PDA

View Full Version : DOW hits new record!!

Richard Cranium
07-12-2007, 03:24 PM
See what a democratic congress can do!!!! :clap

Yonivore
07-12-2007, 03:34 PM
See what a democratic congress can do!!!! :clap
Yeah, their inaction, while picking investigative lint (300 investigations in 100 days) from their belly buttons, has not allowed them to interfere with the economy.

Oh, Gee!!
07-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I blame Bush

Yonivore
07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
I blame Bush
Tax cuts, deficit reduction (in spite of out-of-control spending by Congress), increased charitable giving, increased incomes, increased productivity, increased employment.

Yep, you can blame it all on the Bush tax cuts and economic policy.

Wild Cobra
07-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Are you for real?

The markets have had an overall increase since the republicans in congress reduced taxes. Not bad considering president Bush inherited a recession from president Clinton.

How many record highs have we had since recovery? Several!

The democrats in congress haven't been able to screw the taxes yet. When they do, a few years later, the markers will fall again. Count on it.

spurraider21
11-05-2021, 10:46 AM
thank you brandon

boutons_deux
11-05-2021, 11:04 AM
much more important For The People is that 500K+ new jobs in Oct

the anti-vax 10Ms will cause another winter pandemic spike, further fucking themselves and the country

Millennial_Messiah
11-05-2021, 11:13 AM
note when this thread was made and what happened roughly a year later

hater
11-05-2021, 11:25 AM
Oh... Brandon....

baseline bum
11-05-2021, 11:34 AM
much more important For The People is that 500K+ new jobs in Oct

the anti-vax 10Ms will cause another winter pandemic spike, further fucking themselves and the country

How much of that is just seasonal crap jobs?

DarrinS
11-05-2021, 11:39 AM
note when this thread was made and what happened roughly a year later

Please, don't jinx

Winehole23
11-05-2021, 12:24 PM
note when this thread was made and what happened roughly a year laterare you making a prediction?

Millennial_Messiah
11-05-2021, 12:28 PM
are you making a prediction?

Please, don't jinx

We need it to go down. Reverse the inflation of the last 18-20 months back to 2019 standards, raise interest rates to 2018-19 figures, spend only responsibly not recklessly, eliminate shortages, give homebuyers, carbuyers etc a fair chance at a neutral market with neutral supply and demand rather than the overpriced, record-low inventory BS of the past couple years. Otherwise we'll end up in an outright depression, deeper than 2008-2011

Reward responsible savers, punish reckless stock investors

SnakeBoy
11-05-2021, 03:13 PM
We need it to go down. Reverse the inflation of the last 18-20 months back to 2019 standards, raise interest rates to 2018-19 figures, spend only responsibly not recklessly, eliminate shortages, give homebuyers, carbuyers etc a fair chance at a neutral market with neutral supply and demand rather than the overpriced, record-low inventory BS of the past couple years. Otherwise we'll end up in an outright depression, deeper than 2008-2011

Reward responsible savers, punish reckless stock investors

I think you're going to have to wait until the 2nd half of this decade to get your higher interest rates. The Fed will have no choice then.

For now the most they can do is slightly ease QE. They're in a pickle because their pumping of the economy is causing inflation but if they stop pumping the whole shit show might collapse.

boutons_deux
11-05-2021, 03:18 PM
How much of that is just seasonal crap jobs?

could be. crap jobs is what America specializes in. poverty wages, no benefits, no future

Winehole23
11-05-2021, 03:42 PM
raising interest rates to 2018-9 levels doesn't reward savers, it's virtually the same zero-bound rate

RandomGuy
11-05-2021, 06:54 PM
I think you're going to have to wait until the 2nd half of this decade to get your higher interest rates. The Fed will have no choice then.

For now the most they can do is slightly ease QE. They're in a pickle because their pumping of the economy is causing inflation but if they stop pumping the whole shit show might collapse.

Agreed.

ElNono
11-06-2021, 07:04 AM

I don't think inflation is coming from there, but from an expected, temporary lack of supply driven by the pandemic. Some key areas like chip manufacturing that are affecting from IT to cars are not expected to recover for at least another year or two.

If anything, the US Dollar has remained fairly steady against the Euro, GBP, Yen and Yuan. If this would be a money supply type of inflation, you would expect it to depreciate.

That said, I agree that they need to keep the plumbing in place, because clearly the world economy as not fully recovered yet.

RandomGuy
11-08-2021, 10:19 AM
I don't think inflation is coming from there, but from an expected, temporary lack of supply driven by the pandemic. Some key areas like chip manufacturing that are affecting from IT to cars are not expected to recover for at least another year or two.

If anything, the US Dollar has remained fairly steady against the Euro, GBP, Yen and Yuan. If this would be a money supply type of inflation, you would expect it to depreciate.

That said, I agree that they need to keep the plumbing in place, because clearly the world economy as not fully recovered yet.

It has recovered enough to send wages up appreciably for the first time in decades. Yay!

SnakeBoy
12-29-2021, 06:08 PM