07-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Worst trade in franchise history.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2007, 07:53 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/1/1d/Peter_holt.jpg

Worst trade in franchise history. But I just made 4 million dollars

samikeyp
07-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Should I just become a Sonics fan as soon as the big 3 retire.

No but you now know where the downfall started.

spursfan09
07-12-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure what happened. And judging what the reaction is, I don't want to know.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2007, 08:09 PM
09 -

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73757&page=1

spursfan09
07-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah I see that. Hmmm...speechless. why would they do this?

samikeyp
07-12-2007, 08:19 PM
The tradition of no even year titles continues.

bob bass sucks
07-12-2007, 08:32 PM
bring in Red McCombs

Sii
07-12-2007, 08:59 PM
The Spurs just won their 4th championship and the owner needs to sell the team? Brilliant

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 09:01 PM
The Spurs just won their 4th championship and the owner needs to sell the team? Brilliant

You have no fucking clue, do you?

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Sure, Holt doesn't interfere with basketball decisions, other than mandating that they pay no luxury tax whatsoever.

SenorSpur
07-12-2007, 09:03 PM
I smell the funk of organizational arrogance creeping in again.

I hope this move comes back to bite R.C and Holt in their collective tight asses!

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 09:05 PM

I hope this move comes back to bite R.C and Holt in their collective tight asses!

Ego. Someone told me it doesn't exist with the Spurs.

leemajors
07-12-2007, 09:06 PM
holt's cat is dining well tonight!

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 09:08 PM
When the Lakers were winning 3 straight championships 2000-2002, you could see the end coming. They failed to replace old, good players with talented young players. When we bombed them in 2003 they were playing Pargo, Slava Medvedenko, and other lousy guys. You could see they were failing in the little moves, instigated by Jerry West leaving for Memphis.

The Spurs are at the same tipping point. All our moves now are lousy and you'll see the slow disintegration of the bit players around the core.

Sii
07-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Sure, Holt doesn't interfere with basketball decisions, other than mandating that they pay no luxury tax whatsoever.

I just the fact the Spurs have paid Lux Tax money under Holt is just imaginary?

You have no fucking clue, do you?

who has no clue? The Spurs have one of the most successful pro sports franchises in any sport over the last 8-9 years and not only does the owner need to go, but the GM too? The fact this stuff is being said weeks after a 4th title is amazing. People outside SA seem to think the Spurs are the model of the perfect franchise yet people in here think it sucks. go figure

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 09:12 PM
who has no clue? The Spurs have one of the most successful pro sports franchises in any sport over the last 8-9 years and not only does the owner need to go, but the GM too? The fact this stuff is being said weeks after a 4th title is amazing. People outside SA seem to think the Spurs are the model of the perfect franchise yet people in here think it sucks. go figure

Why do you think when a team wins a championship they should splurge and substantially improve a division rival?

Sii
07-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Why do you think when a team wins a championship they should splurge and substantially improve a division rival?

how do you know Scola even plays in Houston any time soon? whose to say he doesnt stay with Tau? Talk was he was about to sign a long term extension for a good deal of money. Talk about a trade is one thing. This insane over the top bullshit is another. Holt sucks, RC sucks. who else? Pop now too? In a matter of hours I guess SA went from the top to the bottom judging from the comments

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 09:18 PM

Perhaps $100K once. This trade fucking sucks. Remove your lips from RC's cock.

SenorSpur
07-12-2007, 09:19 PM
When the Lakers were winning 3 straight championships 2000-2002, you could see the end coming. They failed to replace old, good players with talented young players. When we bombed them in 2003 they were playing Pargo, Slava Medvedenko, and other lousy guys. You could see they were failing in the little moves, instigated by Jerry West leaving for Memphis.

The Spurs are at the same tipping point. All our moves now are lousy and you'll see the slow disintegration of the bit players around the core.

It's appalling that so many informed fans see this, but obviously it bears no merit with the FO. Tim aint gonna play forever. There's no guarantee that Splitter nor Mahinmi will work out.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2007, 09:27 PM

You and Tpark should hang out and suck each other's dicks when you get done with Pop, R.C., and Holt.

lotr1trekkie
07-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Maybe Cuban can buy the team from Peter Holt. That would be his best shot at a championship!

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Cheap fuck.

will never happen

as long as the SPurs keep wining titles and he's being a cheap bastard

will never happen

lotr1trekkie
07-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Aggie Hoopfan really needs to improve his vocabulary. He ain't at a family reunion.

Money316
07-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Cheap fuck.
Nahh, motherfucker was probably juiced on vodka when the agreed to this one.

:jekka

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Aggie Hoopfan really needs to improve his vocabulary. He ain't at a family reunion.

Lord of the Rings dorks need to get over fucking foul language already. And get laid.

Extra Stout
07-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Well, last summer the Spurs went cheap, and got rewarded with a championship. So why not try it again?

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Well, last summer the Spurs went cheap, and got rewarded with a championship. So why not try it again?

Almost accidentally. GSW killed the Mavs. Oberto panned out.

Regardless, we're skinning our chances the year after next.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2007, 10:49 PM

Yep, all we have to do is get GS matched up with Dallas until the end of time.

Udrihlooms
07-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Yep, all we have to do is get GS matched up with Dallas until the end of time.

:lmao

can Duncan play 48 minutes in a 7 game series vs Dallas? the spurs FO thinks he can... oh yes, we can always ask Horry to hip check Devin Harris hoping we can suspend Dirk and Howard next game...

If the FO doesn't do anything to recover from this awesome trade, I guess we'll have 2009 to lokk forward to

Dave McNulla
07-12-2007, 11:29 PM
i love the spurs, i love the organization, and the players. some of the fans are freaking embarrassing.

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 11:30 PM
i love the spurs, i love the organization, and the players. some of the fans are freaking embarrassing.

Exactly.

baseline bum
07-12-2007, 11:30 PM
If Holt is being this cheap when the team is winning titles, wait till you see what happens when Tim retires. Is this team going to be in fucking St Louis or Anaheim in 10 years? :wtf

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 11:31 PM
If Holt is being this cheap when the team is winning titles, wait till you see what happens when Tim retires. Is this team going to be in fucking St Louis or Anaheim in 10 years? :wtf

Yes.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Maybe Red holding up posterboards on the sideline wouldn't be such a bad thing...

mystargtr34
07-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Ah good old Holtcat making the fans day LOL

Capt Bringdown
07-12-2007, 11:49 PM

Yes, it seems as if the Championship is validation in their minds that we don't need to improve our team. OK, fine if they want to be cocky, we'll see how it pans out next year...but why/how do they go about giving gifts to our rivals, in exchange for chump change?

At this point it seems like their strategy is to take no risk$ and hope we get lucky again...which is a damn risky strategy IMO!

Clutch20
07-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Ok then.......fair question coming up.......how many of you have been doing the Peter Holt shuffle?

Honestly, have you been drinking since the trade happened?

fess up.........

Nathan Explosion
07-13-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm sorry, but are we talking about the same Butler here? Since when did Butler become a great backup for the Spurs? Oh wait, those summer league games made him into a great player, pushing around guys who won't be in the NBA next year.

And of course, rumor has it that Scola was working on a long term extension, which the Spurs wouldn't be able to buy out, so Houston can deal with it now.

I love the overreaction by some fans. And of course, the one guy saying he should just start cheering for the Sonics. Go ahead. Some loyalty.

This FO has built a team that now has 4 titles, but somehow they're crap. As far as the Lakers comparison, the Lakers won 3 titles, and flamed out. The Spurs have been great over the last decade basically.

They are the best run organization in the NBA, and possibly in all of sports, but somehow us fans know better than the guys paid millions to do this for a living.

Give me a break people. When you're decisions net the team 4 titles, maybe we'll listen to what you have to say. But until then, how about taking a breath before saying something stupid. Pop and RC are the best in the league at their respective positions. Show some respect.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-13-2007, 12:20 AM
And of course, rumor has it that Scola was working on a long term extension, which the Spurs wouldn't be able to buy out, so Houston can deal with it now.

Rumor has it Scola will be in Houston for 3 years and 10 million over the life of that contract. Just stfu when you don't know what your'e talking about.

Ironic that you mention the Lakers flaming out. What do you think is going to happen with this team and its supporting cast of AARP members?

No one was expecting Butler to start next to Tim this year. They were expecting for the Spurs to continue to develop the kid so he'd be a player down the road for us.

Shouldn't you be drinking anyway, Peter? R.C. and Pop just saved you five mil.

Nathan Explosion
07-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Rumor has it Scola will be in Houston for 3 years and 10 million over the life of that contract. Just stfu when you don't know what your'e talking about.

Ironic that you mention the Lakers flaming out. What do you think is going to happen with this team and its supporting cast of AARP members?

No one was expecting Butler to start next to Tim this year. They were expecting for the Spurs to continue to develop the kid so he'd be a player down the road for us.

Shouldn't you be drinking anyway, Peter? R.C. and Pop just saved you five mil.

Everyone here who has worked in the Spurs front office and helped them put a team out there that has the best winning percentage in all of American sports over Tim's career, as well as built a team that has won 4 titles, please stand up.

scans room

No one? Someone? Anybody?..................................

I rest my case.

Budkin
07-13-2007, 12:23 AM
ARRGH it still has not sunk in yet... what a HORRIBLE FUCKING TRADE!!!

Mr. Body
07-13-2007, 12:26 AM
I like the idea that we should be overjoyed when they make a lousy fucking trade because they just won a championship. By fantastical alchemy, the lousy fucking brainless trade turns out to be golden shits from a golden goose just because.

Well, no. It's still a lousy fucking trade. And as invested fans we're allowed to call it out for its stupidity.

Bruno
07-13-2007, 12:29 AM
:lol
Blaming it on Holt.
Spurs FO is the one to blame, not Holt.

mystargtr34
07-13-2007, 12:29 AM
still funny that no one has posted in that "who works for the spurs FO post here" LOL

objective
07-13-2007, 12:30 AM

lol

remember the Lakers team that the Spurs beat in 03? Not the same team that had been so dominant.

Guys like Robert Horry, Rick Fox and Brian Shaw just got too old or worn out from overuse, with nothing good to replace them, like the Medvedenkos and Pargos (Bonners and Benos).

And from when they were better they had old vets like Harper and Grant.

But . . . the rest of the NBA didn't sleep while the Lakers were crumbling around their big two age-wise. The Lakers kept assuring themselves that the same team that won 02 would win again. They were corrected.

mystargtr34
07-13-2007, 12:30 AM
This was ALL Holt

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Everyone here who has worked in the Spurs front office and helped them put a team out there that has the best winning percentage in all of American sports over Tim's career, as well as built a team that has won 4 titles, please stand up.

scans room

I rest my case.

If that's the criteria, why even have a fucking message board? Put your two inch dick back in your pants when you get done stroking off to your Holt Cat poster above your bed and call it a night.

Clutch20
07-13-2007, 12:35 AM

scans room

I rest my case.
Man, I thought I was the only one :lol
Mostly, questions posed here aren't answered, especially about hot topics but I'll give the FO the benefit of the DOUBT simply because they let me buy a championship cap every f*ckin odd year.........

Mr. Body
07-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Didn't we trade off Malik Rose and Rasho Nesterovic, freeing up lots of cash down the line, so we wouldn't be forced to make lopsided trades like this? How much money can Pop and Buford save Holt before he's happy?

I'd be interested in a list of assets blown simply to shave over luxury taxes. We blew a future second this year to trade for Ely. We blew Scola and Butler. Didn't we blow another second a couple years ago?

Nathan Explosion
07-13-2007, 12:38 AM
still funny that no one has posted in that "who works for the spurs FO post here" LOL

That's because no one can answer it.

The thing is, that Lakers team ran a few deep and that's it. The Spurs have older guys yes, but guys who can all play moderate minutes (like this year) and win while still staying fresh for the playoffs. Remember, it's about the playoffs.

In the front court they have Duncan, Elson, Oberto, Horry and Bonner. That's 5 guys to fill 4 spots. On the perimeter they have Gino, Bowen, Finley, Barry, Parker, Vaughn and Beno. That's 7 guys to fill 6 spots.

That's enough talent there to keep everyone fresh come playoff time. Especially since during the playoffs Pop uses usually 3 guys in the post (out of 5) and 4-5 guys on the perimeter (out of 7).

Think to this past year. It was mainly Duncan, Oberto, and Horry, with Elson coming in every now and then. On the perimeter it was Parker, Finley, Bowen, Vaughn and Gino. That leaves Beno and Barry. And all of that is off the top of my head.

The Lakers didn't have that kind of depth on their team. They were Shaq, Kobe, Horry, Fox, Fisher and that's about it.

Nathan Explosion
07-13-2007, 12:39 AM
If that's the criteria, why even have a fucking message board? Put your two inch dick back in your pants when you get done stroking off to your Holt Cat poster above your bed and call it a night.

You're an Aggie fan. That's all we really need to know about you.

What more insult can we really put out there that isn't worse than cheering for A&M?

Dave McNulla
07-13-2007, 12:40 AM
I like the idea that we should be overjoyed when they make a lousy fucking trade because they just won a championship. By fantastical alchemy, the lousy fucking brainless trade turns out to be golden shits from a golden goose just because.

Well, no. It's still a lousy fucking trade. And as invested fans we're allowed to call it out for its stupidity.actually, you can say anything even if you aren't an invested fan.

you don't know it's a bad trade, even if scola turns out to kick ass and take names. it didn't look to me like he was going to come to the spurs no matter what. he acted like a jilted lover.

a trade of a guy that isn't in the nba plus a guy that isn't playing in the nba for a guy that isn't in the nba and another that isn't going to play in the nba can't be that relevant compared to a championship.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Didn't we trade off Malik Rose and Rasho Nesterovic, freeing up lots of cash down the line, so we wouldn't be forced to make lopsided trades like this? How much money can Pop and Buford save Holt before he's happy?

I guess that went to pay Oberto, Vaughn, and Bonner.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2007, 12:42 AM
One wonders if Scola's agent pissed off the Spurs enough to gift him to a divisional competitor than bring him in.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2007, 12:42 AM

What more insult can we really put out there that isn't worse than cheering for A&M?

Ooooh. Burn.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-13-2007, 12:43 AM

Well golly. I dunno. We can't all be grown men with anime avatars.

Do you even realize the irony of your lame ass insults? R.C. Buford, Spurs GM is, I'm embarrassed to say, an Aggie. Way to go there, Jesus freak.

Nathan Explosion
07-13-2007, 12:44 AM
actually, you can say anything even if you aren't an invested fan.

you don't know it's a bad trade, even if scola turns out to kick ass and take names. it didn't look to me like he was going to come to the spurs no matter what. he acted like a jilted lover.

a trade of a guy that isn't in the nba plus a guy that isn't playing in the nba for a guy that isn't in the nba and another that isn't going to play in the nba can't be that relevant compared to a championship.

Furthermore, what if no one wanted Scola and Butler. What if this was the best deal out there? Maybe you think these guys are great, but that doesn't mean that the other GMs think that.

Nathan Explosion
07-13-2007, 12:47 AM
Well golly. I dunno. We can't all be grown men with anime avatars.

Do you even realize the irony of your lame ass insults? R.C. Buford, Spurs GM is, I'm embarrassed to say, an Aggie. Way to go there, Jesus freak.

Uh, yeah it's an anime avatar. Ouch you got me there. Metalocalypse is actually a cartoon on Adult Swim, but it's probably a bit to witty for your tastes. But no matter.

Again, I'm used to seeing my team win titles. Hence why I was brought up a Spurs, Cowboys and Longhorns fan. You see, I've never seen my team make a title game and lose. And I'm not about to start now.

I consider myself an educated fan. But I'm also not arrogant enough to think I know more than Pop and RC. After all, I've never worked in the NBA, made deals with other GMs and coached a team to 4 titles.

But hey, that's just me. Humility is my thing in that regards.

Dave McNulla
07-13-2007, 12:48 AM
One wonders if Scola's agent pissed off the Spurs enough to gift him to a divisional competitor than bring him in.i'm sure there was more than one side that was pissed off. it's too bad that having ginobili on the spurs didn't buy the spurs any goodwill with scola, but even ginobili didn't get paid big until he proved himself in the nba.

i have no doubt that scola is going to be better than oberto, i just don't know how much. he didn't do much in the big games for tau. i dont' think he'd have been as complimentary to duncan as oberto, and duncan isn't going to sit more to give scola more playing time.

as for the rockets, i just don't worry about them. every year they pick up somebody who's supposed to help them get to the next level, and they are still at that thrid tier of the western conference.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Uh, yeah it's an anime avatar. Ouch you got me there. Metalocalypse is actually a cartoon on Adult Swim, but it's probably a bit to witty for your tastes. But no matter.

Again, I'm used to seeing my team win titles. Hence why I was brought up a Spurs, Cowboys and Longhorns fan. You see, I've never seen my team make a title game and lose. And I'm not about to start now.

I consider myself an educated fan. But I'm also not arrogant enough to think I know more than Pop and RC. After all, I've never worked in the NBA, made deals with other GMs and coached a team to 4 titles.

But hey, that's just me. Humility is my thing in that regards.

So you're a bandwagon fan. Got it. Thanks.

And you really got me on the Adult Swim thing. Sorry, some of us actually go out and interact with people in the real world instead of sitting at home watching shit on TV.

Nathan Explosion
07-13-2007, 01:15 AM
So you're a bandwagon fan. Got it. Thanks.

And you really got me on the Adult Swim thing. Sorry, some of us actually go out and interact with people in the real world instead of sitting at home watching shit on TV.

I've been following the Spurs as long as I can remember. I was 7 when Robinson played his first game, and I can sort of remember the Spurs before him. But if you want to call me a bandwagoner, then be my guest. After all, I'm one of the ones talking about following another team because of an obscure trade that doesn't impact the team.

And yes, I'm some geek who stays home all the time instead of going out and drinking and getting shit faced. You're right, I don't really have a social life outside of my apartment. After all, I have all this free time, what with working a full time job, being a full time dad to an 8 month old (which is the only reason I'm even up this late, trying to put my son back to sleep), and about to become a full time student once more.

So excuse me if I have other priorities than going out and "mingling" with others. By the way, it's funny that a guy up this late on a message board is saying that I have no life.