PDA

View Full Version : THE SPURS are NOT going to REPEAT, Damn I hope TD leaves the SPurs

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 09:11 PM
withtout TD the Spurs are fukk1n dog shit

and despite surrounding him with bums he's blessed SA with 4 titles

and swear to God I would be PISSED if TD doesn't opt out, shit I hope he goes to the fukking Lakers and win titles with Kobe

Spurs fan "BuT BUT BUT we re-signed BONNER and VAUGHN"

people always sucking off Buford and Pop for being such a genius

when the reality is Pop got rid of then current coach when Duncan comes to the Spurs, rydes his coat tails to 4 titles and looks good all the way

think about it, without the FLUKE picks of Paker and Manu the Spurs have done fuckking jack shit int he draft. That Scola pick turned out great

and you want to talk about free agen signing....... WHY ISN"T STEVEN JACKSON A SPUR???????? but we have "shows up every other week to play" Barry. Couldn't land Jermaine Oneal either. Could you imagine a front court of TD and JO? Spurs can't get ANYONE worth while in free agency except dinosaurs who want to get a ring.

Let's not also forget the genius Spurs FO and there talent evaluation, for trading this guys rights for a box of used condoms
http://www.brainfuel.tv/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/barbosa.jpg

no player has EVER been taken more for granted
http://www.nba.com/media/tduncel_627_070614.jpg

leemajors
07-12-2007, 09:12 PM
:ban:

Kori Ellis
07-12-2007, 09:12 PM
:lol

I doubt TD is going to leave the Spurs over losing Jackie Butler and a guy that was never coming to the Spurs in Scola. :lol

Behrooz24
07-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Someone needs a Midol

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 09:15 PM
we GAVE SCOLA AND BUTLER AWAY FOR FREE

we got SH!T back in return for the best player in world NOT playing the NBA

TD should start demanding a trade, maybe cheap ass Holt will decide to spend some damn oney

Suns get better

Rockets get SCOLA

Spurs do SHIT

duncan228
07-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I would assume Duncan knew about it way before we did.

And he'll retire a Spur.

Slinkyman
07-12-2007, 09:17 PM
How old are you 5? you want Tim to leave SA because we traded Jackie Butler? :rolleyes

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 09:17 PM
I would assume Duncan knew about it way before we did.

And he'll retire a Spur.

if it wasn't for Duncan BEGGING Holt to not be a cheap ass owner Parker wouldn't even be with the Spurs

they are not going to ask TD for his stamp of approval of this shit

Spurs seriously wasting Duncan's prime

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 09:18 PM
How old are you 5? you want Tim to leave SA because we traded Jackie Butler? :rolleyes

no Scola, to a division rival, and got nothing back

WATCH Scola be fukking beast playing with Yao :bang

Slinkyman
07-12-2007, 09:21 PM

watch him sit the bench along with jackie b.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2007, 09:25 PM
I hope the original poster leaves Spurstalk.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 09:26 PM

keeping telling yourself that

while the Spurs do SHIT to improve except re-sign dinosaurs

Kori Ellis
07-12-2007, 09:26 PM

or re-sign in Europe for 10 years

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 09:27 PM

That's what would make this trade somewhat understandable, but it seems the Rockets believe they will be bringing Scola over for next season.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 09:27 PM

you really think the best the SPurs could of got for Scola and Butler was this?

Kori Ellis
07-12-2007, 09:28 PM

No, I think it was a stupid trade. But I don't think it's stupid enough to go crazy over .. people cussing out management, wanting people fired, wanting Tim to leave the team. It's not like they traded Tony and Manu for Steve Francis.

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 09:28 PM
It all makes sense to me. Daequan Cook as the #1 draft target. The rumors they were trying to trade Duncan for Oden+Randolph. The fact they liked Marcus Williams over about 6 or 7 other players...

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 09:29 PM
It's not like they traded Tony and Manu for Steve Francis.

Summer's not over.

vander
07-12-2007, 09:33 PM

well, at least we didn't trade shaq for odom, or something like that,
what pisses me off about this move is how arrogant it is, like the FO thinks a repeat is a given. and they don't want to spend any money on anyone who wasn't a significant playoff contributer this year, let alone ADD anyone.

Unless a deal for Peitrus is in fact in the works, Duncan Should be mad, and should say something

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 09:37 PM
worst trade in Spurs history

too cheap to even keep Butler?

PhxDog
07-12-2007, 09:50 PM
and swear to God I would be PISSED if TD doesn't opt out, shit I hope he goes to the fukking Lakers and win titles with Kobe

I don't think Kobe is dirty enough to play with TD...

vander
07-12-2007, 09:53 PM
people always sucking off Buford and Pop for being such genious

when the reality is Pop got rid of then current coach when Duncan comes to the Spurs, rydes his coat tails to 4 titles and looks good all the way

think about it, with out the FLUKE picks of Paker and Manu the Spurs have done fuckking jack shit int he draft

and you want to talk about free agen signing....... WHY ISN"T STEVEN JACKSON A SPUR???????? but we have "shows up every other week to play" Barry

I think most spurs fans understand that the spurs are probably the luckiest team in the NBA,

but you have to realize how easy it is to Fuck that up with bad contracts, bad contracts ruin more teams than lack of talent does. you go out and give one joe johnson a max deal and BAM!!! no championships for you for the next 7 years

the spurs FO has done a good job of maintaining cap flexibility, dumping Rose and rasho was impressive. and because of that, we have the ability to sign someone this year if we want to, or better yet, next year when the FA class is much better.

I have a feeling that butler, like beno, just won't work out under pop (which I blame pop for just as much as those guys) and scola is now the rockets wild goose to worry about.

we won't win the championship nest year, but once again, we will have the flexibility to immediately retool and win in 08-09 with a FA splash, splitter, and mahimni

every other year, its the Spurs' way :rolleyes

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 09:56 PM

think about it, without the FLUKE picks of Paker and Manu the Spurs have done fuckking jack shit int he draft. That Scola pick turned out great :drunk

and you want to talk about free agen signing....... WHY ISN"T STEVEN JACKSON A SPUR???????? but we have "shows up every other week to play" Barry. Couldn't land Jermaine Oneal either. Could you imagine a front court of TD and JO? Spurs can't get ANYONE worth while in free agency except dinosaurs who want to get a ring.

:drunk

koopa
07-12-2007, 10:01 PM
this trade was fucking stupid, but it's even dumber to think that cause we got rid of a dude that didn't even dress for a game in the playoffs and a WAAAYYYYY overhyped long haired fruit is gonna keep us from repeating......... this trade won't keep us from repeating, the fact that we didn't even get close to improving this team is what's gonna be our downfall

Kriz-Maxima
07-12-2007, 10:01 PM

This made me laugh. Four championships, 3 finals MVP, yes TD is really wasting away!

He and KG should protest together.

mystargtr34
07-12-2007, 10:03 PM
lol funny thread

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 10:04 PM
This made me laugh. Four championships, 3 finals MVP, yes TD is really wasting away!

He and KG should protest together.

Spurs should have 5-6 title by now, but the Spurs but Rasho and Hedo around Timmy after 03 title

they put NO ONE new after teh 05 title

and they will put NO ONE new after the 07 title

Extra Stout
07-12-2007, 10:04 PM
No, I think it was a stupid trade. But I don't think it's stupid enough to go crazy over .. people cussing out management, wanting people fired, wanting Tim to leave the team. It's not like they traded Tony and Manu for Steve Francis.
That's getting too much contract back. Maybe Steve Blake.

Buddy Holly
07-12-2007, 10:05 PM
I swear, some people have nothing more to live for than the Spurs and their players. Fuck. it's sad.

hsxvvd
07-12-2007, 10:07 PM
if it wasn't for Duncan BEGGING Holt to not be a cheap ass owner Parker wouldn't even be with the Spurs

they are not going to ask TD for his stamp of approval of this shit

A month ago we won the Championship.... Remember?

Buddy Holly
07-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Spurs should have 5-6 title by now, but the Spurs but Rasho and Hedo around Timmy after 03 title

How many new people did the Lakers put around Kobe and Shaq?

How many players did the Rockets put around The Dream?

How many viagna's have you not seen?

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 10:12 PM
How many new people did the Lakers put around Kobe and Shaq?

How many players did the Rockets put around The Dream?

How many viagna's have you not seen?

KOBE AND SHAQ = 00-02 Lakers

Duncan = Spurs

LOL @ you comparing Shaq having Kobe to Duncan having Manu/Parker. Kobe is 10x better then both

Buddy Holly
07-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Duncan = Spurs

LOL @ you comparing Shaq having Kobe to Duncan having Manu/Parker. Kobe is 10x better then both

My point jackass wasn't comparing the players. I asked you a simple damn question, what new players did they surround Kobe and Shaq with during their title runs?

You're such a moron.

O-Factor
07-12-2007, 10:18 PM

TD should start demanding a trade, maybe cheap ass Holt will decide to spend some damn oney

Suns get better

Rockets get SCOLA

Spurs do SHIT

Dude, shut the fuck up...your no spurs fan.

Big P
07-12-2007, 10:18 PM
My God..dude..get a grip on yourself...wtf???..lol...bbq

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 10:19 PM
My point jackass wasn't comparing the players. I asked you a simple damn question, what new players did they surround Kobe and Shaq with during their title runs?

You're such a moron.

could you be more dumb? did your mom beat you in the head when you were a baby?

When you have Kobe and Shaq in their prime playing together you only need role players.

and they had GREAT role players at that, no need for them to change. But they had Harper, Fisher, Fox, Grant, in those runs. That SHITS on the role players around Duncan. plus Kobe>>>Parker/Manu

you can't argue that

Buddy Holly
07-12-2007, 10:24 PM
could you be more dumb? did your mom beat you in the head when you were a baby?

When you have Kobe and Shaq in their prime playing together you only need role players.

Like Malone and Payton? That fucking 90's All-Star starting line up won them the title. You're right, fuck fitting the pieces that fit, as long as you get the biggest and most expensive pieces that's all that matters, you know it all.

and they had GREAT role players at that, no need for them to change. But they had Harper, Fisher, Fox, Grant, in those runs. That SHITS on the role players around Duncan. plus Kobe>>>Parker/Manu you can't argue that

Kobe = 3 titles.

Parker/Manu = 3 titles.

And for fucks sake retard, quit spacing your sentences with 8 foot gaps.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Kobe = 3 titles.

Parker/Manu = 3 titles.

[/QUOTE]

Manu/Parker = 3 titles, for riding on the Tim Duncan express. Hell Beno's scrub ass = 2 titles, you want to say he's as good as Hakeem because they both have 2 titles?

your "logic" continues to make you look stupid

HJNTX
07-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Not really sure what all the hullabaloo is but, Tim didn't leave when Malik was traded ...Let's calm down and count to 10 ...

Buddy Holly
07-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Manu/Parker = 3 titles, for riding on the Tim Duncan express. Hell Beno's scrub ass = 2 titles, you want to say he's as good as Hakeem because they both have 2 titles?

your "logic" continues to make you look stupid

Ok, Kobe = 3 titles riding the Shaq express.

Since Shaq left the Lakers he's won one title. Since Kobe became the lone gunman he's won none and each year struggles to make the playoffs.

Your points are so weak it's not even funny. Throwing away Manu and Parker's contributions to this team and their titles. :lol

Fuck, get out of your parents house, go meet some real people who breath real air and don't need batteries to operate.

HJNTX
07-12-2007, 10:32 PM
My God..dude..get a grip on yourself...wtf???..lol...bbq
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Buddy Holly
07-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Not really sure what all the hullabaloo is but, Tim didn't leave when Malik was traded ...Let's calm down and count to 10 ...

True but I'm sure he's heart broken and devastated over the loss of Jakie Butler.

I think I heard he didn't have the strengh to polish his four rings like he does every night.

bdictjames
Another stupid thread by this guy.

my2sons

your "logic" continues to make you look stupid[/QUOTE]

wow, the hemisphair tower is about 622 feet, 750 if you climb the radio tower....you do the math

Kriz-Maxima
07-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Im sorry did you see Tony Parker playing in the finals? Didnt he won MVP?

How is that him riding Duncan?

Sure having TD down there is essencial but TP did his part and then some.

RussN
07-12-2007, 10:38 PM

Suns get better

Rockets get SCOLA

Spurs do SHIT

It's called keeping your options open, you dumbass. Maybe you should have done that and not married that fatass first lay you had at age 16.

bdictjames
07-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Im sorry did you see Tony Parker playing in the finals? Didnt he won MVP?

How is that him riding Duncan?

Sure having TD down there is essencial but TP did his part and then some.
Just like Parker said, he was only 'borrowing' it.

Without Pop, Spurs might have won only 2 titles at most with Duncan. The correct statement is that the Spurs are only riding on both Pop and TD.

Leetonidas
07-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Oh no! The Spurs lost a guy who couldn't get playing time over Francisco Elson! :lmao

Get real. Who the fuck cares anyway? Jackie Butler sucks.

Clutch20
07-12-2007, 10:40 PM
It's not going to work. We're pissed thinking about Houston's new acquisitions as if they would thrive for them like they were actually playing for us.
It's another world out there in MingLand.
Alright, what's Scola gonna do?

Honestly, you think he'll be playing there come Feb. 08' chock full of assists, healthy fg% smiling all the while, while his compatriots on I10 wearing black and silver are once again connecting all the way to another round of playoffs?

Fish out of water is what I see him as, even for 09' if he's still with the Rockets.

Butler will have too many distractions with the night scene in Houston, there's places in H town that are just way too much fun and hell, there goes those pounds back on.

Jackie can't even dunk, thas gona eat away at that boy..........

Clutch20
07-12-2007, 10:42 PM
shit.................

jag
07-12-2007, 10:52 PM

think about it, without the FLUKE picks of Paker and Manu the Spurs have done fuckking jack shit int he draft. That Scola pick turned out great

LOL at your bitchfit STFU. Out of all this ranting and raving all i got was that you've lost your damn mind over jackie butler, and SCOLA....

Switchman
07-13-2007, 12:47 AM

I wish we would have gone after him that year they went after fucking Jason Kidd.

NASpurs
07-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Another stupid thread by this guy.:tu

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this guy is a waste of bandwidth.

Nathan Explosion
07-13-2007, 12:56 AM

Thank you. Another rational poster in a sea of irrationality.

I don't condone the trade. But it's not like it makes this team significantly worse, while making the Rockets the odds on favorite to win the title next year.

Sense
07-13-2007, 01:02 AM
Oh my god.... your threads are ridiculous.. why dont you just

SHUT THE FUCK UP!? seriously... are you really retarded?

coachmac87
07-13-2007, 01:05 AM
ok people need to stop doggin the spurs and their staff..this trade was acutllay a very good one. I mean think about it, jackie butler just doesnt fit with the spurs. ya he is a good low post scorer but we have that in tim duncan..dont need another one, and he cannot elevate or play any defense. and it was clear to all of us that scola just wasnt going to come here and play. and obviously the spurs were not getting anything in return for him so its not like they couldve gotten what they wanted. Instead the spurs became more flexible about what they can do. with this trade they can actually afford going after somebody for the mle or less, and i expect this player to contribute immediatley. horry is gone after this season,bonner steps in. vaughn will be a back up for only one more, he better move to third string aftet next season. and dont even forget all the cap room they have for 08 when i believe they will add another great player, possibly a star. ya tim duncan made pop look good, but great players make great coaches. spurs are fine they will be fighting to the end repeat or not, maybe something else tops .4 or manus foul to knock them out again. i doubt it but you never kno. whoever started this thread needs to smoke something and chill the fuck out and look at the big picture!!!

Leetonidas
07-13-2007, 01:18 AM
:tu

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this guy is a waste of bandwidth.
I agree.

Roxsfan
07-13-2007, 01:49 AM

wow, and you used to not make sense :clap

mystargtr34
07-13-2007, 02:09 AM
Lol

v2freak
07-13-2007, 03:02 AM
I think he's got a point. Imagine if Parker and Ginobili had landed alongside other NBA superstars like Kobe and Dirk. Would they have blossomed the same way? Everything begins with TD

SpursFan0728
07-13-2007, 03:05 AM
gosh u r stupid

ancestron
07-13-2007, 08:38 AM
this is the biggest piece of crap thread... go be a Suns fan or something....since you hate the Spurs and everyone just rides Tim's coattails. get real man. you're a douche. go cheer for the Mavs you seem like you'd fit in nicely with their defeatist attitude. Fair weather fan. In the off season so many people forget about who teams already have, and rarely factor in any improvements the outstanding players already signed have made for the coming season. they all want to say "GOd we suck we didnt get anyone new!1 wahh!1 and they got Sticky Undies from the University of Whogivesacrap in the draft and he's gonna change the world with the BObcats!!! and sticky undies usually ends up riding the bench for 2 years and ends up with career averages of 2 pts and half a rebound. Stop being a Spurs fan dumbass you're making us look bad. Fuck Scola. Let him fight Tracy McGrady for the ball.

lebomb
07-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Im not happy about the trade either......but this is one stupid ass thread.

degenerate_gambler
07-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Suns get better

Rockets get SCOLA

Spurs do SHIT

yeah, ok chicken little.

suns get better by adding grant hill?? :lol

rockets are now a title contender because they have the rights to scola?? :drunk :drunk

justanotherspursfan
07-13-2007, 08:56 AM
rockets are now a title contender because they have the rights to scola?? :drunk :drunk
The Rockets are being coached by Rick Adelman, the architect of any number of absolutely brilliant playoff collapses. What better way to ensure that this lousy trade doesn't bite us in the ass. :lol

urunobili
07-13-2007, 09:24 AM

no buddy... he wants Tim to leave SA for making him work WAY too much for another ring when help was under their grasp and was taken right in front... this guy will be a Duncan's headache four times a year in an ideal scenario... you don;t want to add a 7 games series if Mc grady is healthy too...

Loose Cannon
07-13-2007, 09:25 AM
This board really should have a thread rating feature.

urunobili
07-13-2007, 09:26 AM
this is the biggest piece of crap thread... go be a Suns fan or something....since you hate the Spurs and everyone just rides Tim's coattails. get real man. you're a douche. go cheer for the Mavs you seem like you'd fit in nicely with their defeatist attitude. Fair weather fan. In the off season so many people forget about who teams already have, and rarely factor in any improvements the outstanding players already signed have made for the coming season. they all want to say "GOd we suck we didnt get anyone new!1 wahh!1 and they got Sticky Undies from the University of Whogivesacrap in the draft and he's gonna change the world with the BObcats!!! and sticky undies usually ends up riding the bench for 2 years and ends up with career averages of 2 pts and half a rebound. Stop being a Spurs fan dumbass you're making us look bad. Fuck Scola. Let him fight Tracy McGrady for the ball.

Fuck Scola? Fuck you then! you can watch his summer league playing agains Kobe n' company and the brazilian all stars...

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-13-2007, 10:53 AM
as a Spurs fan this will be a long season

hopefully Duncan can carry us to another title

anakha
07-13-2007, 10:56 AM
as a Spurs fan this will be a long season

hopefully Duncan can carry us to another title

Frankly, after seeing the thread title and your first post in this thread, you should have a Chicken Little avatar - you're insulting Tim by having his pic there. :rolleyes

gaKNOW!blee
07-13-2007, 10:58 AM
no buddy... he wants Tim to leave SA for making him work WAY too much for another ring when help was under their grasp and was taken right in front... this guy will be a Duncan's headache four times a year in an ideal scenario... you don;t want to add a 7 games series if Mc grady is healthy too...
yeah Id HATE to get in a playoff series with Tmac who has never been to the second round. That would be trouble.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-13-2007, 11:32 AM
when will people understand, it's more important to stay under the luxury tax then win a title for the Spurs

the only reason we win titles is because the Spurs pulled off the biggest upset in lottery history and landed Duncan

I hate Marc Cuban, but at least the son of a bitch is willing to spend

Vito Corleone
07-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Someone needs a Midol

I was thinking Vaginol

SpursChampsIII
07-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Splitter will be better than Butler as soon as he gets here. I'm not sure Scola plays defense well enough to be on this team, neither does the great superstar that went to Phoenix which automatically elevates them over the Spurs according to some mental giants in here. Do you think the Spurs would have traded Butler if they new he was going to get a lot better?

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Splitter will be better than Butler as soon as he gets here. I'm not sure Scola plays defense well enough to be on this team, neither does the great superstar that went to Phoenix which automatically elevates them over the Spurs according to some mental giants in here. Do you think the Spurs would have traded Butler if they new he was going to get a lot better?

do you actually think the Spurs know how to evaluate talent?

or did you forget the Spurs trading this guys rights for garbage?

SAGambler
07-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I think he's got a point. Imagine if Parker and Ginobili had landed alongside other NBA superstars like Kobe and Dirk. Would they have blossomed the same way? Everything begins with TD

I think you can contribute Tonys progress to the way he was handled by Pop.

And Manu is going to be Manu no matter where he plays or who he plays with.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-13-2007, 01:06 PM
I think you can contribute Tonys progress to the way he was handled by Pop.

And Manu is going to be Manu no matter where he plays or who he plays with.

without a big man drawing auto doubles and dropping 20+pts a night Parker wouldn't be 1/2 the player he is today

J.T.
07-13-2007, 01:31 PM
I bet we deal Javtokas' rights to Dallas for a Snickers bar next week.

rasho8
07-13-2007, 01:57 PM

This has to be a Suns fag or a joke alt... seriously no one can be this stupid and remember to breathe their whole lives.

They wuld of died as children.

Leetonidas
07-13-2007, 02:03 PM
do you actually think the Spurs know how to evaluate talent?

or did you forget the Spurs trading this guys rights for garbage?

The Spurs never owned Barbosa's rights you fucking moron.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2007, 02:03 PM

They did for about 5 minutes.

Leetonidas
07-13-2007, 02:06 PM
They did for about 5 minutes.
True, but let me rephrase that. The Spurs did not draft Barbosa for themselves. They were working out a deal with Phoenix and Phoenix asked for him to be drafted and the Spurs did and traded him to them. God, how many fucking times does that have to be explained?

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2007, 02:07 PM
The greater tragedy is that they would've used it on John Howard if they had kept the pick.

Leetonidas
07-13-2007, 02:12 PM
The greater tragedy is that they would've used it on John Howard if they had kept the pick.
I agree with that. But they were so sure they were going to get Kidd that it backfired. Oh well, hopefully they can land Brand next year so everyone will STFU and stop complaining that we lost some dude who will never play in the NBA and another guy who couldn't get playing time ahead of Francisco freaking Elson.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2007, 02:14 PM
We'll find out soon whether or not he plays in the NBA. The Rockets don't do that deal if he won't.

sandman
07-13-2007, 02:28 PM

http://www.interbasket.net/players/scola.jpg

Damned if I don't want to yell "Sloth loves Chunk!" every time I see that pic...

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-13-2007, 03:33 PM

actually they did

please kill yousrelf

jag
07-13-2007, 05:15 PM
actually they did

please kill yousrelf

actually they didnt. They gave phoenix the power over their draft pick. They never wanted to draft barbosa, phoenix did.

You're worthless and you act like a 10 year old. You and tpark can go buttfuck each other and cry via pm, but i'm really tired of your threads.

CubanMustGo
07-13-2007, 05:15 PM
actually they did

please kill yousrelf

You're the one starting all the crap threads, why don't you take your own advice? After all, you're bitterly disappointed so you must be depressed as hell.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Scola sent to the Rockets of all teams

and the Rockets are bringing him over THIS SEASON, yet the fukking Spurs were acting like only an act from God could bring Scola over from Tau

Buddy Holly
07-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Scola is Luis Scola... when the fuck did he become the next GOAT?

And why the hell are you still alive, you'd think you'd have learned a long time ago what a waste of air and skin you are.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Scola is Luis Scola... when the fuck did he become the next GOAT?

And why the hell are you still alive, you'd think you'd have learned a long time ago what a waste of air and skin you are.

I'll up this thread when the season starts and everyone see how good this will become

Buddy Holly
07-13-2007, 07:13 PM
If he's anything as good as your grammar and basic english language skill set then we have not much to worry about.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-13-2007, 07:15 PM
If he's anything as good as your grammar and basic english language skill set then we have not much to worry about.

pointing out grammar on a internet message board really makes you look smart :rolleyes

Buddy Holly
07-13-2007, 07:15 PM
pointing out grammar on a internet message board really makes you look smart :rolleyes

I'm not trying to look smart, just pointing out how fucking stupid you are. Is that a crime?

I'll tell you what, if you disapprove of my insults towards your english writing skills then go back to school, quit jerking off to online porn and getting so fucking caught up in NBA basketball that it strangles your basic social behavior.

The_Worlds_finest
07-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah yeah big deal losing the great vanishing Barbosa! Hey putz, you ever wonder why your a spectator and those guys your bashing win championships or does logic not comply to your stupidity?

Slinkyman
07-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm not trying to look smart, just pointing out how fucking stupid you are. Is that a crime?

I'll tell you what, if you disapprove of my insults towards your english writing skills then go back to school, quit jerking off to online porn and getting so fucking caught up in NBA basketball that it strangles your basic social behavior.

dude, you didn't have to point out Spurs Dynasty 21's bad grammar for me to know he was fucking stupid. Actually i think we've all known this for a long time now.

Buddy Holly
07-13-2007, 07:24 PM
dude, you didn't have to point out Spurs Dynasty 21's bad grammar for me to know he was fucking stupid. Actually i think we've all known this for a long time now.

There's all types of different "stupid." By pointing out that he's "fucking crazy ass stupid" I am just saying he's universally stupid.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-13-2007, 07:27 PM
staying mad at me isn't going the fact that the Spurs FO is perphaps the worst in the NBA

w/o Duncan lottery pick, Spurs=Hawks

Buddy Holly
07-13-2007, 07:30 PM
staying mad at me isn't going the fact that the Spurs FO is perphaps the worst in the NBA

Isn't going to what? Man, I think my brain screamed in pain when I tried to comprehend what the hell you just typed.

w/o Duncan lottery pick, Spurs=Hawks

And without Shaq the Lakers would have been the Hawks.

Without Hakeem the Rockets would have been the Hawks.

So your point is teams that have actual superstars (not ESPN superstars) cease to no longer be good once they're gone or had never been on said teams.

Fuck, did you also come up with the theory of air?

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Isn't going to what? Man, I think my brain screamed in pain when I tried to comprehend what the hell you just typed.

maybe I should dumb myself down to your level

let's see if you can understand this: The Spurs FO is not good. Does your pea size brain comprehend that? are you having a headache right now reading?

FromWayDowntown
07-13-2007, 07:36 PM
let's see if you can understand this: The Spurs FO is not good. Does your pea size brain comprehend that? are you having a headache right now reading?

Why not become a fan of another team with a better front office?

After all, you can't have been on the Spurs bandwagon for that long.

Buddy Holly
07-13-2007, 07:36 PM
let's see if you can understand this: The Spurs FO is not good. Does you pea size brain comprehend that?

I'm glad I think your opinion is about as worthy as a Spice Girls reunion tour.

are you having a headache right now reading?

Fuck yes.

Buddy Holly
07-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Why not become a fan of another team with a better front office?

Because he's too lazy to change his bookmarks.

SRJ
07-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Jesus H. Christ.

I would have quoted your post, but my eyeballs started to bleed the first time I looked at it.

Apparently, single-celled idiots like you think winning a championship every other year sucks. Apparently, nimrods like yourself buy into the media garbage about how repeating is better than separate championships. Apparently, stimulus-response dolts like you can't get over the fact that a fellow mindless chump like Stephen "Bullets" Jackson wouldn't sign the best offer he had on the table in the summer of 2003. And because your brain has less recall than Ronald Reagan's corpse, you forgot that Popovich took the job in midseason 1996-97, the season before Duncan arrived. It's not like he knew the Spurs would get the #1 pick, you brainless fuck.

I can't ban anyone, and I wouldn't normally call for the ban of someone who happens to be a little bit ignorant about certain basketball matters. But this is different. You don't have a goddamn brain in your fucking head. You don't deserve a mere ban from this site; you should be on permanent house arrest. No access to the outside world, no TV's, computers, or phones - just a cage, lots of straw, a water dish, an exercise wheel, and a maze with a fresh piece of cheese daily. You don't deserve the same rights the rest of us have.

td4mvp3
07-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Jesus H. Christ.

I would have quoted your post, but my eyeballs started to bleed the first time I looked at it.

Apparently, single-celled idiots like you think winning a championship every other year sucks. Apparently, nimrods like yourself buy into the media garbage about how repeating is better than separate championships. Apparently, stimulus-response dolts like you can't get over the fact that a fellow mindless chump like Stephen "Bullets" Jackson wouldn't sign the best offer he had on the table in the summer of 2003. And because your brain has less recall than Ronald Reagan's corpse, you forgot that Popovich took the job in midseason 1996-97, the season before Duncan arrived. It's not like he knew the Spurs would get the #1 pick, you brainless fuck.

I can't ban anyone, and I wouldn't normally call for the ban of someone who happens to be a little bit ignorant about certain basketball matters. But this is different. You don't have a goddamn brain in your fucking head. You don't deserve a mere ban from this site; you should be on permanent house arrest. No access to the outside world, no TV's, computers, or phones - just a cage, lots of straw, a water dish, an exercise wheel, and a maze with a fresh piece of cheese daily. You don't deserve the same rights the rest of us have.

i have no idea who you're talking to, but that was funny as hell.

SRJ
07-14-2007, 08:21 AM
It was about the original poster and his first abortion of a post.

Man In Black
07-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Yawn...OP bores me with his lack of intellect. Hey Spurs Dynasty(aka Lakerbandwagon and Sunsjocksupporter) ...this is your version of messageboard masturbation. People, Why help the guy gets off on inane shit?

Other than this lone post, I ain't going to be part of this whack ass bukake.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Yawn...OP bores me with his lack of intellect. Hey Spurs Dynasty(aka Lakerbandwagon and Sunsjocksupporter) ...this is your version of messageboard masturbation. People, Why help the guy gets off on inane shit?

Other than this lone post, I ain't going to be part of this whack ass bukake.

funny how bandwagon fans like you say I like the Lakers and Suns when I don't praise everything my fav. team does

SpurYank
07-14-2007, 11:37 AM
OK, everybody, here's the real skinny.

Scola is scared shitless to play in the NBA. He's afraid his ass is so slow he'll run out breath. He is slow and doesn't jump very well. He's the one playing games, and the Spurs have too much class to tell all you uninformed Monday morning quarterbacks and spoiled-as-hell fans (you could be Knicks fans and then what would you be saying?). He isn't coming. Spurs? Rockets?

Neither. It's same-o same-o. Spurs got tired of the whole mess.

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2007, 12:18 PM
funny how bandwagon fans like you say I like the Lakers and Suns when I don't praise everything my fav. team does

"Kettle? Yeah, this is Pot. Hey look -- I've been meaning to tell you that you're black."

It's not about praising every move or refusing to be critical. Those are the things that separate fans from homers. What you've done here is to suggest that your interest in a single player (Tim Duncan) exceeds your interest in the entire franchise (the Spurs). I don't really pretend to understand why you have so little faith in the Spurs organization, though I surmise that you're now in panic mode because you're unsure about which bandwagon you should jump on -- it would, of course, be easier to make that choice if Tim Duncan left San Antonio, right?

In any event, I'd genuinely suggest to you that if you think Spurs' management is the worst in the NBA (or not very good), you might use your bandwagon hopping skills and follow another team for the next couple of seasons. When you're done with that, you can report back to us comparing and contrasting the management styles employed by other teams.

For instance, it might be fun to follow Orlando for a few years and see just how wonderful life is when your front office maxes out a guy who doesn't deserve the max and can't make other moves that are necessary to take the step from pretty good team to championship contender. Or maybe you can follow the Nuggets, who have devoted such a huge percentage of their payroll to star-level starters that they have no bench to speak of and are going to rely on Chucky Atkins (apparently) to drive the boat this year.

Think about what a wonderful exercise that would be -- you could be saved from being constantly angry about the Spurs' poor management while actually learning something about how the NBA works.

cherylsteele
07-14-2007, 12:27 PM

Duncan = Spurs

Well duh!!

Ewing=Knicks
Magic=Bulls
Bird=Celtics
Jordan=Bulls

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Spurs won't lose TD after next year, but I'm not as confident on their chances of a repeat given their recent roster moves.

I understand that neither of the pieces traded away thus far had an impact on last year's team, but I also don't think that the Spurs had the most difficult road to the finals. I know it's not their fault, but the Spurs didn't have to face the Mavericks, had an Amare-less Suns team for one game, and didn't face the Pistons, Heat, or Bulls out of the East.

Add to that, Houston has added another legitimate scoring guard in James and legitimate low-post PFs in Scola & Butler. If they stay healthy, I think they surpass Utah and step into the conversation to turn what was clearly "top 3" last year into "top 4" next year.

All the while, the Spurs have elected to stand pat and extend the players that helped them to the win last year. Not a dumb decision, but I wouldn't argue that it was a smart one either.

I suppose time will tell, but I don't share the level of confidence in the current group that the Spurs FO seems to...

duncan228
07-14-2007, 12:46 PM
FromWayDowntown again puts it in perspective.
Thank You FWD.

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2007, 01:07 PM
I understand that neither of the pieces traded away thus far had an impact on last year's team, but I also don't think that the Spurs had the most difficult road to the finals. I know it's not their fault, but the Spurs didn't have to face the Mavericks, had an Amare-less Suns team for one game, and didn't face the Pistons, Heat, or Bulls out of the East.

You play who you play. I don't see how the Spurs could have made a financially-sound play for needed free agents without making a deal to get rid of some back end contracts. If getting Houston to take Butler required including Scola in the deal, I'm confident that the Spurs felt like the price was one that they could afford at this point.

and legitimate low-post PFs in Scola & Butler.

I suppose that depends on your definition of "legitimate." Butler wasn't a legitimate anything in 2006-07. His reputation in the league isn't the best -- after all, Sacramento balked at a deal that would have had them acquiring Butler, and it's not like the Kings are just flush with legitimate bigs at this point. Butler strikes me as more like a throw-in in this deal. The notion that he'll be some significant contributor to the Rockets, at this moment, is optimism without thinking about numbers.

As for Scola, it remains to be seen. Again, I'm sure that no franchise has evaluated Scola more than the Spurs have. It's intriguing to me that for a guy who is claimed to be the best available free agent, nobody in the NBA was willing to give up a first rounder to get him. To some extent, that market was shallowed out by the disagreements between Scola's people and Spurs management. But you'd think -- wouldn't you -- that, if Scola was some sublime talent and everyone was convinced that he would become a major contributor at the NBA level, teams in bidding against each other would have eventually agreed to tender a 1st Rounder in hopes of obtaining such a player. Somehow, through (apparently) a couple of summers of this, no team has been willing to part with such a commodity to get Scola. The asking price always remained at a 2nd rounder. That tells me that there's some doubt among NBA teams about just what Scola will be able to do.

If they stay healthy, I think they surpass Utah and step into the conversation to turn what was clearly "top 3" last year into "top 4" next year.

Now there's a bold prediction -- when the Rockets were healthy in the early stages of last season, that's exactly what most "experts" were saying about the West. I put zero credence into power rankings and other such things, but the Rockets were clearly in the West's Top 4 for most of last season. I understand that you're talking about being considered a legitimate contender as opposed to simply being the 4th best team in the conference, but I don't exactly see your forecast as unlikely.

All the while, the Spurs have elected to stand pat and extend the players that helped them to the win last year. Not a dumb decision, but I wouldn't argue that it was a smart one either.

Let's be clear about this, though -- the Spurs have elected to stand pat TO THIS POINT. Signing Udoka, if that happens, isn't just standing pat. And signing Udoka would seem to necessitate another deal to break up the logjam at the wing positions. Such a move, again, would not be standing pat.

I suppose time will tell, but I don't share the level of confidence in the current group that the Spurs FO seems to...

If it's true that the Spurs are close to signing Udoka, it suggests to me that the FO is aware that minor tweaks are needed. But I can't see any argument would lead me to conclude that wholesale changes are necessary for this team to compete for another title in 2007-08.

Avitus1
07-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Tim Duncan aint leave especially after a championship season.

mavs>spurs2
07-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Well duh!!

Ewing=Knicks
Magic=Bulls
Bird=Celtics
Jordan=Bulls

cherylsteele
07-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Damn....I meant Magic=Lakers
I was thinking of Jordan when I typed that...got ahead of myself.

Dingle Barry
07-14-2007, 03:56 PM
The complete dearth of logical reasoning in the OP's diatribes actually makes me sad for the future of our species.

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 04:20 PM
FWD,

Okay, so lets take this step by step.....

On addressing needs,

I agree with you that who the Spurs played in the playoffs was none of their doing, and I even agree that the Spurs can't make moves based off who they might play.

What the Spurs CAN do is work to solidify the weakeness they do have so that they match up well with as many teams as possible. They actually went away from that by dealing their only low-post players outside of Duncan. So, they in fact, created a weakness. There's also the issue of a small-ball 4 and backup PG. However small these weaknesses are, the Spurs have not dealt with them....and thus have not improved.

I also understand that the off-season is far from over, but I never claimed that my assessment was anything other than present-tense. I WANT to see the Spurs improve and address those needs...but thus far I haven't seen it.

On Butler,

To say that he wasn't good last year is to completely miss the point. He was good in limited minutes as a raw, out-of-shape prospect with the Knicks. And he spent the majority of last year without the opportunity to prove himself while he reshaped his body and adjusted to that lost weight. I understand his numbers weren't mindblowing in Summer League this year, but he was clearly the best player on the floor for the Spurs and showed good/great offensive potential.

About him being a throw-in....you know there was this throw-in for the Joe Johnson deal to Atlanta, and he played well enough in a new system to earn a $10M/yr contract. Not saying Butler is Diaw, but I do disagree with the Spurs giving up on this kid and his mind-blowigng $3M salary for NOTHING.

On Scola,

He didn't have any trade value because no team was going to pay too high a price for a guy they weren't sure was ever going to come overseas and play for them. His trade value (Spurs reportedly always asked for a FIRST rounder, BTW) was never based on his talent. What's so hard to understand about that?

On my prediction,

If you don't see it as unlikely, then why take the time to criticize me for saying it? My point was to say that the Rockets will be an improved team over last year to the point that they will be considered legitimate championship contenders. If you disagree, state that. If you don't...STFU!

Bottom Line: I don't think the Spurs need to make wholesale changes. After all, they won with this team last year. But that doesn't mean they're the favorite to win it this year with the same team. There are still holes in this roster (i.e. backup PG, legitimate small-ball 4, backup low-post player) and there are still teams out there that match up VERY WELL with this team and can exploit some of those weaknesses. They're still in contention, but I can't label them the clear favorites.

Cry Havoc
07-14-2007, 04:21 PM
maybe I should dumb myself down to your level

Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, both extremely late round draft picks, would like a word with you. In private.

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2007, 05:05 PM
FWD,

Okay, so lets take this step by step.....

On addressing needs,

I agree with you that who the Spurs played in the playoffs was none of their doing, and I even agree that the Spurs can't make moves based off who they might play.

What the Spurs CAN do is work to solidify the weakeness they do have so that they match up well with as many teams as possible. They actually went away from that by dealing their only low-post players outside of Duncan. So, they in fact, created a weakness. There's also the issue of a small-ball 4 and backup PG. However small these weaknesses are, the Spurs have not dealt with them....and thus have not improved.

With the current roster, and the way the game is played right now, I don't think there's a pressing need to have groups of guys on a roster who play on the low block. Unless those guys are players like Tim Duncan or Yao, low-post players aren't proving to be very successful in the new era of the NBA.

I'm not sure that the Spurs most pressing need is the development of 2 guys who might be able to occasionally score on the low block. This team needs some youth and athleticism on the wings far more than it needs low-block scoring, IMO. I'd agree that this team needs rebounding, too, but I'm not sure that the Spurs ever believed that they would get that from either Butler or Scola. And I'll trust their judgments over yours or mine -- they're the ones who get paid for this stuff and they're the ones who've seen both of those players up close and for extended periods of time. I'm quite certain that the Spurs have a better handle on the upside of either player than you or I do.

I also understand that the off-season is far from over, but I never claimed that my assessment was anything other than present-tense. I WANT to see the Spurs improve and address those needs...but thus far I haven't seen it.

My point was merely to suggest that we all give this some time, rather than becoming apoplectic at the first sign of a move that one of us might not make. The unwillingness of some around this forum to trust this front office is simply amazing to me. This management group has re-shaped this team at least 3 times since 1999, building around a core but working hard to find the right role players to support them. The lumbering team of 1999 gave way to a nice mixture of youth and age in 2003 and that gave way to a team that added more veteran savvy, some plodding bigs, and a group of marksmen in 2005. They learned from their mistakes in 2006 and built a team that was capable of playing both traditional lineups and smallball lineups and won another title.

I realize that focusing on titles is somehow too results-oriented for some in this forum, but it strikes me as fairly concrete evidence that Spurs' management has a really good idea about what it's doing. That this club is literally just a couple of plays away from legitimate thoughts of being a 5-time defending NBA champion is testament to how astute the basketball judgments of Spurs brass have been. I'm not sure when that metric became an invalid measurement of managerial success and wisdom. But, somehow, around this forum, that's exactly the case.

On Butler,

To say that he wasn't good last year is to completely miss the point. He was good in limited minutes as a raw, out-of-shape prospect with the Knicks. And he spent the majority of last year without the opportunity to prove himself while he reshaped his body and adjusted to that lost weight. I understand his numbers weren't mindblowing in Summer League this year, but he was clearly the best player on the floor for the Spurs and showed good/great offensive potential.

About him being a throw-in....you know there was this throw-in for the Joe Johnson deal to Atlanta, and he played well enough in a new system to earn a $10M/yr contract. Not saying Butler is Diaw, but I do disagree with the Spurs giving up on this kid and his mind-blowigng $3M salary for NOTHING.

Jackie Butler didn't get an opportunity to show himself at a lot of moments when it would have seemed likely that a promising player might have gotten a chance. At that, I still find it intriguing that other teams balked at acquiring Butler -- for such a promising player, there seem to be few GM's in the association who are willing to take a chance on him.

I put absolutely no weight on summer league numbers or performances.

Butler put up numbers with the Knicks, but, again, I don't see any translation to a full-time contributor. In fact, skimming the game log from his 2005-06 season, it appears that he did a lot of his statistical accumulation in moments when his team was being blown out. Butler was sold as a Hollinger-type star -- great per 48's; but great per 48's mean very little without proper context. When I watch Jackie Butler, though, I don't see a guy who has the ability to put up significant numbers in NBA games over long periods of time. At least not yet. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, and if so, more power to him; but it probably says something about the kid that the Rockets will already be his 3rd organization in 4 seasons.

On Scola,

He didn't have any trade value because no team was going to pay too high a price for a guy they weren't sure was ever going to come overseas and play for them. His trade value (Spurs reportedly always asked for a FIRST rounder, BTW) was never based on his talent. What's so hard to understand about that?

You completely missed my point. My argument goes like this:

1. Scola is reputed to be a great talent
2. Ostensibly, teams in the NBA would be interested in acquiring a great talent
3. The Spurs offered Scola for trade and asked for a 1st Round pick for him
4. The Spurs talked to several teams about Scola
5. No team would offer the Spurs more than a 2nd round pick
6. In a rational market, teams bidding on a player with great talent will increase their offers; teams didn't increase their offers

There are two ways that you can look at that scenario: (1) teams were willing to let a great talent pass them by because they didn't want to pay too steep a price to acquire that talent; or (2) teams believed that paying the Spurs price for Scola was giving up value that exceeded what they'd get in return. I suspect the latter is what truly happened.

I understand the point about the uncertainty with Scola's future. But if Luisito was truly a guy who would make an immediate difference upon coming to the NBA, I suspect that upper-echelon teams would have been quite willing to part with a late first rounder to get a shot at a guy who would be better than anyone they might draft at that point.

Did Scola have the Spurs over a barrel in a sense? Sure. But the Spurs were equally capable of screwing Scola over as well -- after all, if they viewed him as a guy who might hurt them down the road, they could have just marooned him in Europe. In any event, for all of the articles of faith that comprise your argument, here's on of my own: I don't buy that Scola's price was down solely because of his circumstances.

On my prediction,

If you don't see it as unlikely, then why take the time to criticize me for saying it? My point was to say that the Rockets will be an improved team over last year to the point that they will be considered legitimate championship contenders. If you disagree, state that. If you don't...STFU!

I criticized you for saying it because while offered as a bold prediction because of the ramifications of this trade, it really mirrors what already existed. If the Rockets stay healthy, they'll be in the mix for one of the top 4 seeds in 2007-08.

That's like me predicting that the Spurs and Mavericks will finish 1-2 in the Southwest.

And I wasn't actually criticizing you; I just thought it was curious that anyone would think that the Rockets as the 4th best team in the West would be some sort of quantum leap. It's clearly not.

Bottom Line: I don't think the Spurs need to make wholesale changes. After all, they won with this team last year. But that doesn't mean they're the favorite to win it this year with the same team. There are still holes in this roster (i.e. backup PG, legitimate small-ball 4, backup low-post player) and there are still teams out there that match up VERY WELL with this team and can exploit some of those weaknesses. They're still in contention, but I can't label them the clear favorites.

There aren't that many teams that matchup VERY WELL with the Spurs. The Mavericks do. The Rockets already did. Maybe the Lakers. To some degree the Suns.

I couldn't care less if the Spurs are the favorites to win in 2007-08 or not. Whether they're favored or not has absolutely no bearing on whether they'll win the title or not. As 2007 shows, it's all about making the most of your opportunities. I disagree with your assessments of this team's biggest needs, too. I don't think that a backup PG is that pressing for the Spurs; it would be nice to find a guy who can provide some offensive punch, but Vaughn was substantially better in 2007 than Van Exel was in 2006 and I think that had the Spurs had Vaughn instead of NVE in 2006, they likely would have beaten the Mavericks.

I also don't think that this team needs a smallball 4 as much as it needs youth and athleticism on the wings. I don't think it's necessary to have a 6'9" or 6'10" wing player to compete for a title. It's about being able to defend 5 positions in small ball groups, which to me means adding some depth on the wings. Other than perhaps rebounding, I see that as the Spurs most pressing need. I have no idea why they would need a backup low post player. Aside from my opening point about the relative ineffectiveness of all but the greatest low post players, I don't think that it would be conducive to the rest of this Spurs' roster to have a guy on the block who doesn't command a double team. With a roster (and a bench) full of shooters, having a guy who just sits on the block without making defenses move and rotate seems counterproductive. But that's probably just me.

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 07:22 PM
FWD,

So you're okay with having one guy on the entire team and in the entire system with the ability to play the low-post? I understand the rationale for not having both, but not having either doesn't make much sense....especially when you have duplicate talent (Bonner/Horry and Finley/Barry) at other positions. Wouldn't the logical thing be to have a diverse group of players with varying ability?

My rebuttal on Scola is simply...if all the Spurs could get for him is a likely late-second round pick in 2009, what was the use of trading him in the first place. He may not have been worth a first round pick talent-wise, but it's hard to argue that he's less of a problem getting 10 and 5 with the Rockets than not playing in the NBA for any team....

Regarding the prediction, I thought you got my point based on the first response but with your second response it clearly isn't the case. I wasn't implying just that the Rockets solidified the #4 spot in the west, but moreso that they vaulted themselves to being included in the conversation with the top 3....whereas before it was Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix....and everyone else. Disagree with that assessment if you want...

And disagree with me on team needs if you want as well. I could care less. Oh, and I never said any of the needs were "pressing", even going as far as to acknowledge that the Spurs won without them, but that doesn't mean they'll win without them again this year.

BTW, I also happen to think this team would be better off if they replaced one of the "shooters" with another guy that can slash to the basket and create via penetration....but that's just me.

Finally, you can go on trusting in the Spurs FO all you want and think whatever you want of me criticizing them. I don't care what you think.

IN MY OPINION, the Spurs screwed up in this last deal giving up too much, getting too little in return, and they're no better off in their quest for a repeat.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, both extremely late round draft picks, would like a word with you. In private.

those 2 will go down as some of the best steal in NBA draft history, especially Manu, who is my 2nd fav player

but besides those 2 picks, which are starting to look more and more like damn flukes, the Spurs haven't done shit

Scola.............my God what could have been

FromWayDowntown
07-14-2007, 07:55 PM
FWD,

So you're okay with having one guy on the entire team and in the entire system with the ability to play the low-post? I understand the rationale for not having both, but not having either doesn't make much sense....especially when you have duplicate talent (Bonner/Horry and Finley/Barry) at other positions. Wouldn't the logical thing be to have a diverse group of players with varying ability?

Well, let's analyze that for one second. I don't disagree about maintaining diversity within a roster. I quarrel, though, with your assessment that either Scola or Butler (or both) were going to provide that diversity.

It seems evident to me that the Spurs weren't interested in paying Scola what he wanted to be paid -- perhaps as a consequence of their internal evaluations of his upside. In any event, the result of that truth is this: the notion that Scola would ever diversify this roster is ludicrous. If the Spurs hadn't traded Scola, he would have remained in Europe for the next 5 years and would have never provided any value whatsoever to the Spurs.

That leaves Butler. I'm steadfast in my belief that Butler would have never seen big minutes (or even meaningful minutes) for the Spurs in the near term. I'll say it again -- I think Butler is a Hollinger Hero. Nothing more. To believe that Butler was somehow destined to provide key contributions as a second low-post threat is purely wishful thinking.

My rebuttal on Scola is simply...if all the Spurs could get for him is a likely late-second round pick in 2009, what was the use of trading him in the first place. He may not have been worth a first round pick talent-wise, but it's hard to argue that he's less of a problem getting 10 and 5 with the Rockets than not playing in the NBA for any team....

If he proves to be not worth a first round pick talent-wise, I don't think we'll see him putting up 10 and 5 for the Rockets.

Regarding the prediction, I thought you got my point based on the first response but with your second response it clearly isn't the case. I wasn't implying just that the Rockets solidified the #4 spot in the west, but moreso that they vaulted themselves to being included in the conversation with the top 3....whereas before it was Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix....and everyone else. Disagree with that assessment if you want...

I did get your point. I don't think that there was any question last year that the Rockets were a top 4 team and I don't think there was any question entering this season that the same would hold true. You think they might vault one of the Big 3 -- I'm saying I don't think that's a terribly bold statement.

And disagree with me on team needs if you want as well. I could care less. Oh, and I never said any of the needs were "pressing", even going as far as to acknowledge that the Spurs won without them, but that doesn't mean they'll win without them again this year.

You're awfully defensive about this. I don't see that finding a low-post presence is essential to defending this championship. And, in any event, I don't think that Luis Scola or Jackie Butler were ever going to fill that need. You do -- fair enough.

I used the word pressing to indicate that in terms of the relative nature of the Spurs need, the need that should be addressed with the most urgency is the need for some youth and useful (see, I injected another new word) athleticism on the wing. Again, we disagree -- that's what a message board is about, I think.

BTW, I also happen to think this team would be better off if they replaced one of the "shooters" with another guy that can slash to the basket and create via penetration....but that's just me.

Nope. That's not just you. But I don't think you benefit a slasher by playing him alongside a guy who, in real terms, is a mediocre-to-poor offensive threat on the low box. . . . but that's just me.

Finally, you can go on trusting in the Spurs FO all you want and think whatever you want of me criticizing them. I don't care what you think.

I'm not trying to get you to care what I think. I'm merely expressing opinions that refer to those that you've offered. You can do with my opinions as you wish. I think it's odd for Spurs fans to criticize this front office at this point in time, because the franchise has been so sublimely successful for the last decade and has made very, very few bad moves. They don't always make the splashy moves that some front office wonk/fans would like to see, but I think Spurs management always makes rational moves aimed at being competitive in the short term while retaining flexibility in the long term. There's a reason they're the model front office right now -- there's a reason that everyone is clamoring to duplicate their plan. It's funny to me that the only people who don't seem to appreciate the good work that Spurs management does are, by and large, Spurs fans.

IN MY OPINION, the Spurs screwed up in this last deal giving up too much, getting too little in return, and they're no better off in their quest for a repeat.

I'm glad you're able to express your opinion. And I'm glad that I'm able to disagree with you.

AFBlue
07-14-2007, 10:06 PM
FWD,

I'm seriously trying hard not to debate with you because I'm lacking the time and energy at this point....

But, I have one final thing to say. I think the Spurs FO does a phenomenal job of maintaining flexibility for the future while putting forth a competitive team for the present. I just happen to disagree with this move and think it makes the task of competing for another title a more difficult one.

I respect your difference of opinion and am glad I could rationally explain mine. I guess on this particular move and on the state of the Spurs as currently constructed, we'll agree to disagree...

HJNTX
07-14-2007, 10:10 PM
True but I'm sure he's heart broken and devastated over the loss of Jakie Butler.

I think I heard he didn't have the strengh to polish his four rings like he does every night.

It's very doubtful Tim polishes his rings at all..He's not about that ...

bigbendbruisebrother
07-14-2007, 10:26 PM

Hey now, I used to be 5! Don't insult five year olds!

The guy who started this thread had obviously grown weary of his double jointed ability to lick his own genitalia. He has clearly decided to switch to a new hobby--self-induced, public flagellation. More power to him. Don't listen to the nay-sayers. You GO, idiot! :downspin:

td4mvp3
07-15-2007, 09:17 AM
FWD,

They actually went away from that by dealing their only low-post players outside of Duncan.

On Butler,

On Scola,

how did the spurs deal away their only low-post scoring when neither player actually played for the spurs (or played so sparingly as to be next to never playing)? elson and oberto proved some scoring ability (the latter going 11-11 in one game and completely flummoxing utah in that series and showing up well against phoenix, too, to my surprise).

my deal with butler continues to be how the hell is he going to any team out of shape? how is he not in tip-top form to start play for the spurs? give yourself a chance, it's hard enough to get in the league to piss it away with too many twinkies. as for his summer league play, granted, he was the best on the team but, so far, that's not saying much. his numbers weren't stunning and his team has proven itself to be rather crappy.

and i can't believe teams would balk too much just based on the deal that houston arranged for scola. seemed reasonable, certainly within the realm of most teams. the spurs were asking for a 1st rounder but, if i remember right, they'd fielded some other offers as things fell apart before the houston deal. i might be wrong on that, though.

td4mvp3
07-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Spurs won't lose TD after next year, but I'm not as confident on their chances of a repeat given their recent roster moves.

Add to that, Houston has added another legitimate scoring guard in James and legitimate low-post PFs in Scola & Butler. If they stay healthy, I think they surpass Utah and step into the conversation to turn what was clearly "top 3" last year into "top 4" next year.

but essentially the same group took the mavs to 7 games, impressively enough; beat a suns team that had amare on it on 3 occassions, beat a much better pistons team a couple of years ago, and shouldn't be held liable for never playing teams that either proved their ineptitude by being swept in the first round or never making it to the finals since jordan. what's more, houston lost to the same utah team that got spanked by the spurs. if scola's defense is as suspect as everyone notes, i wonder if his presence changes those fortunes. not that the guy won't be a solid contributor for the rockets, but solid is juwan howard, too.

michaelwcho
07-15-2007, 09:36 AM
That was the best smack-down I've ever seen. I like how you carried the "lab-rat" analogy through. I wouldn't have chosen that particular one, but well-done!

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Butler put up numbers with the Knicks, but, again, I don't see any translation to a full-time contributor. In fact, skimming the game log from his 2005-06 season, it appears that he did a lot of his statistical accumulation in moments when his team was being blown out. Butler was sold as a Hollinger-type star -- great per 48's; but great per 48's mean very little without proper context. When I watch Jackie Butler, though, I don't see a guy who has the ability to put up significant numbers in NBA games over long periods of time. At least not yet. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, and if so, more power to him; but it probably says something about the kid that the Rockets will already be his 3rd organization in 4 seasons.

Sure, the stats guy in Htown probably creamed himself over the per 48s. LBrown was given as the reason Butler didn't see more PT during his time with the Knicks. I think Butler has potential, but am not ready to anoint him as a consistent starter at the 5 in the NBA. He can be one day, but that's not a given. Post-trade evaluations in pro sports automatically give certitude to prospective performance. That's why a lot of deals in the NBA that are hyped as the 'rip off of the century' turn into something else a few years down the pike. By that time, most fans will have forgotten and the team will have at least sold a few more tickets. I expect Scola to have near superhuman capabilities by early October.

You completely missed my point. My argument goes like this:

1. Scola is reputed to be a great talent
2. Ostensibly, teams in the NBA would be interested in acquiring a great talent
3. The Spurs offered Scola for trade and asked for a 1st Round pick for him
4. The Spurs talked to several teams about Scola
5. No team would offer the Spurs more than a 2nd round pick
6. In a rational market, teams bidding on a player with great talent will increase their offers; teams didn't increase their offers

There are two ways that you can look at that scenario: (1) teams were willing to let a great talent pass them by because they didn't want to pay too steep a price to acquire that talent; or (2) teams believed that paying the Spurs price for Scola was giving up value that exceeded what they'd get in return. I suspect the latter is what truly happened.

I understand the point about the uncertainty with Scola's future. But if Luisito was truly a guy who would make an immediate difference upon coming to the NBA, I suspect that upper-echelon teams would have been quite willing to part with a late first rounder to get a shot at a guy who would be better than anyone they might draft at that point.

Did Scola have the Spurs over a barrel in a sense? Sure. But the Spurs were equally capable of screwing Scola over as well -- after all, if they viewed him as a guy who might hurt them down the road, they could have just marooned him in Europe. In any event, for all of the articles of faith that comprise your argument, here's on of my own: I don't buy that Scola's price was down solely because of his circumstances.

It was the Spurs who had Scola over the barrel. The worst case for the Spurs was that a player who they apparently did not want would become unavailable for the forseeable future, thereby diminishing his value to the point they could not even land a 2nd round pick for his draft rights. The Spurs were at the point where landing a 2nd round pick and being seen as magnanimous towards an international talent looking to break into the league was deemed more worthwhile than just continuing to freeze him out. If the scenario was that Scola was a great talent and the Spurs were unwilling to meet his contract demands, they'd continue to freeze him out instead of gifting him to a divisional rival. The one counter to that is that the Spurs have been willing to send quality talent to a prospective rival before to accomplish other objectives (ie Barbosa in '03). In this case the objective was to shed the contract of a player they decided would not fit and reduce their prospective future luxury tax liability.

gaKNOW!blee
07-15-2007, 10:53 AM
wow, are Spurs fans really this spoiled?

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Scola's NBA success will be a painful thing to watch

gaKNOW!blee
07-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Scola's NBA success will be a painful thing to watch
not while we're winning titles

jay014
07-15-2007, 10:44 PM
saving money for 2008 free agent. Josh Smith from atlanta,Al Jefferson from boston,Luol Deng,Corey Maggette,pops boy Nenad Krstic,and one of scolas buddies Walter Herrmann. besides stephen jackson and jermaine o'neal(who will be a free agent next year) rode the bench early in their career.besides who wants gun waving idiot on their team.maybe james white will turn out to be another stephen jackson without the guns or ian mahinmi might become a dennis rodman without the crayola hair. Now we get to see if Scola was worth trading for nothing,I dought it.Hopefully tiago splitter turns to be something you never know besides it way to early to be criticizing the spurs on the moves they made. there is another 3 months before training camp and the trading deadline is early 2008 and TIM DUNCAN will extend his contract this year and they put up another 3 or 4 banners in the next 5 years so stop your crying and as for the lakers they SUCK! come to think of it you sound like kobe and if you are F#CK YOU!!

G-Nob
07-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Yes, I have a response......uhhh what?

-geico caveman

Gros Membres!
07-15-2007, 11:17 PM

think about it, without the FLUKE picks of Paker and Manu the Spurs have done fuckking jack shit int he draft. That Scola pick turned out great :drunk

:drunk
You're a real fuckin' tool, Spurs Dynasty. A blunt one, too.

GreasyJoe
07-16-2007, 03:40 AM

Let's not also forget the genius Spurs FO and there talent evaluation, for trading this guys rights for a box of used condoms

Wow. Why don't you go drink bleach, forget how to breathe and just die. Faggot get the fuck out and eat a bag of dicks you piece of shit.

Texas_Ranger
07-16-2007, 05:05 AM
:idiot

nil.ball
07-12-2008, 02:59 PM
lolz

Tully365
07-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Koo Koo

Taking it to the Hole
07-12-2008, 03:11 PM
I think Timmy will be halfway working on the second hand of rings before he retires.

Sissiborgo
07-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Duncan ain't goging nowhere he LOCO

honestfool84
07-12-2008, 03:37 PM
spurs dynasty is an asshole.

anakha
07-12-2008, 03:37 PM
SD21's greatest emo thread.

tp2021
07-12-2008, 03:50 PM
lolz

why in Tim's name did you bump this thread? what a loser.

Brutalis
07-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Troll thread

Strike
07-12-2008, 10:57 PM
:blah

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/strike019/PivenGTFO.gif

MarHill
07-13-2008, 12:13 PM
wow, are Spurs fans really this spoiled?

Yes they are!

And they don't know this is the Golden Age of the Franchise!! But some fans want to keep arguing about the ones who got away (Scola) or the ones they didnt get (Maggette)!!!

Yikes....it can be frustrating when they don't have perspective and look at the big picture.

For a championship level team....they are great financial position (they have gotten most of their bad contracts...i.e, Rasho, Malik, etc.) and they can still contend for a championship!!!

But of course...that isn't flashy or spectacular to talk or blog about!!

Spurs suck! (even though they have average 58 wins since the 2000 season. They had two 60 wins season in 2003 & 2006. They have reached at least the Western Conference Semis since 1999 {exception of 2000 where they reached the 1st Round Playoffs}. That is 9 out of 10 years of going deep into the playoffs and having a chance to win a championship!!!)

I know....perspective and the ability to see the forest from trees doesn't matter!

Some Spurs fans would rather see the team suck like the Clippers or Timberwolves. It would make them feel better...how ironic!!

This fan likes the fact we have a championship contending team and we are always right there and the fact we have WON IT...4 times in 10 years!!!!

Professional Sports is about winning championships....sometimes fans forget that!!!

manufor3
07-13-2008, 12:43 PM
spurs dynasty is an asshole.

i know both of them are

Mister Sinister
07-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks to whoever bumped this. It has brightened my day.

tonyisamazing
07-13-2008, 01:18 PM
And the Lakers are nothing without Kobe. Why would Tim Duncan opt out of a contract with the Spurs? That would be stupid. Your talking about Popavich how about Phil Jachson? He's not a good coach. If he didn't have Michael Jordan with the Bulls and Shaq and Kobe with the Lakers he wouldn't have Championchips either. By the way Pop took over BEFORE Duncan was drafted.