PDA

View Full Version : Baby steps, Baby Steps!

lotr1trekkie
07-12-2007, 09:12 PM
:donkey We didn't trade Tim Duncan!!!!!!!!!!! Or Manu!! Or Tony! Or Eva! We traded two players who were never going to play for us for some cap space and a potentially useless draft choice. Do you not think that Popovich signed off on this? Of course he did. Let's send him to the dumpster with Buford , Lindsey and Holt! It seems obvious to me that this deal is just setting up for another move. Signing Mahinmi, bringing over Splitter or making a trade where a little more cap space was needed. Take a deep breath and wait for the second shoe to fall. Those FO jerks seem to know how to win!

exstatic
07-12-2007, 09:12 PM
AHF I need my own thread syndrome....

Kori Ellis
07-12-2007, 09:13 PM
They did the trade to get under the luxury tax.

They will probably just bring over Mahinmi and send him to DLeague. No blockbuster trade is on the horizon or anything.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2007, 09:15 PM
So when the Spurs sign Rich Melzer do we jack off?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2007, 09:39 PM
:donkey We didn't trade Tim Duncan!!!!!!!!!!! Or Manu!! Or Tony! Or Eva! We traded two players who were never going to play for us for some cap space and a potentially useless draft choice. Do you not think that Popovich signed off on this? Of course he did. Let's send him to the dumpster with Buford , Lindsey and Holt! It seems obvious to me that this deal is just setting up for another move. Signing Mahinmi, bringing over Splitter or making a trade where a little more cap space was needed. Take a deep breath and wait for the second shoe to fall. Those FO jerks seem to know how to win!

Yeah, they win every other year. So we got owned for next year...

By the way Lord of the Rings dork, this didn't free up any cap space.