PDA

View Full Version : 3 Spots

El_Mago
07-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Alright, I am over the V-Span trade. It is what it is.

Now, the Spurs will more than likely buy-out V-Span.

Thus, that will leave 3 spots available now.

Ian, White, Sanikidze?

Ian, Sanikidze, Williams?

Ian, White, Williams?

I actually like the trade.

The Spurs were in a log-jam at the Big Man positions. I suppose the Spurs see the future bigs as Ian and Tiago (of course Timmy still being here), which I am okay with because they are good prospects.

As of right now, our biggest weak spots are probably athelticism in the wings.

I would love to see White here, but he has not been playing too great; however, Salt Lake will pretty much determine his faith. I believe he makes it past August 1st.

Sanikidze is interesting because he is aggressive enough, quick enough, and lengthy enough to become the SF of the future.

I will throw Marcus in there because the Spurs were high on him and feel he has the potential to be something down the road.

Now, comes the issue of the Toros. Any combination of these 4 players (Ian,Viktor,Williams,White) can be sent down there and brought up whenever the Spurs need them.....that is a true luxury.

I think the Spurs are starting to plan the arrival of the youth, and are going to start molding them.

Things look glim now, but the Spurs always know what they are doing.

4 Championships.

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 09:48 PM
They don't have three spots.

bigdog
07-12-2007, 09:51 PM
yeah, only 2 spots.

White is still guaranteed through August 1st.

if White is cut, then we have 3 spots.

timvp
07-12-2007, 09:52 PM
This trade opened no roster spots. Instead of Butler on the roster and Mahinmi somewhere in Europe, Butler will be on the Rockets and Mahinmi will take Butler's roster spot.

Kori Ellis
07-12-2007, 09:53 PM
My guess is that the Spurs cut White, sign Mahinmi and pick up a minimum contract player.

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 09:53 PM
My guess is that the Spurs cut White, sign Mahinmi and pick up a minimum contract player.

Why pick up a min player when White is probably still better than him?

itzsoweezee
07-12-2007, 09:55 PM
get it through your skull, idiots, ian is not better and never will be better than butler, let alone scola. the spurs got worse with this trade. there's no other way to look at it.

Kori Ellis
07-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Why pick up a min player when White is probably still better than him?

I just think they might be more apt to get a vet for the minimum, instead of White, who has been sucking in summer league.

I wish they'd go get James Singleton - but now five or six teams want him, so he'll get overpaid.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 09:58 PM
LOL @ Ian being the SPurs roster this year

those spots will be filled by bums with cheap contracts, that's it

and they will be players that won't break the rotation

Buddy Holly
get it through your skull, idiots, ian is not better and never will be better than butler, let alone scola. the spurs got worse with this trade. there's no other way to look at it.

So idiot, when did you watch Ian play?

bigdog
I really don't see Ian being even a decent contributor for the Spurs. he still has way too much to develop and I don't see him coming over, and besides he hasn't even played in the summer league. unless the Spurs really have seen a vast improvement in him, i dont see him coming over. i'm not giving into all the hype most of the people here on spurstalk give him. I really don't think Mahinmi is good right now, or that he ever will be. thats just my opinion

Kori Ellis

I think Ian will be on the Spurs roster, but playing in Austin.

mystargtr34
07-12-2007, 10:01 PM

And?

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-12-2007, 10:06 PM
I think Ian will be on the Spurs roster, but playing in Austin.

I would love for that to happen but that's too good to be true considering the Spurs history

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 10:07 PM
A good idea would be to keep a roster spot clear to see if another player drops out of a full roster, like James White did last year. Knicks currently have too many players. I'd like Demetrius Nichols, please. (For White, just dump him.)

bigdog
07-12-2007, 10:09 PM
i doubt Nichols would be let go by the Knicks. he's been playing pretty well for them in the summer league, and they seem to like him alot

Mr. Body
07-12-2007, 10:10 PM
i doubt Nichols would be let go by the Knicks. he's been playing pretty well for them in the summer league, and they seem to like him alot

I know. They have a bad roster crunch, though.