchup
07-12-2007, 04:11 PM
People remember an occasional missed jumper and they forget things like:
1) 6'-1" Jacque Vaughn outjumping 6'10" Hedo Turkoglu on a jump ball, tapping it hard past Finley... Finley saving it, losing the ball to Hedo and then Vaughn running over and grabbing it back out of Hedo's hands to keep the possession alive.

3) The best Assist/Turnover ratio on the team in the playoffs.

Yeah, it's kinda like that. People just forget.

THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! Nice work.

ROCK Mutha F*CK'IN CHALK! (just a little biased :lol )

wildbill2u
07-12-2007, 04:18 PM

I think the angry comments about Vaughn started when he first started playing some substantial minutes and thought he was the first shooting option.

As soon as he calmed down and began playing within his limitations and skill set I thought he did a creditable job at backup.

Solid D
07-12-2007, 04:28 PM
I just blame Sequ for the hate. It's easy and, quite typically, very appropriate. :p: